New Member with some POTF2 questions

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the Rebelscum Forums and I'm glad to be here among fellow collectors and fans. I grew up with the original trilogy and had a few of the vintage toys (mostly from Return of the Jedi), but they have mostly disappeared over the years.

I collected nearly all of the POTF2 figures when they came out and nearly all of them are still MOC. I liked them for a while...but it's time for me to sell them and get a more concise, vintage collection which means more to me. I have a friend whose grandson loves Star Wars. I was thinking about selling some of my POTF2 figures to her ($5 each) to give to him for his birthday coming up in May. I think it's awesome that I can find a good home for some of the figures and even more awesome that a kid will get them and have fun playing Star Wars like I did when I was a kid. So, here is my question to any POTF2 collecting experts:

Before I sell them, is there a reliable source where I can check for POTF2 variants and their approximate value? I want to make sure I'm not getting rid of a variant that might be worth more than a few bucks. I've read things about long saber/short saber variants for Luke and Obi-Wan, some Boba Fetts have a circle on their gloves, etc. Obviously, the grandson is going to take them out of the package and play with them, so I don't want to accidentally sell some rarer variant by mistake. Any advice on this would be much appreciated. (I thought in general, the red carded figures were all very common, so I was going to sell those).

I also have an additional POTF2 question to anyone that can help:

I have an Electronic Power F/X Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi, a 1996 Electronic (Han Solo) Heavy Blaster and a 1996 Electronic Blaster Rifle still in their original packages. Unfortunately, I never took the batteries out of them and am worried that the batteries have leaked/exploded by now. They have been in one of those rolling plastic totes from Walmart (like this) for a few years and packed away with some lightsabers (no batteries in those, thank goodness). If anyone else has these same blasters/figure still in package, have their batteries corroded/leaked? I've seen some on eBay and wondered just how long those "Try Me" batteries last.

Normally, I'm super careful of removing all batteries from all toys before storing them, but for some reason, I overlooked these two blasters and this Obi-Wan.

So anyway, it's great to be here and thanks to the Admins for letting me join this Forum.

Reaction score
I don't know about these specific original batteries, but a few years ago, I unpacked my PotF2/TPM figures and ships, and the batteries I put in the X-Wing and Naboo Fighter around 1997 / 1999 respectively had leaked.

Reaction score
Pictures of the figures would help to determine if there are any variants among them.