New Retro Line

Reaction score
During these cons, when they just flash all this stuff we wont ever actually get a chance to buy in front of us, this whole situation starts really making me mad cant even keep track of all the tuff that has came and went and we missed. it takes a few hours a week just scouring forums and sites like this that have turned into defacto ad agencies for online scalp-tallers, just to keep up with which shop has which figure this afternoon for 25% over price plus shipping. That is to say nothing of the time going to stores who have unfilled pegs up for going on the second year now. When you work, maintain a household, raise kids who also want the toys, your weekly shopping trip needs to be able to meet this need.

Reaction score
I feel you, man. My local Target got ONE case, and I watched a lady buy it for her husband the day before they were even supposed to be out.

I just wanted Han, but I can do without unless EE has a bunch of stuff I’d want to justify shipping.

Reaction score
I don't think most of the Targets didn't get any, I just think there was mass confusion because of WHERE they put them. when they went on clearance, someone I know got 5 cases because they had an employee scour the back room for them. she commented that "The employees in menswear never bothered to put them out because the pegs were full with other stuff". the other targets by me had full displays in the toy section, or by the Neca stuff in electronics.

Reaction score
The challenge will be finding the COMICON Darth Crayola. If they are plentiful here I will buy a few extras for fellow scummers at retail plus shipping like I did the retros....

Reaction score
I looked pretty diligently followed the intel on here best I could and saw absolutely none of them not even once. Checked when could for about two weeks.

Now, I ca claim THESE particular figures wee for the kid I don't think they care bout Vintage sculpts, they just want the best version of a character IE Has knees, can two hand grip a weapon. In other words TVC.. Still frustrating cause I wanted one of each

Reaction score
Shame these haven't been announced for Hasbro Pulse or another online option outside of EE. Glad I found the couple I wanted at Target, because I wouldn't pay above MSRP plus shipping for these - $10 is more than enough.

Reaction score
Shame these haven't been announced for Hasbro Pulse or another online option outside of EE. Glad I found the couple I wanted at Target, because I wouldn't pay above MSRP plus shipping for these - $10 is more than enough.
Toys R us Canada has had them as a regular item for some time as well... as did Canadian Amazon. I know these are a niche item, and so do Hasbro. They can be produced for next to nothing with a high margin for profit. These may be around a long while, especially if we get more new characters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like Hasbro couldn't get Han to hold his blaster either...or this one as they appear to have glued it in his hand :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I LOVED the kenner figures but most of the first 12 were poorly made,flimsy pieces of crap

Reaction score
Are you talking about the original Kenner figures from '78? If so, I couldn't disagree with you more. I've still got mine and they've held up rather nicely over the past 40 years.

If you are talking about the Retro collection...can't help you there. The only one I got was Tarkin.

Reaction score
Kenner's early offerings were rushed AF. Han and Vader's heads were flimsy, warped legs,bits of extra plastic that didn't get trimmed off, sliding lightsabers that broke easy,etc etc. I still loved them though

Reaction score
Hasbro had a very uninformative panel today at SDCC.

They said they were "continuing the retro line" ...what that entails I'm not to sure :/

Reaction score
Did the Prototype Vader already sale out? I got up this morning and checked Target.com and got the Sold our message. WTF!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did the Prototype Vader already sale out? I got up this morning and checked Target.com and got the Sold our message. WTF!!!!
They also removed the figure from the website. I can't find it now. Anyone know the DCPI? Supposedly stores are getting these but not sure when to look!

Reaction score
They also removed the figure from the website. I can't find it now. Anyone know the DCPI? Supposedly stores are getting these but not sure when to look!
They did indeed, was there just an hour ago.
Another Stormtrooper Han and Luke fiasco all over again.
They will show up eventually, the hunt is on...

Reaction score
They did indeed, was there just an hour ago.
Another Stormtrooper Han and Luke fiasco all over again.
They will show up eventually, the hunt is on...
It had to be like 3 am because I went on at 430 and they were sold out. I wonder if it will come back in stock today.

Reaction score
Reaction score
What amazes me is there was one review for the figure the guy called the figure “rubbish”. I bet he was one of the guys who stayed up waiting for this to go live. I find amusing that folks said they weren’t going to get these then abruptly change their minds.

Reaction score
For what it’s I went on Target.com using the chat feature and let them have it. No profanity but emphasize how frustrated I was. Wow talk about a cluster.

Reaction score
How the heck does this sell out so fast at 3am? I'm not loving this figure enough to buy it off ebay, but if I see it for $12.99 at Target, I'll buy it.

Reaction score
My buddy is telling me that there was no limit and that seems to be the problem. Look at eBay, there are scalpers on there that have 10 or more but they won’t ship for two weeks. Sounds like they ordered them online from Target. Go online and submit critical feedback about having no limit on the number of figures.

Reaction score
It was already Sold Out when I checked shortly after 3:30 eastern.

I heard it went live right around midnight PST. Post on Facebook said 500 available and sold out in 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
At least we have a 2nd chance at retail Target stores on August 2. If I see any scalper buying them up locally, I wont hesitate to cause a commotion. Really tired of that crap!

Reaction score
I have not commented for awhile on this site... but now I must. I started watching this figure around midnight est. Checking on internet and phone. Around 3 am I was ready to give up so I checked on computer again. It showed coming soon as it had all night long. At approx. 3:07 am est it went to sold out... never saw it in stock at all. Then it showed restocking soon or something like that for a bit. Then it finally stayed as out of stock.

Reaction score
I have not commented for awhile on this site... but now I must. I started watching this figure around midnight est. Checking on internet and phone. Around 3 am I was ready to give up so I checked on computer again. It showed coming soon as it had all night long. At approx. 3:07 am est it went to sold out... never saw it in stock at all. Then it showed restocking soon or something like that for a bit. Then it finally stayed as out of stock.
You are the first post I've seen anywhere that said this. Thanks for your first-hand account. I believe that the products were not actually sold. If someone has proof that it was with an actual order confirmation, I'd be willing to shut up. I think this was a failure, once again, by Hasbro and its 3rd party retailers. So tired of the headaches.

Reaction score
Just don't give in to temptation and buy from the scalpers. The prices will fall rapidly.

Reaction score
They went on sale at 3 AM eastern time because that's midnight in pacific time. 7 minutes is pretty fast but not necessarily proof anything sketchy went down.