New MEGO retro figures

Reaction score
Not seeing wave 2 figures at my Targets. They also moved the figures off the end cap and into the aisle. Looks like Dracula and Jimmy Hendrix from wave 1 are all gone.
It was a month to a month and a half (I think) from the release date for wave 1 before I saw them in my store. So I assume wave 2 is going to be similar.

Reaction score
I found a Gorn 3 weeks ago at a Target I don't visit often, but never saw any more of the wave 2 figures I wanted. Tonight, I found Frankenstein and a second Gorn (for opening) at my local store. I wish I could have found them last week when Megos were on sale. Now, I'm just looking for Spock and Kelly Bundy.

Reaction score
I found Paul Stanley from Kiss last week on sale for under $10! The face paint sucks since he looks cross-eyed.

Reaction score
Yes, Wave 2 of these figures is tough to find. I really hope the regular carded Mr. Spock gets re-released at some point in the future; I couldn't find a trace of this anywhere.

I wonder if we'll see Wave 3 before we see anymore of Wave 2 - LOL.

Reaction score
Here's the interesting thing about these new Cheers Mego figures & my theory as to why Mego may have produced these:

While I have 0 interest in getting any of them, seeing them on the Mego Target endcap this past summer got me re-interested in the show itself. So, while I haven't been buying the Cheers DVD's, I have been getting them out of my local library. I'm currently on the third season; though I had seen some of the show back in the day, I hadn't watched it comprehensively/chronologically - before now. I plan on watching the whole series at this point, in order.

So, I wonder if that was the idea of these releases of the Mego figures of old TV shows, i.e. Cheers, Married with Children, etc. I know Target sells DVD sets of these TV shows (either in the store, or possibly online on their site). So, were one of the reasons they requested these TV character choices because they wanted people to get re-interested in these shows & buy the DVD's from Target?! Sure, the show is also available streaming, but the streams I've seen of Cheers aren't as good as the DVD's, which have remastered Picture Quality (PQ).

I.e., I can see someone seeing a "Norm" or "Peggy" figure on the shelves @ Target & then being reminded of the show; they they walk past the home video section & see a boxed DVD set of "Cheers" or "Married with Children", and are then tempted to buy the set(s) due to the nostalgic memories that were elicited from seeing the figures (even if they don't want the figures). Or, the opposite happens - people buy a DVD set of these shows, and then see the Mego figures on the shelf, which further reminds them of the show - and, they're tempted to buy the figures because of the nostalgic memories they evoke.

It's all about marketing.

Reaction score
Saw some of what must be wave 3. 2x Star Trek Romulan commander, comes w/ helmet. And 1 wizard of oz cowardly lion single card. Still no sign of Frankenstein.

Reaction score
since posting the above, I've seen a restock of the same series 2 or 3 times, and Happy Days Chachi seems to warm pegs w/ Peg Bundy, TFOL Tootie, Bewitched Sam, Charlies Angels, BB Alice, Charmed, still no Frankenstein BUT scored the Wolfman for Christmas gift for my wife. Wish I can find Ol' Frank this week to add to wolfie. Funny, the female characters tend to clog pegs and do not look like the intended character as much as the males. I also saw the Scottie/Uhara (sp?) Star trek 2 pk. He looked like Scottie but she looked nothing like Uhara. I have the original 1970's Uhara that I customized into X-Men's classis Storm and the likeness back then, far exceeds the likeness of these new sculpts, especially the females. Some males look passible as their intended character but the females, IMO, are failures.

Also, I read somewhere that in 2019, these will be available elsewhere and not just target excls. Maybe i could find ol' frank then, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Utilizing the Buy 2 get 1 Free sale they were having on Mego figures a week or so ago, I got: The Gorn, Kirk x2, Romulan Commander, Cowardly Lion and Action Jackson (as a christmas gift). All off target.com.

Reaction score
My bad, Sulu, not Scottie. Must been the red shirts that threw me off w/ names earlier.

Reaction score
I have seen Gene 3 times in stores. He ships in the same case as Chachi and Sabrina, so if you see those 2 hanging out, you missed the Genes. Fans of Brady Bunch, Charmed and Star Trek may want to keep watch on the website, as many of those figures are now marked down to $6.49 (and if found in store, yes Target will match the website)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone know various case ratios? We all complain about Hasbro's case ratios but at least 1 of each char in a wave is packed in the case but these seem kinda random and not all of a given wave is present in a case.

Reaction score
I have not witnessed a case being opened, however I have been to a Target 2 days in a row and witnessed an obvious restock. Based on the new figures added, I would guess 2 of each character per case (for example one of the Wave 3 cases: 2 Genes, 2 Chachis, 2 Sabrinas). They mix cases with different lines in each wave. Like you wont see a case of only Star Trek figures, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got to witness a case opening....2 Genes, 2 Sabrinas and 2 Chachis. 1 gene though suffered bubble-gait, lol. they also restocked some older figs like Paul Stanley, which had better paint aps than the 2 I saw previously so I caved and bought Paul and Gene. But still NO FRICKIN' FRANKENSTEIN!! Maybe after holidays I'll find a returned one in good shape, LOL---Heck I even checked local Bargain Hunt (read Target sent some of wv2 there as they had no room for them instead of sending dust collecting peg arming wv1) but damn, that store looks as if a dump trunk dropped of their stock and no one bothered to straighten things out. Glad, in a way, I didn't find Frankie there

also regarding Frankie, at 2 targets on 2 different occasions, I gave a worker the dpci for Frankie provided by target.com and twice they store said had 3-4 in stock, but the worker came back w/ that many wolfmans and/or WOOz Lion so maybe Frankie's asst was replaced. The Gene case came up under a completely different dpci btw

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got to witness a case opening....2 Genes, 2 Sabrinas and 2 Chachis. 1 gene though suffered bubble-gait, lol. they also restocked some older figs like Paul Stanley, which had better paint aps than the 2 I saw previously so I caved and bought Paul and Gene. But still NO FRICKIN' FRANKENSTEIN!! Maybe after holidays I'll find a returned one in good shape, LOL---Heck I even checked local Bargain Hunt (read Target sent some of wv2 there as they had no room for them instead of sending dust collecting peg arming wv1) but damn, that store looks as if a dump trunk dropped of their stock and no one bothered to straighten things out. Glad, in a way, I didn't find Frankie there

also regarding Frankie, at 2 targets on 2 different occasions, I gave a worker the dpci for Frankie provided by target.com and twice they store said had 3-4 in stock, but the worker came back w/ that many wolfmans and/or WOOz Lion so maybe Frankie's asst was replaced. The Gene case came up under a completely different dpci btw
Do you have the DPCI for the Gene wave?

Reaction score
Do you have the DPCI for the Gene wave?
I used this DPCI straight off of target.com on the Mego--Gene page UPC: 852404008713
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-2577....my wife filed away the receipt already so i'm not sure if Paul shared same DPCI as Gene like how it seems Frankenstein and Wolfman appear to do. I wonder which one is next Ace (my guess) or Peter (Funny they are naming them by nicknames so I guess to avoid Ace/Peter vs Tommy/Eric confusion LOL

Reaction score
I used this DPCI straight off of target.com on the Mego--Gene page UPC: 852404008713
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-2577....my wife filed away the receipt already so i'm not sure if Paul shared same DPCI as Gene like how it seems Frankenstein and Wolfman appear to do. I wonder which one is next Ace (my guess) or Peter (Funny they are naming them by nicknames so I guess to avoid Ace/Peter vs Tommy/Eric confusion LOL
Awesome, thank you! Ace would be my guess too. Who wants a figure of Tommy and Eric anyhow, lol. I wish they would do Eric & Vinnie.

Reaction score
Is it confirmed this line is going to continue beyond wave 3? Thought I heard some rumors it wasn't going to be a Target exclusive anymore as well. It'll be a travesty if we don't get a McCoy...

Reaction score
My Target (appeared) to have finally restocked at some point. Skipping over wave 2 entirely, there was probably five Chachi figures. No 'desireable' figures to be seen, no kirks, no Kiss, etc. I did much to my surprise and joy, score the single Screaming Werewolf figure. So that was something. Tons of the second Mirror Mirror two pack. I forsee heavy clearance for those, especially that one where it doesn't have the heavy hitters of Spock and Kirk that the first set had.

Reaction score
finally sold one of my extra 12" SW 2000 era figs. So I used funds to get Frankenstein off ebay. Frankie arrived yesterday and I must say, in person, it looks great even w/o the neck bolts. My wife will be surprised come Valentines Day..(she thinks I finally gave up the hunt, eh she's partially right)

Reaction score
Images of three 2019 figures have surfaced (Legends line): Joe Namath, Muhammed Ali, and Farrah Fawcett (poster swimsuit).

Reaction score
Good news, everyone! If you want to start purchasing Mego figures wholesale, you can! Or if, like me, you just want to look at the new waves (with new individualized packaging!) you can do that here. Red-caped Dracula looks awesome! So does the new Romulan Commander. I'm disappointed they have to use the same packaging style as McFarlane's Trek figures, but, hopefully, they'll add something to fill in the empty space on the left side. Also, Bruce Lee!

Reaction score
Some nice new horror assortment they've got. Freddy looks great, and I'd be happy with a GID Frankenstein since I missed the first one.

Reaction score
I think I prefer the initial Frankenstein, glad I got a minty-one under 20 shipped. 1 popped up on target.com a couple days ago and shipping plus tax was more than the ebay price I paid so, I'm happy. Now I just gotta keep it hidden until valentines day...lol
But I guess Invisible Man is next to p/u as well as KISS Spaceman and Catman. I hope though when those 2 are released, the packaging isn't altered even though the new artwork photo look a lot better on these 2019 figures. Perhaps the best chance though of same package art is if those 2 remain Target excls

Last edited:
Reaction score
BBTS has the new figures up for pre-order here. I ordered the set of Trek figures and singles of the two vampires.

Reaction score
on ebay, i saw carded images of mego kiss' spaceman and catman. carded are identical (at least the front, i assume backside as sell) as the released Demon and Starchild

Last edited:

ksg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new Star Trek Mego phaser and communicator accessories are an exact match to the vintage 70's accessories? Im looking to buy vintage on ebay but don't want to buy a vintage price only to find out theyre new accessories.

Reaction score
Dunno if they're exact matches, but they're pretty close I'd assume. The forums over at Mego Museum would have some comparison shots to originals, I'd think.

The Wrath of Khan Spock has got to be one of the best figures they've released to date. Also, I managed to get a nice deal on Aragorn and Legolas, Aragorn in particular is a lot nicer in hand than in pictures. Legolas is about the same as you'd expect from pics. It'll be slick having the full fellowship in this style. Eventually.