New Retro Line

Reaction score
I think the only older figure I found was at a hole in the wall Toy store in 1997 That sold little kid stuff. They did have a few action figures. I went by there one day looking for some Star Wars figures and found at the time a 1988 Robocop figure.

Reaction score
Stories like that abound; I have no doubt that Kenner figs were still around into the ‘90s. I saw some 1987 Starting Lineup baseball figures in a Fred’s department store deep into the ‘90s. It was a simpler time...
When all my friends said I was wasting my money on old toys and comicbooks...lol

Reaction score
Stories like that abound; I have no doubt that Kenner figs were still around into the ‘90s. I saw some 1987 Starting Lineup baseball figures in a Fred’s department store deep into the ‘90s. It was a simpler time...
When POTF2 first rolled out, I bought a Kenner Chewbacca Bandolier at an old Western Auto store in Illinois to put some of the new figures in, thinking it would be a goofy thing to wear to baseball practice.
Joke was on me, none of the figures fit!

Reaction score
I think the people passing on Moff Gideon will regret not getting him because he has the Darksaber and technically still rules Mandalore from inside the cardback..
I've got 3 Gideon's still on preorder. Can never have enough ugnaughts lol

Reaction score
I really am digging this wave. It’s just simply so much fun. I feel like a kid again. But dang... I sure for wish my Mando and The Child would arrive from Amazon. Everytime I see any Retro in a store.... all the ones I already have are there on the pegs... I am glad I picked up a Remnant Trooper loose from Tunghori.

Reaction score
Target cancelled my Retros. Despite my order being made at 4:01 on the day they went up at 4.
Man that stinks. If it helps, Amazon has all of them except Mando and Cara dune available for preorder right now.
BBTS has the whole wave available for preorder

Reaction score
I have always called him Apollo Creed.
I've always called Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed. Don't ask me why, it just is easier for my brain to remember for some reason; Apollo Creed is always at the tip of my tongue while I otherwise snap my fingers and go "whatshis... whatshis name, the guy, the actor from Rocky."

Reaction score
BBTS has the whole wave available for preorder

At $3 more per fig, I know it's being a miser, but that's an extra $21 which is 2 additional figs at Target. That's why I ordered them there. I already got 2 sets from them.
with $4 shipping I ordered a set. I know it sounds nuts, but I open a set, leave one carded and peel the stickers off another set. and If they make a vehicle, I set up a display. I am gonzo for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
$75 for 7 figures works out to $10.71 per figure - how is that $3 more than Target? Did Target really sell these for $7.71 each?

Anyway, it's already sold out.

Reaction score
$75 for 7 figures works out to $10.71 per figure - how is that $3 more than Target? Did Target really sell these for $7.71 each?

Anyway, it's already sold out.
From a certain pov target did. When I ordered the 7, there was a promo, spent x amt get a $10 g.c.and free shipping .So target took 10$ added shipping cost, $6 making $16. But they took $16/7 off each figure. And that made the figures roughly $7.71 each. Then they processed a seperate $10 g.c. and "charged" $6 shipping. In the end, I only paid $70 plus tax and I got all 7 figs and a $10 g.c. .some companies that say free shipping, will deduct that shipping quote off the item and then add shipping fee onto invoice. Must be some bookkeeping measure or for "tax purposes" I don't know, but as long as my net charge isn't overcharged, im ok.w/ it. EE does the same thing.

Reaction score
I've always called Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed. Don't ask me why, it just is easier for my brain to remember for some reason; Apollo Creed is always at the tip of my tongue while I otherwise snap my fingers and go "whatshis... whatshis name, the guy, the actor from Rocky."
He'll always be Carl Weathers As Himself from Arrested Development, to me. That was such a good story arc.

Reaction score
I think the only older figure I found was at a hole in the wall Toy store in 1997 That sold little kid stuff. They did have a few action figures. I went by there one day looking for some Star Wars figures and found at the time a 1988 Robocop figure.
Meijer and K-Mart occasionally had POTF2 toys still popping up into the mid-2000s in my area.

Reaction score
Great question! I think it’ll depend on the zeitgeist. I don’t think this line will last forever and deliver hundreds of figures. I even sort of feel like they’ll stop issuing OT figures once they do ROTJ. They may try another corner of the franchise from time to time, like a TV show.

Reaction score
I really hope there isn't a second wave of Mando figures immediately, they should jump back to the OT. I cant see them covering BB or any other animation really - not sure about upcoming live action, I suppose it depends on how those land with the audience, and if demand requires it. I imagine most people will want those new characters in TVC instead of Retro (as its more of an acquired taste). Not all collectors are into the soft detailing and Kenner style sculpts, and I'm curious if any kids like them. I think from a business standpoint, Retro would be more of a priority, as they're cheap to produce with 5 POA, and they are at an inflated pricepoint. That said, they remain a niche supplement, so Hasbro likely has sales data to show that a majority of consumers probably prefer the realistic style sculpts seen in TVC.

Reaction score
I really hope there isn't a second wave of Mando figures immediately, they should jump back to the OT.
I think the only way I'd be into another Mando wave is if it is heavily OT based. Maybe Beskar Mando, a season 2 character and then a Jawa, Scout Trooper, Tuskin Raider and maybe something random like Jedi Knight Luke or Imperial Gunner (for all of the like 5 seconds he's in the Mandalorian).

Reaction score
After the Mandalorian wave what do you think the chances are that hasbro will do more waves from other films/tv shows?
Or will they do a Mando wave 2 line instead?
After seeing this question, I can't help but think back on the fact that Hasbro mentioned the 5th year anniversary of Rogue One in their Hasbro Pulse show. I'm just saying that will seemingly do anything but what we all want and expect from Retro.