New open world star wars game from ubisoft

Reaction score
Great news on the first Lucasfilm Games game.

I'm not much of a gamer. What is an open world game?

Reaction score
basically means you can walk anywhere and do anything you want. there will probably be some basic objectives, but typically its meant for you to explore and find things.
non-open world means you are meant to follow a specific path and do specific tasks

Reaction score
Great news on the first Lucasfilm Games game.

I'm not much of a gamer. What is an open world game?
Linearity *mostly* disappears so players can explore wherever and whatever they want within the game's setting. The Grand Theft Auto series is the best example, but there are lots of em.

Reaction score
Trying to remain hopeful, but the ****-show that Ubisoft's recent games have been, leaves me concerned.

Dax

Reaction score
Good news for me. I swore off anything from EA due to the absolute debacle that was Battlefield 5. I've really enjoyed the Far Cry series in the past so hopefully we get something of a similar quality.

Reaction score
Linearity *mostly* disappears so players can explore wherever and whatever they want within the game's setting. The Grand Theft Auto series is the best example, but there are lots of em.
oh, GTA! I played all GTA Series and now I'm playing GTA V and I'm rich in the game. :)

Reaction score
it's hard to to get too excited over this news considering all the previous disappointments the past ten years. That said it's nice to hear more games are coming and I hop that it is as fun to play as Kotor was back in the day. I would compare it to a more recent games but I've not experienced that level of fun since, the first TFU game aside. But that wasn't open world game. If it was as open and interactable as GTA/Just Cause games are then it could really be fun, I just hope that the "story" is also interesting.

Reaction score
From Elder Scrolls to Dark Souls to Red Dead Redemption; I am a huge fan of openworld games. Fable and Knights of the Old Republic are the only reasons I bought an Xbox back in the day. Even if the game isn't jaw-dropping and utterly amazing in every sense of the word; I feel it could be a welcome and refreshing change compared to some past recent Star Wars titles we've received.​