New Retro Line

Reaction score
honest there's so many cool things to do with the retros. I was able to buy a bunch of Pilots for my first edition vehicles like the falcon my landspeeder and Darth Vader's TIE fighter without tying up a bunch of money buying duplicates for my collection. I also think they really need to step it up with the Army builders and offer them as a multi-pack on pulse. I have to admit I'm totally guilty of buying Stormtroopers every time I had seen them. But they look so awesome all around my Death Star and my Millennium Falcon. Don't blame me blame the photographers that designed the original vintage collection boxes... LOL making any sort of variant or exclusive is going to drive people crazy it was hard enough to find these things in the first place because they totally discounted Their audience. Some of us here have to take the blame to because people were *****ing and moaning that they weren't going to buy them. If you wanted to a con exclusive with retros do one of the three packs as a retro throwback but do not make anybody miss out on a figure or make them pay 4 times the price on eBay. I've said it before and I'll say it again there are many toy lines that I just abandoned and sold everything because the exclusive ruined it for me.

Reaction score
Exclusive doesn't have to mean scarce and heavily scalped. Just release enough product. Hasbro isnt benefiting from the Ebay inflated prices. They are only ruining the desire for their products. Again... not to sound like a snively B... I do like a good hunt but not a 16 second- competing with the rest of the world hunt.

Reaction score
i guess they won't do it with the ESB stuff but the Tantive IV rebel soldiers seem like the next obvious thing "missing" from the originals
If I were ranking them in order of significant omissions from the line, I'd say

ANH
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Cantina Band Members
Wedge
Uncle Owen
Ceremonial Luke

ESB
Luke (Dagobah)
General Rieekan
Spirit of Obi Wan

ROTJ
Admiral Piett
Spirit of Yoda

Reaction score

ANH
Rebel Fleet Trooper/Cantina Band Members/Wedge/Uncle Owen/Ceremonial Luke

ESB
Luke (Dagobah)/General Rieekan/Spirit of Obi Wan

ROTJ
Admiral Piett /Spirit of Yoda
I'd go in on all those. And multiple Rebel troopers.

Reaction score

ANH
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Cantina Band Members
Wedge
Uncle Owen
Ceremonial Luke

ESB
Luke (Dagobah)
General Rieekan
Spirit of Obi Wan

ROTJ
Admiral Piett
Spirit of Yoda
I can't justify Uncle Owen without Aunt Beru.

Reaction score
There are a lot of Jabba’s court that I would love to see get the retro treatment. So that weren’t made. Yarna is one as well as some of the human skiff guards.

Reaction score
There was a early stage yarna prototype made back in the potf1 days but I don't think it was fully completed. I highly doubt that yarna would ever be made again because 1) her TLC infamous pegwarming status and 2) the ultra PC environment we live in today. A few years b4 TLC, I acquired a custom based of the prototype as well as the series 2 weeks and droids. A few can be seen below. Not seen are the rest of series 2, a custom of prototype luke jedi robes, and hologram nute gunray that was cancelled.20191214_095249.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ishi Tibb
My all time jabba scene desired fig along w/ slave leia and yarna...in a Sears style palace playset...oh yeah Oola too, how could I have forgotten her? LoL I was a very impressionable 13 yr old boy when ROTJ came out

Last edited:
Reaction score

ANH
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Cantina Band Members
Wedge
Uncle Owen
Ceremonial Luke

ESB
Luke (Dagobah)
General Rieekan
Spirit of Obi Wan

ROTJ
Admiral Piett
Spirit of Yoda
Add to ROTJ list

Slave Leia
Oola

I would love a Slave Leia and even Yarna. Not sure of Hasbro was thinking of completing the wave that Kenner abandoned when the line died but I believe that along with Tarkin, Slave Leia and Yarna were planned. Not sure who else was coming. Yarna could be an exclusive that could come with Oola and or Slave Leia. Ha! I wish.

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
Love this line! Just went and traded and bought to complete the first carded 6 retro figs. I haven’t displayed them yet. I have an opened tarkin displayed with my original Kenner figs. Debating about getting a carded one or just getting all the originals carded and for any unmade characters opening them and putting them in my Kenner display. Here some pics of my display. Originals in first three lines and my modern Luke focus on fourth level.
6075F2A0-5349-4E32-9FA6-71D815CF6396.jpeg6BE344FC-59A7-4032-AB04-5E616E71B759.jpeg5E794064-7C08-49CC-AE94-A849290B7597.jpeg03D72D3A-1547-4E71-BC17-794F5941E20C.jpeg9DC0D2C0-C78E-44D0-BFA2-652DE5B83717.jpeg

Reaction score
Here is my opinion but maybe I’m just bored. Lol.

Since it’s an all time classic toy line, these retro figures should never really bomb and bringing new characters into the line could give it even more legs. But Hasbro could give it a really interesting feel for collectors if it did one or two unmade characters that were NEVER made period. Yes, they would be INTERESTING. For instance, the cantina was poorly represented in the Kenner line but there are some characters that have never been done in the modern lines too.
Danz Borin
Solomahal

They can make them exclusive or part of a set with popular must have characters but do them. Hasbro needs to do something more than just the original line up and sprinkled in unmade characters that we’ve had before.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Arbitrary rule: Can't be SE OT, so Wolfman is fine but Elephant Man is not.

I would like them to stick to the rare original figures as well as the favorites. With regards to new figures, I think some people would freak out and assume that if it came in Retro then we wouldn't see it in VC.

I'd rather have a Retro TvzzZZZZZZititit than none at all, but I would not want a retro one if it meant I wouldn't get a VC one.

Reaction score
Arbitrary rule: Can't be SE OT, so Wolfman is fine but Elephant Man is not.

I would like them to stick to the rare original figures as well as the favorites. With regards to new figures, I think some people would freak out and assume that if it came in Retro then we wouldn't see it in VC.

I'd rather have a Retro TvzzZZZZZZititit than none at all, but I would not want a retro one if it meant I wouldn't get a VC one.
I'm just saying that OT VC seems dead on arrival. I'm willing to bet that there will be less than 5 all new sculpts for OT figures in VT this year. Retro, however, brought in Tarkin. What else could they be thinking about this line other than putting out never before made figures? If the Cantina got as much attention as Jabba's palace, we'd have t least 8 more cantina aliens.

Reaction score
Hasbro would object but the Retro Collection should be for Collectors. These old styled figure should not interest many kids. Therefore, the figures and/or items produced for this line should cater to the collector.

Reaction score
I'm just saying that OT VC seems dead on arrival. I'm willing to bet that there will be less than 5 all new sculpts for OT figures in VT this year. Retro, however, brought in Tarkin. What else could they be thinking about this line other than putting out never before made figures? If the Cantina got as much attention as Jabba's palace, we'd have t least 8 more cantina aliens.
I'm willing to bet Hasbro will go with the safe bet and a few specials sprinkled in.

Reaction score
From a business stand point, Hasbro did a brilliant move packing Tarkin in with the Death Star game. How many pointless games were sold just to get the figure? Hasbro really should stick to unproduced figures for their game pack-ins. Rieeken would be good. Even better would be Piett, or Wedge pilot. How many games would we buy then? 3 or more? If it’s a brown coat Han, I could care less on that. They’d likely sell one game. Unreleased highly desired figure...probably 2 or more.

Reaction score
From a business stand point, Hasbro did a brilliant move packing Tarkin in with the Death Star game. How many pointless games were sold just to get the figure? Hasbro really should stick to unproduced figures for their game pack-ins. Rieeken would be good. Even better would be Piett, or Wedge pilot. How many games would we buy then? 3 or more? If it’s a brown coat Han, I could care less on that. They’d likely sell one game. Unreleased highly desired figure...probably 2 or more.
I agree however, I would t limit unmade characters releases to just the GAME. I selfishly want more but I think that the line needs more to make it stand out and an overall improvement over the original line.

Reaction score
Wow! A Kleb Zellock and the feet of a Series 2 Bondo! I've always really wanted a Series 2 Ewoks Bondo. Well done!

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would be interesting to see Hasbro release vintage figures with correct colors and deco (perhaps not with photo real)? For many years I had wished to see this. I'm sure it's easy enough to pick up some "junker" figures from a flea market or toy show and just do it yourself. I just thought seeing it done officially would make for some interesting pieces. Like for a store or web site exclusive.

Figures like Bespin Han are so close, he just needs black boots and darker brown pants. But then there's the original Han (preferably the small head!), who could have a cream/yellow shirt and blue pants with brown gunbelt.

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would be interesting to see Hasbro release vintage figures with correct colors and deco (perhaps not with photo real)? For many years I had wished to see this. I'm sure it's easy enough to pick up some "junker" figures from a flea market or toy show and just do it yourself. I just thought seeing it done officially would make for some interesting pieces. Like for a store or web site exclusive.

Figures like Bespin Han are so close, he just needs black boots and darker brown pants. But then there's the original Han (preferably the small head!), who could have a cream/yellow shirt and blue pants with brown gunbelt.
I like the idea but then I think it takes away from the nostalgia factor. Of course there would be tons of collectors begin for an exact color replica of the original like what we have seen so far.

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would be interesting to see Hasbro release vintage figures with correct colors and deco (perhaps not with photo real)?
I like the idea but then I think it takes away from the nostalgia factor. Of course there would be tons of collectors begin for an exact color replica of the original like what we have seen so far.
I think this is the type of release that would work well as a store or event exclusive. Unlike an original sculpt, this type of color swap release can be passed on if you wished, and without feeling there's a rather significant whole in your collection.

Reaction score
Aside from the non release of Slave Leia, Oola and Ishi Tibb, I think Kenner did a remarkable job of covering a jabbas palace in the original line. The Cantina, however, was not covered well and understandably so. What 6-8 characters would you pick from the cantina to, in your opinion, round our the cantina nicely?

Reaction score
Aside from the non release of Slave Leia, Oola and Ishi Tibb, I think Kenner did a remarkable job of covering a jabbas palace in the original line. The Cantina, however, was not covered well and understandably so. What 6-8 characters would you pick from the cantina to, in your opinion, round our the cantina nicely?
-Dr. Evazan
-Nebrun Leids
-Duros
-Wuher
-Modal Node
-Tonnika Sisters
-Myo

Reaction score
-Dr. Evazan
-Nebrun Leids
-Duros
-Wuher
-Modal Node
-Tonnika Sisters
-Myo
I'd have to add
Hem Dazon..After all he's the first alien we see in the cantina scenes.
"pipe smoker"..despite my not be p.c. Or " appropriate" for today's standards, but he is a memorable and recognizable cantina patron.
Garindan or as I called him back in the Kenner days.."imperial spy"
Sandtroopers...They did enter cantina
Wiosela (sp?) I know that exceeds 8 but why limit it 8? LoL
"Fly face" aka tvzi..( Or whatever way it's spelled)

Reaction score
I noticed today at Target that the Tarkin/Death Star game set may be part of the Holiday clearance. It had been on sale prior, but now full on clearance. One store had it for $14, another for $10. Not all stores may do it, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My target had them for 9.99, I picked one up so I could have a carded one to go with my loose one. My first game box got something spilled on it , so all around good deal, carded tarkin and new box... I plan on displaying my box with my carded retro collection. Deciding whether to open the box or not, probably will end of opening it, but I like the way it looks sealed as well. It looks weird when you remove the tarkin and it leaves that hole in the box.

JVM

Reaction score
I haven't seen a single one of these in the wild, save the Death Star game, and often find myself half-wondering when they're even coming out, only to remember they came and went. I wanted to pick up a few but if I buy online I feel I may as well buy loose originals.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I haven't seen a single one of these in the wild, save the Death Star game, and often find myself half-wondering when they're even coming out, only to remember they came and went. I wanted to pick up a few but if I buy online I feel I may as well buy loose originals.
Exactly the same with me. Never saw a one, whether by the toy or collectible section.

Reaction score
So where do you guys see this retro line going? I am definitely looking for them to expand the line a little bit but only to do some never before done characters. I do not need vehicles or play sets but I do want a complete line and if I had one dream for the line, I guess I would like to see them release more that 6-8 figures a year.

Reaction score
So where do you guys see this retro line going? I am definitely looking for them to expand the line a little bit but only to do some never before done characters. I do not need vehicles or play sets but I do want a complete line and if I had one dream for the line, I guess I would like to see them release more that 6-8 figures a year.
yeah I want that too. There are a lot of characters that could be done in they style.