New Star Wars Solo cards

Reaction score
I got two Hobby boxes of Topps cards for the new Solo set. Each box had a complete set of the base cards, so that's good. However, I'm still looking for cards for some of the chase/insert sets. Has anyone else started getting these cards? It's amazingly quiet out there.

Reaction score
Im drooling to finally find the packs at target. I will get a few just to get an impression about the whole set. (plus, to burn those silly DENNYS coupons)

If I like them, I'll go all in, and purchase a few hobby boxes. I don't like how AldenE. is absent from the autographs list, tho.
I don't want another han who's got a problem doing autos

Wolf.

Reaction score
This set is all about pictures of the actors, with almost nothing about the actual story. I suspect we will get another set down the line that will have scenes from the movie and better autographs. It's just typical of the approach Topps usually uses.

Reaction score
Unless Topps is contractually obligated to produce a second set, i don't see them making one. Box prices have already dropped under $69 and the set only came out two weeks ago

Reaction score
Have you guys actually found Solo cards at Target?I have been looking at my Targets since I got the coupons at Dennys. I have yet to see any boxes.

Reaction score
Have you guys actually found Solo cards at Target?I have been looking at my Targets since I got the coupons at Dennys. I have yet to see any boxes.
I picked up a box of 16 cards for $5 and saw the $20 boxes, but no single packs at a local Target just a few days ago. But the other Target that I frequent hasn't had these yet.

Reaction score
Hit two more Targets today and found the 10 pack boxes...Finally!! I bought one. The patch was nothing special, but I had a question about the cards. I got 11 duplicates and 1 triplicate out of sixty cards, but they are not true duplicates. The cards are identical, but the card texts have different color backgrounds. The card numbers are the same...Is this a way for collectors to go nuts collecting all the colors but producing less cards?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are the parallels. There are at least 6 different parallel colors for each base card. Topps hopes to get you to buy more cards to try to complete the parallels, or at least get one of each. I generally just try to choose one card number and try to get one of each parallel for that number, but it isn't easy since the red and gold ones are very rare.

Reaction score
Anyone up to trade to complete their sets? I need one more Argus 6 eyes from the Solo Denny cards too if anyone has one. I'll post my Solo cards needs later if anyone is interested.

Jaybo...

Reaction score
My Solo set is complete, but I've got some extras that might help you out. Let us know what you need.

Reaction score
Im not keen on this set. Rose is right. They're all character poses. 90% at portrait, and 10% are wide set pieces.
Its not a highly desirable set.
I think Disney didnt want to let anything out to topps given all the production switcheroos this film had. A second set would have been nice, but with the low numbers this movie is pulling, I think topps is ready to just let this title fade away.

-Wolf

(edit) Oh, and I cant find single packs at target either. anyone want about a dozen $1-off coupons?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool. I don't need much aside from needing one more Argus Six Eyes from the Denny's promotional set...

I'm looking for Solo cards: 39, 50, 67, 77, 79, SL-5, SS-1, 2 & 7, I-7 or any sticker cards.

I've got numerous extras if anyone else needs something.

Reaction score
Edited with changes...I don't need much aside from needing one more Argus Six Eyes from the Denny's promotional set...

I'm looking for Solo cards: 50, 67, 77, SS- 2 & 7 or any sticker cards.

I've got numerous extras if anyone else needs something.

Reaction score
I can send you base cards 67 and 77. No need for anything in return. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get them to you.

Reaction score
I am looking for base cards 20, 31, 51, 76. All That's left in my local stores are 20 dollar boxes, I hate to gamble on one and still not get cards I need. I have lots of doubles, if anyone is still looking for cards I'd be happy to trade.
Thanks

Reaction score
PM me your mailing address and I'll send you 51 and 76. No need for anything in return.

Reaction score
I've got 20 & 31, I'm looking to trade for 39, 50, 80 or SS1

I am looking for base cards 20, 31, 51, 76. All That's left in my local stores are 20 dollar boxes, I hate to gamble on one and still not get cards I need. I have lots of doubles, if anyone is still looking for cards I'd be happy to trade.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you ever get the other two you needed? I might be able to work a deal for you to get them if you haven't.

Reaction score
Did you ever get the other two you needed? I might be able to work a deal for you to get them if you haven't.
I managed to get the last 2 cards I needed, but thanks for checking. I have doubles if you know someone looking. I'd be happy to help.
Thanks again,
Jim