New Retro Line

Reaction score
I'm wanting to pick up a Vader and a Stormie, wheres the Emperor and Royal Guard though. Why are those two figures always the least produced or seem to be anyhow.

Reaction score
TFSB set is moving along now...hopefully by Spring our sets will be in hand.

I'm amped for those.
Honestly after seeing the Thrawn, I am sorry I didn't spring for the carded set too. I am going to have to thin my collection soon to make room in the budget for more retro and vintage style figs.

Reaction score
I ordered the carded ROTJ Slave Leia. It’s my first StanSolo purchase. They look really cool and well done. Sadly it will probably arrive from the UK before another set of OT Retro Collection figures gets released.

Reaction score
Now that I’ve seen both of them, I like the top one way better; the bottom one looks like the POTF2 figure to me.
I got a box today... sadly, only Luke Stormtrooper. I didn't recall seeing preorder on Slave Leia but its not surprising. Everything they make is well worth the wait.

Reaction score
With Hasbro branching the retro collection away from the original Kenner line, I hope they revisit Rogue One with the retro collection. Would be a great "filler" wave to hold us over until ROTJ's 40th anniversary.

Reaction score
With Hasbro branching the retro collection away from the original Kenner line, I hope they revisit Rogue One with the retro collection. Would be a great "filler" wave to hold us over until ROTJ's 40th anniversary.
Who would that include?

Jyn
Cassian
Chirrut
Baze
Krennick
Death Trooper
K2SO

Seem likely.

Reaction score
Who would that include?

Jyn
Cassian
Chirrut
Baze
Krennic
Death Trooper
K2SO

Seem likely.
I saw a custom Blue Leader/General Merrick which looked neat. He deserves a spot.

Reaction score
I really want to get into the Retro line but I cannot get past those huge red RETRO stickers covering the character picture on the cardbacks. 👎

Reaction score
I just picked up the Stormtrooper, Vader and Fett; great figures and I actually don't mind the retro sticker at all. It's great to have a carded retro figure without having to pay the high prices for the originals.

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion, that Wave 3 is going to show up Very shortly. Things have been showing up ahead of schedule, and with the Cara cancels, they must have already been on the boats no? just a gut feeling.

Reaction score
Retro shouldn’t waste its time with non-OT. If they HAD to do The Mandalorian they should’ve made just him, with a wave of Tusken Raider, Jawa, Biker Scout, etc.
What's done is done, I just hope they don't do prequel and R1 figs in favor of OT offerings.

Reaction score
I’m excited about it! I agree that it’s going to hit sooner rather than later; any other erstwhile delays may be mitigated by the opening economy. It’ll be interesting to see if it actually hits any pegs.

Reaction score
I’m excited about it! I agree that it’s going to hit sooner rather than later; any other erstwhile delays may be mitigated by the opening economy. It’ll be interesting to see if it actually hits any pegs.
Question is.... who will ship them first? I have sets ordered at Target, Walmart, BBTS and EE.
I am going to customize Mando straight out of the gate. I dyed a second Squid Head cape when I was making my Vintage Garindan, so It's ready to replace the awful Mando cape.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope they will surprise us with an OT wave this fall/winter. They're making a mistake if they have two retro waves in a row now that don't have an army builder. How ESB's anniversary has come and gone with out a Snowtrooper to army builder is a mystery to me.

I know it's unrealistic, but dang it. I really hope Hasbro gets around to remaking all 96 Kenner figures. Although at this rate, we'll be 96 before they're done.

Reaction score
Like some of you other fellow collectors, I have a hard time getting into this line. I like it, i love the vintage card back, the beat up look, i like everything about it. I bought Hoth Han and Boba Fett and thought of a few others but i dont feel pressed to buy any. Maybe I am enjoying all the offerings from TVC lol

Reaction score
I just now sat down and had myself a little Retro party. I carefully opened all 12 originals and put them in a vintage vinyl suitcase style ESB figure case. It was awesome. I stood them up on the pegs. I had a lightsaber fight. I got to checkout accessories I’ve never played with before. Because they were lost in my house while I was still a baby.

Then I looked over at the yet unopened Snowspeeder Luke and Moff Tarkin. I felt nothing. I tucked them away, still carded. We’ll see. But this makes me feel like I won’t even bother with one set of Retro Mandalorian figures.

Reaction score
Then I looked over at the yet unopened Snowspeeder Luke and Moff Tarkin. I felt nothing. I tucked them away, still carded. We’ll see. But this makes me feel like I won’t even bother with one set of Retro Mandalorian figures.
I feel the same about Snowspeeder Luke, but the Tarkin is fun. Love having him. The Luke is just too generic looking. I wish the figure matched the card profile and was helmetless.

Reaction score
Yeah, luke snowspeeder pilot is a bit bland and generic but so was the luke xwing pilot. Removable helmet would been great, but those didn't happen until ROTJ w/boushh leia and skiff lando being the 1st ones. I really was disappointed w/ endor poncho luke because he did not have removable helmet, if he did, he'd been an ideal ds duel luke as well. As far as blue sabers, jedi luke initial runs had a blue saber b4 they switched to green I lost my bespin yellow saber and later my dog chewed up jedi luke so in the end, bespin luke had a blue saber and new luke jedi had a green one.
I as hoping the game/figure combo would've been dagobah game w/ dag training luke, I guess it's still possible if a mix wave happens before ROTJ wave for 40th anniv.

Last edited: