New Retro Line

Reaction score
^ but will all be at same time or spread out? There is to be 9 or10 mando mondays total. The next is 26th, then each Monday after an episode drop ending on 12/21 if I did my math correct. Those later Mms should be ideally tvc the Child and Great for may eta plus maybe any new announcements for next summer releases. Hoping for Gideon's TIE fighter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ but will all be at same time or spread out? There is to be 9 or10 mando mondays total. The next is 26th, then each Monday after an episode drop ending on 12/21 if I did my math correct. Those later Mms should be ideally tvc the Child and Great for may eta plus maybe any new announcements for next summer releases. Hoping for Gideon's TIE fighter.
likely all together, Mando Mondays seem to rotate in various product lines, such as LEGO and Funko stuff among others.

Reaction score
Rotj
1 Scout Trooper
2 Emperor
3 Jedi Luke
4 Lando Skiff Guard
5 Endor Han
6 Wicket
7 new Slave Leia

Potf
1 Luke Stormtrooper
2 General Lando
3 Cartonite Han with new eyebrows.
4 Anakin Skywalker
5 Yakface
6 R2 with spring loaded lightsaber
7-new Han Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Rotj
1 Scout Trooper
2 Emperor
3 Jedi Luke
4 Lando Skiff Guard
5 Endor Han
6 Wicket
7 new Slave Leia

Potf
1 Luke Stormtrooper
2 General Lando
3 Cartonite Han with new eyebrows.
4 Anakin Skywalker
5 Yakface
6 R2 with spring loaded lightsaber
7-new Han Stormtrooper
Fun choices overall. I realized my list had the guard but no emperor.🤣

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to contact them directly about getting one...hmmm...
No go on solids of stormtrooper, I think we still have some singles but I'm certain we would not have more than 50 or so on hand. Hasbro had about 4000 units across all characters in July, and we bought all of them. Still got about 1000 Darth Vader in stock and a few hundred sets.

I see your location is Nashville, we're located in Murfreesboro just a short trip away. We're moving into a new warehouse in about 3 weeks and we'll have a retail store in the front, so be sure to come check us out some time.

Reaction score
No go on solids of stormtrooper, I think we still have some singles but I'm certain we would not have more than 50 or so on hand. Hasbro had about 4000 units across all characters in July, and we bought all of them. Still got about 1000 Darth Vader in stock and a few hundred sets.

I see your location is Nashville, we're located in Murfreesboro just a short trip away. We're moving into a new warehouse in about 3 weeks and we'll have a retail store in the front, so be sure to come check us out some time.
How about Wave 2 sets?

Reaction score
How about Wave 2 sets?
There's no word on Wave 2 yet as they're still a Walmart exclusive. Whenever Walmart pulls them off their planogram and indicates that they're done with them, then Hasbro will most likely open them up to fan channel. We already had discussion with Hasbro about them several times this year.

In a completely unrelated topic, I bought all the remaining Walmart exclusive Vintage Collection Tie fighters Hasbro had left in stock, provided that we actually get them, their inventory numbers can be off, it'll be a great Black Friday doorbuster

Last edited:
Reaction score

There's no word on Wave 2 yet as they're still a Walmart exclusive. Whenever Walmart pulls them off their planogram and indicates that they're done with them, then Hasbro will most likely open them up to fan channel. We already had discussion with Hasbro about them several times this year.

In a completely unrelated topic, I bought all the remaining Walmart exclusive Vintage Collection Tie fighters Hasbro had left in stock, provided that we actually get them, their inventory numbers can be off, he's be a great Black Friday doorbuster
I will likely come visit you guys sometime after the plague ends, you seem very friendly. :) Thank you for answering my question without me even contacting you.

Reaction score
Question for the members here:

Have you bought every figure released in this Retro line?

Personally, I have only bought 2, and am searching for a third (Boba Fett).

Reaction score

Yes, well except for Bobasaurus Fett. I've heard rumors at one point in history he did exist.

Reaction score

Bought:

--Princess Leia
--Big Head Han Solo
--Stormtrooper x2
--all of Wave 2

I didn't feel the need to upgrade my loose Luke, Little Head Han, Chewie, and Vader since I have the POTF24-pack versions of them (that are only 25 years old!)

Reaction score

Not quite. I skipped Leia and the Stormtrooper when I had wave one all in hand (why I left the Stormtrooper I'll never fathom). I have all of wave two except Yoda, which I'm still hoping to pick up in store (but may have to resort to eBay for).

Neither of the game sets yet, but now that Escape the Death Star is discounted online I may get GMT.

Reaction score

I've bought Darth Vader, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker from Wave 1 & Yoda and 2 Boba Fetts from Wave 2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ive only bought Boba Fett and had to get him on eBay. I'd like the rest but Walmart in Canada doesn't seem to stock these. As soon as they open up online with Dorkside I'll order a wave 2 set.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Three of almost all. I only have two Tarkins and two Fetts. But I bought FOUR(!) Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Yoda, Lando, Bespin Luke, and Stormtrooper. This series (and its Micro Collection equivalent) is all I've ever wanted them to make.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC

In a completely unrelated topic, I bought all the remaining Walmart exclusive Vintage Collection Tie fighters Hasbro had left in stock, provided that we actually get them, their inventory numbers can be off, it'll be a great Black Friday doorbuster
Whew :whistle: going to have to pick up a handful of those on Black Friday for customs then.

Reaction score
Three of almost all. I only have two Tarkins and two Fetts. But I bought FOUR(!) Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Yoda, Lando, Bespin Luke, and Stormtrooper. This series (and its Micro Collection equivalent) is all I've ever wanted them to make.

This is such a beautiful photo,,, almost seems like it goes back 40 years lol....

Reaction score
I have all of Wave 1, plus Tarkin and Rainbow Vader. From Wave 2, I only have the game with Snowspeeder Luke. I keep debating whether or not to get the ESB figs. I’m close enough to the master set, so I probably should just do it.

Reaction score
Big Lots has the Escape from Death Star game w/ Tarkin for $10 (50% off) if anyone still needs it. Found not in the toy section but in a corner display with other Star Wars knick-knacks.

Dax

Reaction score
One of the best things about the vintage line is the card artwork, and they cover most of it with that damn awful sticker. I know you can peel it off if you're careful but it's a risk I don't want to take.

Oh, and the unforgivable butchery of the Chewie figure plus the terrible distribution is just typical Hasbro. How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

Reaction score
Just like the the VOTC when it came out which eventually turned into TVC, I will buy everything in the retro collection mainly because I never had any as a kid. I played with some when I was very young but its nice to get these now. I have two sets of each wave (one set of wave one on pre order), another Yoda, two more Fetts (non mint cards, looked like hidden stock or returns), and two prototype Vader's. Still need to get a loose Tarkin.

Reaction score
One of the best things about the vintage line is the card artwork, and they cover most of it with that damn awful sticker. I know you can peel it off if you're careful but it's a risk I don't want to take.

Oh, and the unforgivable butchery of the Chewie figure plus the terrible distribution is just typical Hasbro. How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!
The stickers don't really bother me. Granted, I prefer seeing the original cardbacks without the offers. And when I tried to do a "TVC" Boba Fett focus collection I aimed to get the Canadian set before looking for the rest. But when it comes to Hasbro... My issue with them is that they missed their chance to just reboot TVC and call it "The Kenner Collection". With means of both doing a new numbering system and turning these into "chase variants" (as a means of seeing if there is any demand). But since they didn't nothing they do these days surprises me one bit. 😩

Reaction score
I think Retro figs from the Mandalorian is cool idea. I love the show, but am pulling WAYYYYYY back on my collecting. Really doing a Retro focus and the show has a great retro vibe. Despite the age/era difference, the two would meld together to create some amazing toys. So yes — I will definitely be into these figures when they come to pass.

I’d also love to see the Original Trilogy of the Original Trilogy rendered in vintage style versions of their older — yes, sequel — selves... And this could pave the way for that.

I bet this Mandalorian wave hits stores even sooner than we think. The sold-out success of first six figures was long before the show became a huge hit... so plenty of time for these to have secretly been in the works to hit in time for Christmas. Although, Hasbro rarely strikes when the iron is hot. 🤷

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like the Retro Tarkin and Hoth Pilot Luke, I think many old schoolers like myself sort of see the Retro Mando line as a pseudo-continuation of the original vintage Kenner line. I think that's what many of us have really been after since '95? I have all of the original Kenner figures, so the retreads don't really interest me, but anything new in the Retro line is a definite x2 buy for me.

Reaction score
I think Retro figs from the Mandalorian is cool idea. I love the show, but am pulling WAYYYYYY back on my collecting. Really doing a Retro focus and the show has a great retro vibe. Despite the age/era difference, the two would meld together to create some amazing toys. So yes — I will definitely be into these figures when they come to pass.

I’d also love to see the Original Trilogy of the Original Trilogy rendered in vintage style versions of their older — yes, sequel — selves... And this could pave the way for that.

I bet this Mandalorian wave hits stores even sooner than we think. The sold-out success of first six figures was long before the show became a huge hit... so plenty of time for these to have secretly been in the works to hit in time for Christmas. Although, Hasbro rarely strikes when the iron is hot. 🤷
they won’t be out this year.