New UCS R2

Reaction score
I'm curious what others think about the R2 image we have seen?

My first reaction is that it looks off.

Someone on another forum said their brain doesn't see the ridges as a round dome. I think that is a good way to describe it.

I will withhold final judgment until we see more.

Here is a link to the image :
http://instagr.am/p/CM2JWWOpP4S/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been on a big LEGO kick lately, but I need to see the full build before passing judgement. So far it's a pass, but that may change with the full reveal.

Reaction score
Just for comparison, here is the old one. Again, like someone else mentioned, my brain sees this dome as more rounded than the other one. Maybe the studs help? Unsure.
10225 R2-D2.jpeg

Reaction score
I probably will just keep my old one and pass on the new one. Even if the middle leg is better I display mine in the 2 leg stance anyway.

Reaction score
I missed out on the last one so I will likely pick this one up. What I really like about this version is the inclusion of the hidden compartment with the lightsaber.

Reaction score
It's a great update that I think improves on the first version, but the style is different enough that it doesn't make that one obsolete.

I think the new dome will look really good in person.

Reaction score
So this sold out immediately, sadly.
Also, this was the big reveal for May the 4th? I was thinking a big announcement was coming today, guess not.

Reaction score
UCS sets are usually only available initially from Lego but show up elsewhere when supply meets demand over time.

Reaction score
It’s my birthday at end of the month and planned to pick this up. Stupidly I should have foreseen the demand and just bought it when I saw it in stock. Sadly, looks like loads have been bought and literally stuck straight on EBay for ridiculous amounts.

Last edited: