New Retro Line

Reaction score
I would love to see them do a vinyl carry case. A repro of the iconic original that they could then update for each film! I would buy A LOT of these.

Here are my top fantasy picks for 100% ALL NEW retro Kenner vintage figures.

ANH
Garindan
Sandtrooper
CZ Droid
Bith Cantina Band Member
Nabrun Leids
Dr Evazan
Princess Leia (Yavin Ceremony)

ESB
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
Obi-wan Kenobi (Spirit of)

ROTJ
Princess Leia (Jabba’s Prisoner)
Mom Mothma
Oola

TFA
General Leia (Resistance Fatigues)
Han Solo (Smuggler Fatigues)
Finn (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Poe (Jakku Fatigues with BB-8)

TLJ
Kylo Ren (with removable Helmet)
General Leia (Blue Robes)
Luke Skywalker (Exile Robes)
Captain Phasma

Last edited:
Reaction score
Only originals for me. My fantasy wishes are:

ANH
Sandtrooper
Bith Cantina Band Member
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Luke (Yavin Ceremony)
Owen Lars
Beru Lars

ESB
Luke (Dagobah Tank Top)
Spirit of Obi Wan
General Riekaan

ROTJ
Oola

Reaction score
Sithlord did a few customs that fill my biggest voids...Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, Sandtrooper,Wedge and Biggs,captain Antilles and more. Between those and my customs i am missing a few key guys, like Dr Evezan, and a rebel fleet trooper.

Reaction score
Vinyl figure cases are definitely high up on my list. I've been wanting Hasbro to make figure cases for years. We got what, a repaint of the Threepio case and the Falcon case way back in the POTF2 days and that's it? Just a basic suitcase style case is all I want.

Reaction score
I think the closest are the vinyl vases from Super7.

Vinyl figure cases are definitely high up on my list. I've been wanting Hasbro to make figure cases for years. We got what, a repaint of the Threepio case and the Falcon case way back in the POTF2 days and that's it? Just a basic suitcase style case is all I want.

Reaction score
Only originals for me. My fantasy wishes are:

ANH
Sandtrooper
Bith Cantina Band Member
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Luke (Yavin Ceremony)
Owen Lars
Beru Lars

ESB
Luke (Dagobah Tank Top)
Spirit of Obi Wan
General Riekaan

ROTJ
Oola
Good list, but I'd add Mon Mothma and Wedge ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a figure :D ) also, there's no way in today's PC world they'll ever do a slave Leia.

I think they are really going to drag this line out for as long as they can to keep us interested in Hasbro's other releases, its already worked on me, having no interest in modern the retro line made me aware of the TFF releases and I bought a Skiff, something I wouldn't had known existed had it not been for the retro line. I guess you can see the Retro line as a gateway drug :D

Looking at the back of a 92 back, there are probably 40 figures that would be highly sought after, and maybe they do 15 new figures and a couple of vehicles ? So, if they release 6 figures each wave and 2 waves a year they'll drag us along for about 8 years :/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good list, but I'd add Mon Mothma and Wedge ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a figure :D ) also, there's no way in today's PC world they'll ever do a slave Leia.

I think they are really going to drag this line out for as long as they can to keep us interested in Hasbro's other releases, its already worked on me, having no interest in modern the retro line made me aware of the TFF releases and I bought a Skiff, something I wouldn't had known existed had it not been for the retro line. I guess you can see the Retro line as a gateway drug :D

Looking at the back of a 92 back, there are probably 40 figures that would be highly sought after, and maybe they do 15 new figures and a couple of vehicles ? So, if they release 6 figures each wave and 2 waves a year they'll drag us along for about 8 years :/
Amen brother.

Reaction score
There was the Vader case released around ROTS
The vader and 3p0 cases are garbage. There i said it. They do not protect your figures nearly as well as the ones with trays. The weapons fall out because the locker is too small.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the closest are the vinyl vases from Super7.
I wouldn't mind having one of those, but too costly. On ebay I've only came across Alien and general ReAction one that included red hologram Hellboy that may been a sdcc excl a couple years back. Looking at trys, they do look like recast of old Kenner cases. I just don't get why Hasbro never redid these. Itd be great for collectors and kids alike to keep figs organized. Heck, parents would like it to in th at regards lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought a set to give to the kids for xmas but have since read reviews that these figures don't hold their weapons ?
Any one have their figures loose and can confirm or deny ?
If true, its really REALLY poor from Hasbro!

Reaction score
I bought a set to give to the kids for xmas but have since read reviews that these figures don't hold their weapons ?
Any one have their figures loose and can confirm or deny ?
If true, its really REALLY poor from Hasbro!
Yes it's all true han is missing part of the thumb, and weapons are a tad smaller. Yet they hold vintage weapons just fine.

Reaction score
A new Q&A on the front page pretty much confirms the continuation of Retro, for those in doubt - based on their wording, I'd expect to see more basic figures, and perhaps another figure/game combo - but no vehicles (at least for now).

Q: Will the Retro Collection expand to vehicles?

A: Steve Gilbert – In terms of the retro collection, we saw great success in that with the figures we launched and with the inclusion of the game, being able to include the figure in the game. We saw the success of that so we’re looking to build on that in the future, right now there are no plans for vehicles but it would be a great direction to take it, and we’re taking that back to the team.

Reaction score
Yes it's all true han is missing part of the thumb, and weapons are a tad smaller. Yet they hold vintage weapons just fine.
I've gotten every figure except Han to hold their weapon. I think the only thing I can do for Han is to use a small dot of poster putty on the blaster.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having one of those, but too costly. On ebay I've only came across Alien and general ReAction one that included red hologram Hellboy that may been a sdcc excl a couple years back. Looking at trys, they do look like recast of old Kenner cases. I just don't get why Hasbro never redid these. Itd be great for collectors and kids alike to keep figs organized. Heck, parents would like it to in th at regards lol
During POTF2 half the figures were too bulky to find in those old cases.

Reaction score
More excited about the Retro line then the very stale VC line, even with the new movies. I'm really hoping that Hasbro does more never before done characters in this next wave. In fact, I think they should do a spring wave and a fall wave to crank out more. I believe that fewer and fewer people are going to buy those poor VC choices.

Reaction score
More excited about the Retro line then the very stale VC line, even with the new movies. I'm really hoping that Hasbro does more never before done characters in this next wave. In fact, I think they should do a spring wave and a fall wave to crank out more. I believe that fewer and fewer people are going to buy those poor VC choices.
At $13 per figure, TVC is a very poor value at retail. Just walk through any toy aisle and look at all the other stuff you can buy for $13 and TVC feels like a rip off. Especially since you can just spend an extra 5 bucks and get a more detailed 6" Star Wars figure.

I can only speak for my personal interests, but I think that making a 5POA line with new characters and a vintage Kenner aesthetic is the way to go for the 3.75" line.

Reaction score
I'm all in on the Retro Collection. It's the figures that comprised some of my first memories. Not concerned what it does to the real vintage values because its comparing apples to oranges. It's like saying a Picasso reproduction print would devalue an original. Not true. Those who want vintage will still buy vintage.

Reaction score
At $13 per figure, TVC is a very poor value at retail. Just walk through any toy aisle and look at all the other stuff you can buy for $13 and TVC feels like a rip off. Especially since you can just spend an extra 5 bucks and get a more detailed 6" Star Wars figure.

I can only speak for my personal interests, but I think that making a 5POA line with new characters and a vintage Kenner aesthetic is the way to go for the 3.75" line.
With the recent price increase, TBS 6 inch is now almost $10 more than TVC. I do agree that $13 is a bit too much for TVC, but I don't think Retro is a better value at $10. I feel the price increases are going to push consumers away from all their offerings. Many people didnt have a problem with $10 for the first wave, because it was all core characters, but if Hasbro gets into small figures, or Kenner commons that are flooding the secondary market, I'm not sure they'll do as well at $10. I honestly think Retro should be priced under the MSRP of the previous 5 POA basic line, and should cost $6-7, considering they cost Hasbro very little to produce compared to TVC. Likewise, I'm not sure the Kenner aesthetic would work on all the new characters, from the ST for example, as there are consumers that have no nostalgia for Kenner sculpts as we do. I honestly think they should stick to the OT, as that will likely draw the most sales for Retro.

Reaction score
I believe we will be able to tell how serious Hasbro is about this line this year when they reveal the next wave. I really hope to increase the number of never before done characters in this line.

Reaction score
I believe we will be able to tell how serious Hasbro is about this line this year when they reveal the next wave. I really hope to increase the number of never before done characters in this line.
AFAIK there hasn't been any word on Hasbro retaining the Disney licenses yet. I feel that until that is done and over we won't see any huge push for newly created products in any line that doesn't have a current media tie-in. We may (and I hope I'm wrong) have to wait until 2021 to really see a larger expansion of the Retro line.

I'm not sure the Kenner aesthetic would work on all the new characters, from the ST for example, as there are consumers that have no nostalgia for Kenner sculpts as we do. I honestly think they should stick to the OT, as that will likely draw the most sales for Retro.
If done right, I think having some characters outside the OT could work. I don't know for sure that Hasbro could walk that fine line or not. History says probably not. But select characters thrown in might sell pretty well. I would agree with some includes names on other's lists, I'd rather see figures the likes of Wedge, Rebel Fleet Trooper, or any of the named OT Imperial officers come first.

Reaction score
Some characters from new media might work, like the Mandalorian for example, I could see a Retro figure of him doing well, but an ST character such as Rey with a dull 70s/80s likeness? I'm not sure many would jump at that. I think the ST characters would have to appeal to a wider range of consumers, and I'm not sure new collectors, kids, gift givers, etc would be into that - especially if they never collected Kenner.

Reaction score
Does anyone consider the retro vintage rocket boba fett as part of the retro collection?

Reaction score
They already did as a mail away figure a few years ago
Oh yeah but this time they could do the early prototype/and or alternate movie paint job on the classic figure. It just occurred to me this would be the one they put in a game knowing everyone would want it.

Reaction score
I don't think I'd buy any retro PT or ST figures. Just recreations of original Kenner figures or new figures but only from OT films. Just to fill in any gaps Kenner missed.

My wishlist. I'll try to go with Kenner style names. Sorry Momaw, you will always be Hammerhead to me.
ANH:
Owen
Beru
Sandtrooper
Imperial Spy
Rebel Trooper
Cantina Bandmember
Pig Face - OK, I can't think what Kenner would call Evazen.
Han Stormtrooper

ESB:
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Training Gear (tank top Luke)
Leia Bespin Escape

Kenner covered ESB really well. Can't think of major gaps. Would have to get really obscure.

ROTJ
Mon Mothma
Oola
Vader with removable helmet
Leia - Jabba's Prisoner (although this is questionable they would OK this)
Wedge - with removable X-Wing helmet. Helps set him apart form Luke

Again, Kenner covered ROTJ pretty well. Can't think of any gaps without 2 second wonders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
we did get a box carrying case back in 1996. Though I never saw it. Super7 has made a lot of vinyl cases for the Reaction line. Wish Hasbro can do the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My hopes for the Retro Line:

-I hope they do not follow the original line's release pattern and jump around the line.
-I hope they do 4-5 never before done characters each year.
-I hope they stay away from vehicles and play-sets (unless they are cardboard) and concentrate on figures.
-I hope they release ultra rare figures from the vintage line i.e. vinyl caped Jawa, Blue Snaggletooth.

Reaction score
I would get any and everything they made for this line. Taun taun, wampa, vehicles, playests... bring it on! Nothing is too sacred for the almighty dollar. If they can cash in they will.

Reaction score
Was Hasbro ever asked if their intentions with this line were to first release the original 12 and then see from their or have they never answered that question? I guess with all of the rumors swirling around I had assumed there was a wave 2 planned for this fall.

Reaction score
Cantina Band members would be nice, hopefully in a set because judging by how hard it was to get the first wave, it would be next to impossible to get 5-6 of them.

Reaction score
If they decided to re-do the entire vintage line, I do have questions though. Like, if they wold skip the original revision of R2 and 3PO for the Scenorscope and removable limbs versions. I'm more excited about the possibilities of this line then the screwed up VC collection.

Reaction score
here's my dream list for the Hasbro "Retro Line"

ANH:

Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony
Princess Leia - Yavin Ceremony
Imperial Sandtrooper
Admiral Motti
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Wedge Antilles - X-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter - X-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter - Academy Uniform (Deleted Scene)
Imperial Naval Trooper
R5-D4

ESB:

Luke Skywalker - Hoth (more details with correct accessories - blaster and lightsaber)
Han Solo in Carbonite (would look awesome on an ESB card and use the Carbonite block from Boba Fett Slave 1)
Princess Leia - Bespin Escape
Yoda (could have a chase variant of the orange/brown snake)
Luke Skywalker - Dagobah Training (with backpack - similar to recent Target Cave of Evil Luke but vintage articulation)

ROTJ:

Luke Skywalker - Death Star Duel
Princess Leia - Ewok Celebration
R2-D2 (pop up lightsaber)
Yak Face
Lando Calrissian - General Uniform