New "The Force Awakens" General Mills Droid Viewer Promotion

Reaction score
General Mills has a new Star Wars promotion, with “Droid Viewers” included in boxes of cereal. These are small plastic representations of various droids, with a lens on the bottom through which you can see an image from the film. It’s like a super simplified Viewmaster. I found boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios with this promotion at a Target in Central Massachusetts, but I assume there will be more types of cereal once these start shipping out in large numbers. There are six to collect, from left to right: Mouse Droid, (Unknown?), R2-D2, C-3PO, PZ4CO, and BB-8. The box I purchased had PZ-4CO inside.

Reaction score
The yellow droid is called something like UM40B, or some such. That's the one I got in my first box. I'm going to buy another to try to get the mousedroid, for obvious reasons. If I get any other droid in the second box, I'd be willing to trade someone for the mousedroid.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the Target BB8.
The white is a pearl white paint. He is also painted front and back and has BB-8 on the back panel (where Star Wars is on front)
Pretty cool.

Really hope to find the Mouse droid.

Reaction score
We did not get sweet cereals often at home, and when we did, Mom made us eat enough cereal to see the prize before we could fetch it out. Grandma would let us pick our own cereal when we stayed overnight with her. She would get out a large mixing bowl and pour the cereal into it so we could get the prize before breakfast. :) Good memories!

Reaction score
Just need PZ to finish the set. I do have an extra BB-8 (not the limited one) if anyone wants to trade

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked up boxes of CTC, Cheerios, and Reece's Puffs thinking that the image shown on the front of the box was the droid viewer inside. Judging by the posts here, they're totally random, I suppose? I was ok buying 7 boxes of cereal, but I don't really wanna keep getting doubles. No one eats much cereal in my house.

In any event, it's absolutely amazing to see prizes inside the box again! TFA really is bringing back the nostalgia.

Reaction score
I have an extra PZ-4C0. I need C-3P0, R2 and the yellow one. If anyone wants to trade, just let me know.

Thanks

Reaction score
I've been getting these for awhile in Reece Puffs, only the really big boxes had them at first. At least now I've started to see them in smaller boxes so it's cheaper. I still need UM40B, the yellow droid. And so far all my droids have been packaged separately in the box. But the Target exclusive BB-8 was actually in the cereal bag.

Reaction score
I've been getting these for awhile in Reece Puffs, only the really big boxes had them at first. At least now I've started to see them in smaller boxes so it's cheaper. I still need UM40B, the yellow droid. And so far all my droids have been packaged separately in the box. But the Target exclusive BB-8 was actually in the cereal bag.

I wonder if they put the exclusive BB8 inside the cereal to deter people from opening boxes in store and stealing it? It is interesting that the "regular" boxes have the viewer packed outside the cereal.

Reaction score
I've bought two boxes with the exclusive BB-8 from Target, and the toy was outside the bag, just like the others.

Reaction score
I've bought two boxes with the exclusive BB-8 from Target, and the toy was outside the bag, just like the others.

That's crazy. Must have been a particular processing plant thing. I wonder where down the chain the discision is made to put it in the box or out? Curious.

Reaction score
I got the Target BB-8 one today and BB-8 was also on the outside of the box--that surprised me. I realized that I must've looked like an idiot in the cereal aisle, though. I was looking for more branded cereal brands, thinking that the picture on the box corresponded with the viewer inside (as it is with the Target exclusive). Then I read the fine print, which says that it varies. Argh! As you can tell, I haven't bought cereal for the toy inside since I was a kid.

Reaction score
Hmm- I was in target last week and picked up a couple boxes but didn't pay attention to the fact there's an exclusive BB-8. I'll have to go back now

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, I got the yellow one so all I need is 3P0 and R2... I have spares of the mouse droid and PZ-4C0 to trade :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Roger
OK, I got an R2 in a trade so all I need is a C-3PO... I have a mouse droid and (regular) BB-8 to trade if anyone's interested.

Thanks,
Roger

Reaction score
There is already a new promotion from General Mills, with Force Awakens decals being packed in cereal boxes.

Reaction score
Oh no I haven't found all the droid viewers yet. Anyone need a C3-PO (i got two boxes and both had 3po) for an R2 or the orange Gronk?

Reaction score
I know but bad news is I hate Cheerios.But there's a cool cookie crisp box with the wolf dressed as a Storm Trooper.

Reaction score
I am still looking for a power droid and a C-3PO. I have plenty of the others for trade, if anyone can help me out.
Thanks

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got 5 spare regular BB-8 viewers and 1 spare C-3PO if anyone is looking. The only one I haven't been able to find is the mouse droid if anyone wants to trade.

Reaction score
There is already a new promotion from General Mills, with Force Awakens decals being packed in cereal boxes.

Like the Droid Viewers, there is an exclusive 7th decal (the Millennium Falcon) to collect. This time the exclusive (no picture online currently that I could find) is offered only in Reese Puff cereal sold exclusively at Kroger Co. owned stores (aka Kroger, Dillon's Food Stores, Fred Meyer, Fry's Food Stores, QFC - Quality Food Centers, Ralphs, and Smith's - Market Fresh. Money Smart.)

Reaction score
I have got a virtual red arm 3po army (keep finding him), an extra mouse and PZ if anyone has an extra R2 lmk would love to swap for him.

Reaction score
Still looking for the Target Exclusive BB-8 and B-U4D. I have two regular BB-8 droids and one PZ-4C0 droids for trade (pictures a couple of posts above this one). I would definitely trade two for one if you have one I need. PM me thanks!