New North Carolina Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Here's a new section for North Carolina posting.

Set up at the request of BryanSimmons.

When a post reaches 500 replies, please start a new one with the same title and new version number, and then use "Report a Post" can close it for you.

Have fun!

Reaction score
No offense intended, but it is about time. Any chance the previous five threads can be moved in here?

Reaction score
Nice to be out front! We needed this and lets keep it rolling. Nothing last night except plenty of Indiana Jones.

Reaction score
Gregorious said:
No offense intended, but it is about time. Any chance the previous five threads can be moved in here?
No offense, but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth!

Reaction score
Tigersith said:
Nothing last night except plenty of Indiana Jones.
But it's not even new Indiana Jones stuff. Just the same figures from May over and over again. Which is why the stuff ain't moving, because kids and collectors have already bought these figures ... four months ago!

I am starting to see more Anakin's Modified Jedi Starfighters in TCW vehicles line, though. Even found it down in Rock Hill, SC.

Reaction score
we finally got our wish! yippeee! the walmart in durham on 15/501 and 40 intersection has the new sw legacy comic packs, but only the mando/leaia/dengar/durge/tor skoll packs. i didn't see the imperial knights/cade packs.the at-te are $99 and the bmf is 149. anyone read the force unleashed novel yet? i read the graphic novel and i don't play video games, so the novel is my next purchase.

Reaction score
2 finds today.
1.Wm on New Bern Ave in Raleigh has the new Legacy Comic Packs- Dengar etc that wave.
2. Wave 3 Legacy at the Target in North Hills. I got a complete set of the figs. There were more left on the pegs.

I

Reaction score
yeah no new indy kinda stinks.Ive seen the same figures on the pegs for over 2 months with no end in sight.ARGH!

Reaction score
2 things...

The wal-marts near me have gotten alot of the revision cases of Indiana Jones that contain only half of wave 3. Maybe those are the new cases you are seeing at your Wal-Mart

and

WHY CAN'T WE START NEW TOPICS??????? This is not any better than having our own thread in the General section. We could have a recent finds thread for each area of the state, a Indiana Jones section, a GI JOE section, a general conversation thread, etc....but no. Anyone know why we can't start a new post?

Reaction score
tarcanes92 said:
WHY CAN'T WE START NEW TOPICS??????? This is not any better than having our own thread in the General section. We could have a recent finds thread for each area of the state, a Indiana Jones section, a GI JOE section, a general conversation thread, etc....but no. Anyone know why we can't start a new post?
Philip_Wise said:
When a post reaches 500 replies, please start a new one with the same title and new version number, and then use "Report a Post" can close it for you.

Have fun!
Apparently, not even the guy that owns the site can figure that one out!

Reaction score
last night in Charlotte...

The "far South" Target on Rea Road in Charlotte has the wave 5 G.I. JOE comic book two-packs (the Destro w/ gold head). They had new JLU three-packs, too (I bought a Captain Atom pack and a Question pack).

Reaction score
Re: last night in Charlotte...

Today, I picked up the two Wal-Mart exclusive Force Unleashed 3-packs. Had several of each left.

Reaction score

Target at Glenwood has wave 3 legacy. Left them all. Beleive it or not but I cannot find a scuba trooper. I got 2 when they first came out and gave them to my sons. Now, I can't find one for me.

Reaction score

dirty_d said:
Today, I picked up the two Wal-Mart exclusive Force Unleashed 3-packs. Had several of each left.
Where these an endcap, display, on the shelf? Where they in the toy dept, video game dept, or the front of the store?

Reaction score

Rogue9Horn said:
Found wave 3 Legacy at Target on 15-501 in Durham tonight except for Jodo Kast.
Found wave 3 Legacy at Wal-Mart in Kernersville, including Jodo Kast. But he was the last one I found. He was hiding on a top peg and all the way in the back. I picked up 2 each of the death star engineer and saleucami trooper and 1 each of dooku, Yaddle/Evan Piell and Jodo Kast.

There were 2 Evan Piell's at Wal-Mart. One had a really hot pink scar on the face and the other one was much much lighter. Which one was the better choice?

Also, the local Gamestop had the Felucia Stormtrooper sitting behind the counter and said it would be given out on Monday/Tuesday at midnight to those who buy the game.

Reaction score

Hi guys...I live in South Carolina...but North Carolina is close by. Didn't see a thread for this little state.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
dirty_d said:
Where these an endcap, display, on the shelf? Where they in the toy dept, video game dept, or the front of the store?
Found these in the toy department on the shelf in the normal Star Wars section.

Reaction score

hey eweb, the TRU in durham had some scuba clones as of last weekend. i saw a couple as i was walking by, but didn't check all the pegs so there might be more.

Reaction score

pookie9121 said:
Hi guys...I live in South Carolina...but North Carolina is close by. Didn't see a thread for this little state.
well, since NC is close to you, I guess we can let you in...plus, we already have Tigersith in here too...and no one has complained about him...so, welcome...

Reaction score

dirty_d said:
tarcanes92 said:
dirty_d said:
Found these in the toy department on the shelf in the normal Star Wars section.
ok....thanks...

Reaction score

pookie9121 said:
It doesn't get much traffic, but there is a thread:

Anyone collecting in South Carolina?

Meanwhile, I spotted the Marvel #68 & #69 Comic Packs at Wal-Mart in Lincolnton. The two Legends packs were all gone, though.

Reaction score

Picked up legacy wv.3 at Target yesterday and picked up the wal mart force unleashed pks. as well. Now to find those new comic pks.

Reaction score

Found all the new SW comic packs at Toys R Us. They had two of each Legacy comic packs and I left with one of each.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
pookie9121 said:
well, since NC is close to you, I guess we can let you in...plus, we already have Tigersith in here too...and no one has complained about him...so, welcome...
thanks.

i haven't seen the new Unleashed 3 packs in columbia yet hopefully after work i can find them .

Reaction score

Found two of the not-so-well-regarded Lars Homestead sets at the Winston-Salem TRU today. Shelled out my $50 for my igloo and rat and went on my merry way.

Reaction score

Went to the TRU in Durham but missed the scuba troopers. I did see 4 of the new B-wings. They are horrible. Ill stick to the older versions. They look like a kid painted them with red spray paint.

Reaction score

sorry you missed out on the scuba troopers eweb. i'll look out for them in the durham area and let you know if i find them. i went to the walmart on roxboro rd off of 85 and found the new wave of iron man toys(1 each of capt. america armor and underwater armor) i bought the underwater guy(reminds me of the stealth armor, but left the capt. amer. version on the shelf. they didn't have the satellite armor. single carded joes are non-existent. they had a bunch of the two packs of anakin/dooku, clone/wookie, and stormie/lando, but no legacy packs yet.

Reaction score

pruette said:
Found two of the not-so-well-regarded Lars Homestead sets at the Winston-Salem TRU today. Shelled out my $50 for my igloo and rat and went on my merry way.
I picked up the other one...

Reaction score

Whats it like to find new stuff? In the wilmington area I have not found anything new since the original wave of new stuff!

Reaction score

WILMNC said:
Whats it like to find new stuff? In the wilmington area I have not found anything new since the original wave of new stuff!
When I find new toys, **brrrr** I get the sensation of cold crisp mountain air against my face as I race towards liftoff in the whole world championship SKI JUMP!!

sorry....

Reaction score

So I went to two Targets in the Durham/Chapel Hill area. Found all of the new Clone Wars wave (Super Battle Droid, Clone Pilot Oddball, Commander Cody, and Ahsoka Tano) at the one near Southpointe and two Super Battle Droids and Ahsoka Tano at the one off of 15-501 (One of each are gone). Has anyone else seen these? I didn't know they were supposed to be out.

Reaction score
G.I. JOE in Charlotte

For those of you collecting G.I. JOE, the Midtown Target has (as of thirty minutes ago):
1x Flash
1x Major Bludd
1x Snow Serpent
1x B.A.T.
1x Cobra Rattler
1x Conquest X-30

For superhero fans:
Justice League Unlimited six-packs, both the Gorilla Grodd pack and the Attack From Apokolips pack
Hasbro Marvel Legends Red Hulk wave, including variant Wolverine

Reaction score
Re: G.I. JOE in Charlotte

In Charlotte, found wave 3 of Legacy (minus Yaddle) and all four of the new comic packs. Haven't seen wave 2 of the Clone Wars yet.

Reaction score
I emailed Phillip Wise and informed him of our inability to start new topics. He has since made the correction. And we can start our own topics now!

Reaction score

eweb said:
Went to the TRU in Durham but missed the scuba troopers. I did see 4 of the new B-wings. They are horrible. Ill stick to the older versions. They look like a kid painted them with red spray paint.
Hey Eweb, I was just in the Durham TRU... I live near there. They still had some of the Scuba Troopers. There are two on the bottom peg of the small center display next to the service desk. LMK if you want me to see about picking one up for you.

Reaction score

Let me think....YES. I've got a meetings at UNC MOn and Tues. I can meet you and pay you back.

Reaction score

Picked up all of wv.2 clone wars animated, all four new comic pks. (Talon-Cade wv. including a second variant with no lightsaber and no lightsaber hilt) at Target and the lars homestead playset from TRU!

Status
Not open for further replies.