New Retro Line

Reaction score
Why is there so much paranoia around captive Leia? Have you SEEN the figures in other lines? Bratz looks like it’s sponsored by MTV spring break.

Reaction score
"Sail Barge" or "Sarlac Battle" Leia could be the game pack in if they continue w/ unmade past figure incl w/ game reissue. There was a Parker Bros (now owned by Hasbro, the Mando game has PB logo as well as Hasbro's) Sarlac battle game back in 1980s that'd be the likely game reissue for ROTJ. And it may bypass the alledged retail concern of the figure on pegs as its be packed inside a game pkg and likely an excl as were the past 3 games

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why is there so much paranoia around captive Leia? Have you SEEN the figures in other lines? Bratz looks like it’s sponsored by MTV spring break.
I won't get into or discuss the politics, but there are at least 2 social movements going on in some countries, and Disney and retailers are mindful of attracting negative attention. An action figure of someone being held against their will and sexualised won't go down well with some vocal members of the public. Bratz may or may not be a poor role model for kids but they send a very different message that won't draw the same attention.

Reaction score
Annoying from an inbox display perspective that The Child bubble is so much deeper.
Is The Child’s bubble the depth of a regular TVC figure. Just wondering if anyone knows. They kinda had to go deep with bubble but it’s just not good the way it’s arranged and laid out.

Reaction score
Is The Child’s bubble the depth of a regular TVC figure. Just wondering if anyone knows. They kinda had to go deep with bubble but it’s just not good the way it’s arranged and laid out.
Judging by the cases suggested for it, yes, I think it's the same as a TVC.

Reaction score
The Darksaber is a bespin Luke saber cast in smoke gray tranclucent plastic. Kinda cool.For some reason though I am not as excited about them now that I have them in hand. Maybe that will change. 😟 and the paper placement is horrid

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ouch, what happened to Cara's face? Is she going to be the next Kea Moll?

I'm not really all that excited about these, especially the characters that recently came out in TVC, it feels like too much overlap. For example, they could have done Greef in his Season 1 outfit to set it apart from the current TVC release. The Mando and IG-11 still have me the most interested, and remind me of the Kenner line, Gideon to a degree as well, and I dig the saber - very simple, and something I could imagine being done in the 80s.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. They look pretty good. Though I'm not sure why, for some reason I envisioned the cardbacks would be the 1977 Star Wars logo version. I guess it makes sense to have The Mandalorian cardback, but it doesn't have the "retro" feel to me.

Reaction score
My shipment went from "Saturday Delivery" .... to "End of Sunday Delivery" .... to now "Pending Delivery". WTF

A buddy in my same town got his yesterday early. Bah!

Reaction score
My shipment went from "Saturday Delivery" .... to "End of Sunday Delivery" .... to now "Pending Delivery". WTF

A buddy in my same town got his yesterday early. Bah!
Mine came yesterday too but in laws didn't mention it because it was adressed to my wife.

Reaction score
Ouch, what happened to Cara's face? Is she going to be the next Kea Moll?

I'm not really all that excited about these, especially the characters that recently came out in TVC, it feels like too much overlap. For example, they could have done Greef in his Season 1 outfit to set it apart from the current TVC release. The Mando and IG-11 still have me the most interested, and remind me of the Kenner line, Gideon to a degree as well, and I dig the saber - very simple, and something I could imagine being done in the 80s.
Hate the capes too. I have fixes in mind, but need to wait for my openers to arrive.

Reaction score
I figured out what it is. These sculpts are disappointing. Not very Kenner Like at all. Tarkin feels that way too. They are more like the older ReAction figures. Kenner sculpting became remarkable in 1984. Look at General Lando. Gideon or Greef could be anybody. And The Child sculpt is too soft. Yoda had a greater sculpt in 1980. Hope these factors don't sink the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I figured out what it is. These sculpts are disappointing. Not very Kenner Like at all. Tarkin feels that way too. They are more like the older ReAction figures. Kenner sculpting became remarkable in 1984. Look at General Lando. Gideon or Greef could be anybody. And The Child sculpt is too soft. Yoda had a greater sculpt in 1980. Hope these factors don't sink the line.
In fairness that 1980 ESB Yoda is almost perfect even by today's standards. Like has there been a Yoda since that totally captures the essence of the character like the original did?

Reaction score
That's a pretty astute comparison, and now that you mention it, I see it too. The heads all have that same, almost upside down teardrop shape to them that all the early [funko] reaction figures had.
Still looking forward to them shipping/arriving; hopefully moving forward as Hasbro does more 'kenner style' figures that'll dial it in to that 84/85 detail. I'd say Greef and Kuiil are pretty close. Mando's head looks to squat to my eye, maybe in hand it will be better. Jury's out on Cara. I do think the bodies all look pretty great.

Reaction score
That's a pretty astute comparison, and now that you mention it, I see it too. The heads all have that same, almost upside down teardrop shape to them that all the early [funko] reaction figures had.
Yep. Saw it right away in Tarkin when I got him. Problem is there's nobody at Hasbro to step in and say "whoa, gang this isn't how we did it" when doing the sculpts. Maybe 20 years ago had they tried something like new vintage figures someone was left to have overseen it. Now all the new folks there just check out the market and see Funko/Super 7 stuff selling and expanding with these similar soft sculpts and that's what Hasbro copied. While I'm sure they assume Star Wars collectors will just eat these up, they want a piece of the ReAction ...uhm, action as well.

Reaction score
Well two more sets arrived and I have to say between the warped cardbacks, papers that are crammed in and supe scratched bubbles, I am none too pleased with these.

Reaction score
Yep. Saw it right away in Tarkin when I got him. Problem is there's nobody at Hasbro to step in and say "whoa, gang this isn't how we did it" when doing the sculpts. Maybe 20 years ago had they tried something like new vintage figures someone was left to have overseen it. Now all the new folks there just check out the market and see Funko/Super 7 stuff selling and expanding with these similar soft sculpts and that's what Hasbro copied. While I'm sure they assume Star Wars collectors will just eat these up, they want a piece of the ReAction ...uhm, action as well.
I can't find it now, but the person who 'created' IG-11 shared how he 3D scanned an original IG-88 and designed it using modelling software in a blog somewhere. Sadly it appears he used one of the variants of IG-88 that has soft detail for the 3D scan. At least in IG-11's case, the figures aren't sculpted at all.

IG-11 is the figure I had the most problems with as the thing I loved about Star Wars is how the figures often used new sculpts when they could have been lazy and re-used old ones. Like how the Imperial Gunner has the same body as the AT-ST driver but the sculpt is completely different, or how none of the Rebel pilots share parts. The perfect IG-11 would be a figure that looks like IG-88, but slightly differently posed, and with obvious sculpt differences.

The figures come across as being developed by people who genuinely like Star Wars, are familiar with the vintage figures, but are too young to have played with them in the day and lack the emotional connection we all share. I still love them and think they are doing an OK job, but there is still room for improvement.

EDIT: The blog I was referring to is now linked below.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered only Mando, child, IG, and Cara all "collector" grade. Maybe thats why mine haven't shipped??
I ordered a full set as collector grade. Hopefully they actually ship. My set of wave one collector grade was dropped to standard grade before it shipped. I figure it won’t happen since these are newly released but due to cheap packaging they are hard to keep mint. Still waiting on mine too.

Reaction score
I ordered a full case from both EE and BBTS back in October and I've not heard a peep from either of them. WTF?! What's the point of preorders if they can't get the product out to everyone in a timely manner?

Reaction score
These arrived yesterday. Every cardback and bubble is seriously flawed. Yet marvel Retros have shiny new cardbacks that are of the utmost quality. Why? And the papers suck the nostalgia right out.20210420_180514.jpg