New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
I wish the Mando wave had been like half Mandalorian characters and half relevant Kenner reissues (Tusken Raider, Jawa, Biker Scout, etc).
They should have simply expanded the wave to include: Tusken Raider, Jawa, and the Biker Scout. Along with a new Rodian / Greedo alien figure. Though then people would have complained about the card back.

🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
I already own loose Kenner SW figures, with missing weapons, battered and sporting well-played with paint jobs - so I’m all in for picking up the RC figures as I don’t have any equivalent vintage Kenner figures on card (except for x3 Kenner Droids figures carded).

BTW: this is not me justifying my collecting decisions as I don’t need to - simply explaining my collecting preference and approach.

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish the Mando wave had been like half Mandalorian characters and half relevant Kenner reissues (Tusken Raider, Jawa, Biker Scout, etc).
Those are solid picks that would have complimented the assortment. I'm a bit concerned that Kuiil, Greef, Gideon, and Cara are going to pegwarm - which may in turn hurt the line more than help it. Mando, IG-11, and Grogu seem like sturdy choices though. Those three, along with some OT classics would have been a nice wave. It really feels like too much Mando at once, and its a clear sign that Hasbro can produce a whole wave of unmade OT characters as well, they don't need to be limited to pack-ins with a game. At least we know for future waves, that if Hasbro chooses to neglect the OT, that its on them, not based on demand from collectors.

Reaction score
I don't see why it's baffling. I'm sure there are plenty of people that grew up w/ OT who lost their childhood collection, like most of us did who bought/buy these who are not avid collectors like us. If anything they may get back to collecting and broaden our community. That's probably what Hasbro's intent is with this line. I think a lot of collectors think Hasbro should only be thinking of us when they make products.

As far as buying figures we already own, it's our money and we choose what to do with it. Don't buy figures we already own? That line of thinking is baffling. Why not take it to the next level and just stop collecting all sw lines altogether, since I have 99% of the figures on screen? It's a hobby, there's no rules we should adhere to, pursuit what makes you happy.
It was a question and it was answered so stop giving me crap for asking a legitimate question...Ignore user where?

Go away you not answering the question your being a smart ass that think you should buy 50 of the same figure...more power to you who cares....I can voice a question without getting "taken to course" by someone who don't see the point...

Last edited:
Reaction score
A 'Mando related', original Kenner sculpt, on Mando cards would have been pretty interesting!

I'm in for pre-orders on a couple sets of the Mando release as it is, so that would have just been icing.

Reaction score
I already have the Kenner figures loose, but I like the red Retro sticker and I like seeing these old guys on card.

Also, it just started, so it’s way easier to “collect them all.” I’ve never had an entire run of any one line, so this might be a fun way to be a true completist!

Reaction score
Also, it just started, so it’s way easier to “collect them all.” I’ve never had an entire run of any one line, so this might be a fun way to be a true completist!
Totally feel this way. “Collect Them All” is so burned in my head from the old kenner days...

PS: to Carnor_Jax. Dude. The only hostile posts in this entire thread is you. You roll in here... basically telling everybody that they are stupid for collecting what they collect. Then get all butthurt when some respond with the mildest of snide. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reaction score
Totally feel this way. “Collect Them All” is so burned in my head from the old kenner days...

PS: to Carnor_Jax. Dude. The only hostile posts in this entire thread is you. You roll in here... basically telling everybody that they are stupid for collecting what they collect. Then get all butthurt when some respond with the mildest of snide. 🤷‍♂️
So if someone says I'm going to buy ALL of the vintage figures my store has even in multiples I can't voice my opinion....That's not hostile that's being observant and people just can't accept that someone else looks at things differently....Fan Boys

Oh BTW if I was going to call anyone out I would have done it by now....Now's who's butt hurt?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud. “Collect Them All” was THE Kenner slogan for the ENTIRE vintage line. It was all over the packaging for years and years... The message was buy one of each... it was not some deranged mantra instructing everybody to routinely wipe out a store’s entire inventory... 🙄

D3386159-492D-43B8-A351-C5E12C6123FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud. “Collect Them All” was THE Kenner slogan for the ENTIRE vintage line. It was all over the packaging for years and years... The message was buy one of each... it was not some deranged mantra instructing everybody to routinely wipe out a store’s entire inventory... 🙄

View attachment 372802
So what?? I've seen and known people to buy EVERY figure I don't care if that is or is not the norm it's my opinion why can't you just accept that and let it go??? It's great that people want to but 50 of the same figure?? That's not me I expressed and opinion move along...

Reaction score

View attachment 372802
I do buy multiples when I find them. If I didn't a few folks here wouldn't have them. On top of that collenting here is extra hard. Multiple shops in the area either have toy department workers on payroll, or they grab a cart and wipe the shelf out. Rather pass them along to fellow scummers.

Reaction score
Troopers, Jawas, tuskens, deathsquad commanders, guards. On and on. Those figures were certainly buy as many as you can for army building .

Definitely nothing wrong with that. I think every kid imagines having rows of troopers behind Vader. Or a bunch of Jawas hanging out with R2

Reaction score
Troopers, Jawas, tuskens, deathsquad commanders, guards. On and on. Those figures were certainly buy as many as you can for army building .

Definitely nothing wrong with that. I think every kid imagines having rows of troopers behind Vader. Or a bunch of Jawas hanging out with R2
Or a dozen odd vinyl caped Jawas like in the Woman's Day Outer Space Station...

Reaction score
So did anyone catch they are pulling Cara from Mandalorian. And now her figures are being pulled from Hasbro.

Wonder if the preorders will have them or these will never hit the shelves.

What's the standard protocol with cancled items?

Needless to say, this will be a sought after figure

Reaction score
So did anyone catch they are pulling Cara from Mandalorian. And now her figures are being pulled from Hasbro.

Wonder if the preorders will have them or these will never hit the shelves.

What's the standard protocol with cancled items?

Needless to say, this will be a sought after figure
It has been confirmed she will still ship with the Retros.

Reaction score
I’m sure there only will be one run of these, but the original shipments will go to stores. I think it’s because they already are slotted for inevitable shelving. The pre-orders on “future” figures in TVC and BS are cancelled.

Reaction score
They aren't canceling any new products, they're simply not carrying forward repacks with her likeness. Everyone had plenty of time to pick those up originally, so I frankly don't see the issue - none of them are rare. The Retro figure has a generic likeness, so that wont be a problem when it comes to paying an actor royalties. This is likely why Disney doesn't want product out their with her face - so they don't have to pay her going forward. I have no doubt that they retain likeness rights though, as with nearly every actor ever to be in a SW project.

Reaction score
I guess it’s as the Retro wave is further along in production. I like the look of the figure so. I am happy she is still coming. Although that could change.

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll change Cara Dune's cardback photo. They could decide to homage cardbacks like Boba Fett and Anakin Skywalker that used artwork instead of a real photograph. Then they change the face in the artwork just enough that it isn't Gina Carano. I'm not saying that they'll do this for sure but depending on how far along the figure is in the process of production it's possible they'll do this.

Reaction score
I think (fingers crossed) this is her only canceled release. She’ll crop up in future years’ Mando releases when they need variety.