New Repro Yak Face

Reaction score
The quality is really damn good. I picked up a loose glasslite Artoo as I fear Hasbro will NEVER make one. Very impressed.

Reaction score
I know it makes vintage collectors nervous (especially the accessories)
I compared the SLC Yak Face staff to my Barada staff and they looked so similar that I decided it would be best to just snip the SLC staff into pieces and throw it away. I didn't want to risk getting it mixed up with the authentic staff from my Barada figure.

Reaction score
I would be willing to purchase a loose Snags but not for $50. I didn't want to pay that much for an original years ago, why would I pay that much for a repro now?

Reaction score
I would be willing to purchase a loose Snags but not for $50. I didn't want to pay that much for an original years ago, why would I pay that much for a repro now?
I feel the same about Stormy Luke, you can buy a genuine figure ( with out helmet or blaster ) for nearly the same price as a repro one :/

Reaction score
I just picked up the carded Tri-Logo Luke Stormtrooper, Han Stormtrooper and Yak Face, Carded Kenner Stormtrooper and C-3PO (Yavin Ceremony - with silver leg). All of them look stunning and totally authentic to me. It's all done in a factory in China and the cardbacks are as good as you will ever get to being like the originals complete with lithographic printing and the heat sealed (waffle pattern) bubble attachment. I literally couldn't be happier with them as I'm all for seeing a continuation of the vintage line that doesn't have that awful scratched up Retro cardback design that Hasbro have given to us! The Tri-Logo bubbles are the same type that they are using on the Kenner cardbacks, so it's easy to tell that they're not the real deal because as I'm sure you all know, the original Tri-Logo bubbles were made from much thinner plastic.

What I am disappointed about is the strange choice to include a 13th figure with an "Expanded Universe" card design for Grand Admiral Thrawn. It totally takes you out from the nostalgic feeling of seeing vintage cardbacks with new characters on them. There's plenty of original trilogy characters that didn't get a figure released, so producing a figure of a character that came many years after the original line finished seems like a stupid idea to me. If I pick up the set of carded figures from the fanstrikesback, I will most certainly be selling the Grand Admiral Thrawn and Holographic Leia on as they seem pointless to me.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought an SLC Yakface and blue snags from eBay, no weapons. I couldn't be happier with these figures. A few days later I got a Retro collection Boba Fett at walmart and now I'm nervous because I can't really tell his blaster from my authentic vintage ones.

Reaction score
A few days later I got a Retro collection Boba Fett at walmart and now I'm nervous because I can't really tell his blaster from my authentic vintage ones.
Isn't there a number on the ammo clip of Hasbro's blaster?

Reaction score
I have to disagree about Grand Admiral Thrawn. I am pretty excited about him. He debuted in a book that appeared only 6 years after the end of the Kenner Line. I was younger. Time moved a lot differently for me then. But 6 years really isn’t a crazy amount of time here so I think he fits just fine.

Reaction score
Fair enough. For me being an original trilogy purist, I've only ever been interested in characters that appeared in the first three movies, hence my lack of excitement for Grand Admiral Thrawn. It does look really well sculpted and made though.

I have to disagree about Grand Admiral Thrawn. I am pretty excited about him. He debuted in a book that appeared only 6 years after the end of the Kenner Line. I was younger. Time moved a lot differently for me then. But 6 years really isn’t a crazy amount of time here so I think he fits just fine.

Reaction score
I couldn't find any numbers on the blaster. To my eyes, it's pretty identical to vintage.

Reaction score
For anyone else wondering, it's not IP theft nor any chance at getting shut down, because Hasbro has no intention of ever making the stuff they are doing. The market for custom/Manufactured custom vintage figures is good enough they made a business out of it. Their stuff is high quality and fits a niche.

Reaction score
I just took my first step into the world of Star Wars repros and bought Stan Solo Creations' Droids C-3PO and K-3PO on ebay last night. I could only afford 2 figures and I was tempted to buy Droids C-3PO/R2-D2 or K-3PO/R3-A2 for the sake of having a pair/set. But I decided it was the 2 protocol droids I wanted most.

Question for anyone who has several of these repro figures: any difference in quality between Smith Lord Creations and Stan Solo Creations?

They both have made some of the same figures. I have my sights set on Yakface, Stormtrooper Han Solo, Droids R2-D2, POTF R2-D2, and R2-Q5, all of which have been made by both groups.

I picked up a loose glasslite Artoo as I fear Hasbro will NEVER make one. Very impressed.
What I like about Glasslite R2-D2 is that it's sort of a hybrid between POTF R2-D2 and Droids R2-D2. I'm considering buying just the one Glasslite R2-D2 in place of buying both POTF and Droids R2-D2.

Reaction score
I just took my first step into the world of Star Wars repros and bought Stan Solo Creations' Droids C-3PO and K-3PO on ebay last night. I could only afford 2 figures and I was tempted to buy Droids C-3PO/R2-D2 or K-3PO/R3-A2 for the sake of having a pair/set. But I decided it was the 2 protocol droids I wanted most.

Question for anyone who has several of these repro figures: any difference in quality between Smith Lord Creations and Stan Solo Creations?

They both have made some of the same figures. I have my sights set on Yakface, Stormtrooper Han Solo, Droids R2-D2, POTF R2-D2, and R2-Q5, all of which have been made by both groups.

What I like about Glasslite R2-D2 is that it's sort of a hybrid between POTF R2-D2 and Droids R2-D2. I'm considering buying just the one Glasslite R2-D2 in place of buying both POTF and Droids R2-D2.
Ok in a nutshell they are one in the same or at least they were. Smithlord started all of it but then sold the molds and company to The Fans Strike Back. Stan Solo is the new company he has come up with. He does not represent Smithlord creations, nor is he associated with their current projects.