New North Carolina Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CloudCity_Gangzr said:
Philip_Wise said:
Here's a new section for North Carolina posting.

Have fun!
Thanks Philip!!! We were long over due. This thread should be awesome.

-Chad
Just my opinion....

After a month, I'm not too impressed with our own section. It seems like we are less active now...less people posting and less posts per day. No one is starting new threads (except for the 2 I started). Everyone is still posting their finds in just one thread (except for those who posted in the 2 I started). Its almost like we should not of had the new section. Take a look at some of the other states and see how they look compared to us. Granted, they are more established and we are a month old, but I still expected more by now.

Again, my opinion...

Reaction score
tarcanes92 said:
Just my opinion....

After a month, I'm not too impressed with our own section. It seems like we are less active now...less people posting and less posts per day. No one is starting new threads (except for the 2 I started). Everyone is still posting their finds in just one thread (except for those who posted in the 2 I started). Its almost like we should not of had the new section. Take a look at some of the other states and see how they look compared to us. Granted, they are more established and we are a month old, but I still expected more by now.

Again, my opinion...
I think part of the slowdown is the slowdown in stores. Personally, I haven't found anything new since the BAD Wave 3 you hid for me a couple of weeks ago.
Seems like that coupled with the economy meltdown has activity in a lull. I bet we will pick back up soon.

Reaction score
pruette said:
tarcanes92 said:
Just my opinion....

Again, my opinion...
I think part of the slowdown is the slowdown in stores. Personally, I haven't found anything new since the BAD Wave 3 you hid for me a couple of weeks ago.
Seems like that coupled with the economy meltdown has activity in a lull. I bet we will pick back up soon.
Well, not many people seem to have an opinion. As we only had one reply. But, in the last month, wave 2 of clone wars, wave 3 of BAD and wave 2 of the comic packs have been released. Not too slow, in my opinion. Maybe losing the 888 guys caused us to lose alot of our "posting power".

Anyway, the fall20 code at HTS.com is over. Hope everyone ordered what they needed. And if you are into 4 inch exclusive vehicles, the A-Wing and CW Republic gunships are suppose to be showing up soon.

Reaction score
I would post a lot like the other guy is saying but school is a factor in cutting down on the hunt, not to mention lack of product at times.

Reaction score
I do believe I posted when I found wave 2 of Clone Wars at retail. Ordered wave 3 of Legacy off HTS, so I didn't post that. Not seeing the Comic Packs too much in my area yet. So, overall, it really is a case of nothing to report. At least, lately.

Reaction score
I report what I find! I don't need the "toy nazi" treatment either when I come in here to read or post!!

Reaction score
Tigersith said:
I report what I find! I don't need the "toy nazi" treatment either when I come in here to read or post!!
And I don't deserve to be called a toy-nazi just because I come here, participate, and state an opinion on how I think we could do a better job. And if you don't like my opinion, bite your tongue....it makes you look better since you aren't calling others names.

Reaction score
I just think you are a little to aggressive! You seem to post things with the attitude that you are "in charge". Your opinions are fine and wanting to improve things also fine. Its another thing entirely to make people feel like they should post when they aren't finding anything?? As far as I can tell people post on a pretty regular basis. Just let things be as they are, maybe not how you think they should be.

That being said, here is my report. I picked up the A-wing and the gunship at Wal mart this evening and they both look really nice. The redo on the cockpit of the A-wing is a nice touch!

Reaction score
Was in Sam's Club yesterday and they have the AT-TE (not an exclusive, just the regular retail version) for $89.99. I think that's $10 less than regular retail, right? (I don't collect the big vehicles -- no room in a 4-room apartment!)

Reaction score
Tigersith said:
I just think you are a little to aggressive! You seem to post things with the attitude that you are "in charge". Your opinions are fine and wanting to improve things also fine. Its another thing entirely to make people feel like they should post when they aren't finding anything?? As far as I can tell people post on a pretty regular basis. Just let things be as they are, maybe not how you think they should be.
If I wanted to be in charge and play mini-mod, I would have started new threads for each area of the state. And when someone posted in in the "new north carolina forum" thread about their finds, I would then reply that there is a more appropriate thread for their post and they should keep to the topic of this thread that is about the new forum. I also fail to see how stating "this is my opinion" before a post causes me to be aggresive. I've asked for others opinions on how the direction of the forum when it was created. But not a single person replied with their opinion. Just trying to be proactive at the start. And if you don't state your opinion, don't be reactive at the end when you don't like the direction it takes. If you don't vote, don't complain if you don't like the results or the actions of the winners. Not saying that I'm in charge here, but opinions were ever stated at the start...

And I'm dropping this now and won't reply to anything in this thread. If you want a reply, PM. But I'm not continuing this in here.

Reaction score
Dan_Cziraky said:
Was in Sam's Club yesterday and they have the AT-TE (not an exclusive, just the regular retail version) for $89.99. I think that's $10 less than regular retail, right? (I don't collect the big vehicles -- no room in a 4-room apartment!)
you are correct!

Target did have a sale in August and the AT-TE was $90 during the sale. During the recent fall20 at hts.com the AT-TE was not present on the site.

Reaction score
BAD wave 4 is available at hts.com. This wave includes Bail and his wife, Faie, Stass, FX-6 and Grevious. The 327th trooper is still listed as coming soon (but he is a repack). Check out the new thread I started for hts.com discount codes.

Reaction score
I am seeing at local wallies tons of those BAD thingies clogging shelves. The basic assortment of figures seems to be moving rather well through all lines.I am pleseantly suprised.I am still on the hunt for the LC indy wave and hopefully TOD lol.

Reaction score
Picked up the LEGO 7679 Republic Fighter Tank at Target in Kernersville today. Had about six on the shelves.

Reaction score
Picked up the A-Wing and Gunship today. They had five A-Wings left and easily 20+ Gunships.

Reaction score
yodaman1234 said:
saw new TLC wave today at a local wally with bail and breha organa and the others.
I saw Bail, Breha, Grievous, and Stass Allie at WM in E. Gastonia, but Faie and FX-6 were already gone. Also spotted the Shield Generator and B'omarr Monastery BPs at Kmart in Gastonia.

Reaction score
Found one Mutt Williams and Motorcycle at Target near Southpoint Mall, Durham. He left with me. Now all I need is TOD wave!

Reaction score
found major bludd,snow serpent,barbecue, and the robot looking cobra figure at burlington coat factory at crossroads in cary. just wanted to mention them since i rarely see them,except bbq, at stores now.the kohls at briar creek(raleigh) has all of the cody/piell wave on sale for $8(usually $10).
has sidiously darth jumped ship?

Reaction score
also the tru in cary has the new swoop wave for those who are into the animated transformers. i'm only collecting the dinobots and i'm alsmost there.

Reaction score
darthryan said:
found major bludd,snow serpent,barbecue, and the robot looking cobra figure at burlington coat factory at crossroads in cary.
burlington coat factory sells action figures????? I thought they sold....jackets.....

darthryan said:
has sidiously darth jumped ship?
he was banned in early-mid August

Reaction score
alot of discount retailers like marshalls,tj maxx,sears, and yes.....burlington coat factory have very small toy departments! most rarely carry sw or joes, but that one in cary had 4 joes, 0 sw.

Reaction score
Walmart on 15-501 in Durham has the Republic Gunship in stock. I've seen several new Joe's at the 15-501 Walmart and Target in Durham.

Reaction score
Hit the Hickory/Conover area last night. No signs of TLC w4 anywhere, but both WMs in Hickory & Conover had plenty of the Gunships and A-Wings. No signs of the new tin sets at Kmart in Conover. Target was pretty much desolate.

Reaction score
I see Indy LC all the time in Durham. As for TOD, I haven't seen them at all, but reports from TheRaider.net say they've started showing up at Kroger in Texas. Maybe this helps or shows hope.

Reaction score
Picked up a few extra's tonight of Faie and FX-6, also scored some new titaniums at Target. Hailfire, Biggs' X-wing and the droid gunship.

Reaction score
tarcanes92 said:
darthryan said:
found major bludd,snow serpent,barbecue, and the robot looking cobra figure at burlington coat factory at crossroads in cary.
burlington coat factory sells action figures????? I thought they sold....jackets.....
checked the Winston-Salem Burlington coat factory and found the same thing was true here...They had GI JOE figures...present were Hawk, Barbecue, BAT, Snow Serpent, Flash, Major Bludd, Bazooka(?), and black Storm Shadow. I had my fill of these figures so all of them are still present there. They were either 7 or 8 dollars. I forgot which price.

Reaction score
Picked up the titanium landing craft today and Mutt and junkyard from a revision case of gi joe 2 nights ago.

Reaction score
Mutt lol! he said Mutt! at first I thought you meant that you relieved a peg warmer Mcgee from the pegs lol! funny very funny! now i remember Mutt was a G.I. Joe too! I kill me!

Reaction score
pruette said:
tarcanes92 said:
Just my opinion....

Again, my opinion...
I think part of the slowdown is the slowdown in stores.
That's it. The retailers typically slow down in September and October to flood the stores with product during November and December. Most of the stores will be doing resets in the next week or so and we'll see more toys in general to discuss.

On a side note I did, however, expect more activity here. I PM'd Philip to stand up for the NC forum, even though I'm not really an active modern toy buyer (and I know Philip through some non-Reblescum channels as well), because I really thought it was needed and I have pride in my fellow North Carolina collectors. He specifically asked me if I thought we could support it and I said "yes" and I think my last conversation with him carried enough weight to spur the creation of the forum. I'll certainly expect to see more activity here as we get closer to the holiday season, though. Don't prove me wrong

Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest I think it's the fact people just aren't finding much of anything.Personally, I want the damn LC wave and TOD from Indian jones.I have been hunting for LC since it came out but any of the stores I go to never have it.

On another note- Now that gas has decided to quit being so damn expensive I, and a lot of other people, may start going out more often like we used to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.