New Retro Line

Reaction score
Here's a question for all of you, do you display retro characters that were not produces previously with your vintage Kenner collection? I have mine displayed in playsets.
I don't. I am such a purist. I never mixed my action figures with anything else. Even as a child. My brother used to sneak a Micronuaght in my SW displays and I would quickly discard them. He still, to this day, kids me about it.

Reaction score
I’m a pure opener and have been since the beginning, but I actually have decided to keep my Retros carded (I already have the Kenners open together). I don’t think I would mix them anyway, but for now Retro gets their own carded thing.

Reaction score
I’m a pure opener and have been since the beginning, but I actually have decided to keep my Retros carded (I already have the Kenners open together). I don’t think I would mix them anyway, but for now Retro gets their own carded thing.
I briefly contemplated replacing each one in my vintage display with the retro but I have ended up displaying them separately.

Reaction score
Yep, forgot to mention that I have a carded set that I still have to display. They will most likely go in cases pinned to the wall.

Reaction score
Strange we still haven't seen carded images for the new Mandalorian wave. Based on the Remnant Stormtrooper, I'd guess that Mando, Dune, Gideon and the Child will be the same image as the TVC releases. Anyone think Hasbro might use "Din Djarin" & "Grogu" for the pillbox?

Reaction score
A Mandalorian themed pack similar to this only with Sand People, Jawa, and Biker Scout would be cool. Not exacty a Villian Pack... but a great way to get these out. Plus it’d sure be great for army builders...

View attachment 372690
Would be even better if it was boxed like the skiff guatd 3 pack. mando logo on box but appropriate cards from the OT.

Reaction score
Would be even better if it was boxed like the skiff guatd 3 pack. mando logo on box but appropriate cards from the OT.
I really liked the vintage special action figure sets but its possibly its from a rarity perspective. I didnt like your idea at first until it sunk in. That gives you options display wise, providing your a non-opener. I personally would take the individual figures out and display them carded separately. The ones that are more on the mandalorian side could leave them in the outer box. Good stuff 👍

Reaction score
Wow! What a slew of beautiful figures! I love those Last 17.
Thanks. I have been extremely fortunate to have been able to afford them. On the vintage end i don't have much left to get. So I asked for nothing but gift cards for holidays, and will sock away a couple dollars where I can. It's been a long road. Took me over 30 years of being paitent. But have to admit, now that it's nearing completion I am a bit sad about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I put Tarkin next to Vader, etc.

I don't have any Last 17 yet but they'll jsut go with the groups they go with, rather than all together. I kinda group em by affiliation/planet or whatever, so I care more about that than the like, behind-the-scenes thing of when what was released, etc

Reaction score
again, i'd love to see a mando themed figure case. A mando helmet like the vader or c3po case OR a vinyl double tray version. But Super7 has a similar mold to the vinyl cases so i wonder if hasbro could even do that style now

Reaction score
Maybe maybe not... Though my Mego collection could use some attention....hmmmmm😉
I hear you. I finished my loose collection several years ago, right before prices started to spike. It was much easier when the POTF's were no more than $120. Later I started and finished a loose Droids and Ewoks collection. I'm only missing a couple accessories overall, that ended up being more than the actual figures.

Reaction score
Just finished paying off both wave 2 ESB Leia and Han - so now we continues to wait until these arrive...
...and just had both preorders for these wave 2 RC figures cancelled! :confused:

So transferred the balance across to the RC Mando figure preorder instead - which is still available on May preorder (and one I’m very excited about!)... so a silver lining after all!

(y) :)

Reaction score

A Mandalorian themed pack similar to this only with Sand People, Jawa, and Biker Scout would be cool. Not exacty a Villian Pack... but a great way to get these out. Plus it’d sure be great for army builders...

View attachment 372690
I would re-buy these three figures together in retro style packaging.
Commemorating "The Rescue" symbolic of when not just Grogu but Star Wars and Luke Skywalker were saved
...the moment the OG Trilogy and Mando came together!
In a Three Pack
Retro Jedi Luke, with black cape.
Retro Mando in Beskar colors with (retro style) Din Djarin head, a ROTJ era cloth cape, Darksaber and spear.
And Grogu (repack)

A concept (also posted) for the other line ^, but these three ^ together in retro style would be great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ooooh, I’d buy that. Looks really cool. I’d also love a Retro sequel Han, Luke, and Leia three pack. Or even an all Luke three pack. And all Leia three pack. Han has only one look, so maybe he comes packed with Chewie and Threepio.

Reaction score
All of those look awesome. The Mando three pack would be really cool but I think it would probably just be Din with his helmet on in the retro version. The cloth cape is a must with the jet pack and wish they went with them in wave 1 of the Mando line. Hasbro could do so much with the retro line

Reaction score
Where did you get those riser stands? My cabinet is cluttered now...
First off, I love your collection.
As for Stands, I'm using these in my Detolf https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K3H4B6V/ - good price for a 2 pack, and free ship w/prime. Good quality stands too. They leave about an inch on either side of the shelf, but I've used that to stagger them left/right to add things like speeders/TaunTauns. I'd post pics but it's all moved and in the process of being re-laid out.

Reaction score
First off, I love your collection.
As for Stands, I'm using these in my Detolf https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K3H4B6V/ - good price for a 2 pack, and free ship w/prime. Good quality stands too. They leave about an inch on either side of the shelf, but I've used that to stagger them left/right to add things like speeders/TaunTauns. I'd post pics but it's all moved and in the process of being re-laid out.
Thanks

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, the Remnant trooper is the same mold as the wave 1 stormtrooper. They still can't hold a gun well...😥
I just turned on my sink hot water and heated up the hand and bent the fingers in a closed grip a few times when the plastic is warmed up. Then closed the hand around blaster and cooled it down with cold water. They will hold the blasters then.

Reaction score
I just turned on my sink hot water and heated up the hand and bent the fingers in a closed grip a few times when the plastic is warmed up. Then closed the hand around blaster and cooled it down with cold water. They will hold the blasters then.
I may just have to try it.