New Kickstarter for Kenner Star Wars Photography Volume 3 1983-1985 by Kim Simmons

Reaction score
I think I I’m just going to back at the “Entry Level Book Backer” on this one. I can’t justify the extra $75 for an autograph and some post cards (Anyone want to buy my post cards from Volume 2?).

I’m still really looking forward to this book, but am a bit bummed that there isn’t a coin or a thicker special edition version this time around. Those were my favorite extras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a fool, or a foo like my son likes to say. Going for the package deal.

So, has anyone spotted the phrase 2nd out of 3 coins. ???

Does this mean he will release a coin for the first original book.

Reaction score
Dang, !!

First day not even half way through and it's already past $31,000.

Reaction score
That's how we got the last coin as well. Stretch goals. Remember the original stretch goal was for 2 coins but Kim lowered the amount and gave us 1 anyway after we reached the lowered stretch goal amount

Reaction score
Holy CRAP! The entry level book is now $225? That's a $100 dollar hike over the 2nd volume! I want to complete the trilogy, but damn. This one will have to be nicely tucked away on the credit card the wife doesn't see the statement for.

Reaction score
Holy CRAP! The entry level book is now $225? That's a $100 dollar hike over the 2nd volume! I want to complete the trilogy, but damn. This one will have to be nicely tucked away on the credit card the wife doesn't see the statement for.
It is a nice hike. Kim did respond to this on FB. Sounds like they undercharged last time around and lost some money.

Attachments

Reaction score
So I did ask Kim about the phrase with the 2nd of 3 coins. He replied saying it was a typo but they did talk about having the 1rst coin as a possible release but nothing set in stone yet

Reaction score
Just backed the book. Excited to finish the trilogy. Glad we are getting POTF, Ewoks and Droids in this one.

Reaction score
It's almost halfway there in less than 2 days. This one looks very promising.

Edit.. past halfway in less than 3 days. Awsome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
would be nice if the campaign posted some pics of the book. While I have vol 1 and 2, I am on the fence with vol 3 as the layout and design of these books leave much to be desired IMO.

Reaction score
would be nice if the campaign posted some pics of the book. While I have vol 1 and 2, I am on the fence with vol 3 as the layout and design of these books leave much to be desired IMO.

There's a shot of the book Kim's really good about updates and progress. Remember this is only the 4th day

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kim has all of his photos up in his web page gallery to see or order prints. The book will be similar to the last two. He said around 216 pages. I’m sure you will love it if you liked volume 1 and 2, and like the Jedi era of packaging/catalogue art.

Reaction score
It is slowing down. I hope we hit the 60 mark soon. That's when Kim will reveal more with the last goal plus an update

Share this link with your other social media sites please and thank you. Spread the word:cool:

Reaction score
If I had the first two, I’d go for this! I absolutely love Droids/Ewoks, so this would be a great buy! I’m glad that it obviously will hit its mark.

Reaction score
If I had the first two, I’d go for this! I absolutely love Droids/Ewoks, so this would be a great buy! I’m glad that it obviously will hit its mark.
That's kind of why he is offering the mini book. You'll get all 3 in mini form plus some extras if and when stretch goals are hit.

Reaction score
There are 2 levels that include the first two books. One for the regular edition of the second book and one for the special edition of the second book. Both are limited to 20 each though, so if you want all 3 don't wait too long.

Reaction score
They are big beautiful books! I’m sure the ROTJ one would be be great as a stand alone, if that’s your favorite era of toys. And the mini-book covering all 3 volumes is also included in that tier.

Reaction score
That's kind of why he is offering the mini book. You'll get all 3 in mini form plus some extras if and when stretch goals are hit.
The Mini book is just a small sample from each book so it’s not really a replacement for the books.

Reaction score
Meh. I'll probably buy this book too. TBH, as far as 3.75" goes, ROTJ/POTF is the only era I remember firsthand. So the pics in the ANH and ESB book don't mean much to me, besides the Micro stuff.

Reaction score
Time to bump .

Just under 25,000 to go and less than 5,000 for Kim to reveal some goodies after the 65,000 March 1 goal has been reached

Reaction score
There’s a lot of time left. I’m betting it will be quiet until closer to the end date. There should be a huge spike in the last few days.