New Retro Line

Reaction score
Many people like that Vader as a novelty (I have one), and appreciate its uniqueness. I love mine! But we all must admit it's basically a repack. This line already has a repaint/repack!

Reaction score
Repacks and repaints that aren’t a new character will doom this line just as it has tarnished the modern line. Hasbro needs to keeps this line strong. This line is has lot of options for characters, unlike the modern now which has done nearly everything. They need to keep this line fresh.

Reaction score
I would love to see this see the light of day. Someone made a cool looking box for the 2 seater x-wing. I remember seeing it in the Star Wars galaxy magazine that Topps put out.

0AB78EF3-105B-4ECE-92F8-41AC136BBC21.jpeg

Reaction score
I’m ready for news or even another good rumor for this line, although, because my expectations are so high, I fear I am going to be disappointed with the news. I was thrilled about getting the first wave of retros and I had to convince myself to collect two sets since I already own the original versions. I was be Vern, very disappointed at the lack of indie for the line. I guess Hasbro didn’t have any long terms plans for the Retro at the time of the initial release but now sees it’s potential

Last edited:
Reaction score
Atha Prime from the cancelled Epic Continues line did eventually get made as Imperial Sentential in the Potf2 line.

Reaction score
I’m ok with the figures that they didn’t fully realize and do in the original line like the black R2 unit, the R1, even the Wookie family but I prefer stuff from the movies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
During Toy Fair 2020 in February, I hope that website that are granted Q&As ask a lot of questions about Retro. Has to has kept us in the dark about this line this year and now they know we like it. I’d like to know, at least, their generic plans for unmade figures.

Reaction score
At least one never before made old school character will be in this line but may be a pack in.... and heavy emphasis on the movie that started it all....
@CHEWIE you made posted this comment month ago, before the line came out. Have you heard any new rumors about the new line that you can share?more excited about this mine than anything else now.

Reaction score
Just had this thought hit me....we've been speculating on what fig could be included w/ the hoth game. A snowspeeder pilot or Rieekan were most common guesses. But what if Hasbro wanted to resurrect the brown vs blue coat debate? Hoth Han is rumored for mass release so release classic kenner blue individually but release brown in the game? I guess to be truly kenner style, ie not screen accurate, they could do brown coat but resuplt new head and call it Rieekan, like what I did w/ an extra hoth Han almost 40 years ago. Then when potf2 released that hoth Han, I did buy 1 to open and put into in my vintage display as a Rieekan stand in. So that's 2x a brown coat hoth Han stood in for Rieekan in my collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just had this thought hit me....we've been speculating on what fig could be included w/ the hoth game. A snowspeeder pilot or Rieekan were most common guesses. But what if Hasbro wanted to resurrect the brown vs blue coat debate? Hoth Han is rumored for mass release so release classic kenner blue individually but release brown in the game? I guess to be truly kenner style, ie not screen accurate, they could do brown coat but resuplt new head and call it Rieekan, like what I did w/ an extra hoth Han almost 40 years ago. Then when potf2 released that hoth Han, I did buy 1 to open and put into in my vintage display as a Rieekan stand in. So that's 2x a brown coat hoth Han stood in for Rieekan in my collection.
I don't know how I feel about that. To me, slots are precious these days and I'd like to see as many of the original line re-done as well as as many unmade characters as we can get. Like to the proto vader, I feel like we don't have a lot of time and the slot it filled could've been filled with a figure from the line. For Retro, I'm over gimmicks. I want the original line figures and unmade charcters from OT first and foremost.

Reaction score
^ me too. Just saying "what if..." Given licence extension is still questionable, Hasbro may pump out EZ kitbashes rather than start from scratch.or in this case, 3D scans of existing figs. And a brown coat Han/Rieekan would fall into that category. Snowspeeder pilot could as well, as I posted b4, luke x-wing head & body w/ hoth Han, luke, rebel soldier or commander leg and arms( commander may be better as not as bulky and generally not posed like luke's)

Reaction score
^ me too. Just saying "what if..." Given licence extension is still questionable, Hasbro may pump out EZ kitbashes rather than start from scratch.or in this case, 3D scans of existing figs. And a brown coat Han/Rieekan would fall into that category. Snowspeeder pilot could as well, as I posted b4, luke x-wing head & body w/ hoth Han, luke, rebel soldier or commander leg and arms( commander may be better as not as bulky and generally not posed like luke's)
I just want to see the line fill up faster and with more unmade figures. I personally, at this point prefer to see this line grow rather than all the repacks in the VC line.

Reaction score
There is a thread over at YakFaceForums that mentions the following figures are rumored for Wave 2:
Han Solo (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
Lando Calrissian
Yoda
Boba Fett
Bossk
R2-D2 w/sensor scope
C-3PO w/ removable limbs
Also says two of these figures will be pack-ins with a Hoth game.

Reaction score
If 2 r included then from that list R2 and Han r best bet. Brown coat variant, if they chose to be so daring, may be the incentive for me personally to get it.

Reaction score
If 2 r included then from that list R2 and Han r best bet. Brown coat variant, if they chose to be so daring, may be the incentive for me personally to get it.
Maybe it could be true except its hard to believe they would do Bossk over the Snowtrooper, especially since they are talking about the battle of Hoth. Its an army builder and Hasbro releases a army builder in almost every wave now. I just hope there are two waves this year.

Reaction score
I haven't picked any of these up. How close to the originals are they? Is there any way of telling the accessories apart easily?

Reaction score
If rumoured are true, I will so be down for picking up

Bespin Luke
Boba Fett

:) Heck - Ill prolly acquire the remainder of this wave - 3PO with removable limbs would be great!

Reaction score
Interesting rumors. I guess it means the other 6 from the original 12 are not necessarily on tap for the next wave. I can understand them skipping to TESB stuff for the anniversary, though.

Reaction score
Interesting rumors. I guess it means the other 6 from the original 12 are not necessarily on tap for the next wave. I can understand them skipping to TESB stuff for the anniversary, though.
I wonder if they would skip certain figures and concentrate on main characters and real fan favorites. All I know is that I want to see many more unmade figures.

Reaction score
If they could I would like to see an all black version of the Deathstar droid. Back in the day Kenner messed up and probably should have called the droid the Sandcrawler droid. I think some of the other droids would be difficult to put on a blister card like the mining droid and the tread well to name a few.

Reaction score
If they could I would like to see an all black version of the Deathstar droid. Back in the day Kenner messed up and probably should have called the droid the Sandcrawler droid. I think some of the other droids would be difficult to put on a blister card like the mining droid and the tread well to name a few.
They only messed up naming him technically. He is the droid on the sandcrawler not the death star droid. They probably had a black and white still and said oh there he is again...

Reaction score
I’m anxiously waiting to see what they do with this line in 2020. The line has been, would be and should be a proven hit and with the right mix of new, unmade OT characters, it should exceed expectations.

bac

Reaction score
As previously rumored by Yak Face and now confirmed via Walmart app, we're getting a Hoth board game -- probably with a figure -- and an ESB wave.

Reaction score
There is a thread over at YakFaceForums that mentions the following figures are rumored for Wave 2:
Han Solo (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
Lando Calrissian
Yoda
Boba Fett
Bossk
R2-D2 w/sensor scope
C-3PO w/ removable limbs
Also says two of these figures will be pack-ins with a Hoth game.
Still can’t believe they aren’t doing a Snowtrooper. Many of us saw the figures and even penned the figures before we saw ESB for the first time and were very thrilled to see “the new” stormtrooper.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
That list is intriguing, I do have all of the originals except for the R2 with sensor scope, which would be the one that I would get from the set. Hopefully R2 isn’t one of the ones that comes with the board game...

Reaction score
That list is intriguing, I do have all of the originals except for the R2 with sensor scope, which would be the one that I would get from the set. Hopefully R2 isn’t one of the ones that comes with the board game...
Always seems to be that because that's the one you don't want to come with it means that *is* the one that'll probably come with it.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Haha, you're probably right; the report says the game may come with 2 figures, which unfortunately makes sense for them to be R2 and 3PO. Unless it sticks with the Hoth theme (like the DS game did) and it would be Han and R2 (when R2 searches for the heroes with his sensor scope from Echo Base's entrance). Either way... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Haha, you're probably right; the report says the game may come with 2 figures, which unfortunately makes sense for them to be R2 and 3PO. Unless it sticks with the Hoth theme (like the DS game did) and it would be Han and R2 (when R2 searches for the heroes with his sensor scope from Echo Base's entrance). Either way... :rolleyes:
For the Comic Con exclusive, I just hope there are no more prototype figures. Please get up some unmade figures or figures from the collection. No gimmicks. Please!!

Reaction score
For the Comic Con exclusive, I just hope there are no more prototype figures. Please get up some unmade figures or figures from the collection. No gimmicks. Please!!
I don't know. Probably better to go with something like the proto Vader, because anything else will be just too damn hard to get. And if it's a new sculpt? I think I'd be pissed if is was exclusive to a con. With Hasbro Pulse having sell outs in seconds, the outcry would be thunderous.

Reaction score
^ how about a target style sdcc excl w/ 3 unmade characters? They seemed to have made enough of the luke 3 pack as it is still in stock. Although I can almost see a tvc set w/ The child included going this route

Reaction score
how about no feeding the scalpers, leave the retros out of exclusivity....unless we want the Fett debacle or the Prototype vader thing all over again? I hate exclusives period. alternate cards like maul and Obi wan are ok, but come on.

Reaction score
how about no feeding the scalpers, leave the retros out of exclusivity....unless we want the Fett debacle or the Prototype vader thing all over again? I hate exclusives period. alternate cards like maul and Obi wan are ok, but come on.
I was a little miffed when I missed the 40th black series carded Fett when it was for sale in its 16 second window then got lambasted by the uber woke super collectors on the Yakface forums for the audacity of even wanting to get him. I decided the 40th carded series is off the table because of the BS Hasbro pulled. Like many others who didn't get one only to see tons of them listed for 3x the price on ebay. If they pull this crap again I'll easily be done giving Hasbro money. Dont want to sound like a snively B but cmon... make enough product to go around. If you want to make it a con exclusive, KEEP it a con exclusive so you have to attend to get one.

Reaction score
All in all, I want to feel excited about collecting SW again. The VC doesn't do it for me. Its a drag with the countless repacks and minor repaints. I am a loose completest and VC is a nightmare. This is fresh and with the possibility of unmade characters in this style is a gold mine. I hope Hasbro won't blow this.