New Retro Line

Reaction score
The Bantha is very impressive as well. I still find it funny that Kenner made the Dewback which only had like a few seconds of screen time. The Bantha had more screen time and no toy was ever made of it.

Not all that expensive for customs...the new 13 for 300 completely reasonable. Finally wedge and biggs vintage style.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a coupon code (Bossksbounty) too. Saved me 33 bucks. Im looking forward to these more than Force Friday...oh and I'm buying them loose. All 13 baby in one shot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Bantha is very impressive as well. I still find it funny that Kenner made the Dewback which only had like a few seconds of screen time. The Bantha had more screen time and no toy was ever made of it.
The bantha is overpriced in my opinion. $100 i can see but over double that? I'll save another 50 bucks and get an A wing....

Reaction score
Oh for those that don't know Smithlord are doing 13 all new figures...well 12 and Han Stormtrooper... These technically arent repros so this is what they should have been doing all along...
Uncle owen
Aunt Beru
Wedge
Biggs
Hologram Leia
Spacer cantina patron
Han Stormtrooper
Captain antilles
Sandtrooper
Y wing pilot
Admiral Motti
R4-M9.
There is a 13th bonus figure too that is unannounced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With the Retro line out there, surely there is potential to see Hasbro producing some of these. If they are mass producing them, they may also receive a C & D letter from Hasbro's legal department. The character selection personally doesn't interest me, but I do like the holo Leia, I'd purchase that if Hasbro decided to do one - I'd want a hooded cloak though.

Reaction score
The retro line is very nice and I think most people are excited about collecting them again however, I am certain that most of us are even more interested in the never before produced retro figures. Tarkin was very, very nice. I think Hasbro needs to do 2 never before produced retro figures for every wave of 5-6 regular retro figures. There needs to be more excitement than just collecting the 35-40 year old figures.

Reaction score
The retro line is very nice and I think most people are excited about collecting them again however, I am certain that most of us are even more interested in the never before produced retro figures. Tarkin was very, very nice. I think Hasbro needs to do 2 never before produced retro figures for every wave of 5-6 regular retro figures. There needs to be more excitement than just collecting the 35-40 year old figures.
I agree but I'm kind of ticked at hasbro. Put your foot on the gas with things that sell and we want rather than introduce a new scale. I do customs and at least 3 of these are on my list.

Reaction score
Here is my completed line up. I have added 1 figure that came out a few years ago that makes a good retro line addition. Stormie Luke :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh for those that don't know Smithlord are doing 13 all new figures...well 12 and Han Stormtrooper... These technically arent repros so this is what they should have been doing all along...
Uncle owen
Aunt Beru
Wedge
Biggs
Hologram Leia
Spacer cantina patron
Han Stormtrooper
Captain antilles
Sandtrooper
Y wing pilot
Admiral Motti
R4-M9.
There is a 13th bonus figure too that is unannounced.
Those fans strikes back figures look great! They are really putting Hasbro to shame. This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for from the retro collection but it looks like fans strike back have beaten Hasbro to it. They are also making glow in the dark light sabers :D

Having said that, I won't be giving the fans strike back a cent of my money while they continue selling reproduction weapons that pass the float and bounce test. I have no problem with repro weapons that are easily distinguishable from vintage but I see no reason why they are making repos that bounce and float like vintage. If you have a collection with repro weapons surely you don't care if they float or not ?

Sorry, got into a bit of a rant there :/

Reaction score
While many of these retro customs are cool looking, can we relegate posts about them into a separate Customs thread?
I also dont understand the constant "advertising" of Tunghori's loose figures on eBay throughout this forum. The guy is either a dumpster diver or a thief who works in the Hasbro factory. Don't support his flooding the market with loose rejects/stolen goods. I dislike Hasbro, they are rife with problems, but you're not helping the company improve when you buy these non-retail products. Okay, bring on the haters, Ive been biting my tongue on this matter for many years.

Reaction score
Ehhh... if you don't like them, don't buy them. My opinion anyway and you know what they say about opinions lol. At the end of the day it really doesn't affect anyone but them and the people who do want them.

Reaction score
While many of these retro customs are cool looking, can we relegate posts about them into a separate Customs thread?
I also dont understand the constant "advertising" of Tunghori's loose figures on eBay throughout this forum. The guy is either a dumpster diver or a thief who works in the Hasbro factory. Don't support his flooding the market with loose rejects/stolen goods. I dislike Hasbro, they are rife with problems, but you're not helping the company improve when you buy these non-retail products. Okay, bring on the haters, Ive been biting my tongue on this matter for many years.
If Hasbro put them on the shelf where people could get them, he would have no business.

Reaction score
Those fans strikes back figures look great! They are really putting Hasbro to shame. This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for from the retro collection but it looks like fans strike back have beaten Hasbro to it. They are also making glow in the dark light sabers :D

Having said that, I won't be giving the fans strike back a cent of my money while they continue selling reproduction weapons that pass the float and bounce test. I have no problem with repro weapons that are easily distinguishable from vintage but I see no reason why they are making repos that bounce and float like vintage. If you have a collection with repro weapons surely you don't care if they float or not ?

Sorry, got into a bit of a rant there :/
I agree about the Repro crap. mark the weapons clearly with an S on the handles, (carved not raised) and the matter would be settled for me. all new figures on the other hand, should come with all new weapons (even in a different color if it's an existing weapon))

Reaction score
Nice, video. Very cool.

Okay, I have a REAL beef with this retro line. I. WANT. MORE. AND. I. WANT. IT. NOW. Please hurry up with wave 2, and wave 3, 4, 5, 6! Hasbro. Please. Please! PLEASE!!!

Reaction score
Nice, video. Very cool.

Okay, I have a REAL beef with this retro line. I. WANT. MORE. AND. I. WANT. IT. NOW. Please hurry up with wave 2, and wave 3, 4, 5, 6! Hasbro. Please. Please! PLEASE!!!
Me too! I am ready but I have to say that the remaining 6 from wave 1 of the original line will be kind of boring UNLESS Hasbro does 3-5 never before done characters in the retro line.

Reaction score
Me too! I am ready but I have to say that the remaining 6 from wave 1 of the original line will be kind of boring UNLESS Hasbro does 3-5 never before done characters in the retro line.
I respectfully disagree. I can’t wait for the other 6 from the original 12 figures. The Tusken Raider is my favorite, and when I was a kid the Droids were my first 2 figures. I must have been in touch with my inner raccoon and was fascinated by shiny things.

Reaction score
Unfortunately i don't think we will see all of them. When they started selling updated droids the old ones were phased out. Look forward to the originals to being sdcc exclusives in a box set. Sater saving your pennies now....
Another thing we may see are vehicles....

Reaction score
These are back for preorder individually over at EE for a January delivery. $11.99 each. It looks like the $63.99 set is already pre-sold out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. I can’t wait for the other 6 from the original 12 figures. The Tusken Raider is my favorite, and when I was a kid the Droids were my first 2 figures. I must have been in touch with my inner raccoon and was fascinated by shiny things.
I could live with the next 6 but the clincher for me is the never before done figures. Give me 3-5 of those and I’m good with whatever rereleases.

Reaction score
Nice, video. Very cool.

Thanks! I just thought about how many probably didn't know about the 1995 retro release and nobody had done a video comparing. I am glad you liked it!

Reaction score
Vehicles would be great! I can’t imagine them doing the larger ones, but maybe some of the smaller stuff, like Landspeeder and Cloud Car. Maybe the mini-rigs.

Also, I’d love a Retro Sim Aloo, but we also better get him in TVC. At this point, he’s my most-wanted TVC release.

Reaction score
I would be more than happy with a landspeeder and a dewback. But more likely the x wing and Tie fighter. The falcon would logically come next if the others sold well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather them not get into the vehicles. Let's try to keep this line somewhat realistic and affordable. It would be great to finish off the first 12, maybe even the first 20. Then start really giving us figures that were never done.

Reaction score
Vehicles would be great! I can’t imagine them doing the larger ones, but maybe some of the smaller stuff, like Landspeeder and Cloud Car. Maybe the mini-rigs.

Also, I’d love a Retro Sim Aloo, but we also better get him in TVC. At this point, he’s my most-wanted TVC release.
I'd flip my lid with excitement if they released a TVC Sim Aloo and reissued the Imperial Dignitary! I'd happily buy multiples of both to support his release.

Utinniii

Reaction score
There are a couple of mini rigs I'd buy. I also agree that a mix of old and new characters would be great. It would be easy for Hasbro to see what figures are rare and expensive now and redo them.
I'd get some cantina characters for sure.

Reaction score
If they used vintage electronics identical to the originals, they could meet a 25 dollar price point. Falcon about 70.

Reaction score
If they used vintage electronics identical to the originals, they could meet a 25 dollar price point. Falcon about 70.

if Hasbro was to re-release the Vintage Kenner Millennium Falcon I can see them charged upwards of $150+ just based on the size, the packaging alone and the fact that both the TFA and Solo versions of the Falcon were $100 each. There is no way Hasbro could possibly sell the Falcon for any less than that. Also I'd imagine that if they did re-release the Falcon it would be a store exclusive or possibly an exclusive through Hasbro Pulse itself.

Reaction score
If they do make more Retro figures I'd love to see some new characters get treatment (especially some of the background Cantina Aliens) but I'd like to see the following:

ANH:
Yavin Luke Skywalker
Yavin Princess Leia
Wedge Antilles -X-Wing Gear
Biggs Darklighter - X-Wing Gear
Biggs Darklighter - Deleted Scene
Admiral Motti
Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper Disguise
Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise
Imperial Sand Trooper
Jawa (vinyl Cape)

ESB:
Dagobah Training Luke Skywalker
Yoda
Cloud City escape Princess Leia
Han Solo in Carbonite
Smuggler Gear Lando Calrissian (Lando in Han's Clothes)
Boba Fett
General Veers
Imperial Officer (grey/olive uniform)
General Rieekan

ROTJ
Luke Skywalker DSII (simple kitbash of Jabba's Palace Luke and Endor Combat Poncho Luke)
Princess Leia Slave Outfit
Princess Leia Ewok Dress
Mon Mothma
Emperor Palpatine
Sim Aloo
Endor Celebration Lando Calrissian
Yoda Jedi Spirit
Anakin Skywalker Jedi Spirit
Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Spirit
Grey Leader - Y-Wing Pilot
Green Leader - A-Wing Pilot
B-Wing Pilot

Reaction score
Personally, I think they should stick to figures, I'm not sure the nostalgia is there for vehicles anywhere near the level of individual characters. I also doubt they'd invest in tooling of those outdated ship designs when we have TVC era sculpts available.

Reaction score
Personally, I think they should stick to figures, I'm not sure the nostalgia is there for vehicles anywhere near the level of individual characters. I also doubt they'd invest in tooling of those outdated ship designs when we have TVC era sculpts available.
I agree. The vehicles are the same as the POTF 2 vehicles> I don't think that would go well.

Reaction score
if Hasbro was to re-release the Vintage Kenner Millennium Falcon I can see them charged upwards of $150+ just based on the size, the packaging alone and the fact that both the TFA and Solo versions of the Falcon were $100 each. There is no way Hasbro could possibly sell the Falcon for any less than that. Also I'd imagine that if they did re-release the Falcon it would be a store exclusive or possibly an exclusive through Hasbro Pulse itself.
Let's not forget the whole reason we got the BMF in 2008 was because the 1978 MF tooling broke beyond repair while they were using it to make the 2005 version. So if we wanted a rerelease of the vintage version it would need to be totally retooled.

Reaction score
Let's not forget the whole reason we got the BMF in 2008 was because the 1978 MF tooling broke beyond repair while they were using it to make the 2005 version. So if we wanted a rerelease of the vintage version it would need to be totally retooled.
they could. I suppose, take apart a 2005 and 3d scan each part nd re build a new mold or retool a few parts of the TFA version

..but... they did go from the BMF to TFA millennium Falcon down to Kessel Run Falcon ( w/ Han that only fit laying down in the hull) and even down to the 25/30 $ dud incapable of holding any fig.

Yeah, Hasbro should stick to figures for the retro line.
..and include new characters

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, they keep getting smaller, which makes me doubt they'll scan each piece of the Kenner Falcon and retool the ship. I don't think it would be cost effective to reproduce. At this rate, maybe they'll toss the Micro Machines Falcon into the mix next.

Reaction score
Me, too. Ben is a key character! Artoo and Threepio, too. Jawa and Sand Person are among my favs. The only dud is the Death Squad Trooper and really — he’s not that much of a dud. That said, the next wave of Cantina Aliens and Droids is even cooler!

But more never before done figs are a fabulous idea to be sure...

The Vintage Vehicle to make for me is the TIE FIGHTER WITH ELECTRONICS!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
death star trooper is far from a dud. He is a troop builder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any word on when more of these will be coming out? Curious if Hasbro was putting their toe in the water before they even had their swimsuit on. They realized the water was warm and now they have to go back inside to change? Stupid analogy... sorry. I just wish they would hurry the hell up!