New Retro Line

Reaction score
Toyark has loose promotional pics.

Reaction score
That Luke looks terrible. Vintage never did those ugly yellow visors did they? They were before my time, but I'm pretty sure they just kept the visor off the helmet like POTF2 did most of the time, which always looks far better than a giant glob of yellow covering the eyes btw. The appeal of the retro line seemed to be to create things as authentic as possible to the Kenner stuff and we're not even 10 figures deep and they've already made a noticeable botch.

Reaction score
The visor looked like it was pushed up into the helmet...and black. At least that's how I always viewed the Vintage X-Wing Pilot. It was about as generic as it can get and definitely didn't seem like a Luke figure.

Reaction score
Well so much for not putting those retro stickers on the cards. I can you Boba fett will be a pain to find. I really hope Hasbro learned their lesson last year.

1582323531829.png

Reaction score
What are the odds that the SDCC retro exclusive will be some random, off the wall crap that most everyone will initially be disappointed about, i.e. prototype Vader.

Reaction score
This Retro collection makes my skin crawl! I got lucky and grew up during the ORIGINAL Star Wars toy era. This crap is an insult. People can pretend all they like but it will never match the magic of the real deal.

Reaction score
This Retro collection makes my skin crawl! I got lucky and grew up during the ORIGINAL Star Wars toy era. This crap is an insult. People can pretend all they like but it will never match the magic of the real deal.
not trying to match the magic. I grew up with the original and there is no way anything can match up with those fun times. To me, this is fun but a different kind of fun.

Reaction score
I think they are great for posing with vintage vehicles or playsets. I have a great display of retro Stormtroopers in my office now.

I think most people fear its going to bring the value of originals down or maybe the concern of repro weapons..not sure why it's an insult.

Even with these I'm still collecting all the original Kenner figures. I grew up with these as well. I look at it as an extension of the line.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I hope these would be everywhere and not for Father’s Day in the men’s section at Target like last year. Man Target really goofed the ANH release. Again I hope Hasbro learned their lession.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not that would guarantee more releases in the TVC line but this retro line is definitely a competitor to the "super articulated" line.

Glad for those who dig this retro line but i'm not investing myself in yet another variant to the modern 3.75" scale. I'm looking for depth and compatibility in my collection, not endless variants in various sizes and shapes of what i already have at home.

Reaction score
I think someone pointed it out already though. UNMADE CHARACTERS!! The original line had few to no weak spots but if I were to identify one ,it would be that a few key players were missing. Hasbro obviously noticed because last year they gave us a great version of the most obvious character missing from the line in Tarkin. I think they need to pepper in more unmade characters. Not too many but key ones. If the line is going to remain a small, sub line, I'd still like to see more that the game pack in. I am, however, thrilled at the Snowspeeder Luke. It cool but cheesy, like it would've been had Kenner done it.

Reaction score
I think they are great for posing with vintage vehicles or playsets. I have a great display of retro Stormtroopers in my office now.

I think most people fear its going to bring the value of originals down or maybe the concern of repro weapons..not sure why it's an insult.

Even with these I'm still collecting all the original Kenner figures. I grew up with these as well. I look at it as an extension of the line.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's exactly where mine are. Every playset or vehicle that needed characters or a pilot now are populated in my displays. Without breaking the bank.

Reaction score
I'd love something like the old Sears exclusive Cloud City Adventure Set.
My focus is the figures. I collected all the originals and have them all loose. I thought I'd give carded collecting a chance this time, especially since its a smaller line and I have room to display them.

Reaction score
I hope there's a second wave of Retro ESB figures with a TIE Fighter Pilot included. I really hope so, especially since a Pilot is included in the second wave of the Black Series ESB 40th figures. If they release that one figure either now or later, I'll give in instantly and collect this Retro line, at least the Imperials. I was initially against this line (not against it existing, just against collecting it as I thought the Tarkin looked kinda wonky); but that may potentially change! TIE pilot or not, surely there will be more ESB Retro figures than the ones announced? I can't see having a full run without a Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver and/or AT-AT Commander. At least one of those must hopefully be in the works!

Reaction score
Not that would guarantee more releases in the TVC line but this retro line is definitely a competitor to the "super articulated" line.

Glad for those who dig this retro line but i'm not investing myself in yet another variant to the modern 3.75" scale. I'm looking for depth and compatibility in my collection, not endless variants in various sizes and shapes of what i already have at home.
I've wondered about that as well, but so long as Retro remains a small subline, it hopefully wont pull resources and new tooling opportunities away from TVC. At the moment, TVC is already having those issues, but that's likely due to GOA draining the tooling budget. Hopefully this is corrected at some point, because TVC or whatever the main 3.75 line is should be the focus.

Reaction score
I've wondered about that as well, but so long as Retro remains a small subline, it hopefully wont pull resources and new tooling opportunities away from TVC. At the moment, TVC is already having those issues, but that's likely due to GOA draining the tooling budget. Hopefully this is corrected at some point, because TVC or whatever the main 3.75 line is should be the focus.
Clearly, Hasbro don't consider TVC to be their main line anymore. Looking at the numbers/references released, TBS 6" is where they put their focus on.

In the mean time, though Retro 3.75" remain very confidential with only a dozen releases in a couple years, Super Articulated 3.75" barely comes ahead with brand new releases.

Yet, as things stand, it's hard to tell if TVC would benefit from less competition such as GOA or Retro. After all if Hasbro keep coming with new (or rehashed) ideas to put on shelves, and whatever the collecting community feels about it, they must be convinced volumes on SA 3.75" are way too small to warrant more investment than they are currently allowing.

Reaction score
I was really (really!!) hoping Hasbro learned the lesson from the first series of retro figures and went with a more open market approch with continued releases. But no. Walmart exclusive for the first ESB set. I know others have had other issues with these, like the stickers or the cardback wear effect. Neither bothered me, and neither had any real changes here in the ESB wave to please others. Except the wear, I saw someone say it isn't uniform on these releases.

I've been on and off with wanting to buy this first batch, but if I can't get them for normal msrp, I won't want to pay a mark-up from online stores. Say what you will, but this first batch is not that exciting or worth more than bottom line cost to me personally.

Reaction score
As bad as Target handled the first batch of these last year I hope Walmart will go better. I mean they got them for Fathers Day and that was it? I am not sure if Target or Hasbro made the decision for each store to get one or two cases. Heck some stores didn’t get any.

Reaction score
Is the ESB retro game supposed to be everywhere? I see its at EE and Dorkside.

Reaction score
Got me Boba, and will get Han and Luke, the others I will wait on...this is a Walmart exclusive, so hopefully its not as hard to find initially as the Target batch from last year...

Reaction score
Just saw the Q&A on Jedi News and looks like the retro collection is on a year to year basis. At least that's what they are saying. I'm just waiting to see if there is one smart itnerviewer that will ask one simple question, which is... what's the deal with doing more unmade characters.