New Retro Line

Reaction score
More excited for the card backs than the figures themselves, but Fett does look pretty nice. Also glad to see Hasbro paying attention to collector feedback, and transitioning to a soft goods cape for Mando.

Still no R2 and 3PO though, so interest in Retro is waning fast for me.

Reaction score
More excited for the card backs than the figures themselves, but Fett does look pretty nice. Also glad to see Hasbro paying attention to collector feedback, and transitioning to a soft goods cape for Mando.

Still no R2 and 3PO though, so interest in Retro is waning fast for me.
Don't know how you feel about repros, but Stan Solo has an amazing shiny C3PO and R2.

Reaction score
Don't know how you feel about repros, but Stan Solo has an amazing shiny C3PO and R2.
No qualms with him making repros. Big qualms with their price though! Would never pay that much for a repro. Will wait for Hasbro to (hopefully) release official versions.

Reaction score
I wish they would stop wasting time with Mandalorian and just reissue all the remaining vintage Kenner. They would sell very well for Hasbro. Just my opinion, if you love Mandalorian Retro, go buy them. I will save my money. Prices have gotten out of control for vintage and at this point I wouldn't mind filling out my collection with decent Kenner Retro reissues.

Reaction score
is there a price listed for the set anywhere? are these available elsewhere besides sw.com? just trying to figure out where i should preorder

Reaction score
is there a price listed for the set anywhere? are these available elsewhere besides sw.com? just trying to figure out where i should preorder
I've always ordered from www.entertainmentearth.com and have never had an issue with getting the product or the quality of the product. I've ordered each of the retro series from them and each set has arrived in mint condition.

Reaction score
I hear ya! :)

Although the majority of my retro collection figures are kept carded, I absolutely would like to get a DeathTrooper opener!

Looking very forward to this wave!

Reaction score
That Ahsoka looks rough though 😬

Isn't that the point?

Leia1.jpg

I think that the reason we got any new media retro figures is because they saw fans doing them and how popular they were.

Could be. It also seems like offerings from Super7 and other companies over the last several years paved the way for Hasbro's Retro Star Wars and Marvel products by showing there was a market for new figures with the "Kenner aesthetic" - even if they weren't based on an existing toys.

Alien1.jpg Frank1.jpgReAnimator1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Death Trooper really should have been a Dark Trooper. The existing Rogue One Deathrooper figures fit fine with these.

Reaction score
Love this line, tired of the big sticker on the card though. Wish they would get rid of that and put a smalll sticker on the blister or something else if they really have to spell out word retro on the packaging for some reason.

Reaction score
After looking at Ahsoka for awhile, I realized who she reminds me of - my Funko Fifth Element Diva Plavalaguna ReAction figure, lol. They both sport that generic blank stare!

As for the stickers and the faux damaged cardbacks - I haven't liked them from the beginning. I know they're doing it so that they can be set apart from actual Kenner figures, but that's not necessary for new media that didn't exist in the 70s/80s.

Reaction score
I’m not feeling this Retro Wave. If I see them in person, I may pick them up, but I am not pre-ordering.

Hope everyone that is excited about them gets what they want.

I'm right there with you. I got all of the first Mando wave, but I don't know about these. I feel like I should be excited...but I'm just not. If I see them, I may get them, but I'm not going to try to jump through hoops POing them. I wound up finding all of the first wave at retail (mostly at Gamestop) and a lot of those figures are still hanging around.

Reaction score
^ yeah the sticker is annoying, but it does have the old Kenner mail-away offer vibe to it
Then they should make it the size of an offer sticker. I wouldn’t have a problem with it then. Those stickers didn’t cover up then entire artwork like these do. Hell, even the proto stormtrooper looks better being smaller in size and it’s still bigger than an offer sticker. Hasbro just won’t listen about the sticker.

Reaction score
dang, I am very excited for these retro mandos, I will be once again buying a full box and singles like the first time. Way to go Hasbro!

Reaction score
Mando (Beskar)
Boba Fett (Morak)
Death Trooper
Bo-Katan
Ahsoka Tano
The Armorer

Reaction score
Yes, it appears their captcha machine is broken.
I was using Firefox & tried again on Chrome. This time it worked, although it went straight to checkout without the Captcha, so maybe they just turned that off while I was switching. I ordered a set on Amazon, plus an extra of Boba, Mando, Bo, and Ahsoka, as well as a full set on Pulse. Waiting to see which ones ship first.

Reaction score
I wonder why Amazon is charging 10.99, is that the new MSRP, or are they just getting greedy?