New Repro Yak Face

Reaction score
Yeah, but it’s horrible. No one would be happy with it. And it certainly won’t ever actually fool anyone. Rest easy!

NOTE: The picture he uses in the auction looks great, but what he sends you I promise looks NOTHING like that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, but it’s horrible. No one would be happy with it. And it certainly won’t ever actually fool anyone. Rest easy!

NOTE: The picture he uses in the auction looks great, but what he sends you I promise looks NOTHING like that.
I don't know about that, I have actually purchased one of the Han troopers that originated from him and they are pretty spot on. This dude has a history of reproduction items (like handbags) that landed him in jail from what i've read online, so he definitely has connections for top-quality knock offs.

Apparently there are enough collectors out there to want one of these to warrant the huge costs in getting it produced.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. This guy even got the waffle pattern correct on the bubble. Has anyone prior been able to replicate that?

Wt

Reaction score
I would guess it's going to have the coo markings too? Pictures are hard to tell and look a bit grainy, but it seams rather spot on. I don't see anything that screams obvious repro with it. Will have to monitor this one closely. I did finally just buy a Yak from a reliable source so for that I'm happy. These repros suck man

Reaction score
I believe he is not putting the COO stamp on the legs. At least he didn't w/ the Luke Stormtrooper.
Wt

Reaction score
I contacted him about it yesterday and no, he is not putting a coo on the back of the legs. That's fine and all and should cut down on the confusion among seasoned collectors, however it will probably fool a good number of people out there. He may be selling it as a repro, but the next guy may not be. Bottom line is that it's deception. The seller of this Yak also sell quality repro weapons and accessories that muddy up the collecting waters. It's not really a custom because a custom in this hobby is an altered figured, not a "reproduced" figure. Its a repro. A repro is a repro is a repro.

Reaction score
Hm. Most examples of this kind of thing I’ve seen have been pretty shoddy; it’s a concern that these guys are getting good enough to fool even some of us. And you’re right—it’s a repro. I can understand some actual figure lovers wanting something that looks like the beautiful Yak for their own entertainment, and thus taking the cheap way out. But most people getting in on this probably have some deceptive purpose. It’s a shame.

Reaction score
Yeah I get the wanting to own a repro figure with known signs that it's a repro when it comes to some of the bigger ones, but what I don't like is the weapons and accessories. It opens so many doors for people to take advantage of unknowing and even seasoned collectors to fall victim to what basically equates to thievery. Deceiving someone and taking their money for something that it's actually not is thievery. Plan and simple. I'm sure a repro Yak with a coo is not too far off though. Give it time.

Reaction score
Considering Hasbro might be expanding the Retro line, we could see them release a Yakface as well, but theirs would likely be $10! I'm not a repro collector, so I'll wait for the potential "reissue", though frankly - no Yakface figure can beat the TVC version.

Reaction score
I was talking with a friend that is well known in the community. He's at celebration right now and was looking over the Retro line that was on display there. I asked him if there were evident tells on them that would let people know that they were obviously not originals. His response was that to most collectors it would be obvious that the weapons in particular are not originals. So that gives me some hope on them. I'm sure when the figures are released that there will be more conversation on the tells of how they differ.

Reaction score
I was talking with a friend that is well known in the community. He's at celebration right now and was looking over the Retro line that was on display there. I asked him if there were evident tells on them that would let people know that they were obviously not originals. His response was that to most collectors it would be obvious that the weapons in particular are not originals. So that gives me some hope on them. I'm sure when the figures are released that there will be more conversation on the tells of how they differ.
The weapons have features that are not present in the vintage, they look rather different. For the figures, they are larger, have subtle molding differences and the COO information is printed on the back leg, not molded. For the card, there is the obvious printed wear and the 'RETRO' sticker. So, the sticker could be removed. Not sure it fool many, but it will certainly goof up my eBay searches!

Reaction score
I would buy one of those Yakfaces purely to help populate my barge with 'vintage' figures (as an alternative display option) without spending £200-£300. What concerns me is the quality of the plastic used, and whether there would be any health issues. I've heard numerous stories about the plastic used in cheap toys being carcinogenic etc.

Reaction score
Hm. Most examples of this kind of thing I’ve seen have been pretty shoddy; it’s a concern that these guys are getting good enough to fool even some of us. And you’re right—it’s a repro. I can understand some actual figure lovers wanting something that looks like the beautiful Yak for their own entertainment, and thus taking the cheap way out. But most people getting in on this probably have some deceptive purpose. It’s a shame.
Dont worry hopefully Hasbro puts all the Repro sellers out of business by redoing all their classic line. that will satisfy the people who just want to scratch the nostalgia itch and. I'm all for Hasbro/Kenner repro lol

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late to the repro party but jesus....... Can't believe people are cool with this dude making straight up repros.
I hate the repro figs he does but the 12 that were never done I can't pass on. They are cheaper than what they cost me in parts to make customs.

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late to the repro party but jesus....... Can't believe people are cool with this dude making straight up repros.
I don't have a problem with the figures because they are marked SMC ( Smith Lord Creations ) on the back of the leg. Also the Luke stormie has a different face mould. It gives collectors who aren't able to afford the originals a chance to own a figure that's very close to the original...although his figures aren't cheap at £40 :O
What I have a BIG problem with is the weapons they sell that pass the bounce, float and light test. Why make weapons that are indistinguishable from vintage ? I don't think a collector who is happy to have repo weapons would care if they bounce and float correctly.

Reaction score
The Blue Snag and Yak Face are slightly smaller than the originals...

to be honest....the Han stormtrooper is as close to an original Vintage figure as I've seen...and as a fan of Vintage customs and customisers...his lost 12 really float my boat...and they are priced fairly too....I have paid up to $200 for Vintage customs that look like Kenner produced figures....so a reasonably priced Aunt Beru or Wedge really floats my boat....

whilst i I might not agree with blue snag or Yak face ....the Han is a glaring omission from the Vintage line...

im glad it exists....but a cheap alternative to allow entry level collectors to own a Fake Yak or Blue snag is ok with me...because they may aspire to own the genuine article....

Darren

Reaction score
I bought one of the Smith Lord Creations Yak Face figures and I'm actually pretty happy with it. I've owned three legitimate Yak Face figures in the past and, since I paid hundreds of dollars for each of them, I remember being terrified of touching them for fear of ruining my "investment". So, it's nice to have a Yak Face figure that I can enjoy as a "cheap" toy the way I would have if I had owned one as a kid.

Still, I snipped the staff into pieces and threw it away and scratched my intial onto the bottom of his foot (exactly as I would have done with my childhood figures), so there is no intention on my part to resell it as an original. Some of us just want the experience of owning these super rare figures as toys, not an investment.

And I definitely have no intention of ever paying $400-$500 for an authentic vintage Yak Face. That would just be an irresponsible financial decision. If vintage Kenner secondary market prices weren't out of control right now, then these reproductions wouldn't even be an issue.

Reaction score
I love all of Smith Lord's un-produced stuff (Especially the Banthas!)and I hope it's successful for him. I just wish his high quality repro weapons had markings on them! His stuff is so hard to tell from vintage now and it makes me sad. His Yak and Snaggle are at least marked with his own COO on it.

Reaction score
I just wish his high quality repro weapons had markings on them! His stuff is so hard to tell from vintage now and it makes me sad.
That's why I eventually had to cut up the staff from my SLC Yak Face, because I knew that eventually I would get it mixed up with one of my authentic Barada staves.

Anyway here is a photo I took of my repro Yak, alongside Amanaman and Barada (with a POTF2 EV-9D9 in the background). While I no longer have a real Yak Face to compare him side by side with, I think the reproduction figure looks good enough for now, until prices on the real figure come down some. Maybe the plastic that his head is molded in might be just a bit too light:

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, the head does appear to be lighter than the original Kenner figure, but for $40 its a pretty good display piece that you don't have to worry about. That's actually an issue I have with collecting some of the more expensive figures, even if I were to purchase them, they'd end up locked away, so as to not damage them...when you reach that point, I don't see the fun in it. I like to keep figures out on display at times, and I actually like to handle them as a loose collector. Having something sealed in an acrylic tomb does nothing for me. I'm still hoping for a Retro Hasbro release, considering how well the TVC Yakface did, we may get a reissue of the Kenner style figure.

Reaction score
BigBarada

Your Jabba's Henchman are ready to kick Butt!!!

Looks good! The EV 9D9 mixes in their well too! You need to have him torture a Gonk next!

Reaction score
Looks like vintage collectors have had another small victory. A few months ago Smith Lord Creation had his Paypal account shutdown and now after complaints eBay have removed all their figures. The only place you can now buy them is the website fanstrikesback and I'm guessing it won't be long until their PayPal is also closed.

Reading through all the comments it seems the majority don't have a problem with their figures as they are clearly marked on the back of the leg. It seems most of the animosity is due to the weapon's. The fact that they are advertised as bouncing and floating like vintage making them indistinguishable from the originals is almost as if Fans Strike Back are giving the middle finger to the vintage collectors and asking for a battle. I'm sure if they marked their weapons as they do with their figures vintage collectors would back off a bit...and we could all get along :D

Reaction score
That's actually an issue I have with collecting some of the more expensive figures, even if I were to purchase them, they'd end up locked away, so as to not damage them...when you reach that point, I don't see the fun in it. I like to keep figures out on display at times, and I actually like to handle them as a loose collector. Having something sealed in an acrylic tomb does nothing for me.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not an investor or a museum curator. I'm in this hobby for the fun of it and to recreate my childhood as much as possible. When it stops being fun is when I give it up.

BigBarada

Your Jabba's Henchman are ready to kick Butt!!!

Looks good! The EV 9D9 mixes in their well too! You need to have him torture a Gonk next!
Thanks, I've since replaced the POTF2 EV-9D9 with a vintage one, but the POTF2 figure was an acceptable stand in.

Looks like vintage collectors have had another small victory. A few months ago Smith Lord Creation had his Paypal account shutdown and now after complaints eBay have removed all their figures. The only place you can now buy them is the website fanstrikesback and I'm guessing it won't be long until their PayPal is also closed.

Reading through all the comments it seems the majority don't have a problem with their figures as they are clearly marked on the back of the leg. It seems most of the animosity is due to the weapon's. The fact that they are advertised as bouncing and floating like vintage making them indistinguishable from the originals is almost as if Fans Strike Back are giving the middle finger to the vintage collectors and asking for a battle. I'm sure if they marked their weapons as they do with their figures vintage collectors would back off a bit...and we could all get along :D
Since when is taking options away from adult collectors, who should have the freedom to buy what they want without interference from internet busybodies, a victory?

Reaction score
Since when is taking options away from adult collectors, who should have the freedom to buy what they want without interference from internet busybodies, a victory?[/QUOTE]

If vintage collectors are trying to put Fans Strike Back out of business they would view having their eBay shut down as a victory.
I don't think the concern is with collectors who buy the repro figures and weapon's and keep them in their private collection. The concern is with those that try and pass the figures and weapons off as vintage. There has already been a Smith Lord Yakface sold as vintage ( with a vintage price tag ) on echo base. I can only imagine how many Fans Strikes Back weapons have been bought and then sold as vintage by dishonest sellers.

For whatever reason Fans Strike Back won't mark their weapons and just to infuriated vintage collectors further they even boast on their website their weapons bounce and float like vintage, to vintage collectors its like a red rag to a bull.

Personally I think a lot of this could be avoided if they'd simply mark their weapons the same way they do their figure's. That way there would be no confusion and people could collect vintage or repro however they choose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If vintage collectors are trying to put Fans Strike Back out of business they would view having their eBay shut down as a victory.
I don't think the concern is with collectors who buy the repro figures and weapon's and keep them in their private collection. The concern is with those that try and pass the figures and weapons off as vintage. There has already been a Smith Lord Yakface sold as vintage ( with a vintage price tag ) on echo base. I can only imagine how many Fans Strikes Back weapons have been bought and then sold as vintage by dishonest sellers.

For whatever reason Fans Strike Back won't mark their weapons and just to infuriated vintage collectors further they even boast on their website their weapons bounce and float like vintage, to vintage collectors its like a red rag to a bull.

Personally I think a lot of this could be avoided if they'd simply mark their weapons the same way they do their figure's. That way there would be no confusion and people could collect vintage or repro however they choose.
I remember back around 1994, when the Star Wars Micro Machines first started coming out, some guy was selling individual MM vehicles as authentic, vintage Kenner toys for authentic, vintage Kenner prices. This was back in the days when online sales listings often couldn't support image files. So, this guy sold the tiny Micro Machines A-Wing for $200, as if it was the 3.75" scale Kenner A-Wing. The only way anyone was able to find out that it was a scam was for someone to actually buy one of the toys and then report back that it was a Micro Machine, tiny enough to be shipped in an envelope, and there was no "buyer protection" from websites back then to give him any hope of getting his money back. So, should vintage collectors have lobbied to have Galoob cancel their Micro Machines line because a few collectors got scammed? There has always been some level of risk when buying secondhand toys from unscrupulous sellers.

We don't need hobby police going around determining what other collectors are allowed to buy.

Anyways, Smith Lord Creations seems to have consolidated everything under The Fans Strike Back, and are focusing their efforts on making NBM (never before made) toys. I'm sure everyone has heard about the Bantha and they recently just announced 13 new figures, including Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen, R4-M9, Sandtrooper, etc.

Reaction score
SmithLordCreations is theft. Unofficial and bootlegging. No question.

Buy what you want but the guy is not just breaking the law but also producing deceptive products.

Just read Adam Pawlus write an awesome piece of this over on Galactichunter.com as part of this weeks Q&A.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SmithLordCreations is theft. Unofficial and bootlegging. No question.

Buy what you want but the guy is not just breaking the law but also producing deceptive products.

Just read Adam Pawlus write an awesome piece of this over on Galactichunter.com as part of this weeks Q&A.
Lighten up mate. It's not 'theft' it helps out collectors like me who wouldn't pay hundreds of pounds for these figures but want one for a display (in my case a barge display). It's not hurting anyone except the pride of a few über collectors who get horny when they think about the 1978-85 air trapped inside their vintage bubbles.

As for Pawlus I often like what he says but he must have a different version of eBay from me if he thinks the original Blue snag is readily available.

SmithLord are providing a valuable service, they add to the fun of collecting for those of us who always wanted to just rip the toys off their cards. Everyone else needs to get off their high horse and remember that Star Wars doesn't belong to them.

Reaction score
Lighten up mate. It's not 'theft' it helps out collectors like me who wouldn't pay hundreds of pounds for these figures but want one for a display (in my case a barge display). It's not hurting anyone except the pride of a few über collectors who get horny when they think about the 1978-85 air trapped inside their vintage bubbles.

As for Pawlus I often like what he says but he must have a different version of eBay from me if he thinks the original Blue snag is readily available.

SmithLord are providing a valuable service, they add to the fun of collecting for those of us who always wanted to just rip the toys off their cards. Everyone else needs to get off their high horse and remember that Star Wars doesn't belong to them.
Whats that? Buy officially licensed action figures? What next, do I need a license to use my toaster?

Reaction score
SmithLordCreations is theft.
Nonsense. He sells reproduction figures as reproduction figures and you get exactly what you pay for. There is no instance where the guys at Smith Lord Creations or TheFansStrikeBack are deceiving people about the items they are selling. The fact that unscrupulous secondary market sellers are passing these items off as legitimate has nothing to do with SLC or TheFansStrikeBack.

If people were to resell figures from Hasbro's Retro Collection on eBay as authentic vintage figures, would you then accuse Hasbro of theft?

Reaction score
Relicants!

Harrison Ford is coming for these Bootlegs!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nonsense. He sells reproduction figures as reproduction figures and you get exactly what you pay for. There is no instance where the guys at Smith Lord Creations or TheFansStrikeBack are deceiving people about the items they are selling. The fact that unscrupulous secondary market sellers are passing these items off as legitimate has nothing to do with SLC or TheFansStrikeBack.

If people were to resell figures from Hasbro's Retro Collection on eBay as authentic vintage figures, would you then accuse Hasbro of theft?
No because they're reselling their own product that was from an officially licensed vendor. Smith....is not legitimate. He is using someone elses names etc...Aunt Beru from the Addams Family.

Reaction score
Smith....is not legitimate. He is using someone elses names etc...
They are not officially licensed toys and I don't believe anyone buying from SLC is under the impression that they are. Again, no deception is taking place, thus no theft is taking place.

What do people think is going to be gained by shutting down SLC? Clearly, the technology to create perfect replicas of the vintage Kenner toys is here now. There is no putting that genie back in the bottle. If you shut down Smith Lord Creations then another replica figure maker will take their place, only they might not be so forthcoming about the fact that they are creating replicas. And why should they be? Especially if they are going to be villified and attacked for telling the truth about their product?

Reaction score
BigBarada

Their scum sucking knock off Gucci purses!!!!

I wonder if Smithlord wears a leather jacket and has these figures line the inside of his coat? That way when you walk by him at a toy show he flashes them at you and say's "Want to buy a REAL STAR WARS FIGURE $50"

However you are correct the "perfect replicas" are getting even more popular and I see them growing in popularity and not shrinking.

I prefer the custom makers, as they take unloved beaters and turn them into unproduced toys!

Smithlord's on the right direction with the Bantha and the un-produced figures.

By the way for the price of his Blue Snag and Yakface you can by 5-10 nice VINTAGE beater figures to display.

Reaction score
... thus no theft is taking place.
That's absolutely untrue. Intellectual property and trademark rights are a real thing. If you're making money off of a property that you don't have the legal rights to, it's theft. There's no way around that. Now, you might not care but that doesn't alter the legality of what he's doing. Would someone fill the market void that "Smith Lord" would leave if he were to stop producing repros? Undoubtedly. But again, that has no bearing on the legality of what he is doing.

Reaction score
No. Hasbro has the legal rights to a Star Wars license. "Smith Lord" does not. Don't confuse your support of what "Smith Lord" does with the legality of what he does. Those are two separate things.

I detest his reproduction items. He's producing them against legal trademark laws.
I think his custom (non-repro) stuff is sort of neat. He's still producing them against legal trademark laws.

It's simple.