New North Carolina Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Traget in Wake Forest had all the new comics today. I only bought the Jedi pack. The Tra figure is bad but the Tholme is great. He was one of my favorite Dark Horse Characters so i was happy when Hasbro was slated to release the pack.

Reaction score
SidDarth said:
Picked up 3x EE Exclusive Joker Squad from the White Oak Ross yesterday. That's a heck of a buy at $15.

Any of you guys making the trip to O-Town for C5?
Are you kidding? You grabbed all of them?

I've been driving 30 min commutes to that store to find those.

Thanks for buying all of them.

Reaction score
I will be at CV and we have press passes again just like ClV thanks to a very generous friend of mine. They have a newspaper in a small town and I get to "help" with the interviews and get in early 2 hrs. everyday. Looking forward to this one. Hope the new people over it will do a good job!

Reaction score
I may, but then again they havent revealed anything spectacular yet to make me want to go.It just seems to me that this Celebration was poorly planned - in august was a BIG BIG dumb move as kids have to go back to school, college, high school etc.

Reaction score
Birth of Vader and Tatt. Des. ambush batt. pks. today from Target. God I'm a sucker for cool packaging!!

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
SidDarth said:
Picked up 3x EE Exclusive Joker Squad from the White Oak Ross yesterday. That's a heck of a buy at $15.

I actually called a couple of friends to see if they still needed sets. They said yes. So I bought them. I go there maybe once a week. If I see anymore, I'll either pick it up for you or pm you it is there.

As for yesterday's finds at Ross in Garner, 2x WM exclusive Octo Droid, 1x Clone Trooper Evo Set & 1 GI Joe Vamp. I'm thinking about doing a custom Crimson Guard jeep.

Besides that, there were a couple of other Evo sets but I think those are the ones still sitting at clearance in most Wal-Marts. Otherwise, the toy section at that Ross looks horrid. No one ever seems to straighten it up.

Reaction score
I'm thrilled that I found an AT-ST at Ross in Raleigh. I'm even more thrilled that it's survived two falls off of my desk since my cats seem to hate it. This is an all-around well-built toy. I still wouldn't have paid $44 for it, though...

Reaction score
I finally found a Kyle Katarn which doesn't have screwed up eyes. It was the only one at Target on Capital in Raleigh. I don't know what to do with the Vong, though.

Reaction score
Found some of the new comic packs at both Targets in Durham this weekend. I sure hope the expanded universe wave 13 will show up here in good numbers. I'm a little anxious about it being the last wave of the build a droid series.

Reaction score
Of all the things to be looking for and not find, I need an Ahsoka to go in my Y-Wing. Kinda prefer the one with the space suit. Anybody seen one in Raleigh?

Reaction score
Axelay said:
Of all the things to be looking for and not find, I need an Ahsoka to go in my Y-Wing. Kinda prefer the one with the space suit. Anybody seen one in Raleigh?
I'll keep an eye out for you.

Reaction score
TRU in Durham had some of the new battle packs this evening. A clerk put them out as I was browsing. He told me that he had put out some new figures the other day, but they were all gone. Oh well, it always seems to go that way for me when they have a sale.

Reaction score
yeah i never find anything at toys suck for us. On another note i have seen no more stormies
, nor anything else for that matter.

Reaction score
TRU at Crossroads in Cary was brimming with ESB and it looked like they put out four cases.

I saw all four Codys still there.

I DID grab all four Snowtroopers though.

Sorry if anybody else wanted them, but I had to get two others from a friend out of town.

Reaction score
I did find an Ahsoka today while in Durham. It's not the space suit version, but it was only $5 so I can't complain. It actually worked out rather well since the gunner's seat in the Y-Wing is so deep. When I first put her in it, you couldn't even see the top of her head. I thought to myself "she needs a booster seat," and lo and behold the backpack she came with was a perfect fit once it was laid down flat.

Reaction score
yodaman1234 said:
yeah i never find anything at toys suck for us. On another note i have seen no more stormies
, nor anything else for that matter.
Don't forget I still have a Slave Leia & a VOTC Stormie waiting on ya!

Reaction score
yeah Dan thanks for reminding me! LEt me know a day and we can meet up in Rock Hill or something.

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
SidDarth said:

Picked up 2 more Joker Squads today. Do you still need one?

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
Hell yeah man.

Can you wait 'til next wed to hook up with me?

(the 15th~)
Sure can. I'll put one to the side for you. Just shoot me a pm when you are ready.

Reaction score
One of the parents at my school just informed me that Star Wars in Concert is coming to the RBC Center in July! Tickets are supposed to go on sale on the 16th, I believe.

Reaction score
Axelay said:
One of the parents at my school just informed me that Star Wars in Concert is coming to the RBC Center in July! Tickets are supposed to go on sale on the 16th, I believe.
$25 to $65 per ticket

2 shows; 3 and 7:30

Presale is 4/14 according to ticketmaster. Drop by the RBC center box office and purchase them there to save on ticketmaster fees.

They have been adverstising this on TV during the past few Hurricanes games.

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything new in Durham. Funny thing though, TRU has the clone wars 2-packs(Yoda & Thire etc) that were previously "exclusive" to Wal-mart. ?????

Reaction score
Found a lone Spacetrooper at the TRU in Concord Mills. I left all of the rest, if anyone in that area is still looking. This store also has the formerly exclusive Wal-Mart Clone Wars 2-packs.

Reaction score
Finally found a couple of new CW figs at Wal-mart in Hillsborough this weekend. Cold weather Obi-wan and Firefighter droid. That was it, the pegs are full of warmers.

Reaction score
Hit 5 stores today. No sign of CW w3 in any. Im still missing Hondo and bly from the other waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.