New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
The Sarlaac game would be expensive, but worth it if they gave them actual paintjobs instead of giving us original styled pieces. They looked like they forced kids at a summer daycamp to paint them using watercolors.
ROFL! I remember seeing it in a catalog, wanting it really bad, then seeing one ripped open at Toys R Us, and thinking man I dodged a bullet.
I'd love a Mon Mothma and a Slave leia. also a Y-Wing pilot, which was pulled from the fansstrikeback set in favor of putting him in a Return of the Jedi set. I am supposed to get the remaining 12 around November 25th. I will share photos of course.

Hasbro has really dropped the ball with these.

Reaction score
ROFL! I remember seeing it in a catalog, wanting it really bad, then seeing one ripped open at Toys R Us, and thinking man I dodged a bullet.
I'd love a Mon Mothma and a Slave leia. also a Y-Wing pilot, which was pulled from the fansstrikeback set in favor of putting him in a Return of the Jedi set. I am supposed to get the remaining 12 around November 25th. I will share photos of course.

Hasbro has really dropped the ball with these.
You bought the fansstrikeback set?

Reaction score
The Mandalorian Retro Collection will be available for preorder on Monday 10/26.

The Mandalorian figure will come with a vinyl cape.

Baby Yoda will come with the pram.
Oooh. Where did you hear this? I hope your info about tomorrow proves true! I’ve heard about this wave, but the preorder news is NEWS!!! I will be sure to tune into Mandomonday tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up!

Reaction score
Oooh. Where did you hear this? I hope your info about tomorrow proves true! I’ve heard about this wave, but the preorder news is NEWS!!! I will be sure to tune into Mandomonday tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up!
I hate the fact that they do this smack in the middle of the most busy time of my work week. Hope you have to order these bythe set.... Otherwise this will be a disaster.

Reaction score
I now see Mando TVC which apparently just redirects to Wal Mart’s dot com. But still no Retro.

Reaction score
Word of Advice: If you want these on perfect cards, order from BigBadToyStore. It's $74.99 for all 7; the extra $4.99 is worth getting them in great shape in my opinion. These are going to come trashed from Amazon, Target, etc

Reaction score
Word of Advice: If you want these on perfect cards, order from BigBadToyStore. It's $74.99 for all 7; the extra $4.99 is worth getting them in great shape in my opinion. These are going to come trashed from Amazon, Target, etc
This is a great point. I just did the same at Dorkside. Thanks!

Reaction score
Do you or anyone on here have experience with Dorkside? Do they ship mint with the shipper box? They don’t advertise the mint compared to EE so I’m curious.
I can say this: I've ordered over 100 various figures from BBTS, and they all come perfect. Don't even pay for the collector upgrade; the standard quality is always tight, like a tigerGoldmember1.jpg

Reaction score
Do you or anyone on here have experience with Dorkside? Do they ship mint with the shipper box? They don’t advertise the mint compared to EE so I’m curious.
I've had great luck with dorkside in receiving boxes/cards in great shape so far. I ordered the first set of retro figures from them when I couldnt find them in store and all worked out well. I'm an opener for the most part but always get an extra set of these to keep on card.

Reaction score
I'm going to pre-order them, but honestly, in toy collecting in general I'm getting sick of the 8+ month out preorders. Something about it just sucks all the fun right out (even if they don't bill you until shipping).

Reaction score
I got a case at Dorkside plus a few extra random items for free shipping. So I have 2x Mando and one of everyone else coming in May.

Gotta go lookup the Monoply now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those who want a factory sealed case of the Mandalorian Retro collection, I think Dorksidetoys is the way to go. After doing some research, I believe the case assortment will contain 8 figures inside hence the additional Mandalorian figure they are selling with the set. It cost a little extra because you are getting an additional figure, but let’s be honest, we all wouldn’t mind an extra Mandalorian figure.

Edit: Sorry for confusion, I see that EE is also selling 2 Mandalorian figures in the set as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread-
Really wish they would have used say the new Vintage Boba Fett figure from the (retro ESB Collection)-for Mandalorian and painted him like the Mandalorian. How cool that would have been. Same for IG88-Use the original mold paint him like he is in the Mandalorian. Ugnaught-How cool would it have been to have used the classic vintage figure and make him up like he is in the Mando TV Show. For baby yoda use the Vintage collection retro Yoda scaled down and slightly modified. For Moff Gideon Greef Karga you could have used a Vintage SW Body and did a new head for them.
Something about these just don't
look right to me. Some look (in my opinion) really bad as well. They remind me of the GG jumbo Figs. There just off.

Reaction score
I think the IG-88 looks pretty much like what you suggest.

The other look different as their characters look different in that their clothes, etc are actually different. To simply cannibalize everything from vintage releases wouldn’t be true to the character designs...

Reaction score
Surprised to see these still available this morning. That's great news, scalpers be damned. Hopefully Hasbro finally sees the light and starts pumping out new waves in a reasonable timeframe.