ANH:

Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony
Princess Leia - Yavin Ceremony
Imperial Sandtrooper
Admiral Motti
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Wedge Antilles - X-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter - X-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter - Academy Uniform (Deleted Scene)
Imperial Naval Trooper
R5-D4

ESB:

Luke Skywalker - Hoth (more details with correct accessories - blaster and lightsaber)
Han Solo in Carbonite (would look awesome on an ESB card and use the Carbonite block from Boba Fett Slave 1)
Princess Leia - Bespin Escape
Yoda (could have a chase variant of the orange/brown snake)
Luke Skywalker - Dagobah Training (with backpack - similar to recent Target Cave of Evil Luke but vintage articulation)

ROTJ:

Luke Skywalker - Death Star Duel
Princess Leia - Ewok Celebration
R2-D2 (pop up lightsaber)
Yak Face
Lando Calrissian - General Uniform
Sounds good and I know everyone has their own personal favorites but I'd like for them to keep it simple. I wouldn't update the current representation of the figures (existing sculpts or paint jobs) because to me, that takes some of the nostalgia away. It makes it a totally different figure from what we knew as kids. I would instead prefer to see new never before done characters in the line. I hope Hasbro is looking at this line as they feel the line would've been viewed in the 70's and 80's (in terms of how they would improve a figures) and the aesthetics and old feel of the figures stay the same.

Reaction score
Sounds good and I know everyone has their own personal favorites but I'd like for them to keep it simple. I wouldn't update the current representation of the figures (existing sculpts or paint jobs) because to me, that takes some of the nostalgia away. It makes it a totally different figure from what we knew as kids. I would instead prefer to see new never before done characters in the line. I hope Hasbro is looking at this line as they feel the line would've been viewed in the 70's and 80's (in terms of how they would improve a figures) and the aesthetics and old feel of the figures stay the same.
I agree with everything you said. I'd like to see new figures in the line (similar to how we got a Tarkin figure in the Death Star Game) and the somewhat "new figures" would really be slight retools ie Wedge and Biggs in X-Wing gear are really repainted Luke X-Wing gear (added mustache for Biggs) while Yavin Luke could be an actual kitbash of the Bespin Han body repainted with a Bespin Luke head. Leia would be an all new figure, Admiral Motti could be a kitbash of the Imperial Commander figure with a new headsculpt (just like the Tarkin figure) Death Star Duel Luke could be the POTF Endor Luke with a new headsculpt and new hand sculpt, and Dagobah Luke could be a kitbash as well (AT-ST driver body, Luke Bespin Head and new arms sculpts. Ewok Leia would be an all new figure and I'd be curious to see what Kenner would have done at the time. I've seen people use the Marion Ravenwood body and headsculpt for Ewok Dress Leia and add some softgoods for the dress itself and it's looks amazing.

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. I'd like to see new figures in the line (similar to how we got a Tarkin figure in the Death Star Game) and the somewhat "new figures" would really be slight retools ie Wedge and Biggs in X-Wing gear are really repainted Luke X-Wing gear (added mustache for Biggs) while Yavin Luke could be an actual kitbash of the Bespin Han body repainted with a Bespin Luke head. Leia would be an all new figure, Admiral Motti could be a kitbash of the Imperial Commander figure with a new headsculpt (just like the Tarkin figure) Death Star Duel Luke could be the POTF Endor Luke with a new headsculpt and new hand sculpt, and Dagobah Luke could be a kitbash as well (AT-ST driver body, Luke Bespin Head and new arms sculpts. Ewok Leia would be an all new figure and I'd be curious to see what Kenner would have done at the time. I've seen people use the Marion Ravenwood body and headsculpt for Ewok Dress Leia and add some softgoods for the dress itself and it's looks amazing.
Yes! That's what I mean. The key is to keep that late 70'/80's aesthetic and create the figures like Kenner would've done back in those days.

Reaction score
Would anyone be mad if they stopped TVC and went 100% Retro? It would be interesting to see a true demographic of who is really buying these toys. They could focus on Retro and GOA(scale) and The Black Series.

Depending on wall real estate, I would thin my TVC collection for space to display Retro. That's just me though.

Reaction score
Would anyone be mad if they stopped TVC and went 100% Retro? It would be interesting to see a true demographic of who is really buying these toys. They could focus on Retro and GOA(scale) and The Black Series.

Depending on wall real estate, I would thin my TVC collection for space to display Retro. That's just me though.
I would honestly quit buying Hasbro Star Wars toys if they did that.

Reaction score
I've come to like the Retro line, but without TVC or new figs, I'd also essentially quit. It would be "customs only" from here on out.

Reaction score
I have like zero interest in TVC and only collect vintage, but jumped on the Tarkin and ProtoVader retros.

I would love more un-made OT characters in htis style, like Yavin Luke and Rebel Troopers etc., but also would love the ST figures done in this style. TVC just don't have the same retro camp vibe of the vintage stuff for me.

Reaction score
Retro is cool, but niche - I don't think it can sustain the thousands of 3.75 collectors that want realistically sculpted movie figures. Kenner aesthetics aren't what most would describe as realistic, they are intentionally "soft" when it comes to sculpt detail, deco, and articulation. Were TVC to be dropped, I think many would quit the hobby, and not bother with Retro. Its a good exclusive, to supplement the scale, but I cant see it ever being a main line or the only 3.75 offering.

Reaction score
I like all 3 75" lines.. personally for me, I'd want Hasbro to ditch the current 5" GOA line and bring back the 5 POA line. The Retro line could be a niche internet type line... keep the VC Collection and bring back the 5 POA line.

Reaction score
I like all 3 75" lines.. personally for me, I'd want Hasbro to ditch the current 5" GOA line and bring back the 5 POA line. The Retro line could be a niche internet type line... keep the VC Collection and bring back the 5 POA line.
Same here, and while I'd like the basic 5 POA line to return, I'm not sure that's going to happen, unless GOA fails hardcore and Hasbro gets chewed out for mismanagement. At least with TVC and Retro we'll still have some variety, assuming they have decent plans for Retro, though they refuse to give specifics, its all but confirmed to be going forward next year.

Reaction score
I wonder how Hasbro is going to release 6 or 7 figures without keeping a top 4 character in the wave (Vader, Luke Leia , Han). Maybe it just won't matter but releasing Ben, tusken Raider, Deathsquad Commander, 3PO and R2 and a Jawa may seem boring to some; even if they were to release and Sandtrooper or a Rebel Fleet trooper with it.

Reaction score
I would like to see a Vader with a removable Helmet vintage style. I don’t know if any other outfits that Kenner skipped on for Luke and Leia(aside from the Jabba’s Prisoner Leia) from back in the day. They could do a Han Stormtrooper. The guy that made the custom of that figure did a great job.

Reaction score
I would like to see a Vader with a removable Helmet vintage style. I don’t know if any other outfits that Kenner skipped on for Luke and Leia(aside from the Jabba’s Prisoner Leia) from back in the day. They could do a Han Stormtrooper. The guy that made the custom of that figure did a great job.
I can see that. I want to see Jedi Training Luke, Bith Musician too.

Reaction score
Would anyone be mad if they stopped TVC and went 100% Retro?
Yes, quite mad. I'm not interested in retro at all - that might have flown in 1995, when there was no realistic alternative yet, but not any more. I am only collecting modern figures at this point, and have no intent to go back to 1978 aesthetics.

I might have bought a Tarkin to supplement my original figures, but as they chose to sell him only with some useless overpriced game included, I dropped the idea altogether.

Reaction score
When retro was 1st announced, i admit a thought did come to mind...what if this was to serve as an into to 3.75" line for TROS even if it meant phasing out sa TVC since retail is apparently not sold on TVC pre TFF

Reaction score
Yes, quite mad. I'm not interested in retro at all - that might have flown in 1995, when there was no realistic alternative yet, but not any more. I am only collecting modern figures at this point, and have no intent to go back to 1978 aesthetics.

I might have bought a Tarkin to supplement my original figures, but as they chose to sell him only with some useless overpriced game included, I dropped the idea altogether.
I wouldn't be happy either but I am currently very bored with VC because of the focus on new media. Yes, I get it and it makes since to focus on the new media but I am not feeling the OT being relegated to primarily repaints, kit bashes and re-sculpts and non new never before done characters.

Reaction score
I wonder how Hasbro is going to release 6 or 7 figures without keeping a top 4 character in the wave (Vader, Luke Leia , Han). Maybe it just won't matter but releasing Ben, tusken Raider, Deathsquad Commander, 3PO and R2 and a Jawa may seem boring to some; even if they were to release and Sandtrooper or a Rebel Fleet trooper with it.
That would be an awesome wave if it included the RFT! I'd prefer those 7 figures to the 7 that we got in the 1st wave plus the Tarkin.

Reaction score
I am fairly certain the next wave will be Esb figures, with a Luke, Han and Lando,Yoda and the droids. With sensorscope and removable limbs. Fett and a Snowtrooper maybe as the villains?

Reaction score
I am fairly certain the next wave will be Esb figures, with a Luke, Han and Lando,Yoda and the droids. With sensorscope and removable limbs. Fett and a Snowtrooper maybe as the villains?
So you are probably pointing to Bespin Luke and Bespin Han then, since the Hoth Luke and Hoth Han are scene specific. See, I believe that they almost need to start cranking out two waves a year at least. Someone also mentioned the Old vintage ESB board game with Dagobah Luke in the cover with Yoda. It think that would be a no brainer. There is a core figure and an all new, never before done version of a character in the line.

I’m really thinking that that almost have to do two waves this year. There is no new media aside from CW after Feb and none certainly by June. A spring wave and a call wave would be nice plus hopefully the larger wave answer, that was given related to VC, will apply to retro.

Reaction score
And if this line grows to the original 92 and beyond, I hope we get a new version of Kim Simmons’ classic collect them all poster.

Reaction score
So you are probably pointing to Bespin Luke and Bespin Han then, since the Hoth Luke and Hoth Han are scene specific. See, I believe that they almost need to start cranking out two waves a year at least. Someone also mentioned the Old vintage ESB board game with Dagobah Luke in the cover with Yoda. It think that would be a no brainer. There is a core figure and an all new, never before done version of a character in the line.

I’m really thinking that that almost have to do two waves this year. There is no new media aside from CW after Feb and none certainly by June. A spring wave and a call wave would be nice plus hopefully the larger wave answer, that was given related to VC, will apply to retro.
I remember someone saying Han is hoth and Luke is bespin. Though i prefer all bespin. I hope they do a carry case with the trays instead of a board game again. If i could get 1 new never before done character though it would be a proper Dagobah Luke.

Reaction score
Han is the Hoth Han. The ESB wave is rumored to cover all the parts of the film. From Hoth to Daghobah to Bespin. I expect the photos to show up at NY You Fair in February for the 40th anniversary. I would choose retro over TVC

Reaction score
I really hope that during toy fair, we get some real idea of the direction of this line. I know it was really successful. I pray that they expand it this year.

Reaction score
ESB is fine. It almost everyone's favorite SW movie but I think its safe to say that its represented very well in the vintage line and the modern line too. I can't see many new figures choices. Sure, we can pick obscure characters but Kenner gets an A from me with their choices. If i had to pick, I say:

Luke (Jedi training)
Captain Needa
Spirit of Obi-Wan
General Rieekan

Reaction score
I wish we could get the Boba Fett that was pictured on the back of the 20 back card.

With how popular the Mandalorian series is, you'd think something like this would be a given, as it would bring those fans and the OT crowd. Hopefully Retro gets more creative next year, as I'd love to see unreleased figures, concepts, and unmade characters.

Reaction score
Who knows, we could see a mando on the show that looks like that and we end up w/ a TVC version. But yeah, a retro version would be pretty sweet.

Reaction score
I think there is someone online selling custom vintage style Mando figures and yes, they look cool but adding ST, PT and EU to the retro line to me will hurt more than help the line, in terms of us getting all 92 plus never before made characters, IMO. There are people who loathe the PT. Most loathe the ST, including myself (lol) and I think it takes some of the novelty out of the OT figures being done retro style. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
I think there is someone online selling custom vintage style Mando figures and yes, they look cool but adding ST, PT and EU to the retro line to me will hurt more than help the line, in terms of us getting all 92 plus never before made characters, IMO. There are people who loathe the PT. Most loathe the ST, including myself (lol) and I think it takes some of the novelty out of the OT figures being done retro style. Just my opinion.
yeah I would just stick with the OT for the Retro line.After the Tarkin figure the sky’s the limit. I am a fan of the different R2 and R5 units. I would love to see some Astromechs that were never made.

Reaction score
New Retro Collection rumour from Yakface. Sounds like a Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game is coming. Sounds neat. It will probably come with a figure but that's not a definite. I think it sounds pretty cool. No pun intended... ok it was absolutely intended.

Reaction score
New Retro Collection rumour from Yakface. Sounds like a Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Game is coming. Sounds neat. It will probably come with a figure but that's not a definite. I think it sounds pretty cool. No pun intended... ok it was absolutely intended.

Wow! Ok, think. What figure could they add that hasn't already been done? Please don't do some Vader with snow deco. I'm thinking, if they are following the same format as the death star game, it could be a General Rieekan, but that is a tough one. I just don't know. Wow!

Reaction score
Wow! Ok, think. What figure could they add that hasn't already been done? Please don't do some Vader with snow deco. I'm thinking, if they are following the same format as the death star game, it could be a General Rieekan, but that is a tough one. I just don't know. Wow!
Snowspeeder Luke? Dack?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please NO Darth Vader with snow deco. Snowspeeder Luke maybe (I personally hope not but I won't be totally upset). I'd be surprised about a Dack though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I can kind of see Snowspeeder Luke or Wedge being included with the game but I would feel cheated if we received an x-wing pilot or even snowspeeder pilot as the lone, never before made (in the line) character.

Reaction score
I think I might say Wedge before Snowspeeder Luke but I hope I am wrong on both fronts... Hasbro, just make more unmade figures.