New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC
There is likely a ROTJ wave still waiting in the wings, Mando is simply popular, so Hasbro is of course going to exploit that with products in every line. Who knows if they'll cover the PT, ST, and cartoons - I agree with what you're saying, nothing outside of the OT, Droids, & Ewoks had a vintage Kenner line, so other new media doesn't have retro nostalgia. That being said, Hasbro is doing what Funko & Super7 have been doing for years and creating a manufactured nostalgia of sorts by making these figures.
The RoTJ wave is more then likely next year, if i were Hasbro I'd just release another wave of ANH's first 21 after the RoTJ/Mando waves and then the next year hit more Empire and the next year more Rotj/Last 17/Ewoks-Droids. This way every year there's a wave of figures from different vintage media in the retro line while being able to drop in hot properties (like Mandalorian is currently) for boosted sales. This would give the retro line longevity beyond the handful of figures of each OT movie per year we've gotten so far.

Reaction score
The RoTJ wave is more then likely next year, if i were Hasbro I'd just release another wave of ANH's first 21 after the RoTJ/Mando waves and then the next year hit more Empire and the next year more Rotj/Last 17/Ewoks-Droids. This way every year there's a wave of figures from different vintage media in the retro line while being able to drop in hot properties (like Mandalorian is currently) for boosted sales. This would give the retro line longevity beyond the handful of figures of each OT movie per year we've gotten so far.
There is enough for them to focus on and not do ROTJ until '23 when the 40th for Jedi rolls around. I agree with doing more of the first 21. Especially the last half of the first 12. Which may actually happen now that Hasbro confirmed the Pram coming with the Razor Crest will have Vac-Metal. Let's say the rumors about Retro Mando figures is true. That would be 2021, then they do the last half of the original 12, then it would be 2023 for ROTJ.

Reaction score
Why waste a wave on new figures from a new story ?
Why even remake the originals at all? Buy true vintage, there is plenty out there. I actually loathe this line, outside of NEW characters, which truly should have been the focus / the line.

Bring on the Mandalorian. I explained in detail in another thread why this makes perfect sense.

Reaction score
I totally agree , love the show but I only collect Kenner 3.75 , so this is perfect to add to the other retro figs I introduced in my Kenner display , Luke snowspeeder and tarkin. This is cool and exactly what I wanted out of the retro line (other than a rotj set and a POTF set), new unmade figures !!! Really hoping they continue to make Figures like Tarkin and Luke snowspeeder. Basically unmade OT figs , especially if all aren’t on a board game.
Only problem is they aren't figures we wanted and didn't get back in the day or POTF... Replica makers doing a better job. You can get ev9d9, Yak Face pop up R2 and Amanaman repros now...

Reaction score
Of new media, I’d love to see Kenner style new figures from both Rogue One and Solo - especially:

Rogue One:

* Jyn Erso
* Cassian Andor
* Shore Trooper (Scarif)
* Death Trooper
* Blue Leader (Basically X-Wing Pilot Luke in
blue flight suit)
* Rebel Fleet Trooper

Solo:

* Han Solo
* Q’ira
* Lando
* Han Mudtrooer
* Mimban Stormtrooper
* Patrol Trooper (Corellia)
* Beckett
* Val

:)

Reaction score
Personally speaking, I found out that I missed my chance to get a AFA graded Canadian POTF2 Ben Kenobi for $35. Which is not a big loss since shipping would be another $35 (DHL) and it was the long lightsaber variant.

So with that line in mind, I would not mind seeing them do "retro" variants of characters they exclusively made for POTF2, POTJ, and Episode I. Including some of their mail away figures as well. And generally go from there.

Reaction score
Why even remake the originals at all? Buy true vintage, there is plenty out there. I actually loathe this line, outside of NEW characters, which truly should have been the focus / the line.

Bring on the Mandalorian. I explained in detail in another thread why this makes perfect sense.
This is like saying LEGO should stop making red 1x2 bricks cause they're plenty of used ones available.

In a fantasy world, I want reissues of all 93 and I want them all to stay on actual brick and mortar shelves simultaneously for at LEAST 5 years.

Since I actually like Star Wars figures as objects in and of themselves, I want them to be readily for sale. If my Dengar breaks I don't wanna trawl eBay for a sticky, yellow thing with weak joints and no gun, nor pay big money for one.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there is a lot to not-like about this line. Given what I see other companies do every year, there's probably no good reason Hasbro can't profitably release these in waves of 20 or so, plus a few accessories, and keep them around awhile. I didn't really follow Hasbro/SW for years and when I came back to it (after following other toy companies and seeing their MO's) I feel like Hasbro just tries to cash in quick for quartely bonuses for execs, by engineering a false scarcity. That kind of marketing BS is why I won't buy diamonds.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there is a lot to not-like about this line. Given what I see other companies do every year, there's probably no good reason Hasbro can't profitably release these in waves of 20 or so, plus a few accessories, and keep them around awhile. I didn't really follow Hasbro/SW for years and when I came back to it (after following other toy companies and seeing their MO's) I feel like Hasbro just tries to cash in quick for quartely bonuses for execs, by engineering a false scarcity. That kind of marketing BS is why I won't buy diamonds.
As a person who wants to collect again, I can relate to how you feel. But I also blame those who have done enough harm to the fandom that Hasbro is playing it a little too safe. Which is why I am only hoping they will use the original POTF line if they ever do decide to make this not be a "store exclusive" here. At this point it is the only excuse I have left when it comes to me collecting their Retro Collection line. 😩

Reaction score
As a person who wants to collect again, I can relate to how you feel. But I also blame those who have done enough harm to the fandom that Hasbro is playing it a little too safe. Which is why I am only hoping they will use the original POTF line if they ever do decide to make this not be a "store exclusive" here. At this point it is the only excuse I have left when it comes to me collecting their Retro Collection line. 😩
This goes back to the death of the action figure franchise writ large circa 1989. There is simply nothing to compare to the early to mid 80's Star Wars, GI Joe, or He-Man lines, and hasn't been for a very long time. Having "waves" instead of an actual collection is sadly the new normal.

Reaction score
This goes back to the death of the action figure franchise writ large circa 1989. There is simply nothing to compare to the early to mid 80's Star Wars, GI Joe, or He-Man lines, and hasn't been for a very long time. Having "waves" instead of an actual collection is sadly the new normal.
Blame the government... It all goes hand in hand, stemming from regulations. First it was the death of Saturday Mornings, Cartoons had to be balanced with educational programming per FCC regulations. Next they yanked the prizes out of cereals which also hindered advertisers, and companies looking to tie cereals to IP's. Then once the cartoons weren't profitable for the networks, they yanked all of them in favor of news and talk shows. The 80's formula was broken.... make toy, support with cartoon,side market stuff tied to the IP. It all fell like dominoes. now companies are struggling trying to figure out how to make a line interesting. Notice how many toys are now MOVIE based? and how those IP's get a ton of sequels and direct releases? face it, if DC and Marvel were not making movies the toys would not be so abundant. If a toy line needed resources, the IP could make money from sleeping bags, and cereals, Lunchboxes ETC, and the Cartoon was a vehicle to launch new product. all gone the way of the dodo.

Reaction score
Blame the government... It all goes hand in hand, stemming from regulations. First it was the death of Saturday Mornings, Cartoons had to be balanced with educational programming per FCC regulations. Next they yanked the prizes out of cereals which also hindered advertisers, and companies looking to tie cereals to IP's. Then once the cartoons weren't profitable for the networks, they yanked all of them in favor of news and talk shows. The 80's formula was broken.... make toy, support with cartoon,side market stuff tied to the IP. It all fell like dominoes. now companies are struggling trying to figure out how to make a line interesting. Notice how many toys are now MOVIE based? and how those IP's get a ton of sequels and direct releases? face it, if DC and Marvel were not making movies the toys would not be so abundant. If a toy line needed resources, the IP could make money from sleeping bags, and cereals, Lunchboxes ETC, and the Cartoon was a vehicle to launch new product. all gone the way of the dodo.
Blaming the government is a popular cop out.

There wasn't a Star Wars cartoon, and the GI Joe and He-Man toylines predated their respective cartoons. And it's not illegal to put prizes in cereal. https://www.mashed.com/200848/the-reason-they-dont-put-toys-in-cereal-boxes-anymore/

The regulations of tv (more the fault of specific moral busybodies than the gov't itself) haven't stopped My Little Pony, LEGO Star Wars, Playmobil Ghostbusters, etc. This is an ACTION FIGURE problem, not a TOY problem. There's a lot of GREAT toylines out there but I can't think of any great action figure lines. The stupid "waves" are part of the problem. Kids can't look at the back of a package and drool over more than say, 6 toys. Wtf? LEGO and Playmobil make darn sure you know what else is out there, and the lines are generally supported long enough that a kid can like what their friend has, ask for it for their birthday 4 months later, and by then, it can still be found on store shelves.

And the action figure problem goes way back. Late 1980's Kenner Batman was the rather abrupt beginning of the end IMO. Almost overnight, action figure aisles became useless to me (as a kid) compared with LEGO, Monster in my Pocket, Army Ants, toy dinosaurs, etc. I mean, what was there? An awful Batman line, T2, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Police Academy, Beetlejuice, and an increasingly corny Ghostbusters line. By the time Aliens/Predator figures temporarily livened things up I was outgrowing toys. And the aforementioned lines were dire. Usualy you got multiple costume changes for the titular character, no leading lady, you were LUCKY to get a faithful sidekick, one or two villains, or maybe costume changes for a lead villain... But like, Batman didn't even have Alfred. Robin Hood didn't have Maid Marion or her awesome backup Thugress. Wtf? How you even supposed to play with that line?

The DickTracy line was actually pretty neat now that I look back on it but as a kid I wasn't going to invest in it even though we liked the movie. TMNT was ok but they didn't sustain an ongoing collection, so staple things like Splinter, or "normal" turtles instead of exotic costume variants, were not widely available. Barnyard Commandos and Food Fighters were just a joke. I hope no in our school secretly liked them because of how much we made fun of those sad toys. Swamp Thing figures did look cool, but, again, lacked any sort of obvious story driven play value due to lack of background characters and such.

I think we're also seeing such a shift in media consumption that Saturday Morning cartoons aren't going to be able to compete with Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc.

Edit: Not trying to come off as being mad at @Lobotscomb I've just been irritated by the sad state of action figures for, seriously, over 30 years now. And it's not like I was stuck on my early childhood, I jumped in with both feet to plenty of new-fangled non-action figure toylines ater Kenner SW folded.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is like comparing apples to oranges to coconuts. :whistle:

When it comes to today, Hasbro does a whole lot more for Transformers than they do for Star Wars. And while both are licensed by them they never felt the toy-end of any backlash the Michael Bay films received. Which resulted in their worse once being that they overproduced Bumblebee. And the best being that they do far more for this franchise than they did for their Generation One stuff.

As again with Star Wars, there were two short lived cartoon series (Droids and Ewoks). But they are better received today when compared to anything put out by Disney. Which has us suffer because those “fans” are one of two factors Hasbro has to deal with. Hence why I personally have given up on them for the time being. And instead started to focus on their older stuff. 😩

Reaction score
Also there has not been a great new IP in a long long time. I mean something original, not a rehash or a licensed ip...

Reaction score
That is like comparing apples to oranges to coconuts. :whistle:

When it comes to today, Hasbro does a whole lot more for Transformers than they do for Star Wars. And while both are licensed by them they never felt the toy-end of any backlash the Michael Bay films received. Which resulted in their worse once being that they overproduced Bumblebee. And the best being that they do far more for this franchise than they did for their Generation One stuff.

As again with Star Wars, there were two short lived cartoon series (Droids and Ewoks). But they are better received today when compared to anything put out by Disney. Which has us suffer because those “fans” are one of two factors Hasbro has to deal with. Hence why I personally have given up on them for the time being. And instead started to focus on their older stuff. 😩
While I agree 100% with your first paragraph, I have to disagree the first sentence of your second. I don't remember anyone liking Droids and Ewoks back in the day and I definitely don't think anyone likes them better than any of today's Disney products (ST, Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, etc.). Can you even view them anywhere (Droids and Ewoks that is)?

Reaction score
Also there has not been a great new IP in a long long time. I mean something original, not a rehash or a licensed ip...
Well, one could argue Harry Potter was a new IP. And for a lot of us the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe was new (I never read any of comics, although I was familiar with Captain America and Hulk).

Reaction score
Blaming the government is a popular cop out.

There wasn't a Star Wars cartoon, and the GI Joe and He-Man toylines predated their respective cartoons. And it's not illegal to put prizes in cereal. https://www.mashed.com/200848/the-reason-they-dont-put-toys-in-cereal-boxes-anymore/

The regulations of tv (more the fault of specific moral busybodies than the gov't itself) haven't stopped My Little Pony, LEGO Star Wars, Playmobil Ghostbusters, etc. This is an ACTION FIGURE problem, not a TOY problem. There's a lot of GREAT toylines out there but I can't think of any great action figure lines. The stupid "waves" are part of the problem. Kids can't look at the back of a package and drool over more than say, 6 toys. Wtf? LEGO and Playmobil make darn sure you know what else is out there, and the lines are generally supported long enough that a kid can like what their friend has, ask for it for their birthday 4 months later, and by then, it can still be found on store shelves.

And the action figure problem goes way back. Late 1980's Kenner Batman was the rather abrupt beginning of the end IMO. Almost overnight, action figure aisles became useless to me (as a kid) compared with LEGO, Monster in my Pocket, Army Ants, toy dinosaurs, etc. I mean, what was there? An awful Batman line, T2, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Police Academy, Beetlejuice, and an increasingly corny Ghostbusters line. By the time Aliens/Predator figures temporarily livened things up I was outgrowing toys. And the aforementioned lines were dire. Usualy you got multiple costume changes for the titular character, no leading lady, you were LUCKY to get a faithful sidekick, one or two villains, or maybe costume changes for a lead villain... But like, Batman didn't even have Alfred. Robin Hood didn't have Maid Marion or her awesome backup Thugress. Wtf? How you even supposed to play with that line?

The DickTracy line was actually pretty neat now that I look back on it but as a kid I wasn't going to invest in it even though we liked the movie. TMNT was ok but they didn't sustain an ongoing collection, so staple things like Splinter, or "normal" turtles instead of exotic costume variants, were not widely available. Barnyard Commandos and Food Fighters were just a joke. I hope no in our school secretly liked them because of how much we made fun of those sad toys. Swamp Thing figures did look cool, but, again, lacked any sort of obvious story driven play value due to lack of background characters and such.

I think we're also seeing such a shift in media consumption that Saturday Morning cartoons aren't going to be able to compete with Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc.

Edit: Not trying to come off as being mad at @Lobotscomb I've just been irritated by the sad state of action figures for, seriously, over 30 years now. And it's not like I was stuck on my early childhood, I jumped in with both feet to plenty of new-fangled non-action figure toylines ater Kenner SW folded.
Love your insight! As someone who got out of toys in the mid-80s, its interesting to see how those who were still in them in the mid-80s to mid-90s viewed them.

I still believe that the post-video game crash (ie post-Atari NES ) video games is what killed action figures.

Reaction score
Well this forum selects out for people who don't follow new IP's. Apparently kids are into some new toylines called "Fortnight" and "Beyblades". I keep seeing those in the toy aisles and they look like they're for actual kids. Also something called "Trashmen" or "Trashmonsters" or something?

Oh also. Calico Critters appear to have gone mainstream (didn't they used to be relegated to fancy little educational toy mom and pop stores?) and Polly Pocket is back? But those aren't new IP's.

Reaction score
While I agree 100% with your first paragraph, I have to disagree the first sentence of your second. I don't remember anyone liking Droids and Ewoks back in the day and I definitely don't think anyone likes them better than any of today's Disney products (ST, Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, etc.). Can you even view them anywhere (Droids and Ewoks that is)?
The reason why I stated that is because there was internet or social media back then. Plus it was a Saturday morning cartoon hour. Ewoks lasted two seasons, while Droids only lasted one. Where as Droids ended up being popular enough to have a comic annual when both were published by Star Comics. Which is why I say that when compared to the Disney era of franchises, both series are better liked. Simply because we never got to hear some "fan" have a literal meltdown because C-3PO and R2-D2 were animated, and they hate animation, etc.

And as of right now... I am sure YouTube might have a few episodes pop up. Both series, no matter how bad they might be compared to today's standards, would be fun to see in their Legends run. So if you like I will check that out when I have the time.

Reaction score
I liked Droids & Ewoks as cartoons, because when they aired, I was a little kid. I adored the Ewoks action figure line, and still enjoy them as an adult. I remember buying some of the figures at a local grocery store, and played with Logray & King Gorneesh especially for countless hours. It makes sense that a teenager or adult collector might not be into them in the 80s, but the nostalgia burns brighter these days. I'm willing to bet if Retro ever jumped into the unreleased Droids & Ewoks figures, there would be plenty of buyers now. I'd still love a Morag figure!

Reaction score
Regarding the Droids and Ewoks lines, when I re-entered collecting Vintage Star Wars as an adult, these where completely new to me, which fascinated me to know end, and thus I'd since hunted the entire production line, including a couple of authentic UDEs, and filling in the remainder with customs. Via these actions, there was nothing to do with the cartoons, though along the journey, I've seen the readily available releases and think they are pretty terrible. :)

Decline of toy lines likely doesn't have a single cause, and if I'd venture a guess, I'd say 'Government Interference' doesn't rate anywhere in the top 100 reasons. ;)

However, if I were pressed for a leading cause, I'd say it has to do with the fact that are a more options available and it is already hard enough to get attention on a single focus. Let marketers run the world and you'll have a new 'hot' every single day.

Reaction score
Isn't that version of Leia a Jabba's Palace character?
Lol! I could go for a really well produced ROTJ Leia - either Jabba Prisoner or Ewok Village version.

Unproduced figures are a tough call to say which would be best, given only one. Years ago, I'd have said Han Stormtrooper, except it was relatively easy (though not necessarily inexpensive) to make a custom. Even figures like the Imperial Spy, Sandtrooper, and Rebel Fleet Trooper were straightforward with modest skills.

How about a Y-Wing Pilot? How about a removeable helmet Vader? Yoda or Ben Ghost? What about going really wild and making a battle pack with a diverse group of Endor Rebel Commandos, including Nik Sant in Biker Scout disguise? Just recalling some of the concepts that have been posted here in the vintage customs threads.

On the subject of non-OT potentials into this line, what makes a 'Retro' figure different from the 5 POA figs from the PT/ST and other non-OT sources such as Rogue One, The Mandalorian, etc.?

Reaction score
Well, one could argue Harry Potter was a new IP. And for a lot of us the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe was new (I never read any of comics, although I was familiar with Captain America and Hulk).
Fortnight, and Harry Potter, and especially Marvel existed as something other than a toy long before there were Toys. Things like Crystar,Masters of the Universe,Wheeled Warriors,Bravestarr, Inhumanoids, Visionaries...all existed as toys before they got a story fleshed out through Comics,Cartoons,Movies etc... Nobody is willing to develop an IP based on the strength of the toys themselves any more, It's eithertoo risky or not worth the effort.

Reaction score
Lol! I could go for a really well produced ROTJ Leia - either Jabba Prisoner or Ewok Village version.

Unproduced figures are a tough call to say which would be best, given only one. Years ago, I'd have said Han Stormtrooper, except it was relatively easy (though not necessarily inexpensive) to make a custom. Even figures like the Imperial Spy, Sandtrooper, and Rebel Fleet Trooper were straightforward with modest skills.

How about a Y-Wing Pilot? How about a removeable helmet Vader? Yoda or Ben Ghost? What about going really wild and making a battle pack with a diverse group of Endor Rebel Commandos, including Nik Sant in Biker Scout disguise? Just recalling some of the concepts that have been posted here in the vintage customs threads.

On the subject of non-OT potentials into this line, what makes a 'Retro' figure different from the 5 POA figs from the PT/ST and other non-OT sources such as Rogue One, The Mandalorian, etc.?
A lot of fun options on your list including a few I actually considered.

One of the differences as the Retro style sculpts.

Reaction score
We have Tarken out of ANH. We have Battle of Hoth Luke out of ESB. I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on who would be a good candidate for a potential "previously unreleased" figure from the ROTJ Retro line.
Mon Mothma is the obvious choice for the ROTJ line. Its was a huge omission from Kenner back in the day.
I'd say the most obvious choices for unreleased figures would be Tarken, Han Stormie, Mon Mothma, Rebel Fleet, Sandtrooper and Wedge ( I read somewhere the actor that played Wedge is seriously p#£sed he never got a figure :D I don't think they'll do a slave Leia, in this day and age having a women slave in a bikini is a bit too risky.

I agree with the above comments about doing the unrealised Droids and Ewoks figures. That would be very cool but maybe a bit too niche for Hasbro.

Also agree with the above comments about Gov regulations ruining sat morning cartoons. Transformers, MASK and the rest were basically 30min adverts for the toys. As soon as regulations came in that cartoons had to be educational those cartoons disappeared and we got crap like Captain Planet and Dougie.

Retro Wave 3 is an easy pass for me. Wave 1 was brilliant, I have them on display on the book shelf, Wave 2 was ruined by those big fugly bubbles, I have them sitting in a box in the garage. Hopefully Hasbro will get back on track with wave 4.

Reaction score
There's SO much they can do with this line. Stan Solo and The Fans Strike Back are hitting on some of these but I'd love to see Hasbro take a shot too. Just off the top of my head...

Cantina band
Wuher
Duros
Lak Sivrak (wolfman)
The Twin Sisters
Muftak
Kabe
Space Helmet guy
Dude Obi-Wan speaks with before Chewy
Admiral Motti
Captain Antilles
Rebel Fleet troopers
Wedge
Biggs
Every Astromech and Protocol droid imaginable
All the Jawa and Lars droids
Captian Nieda (sp?)
Admiral Piett
Toryn Farr (Ion control)
Mon Mothma
Moff JeJerrod
Y-wing pilot

The cantina scene alone could provide us with some really fun figures.

Reaction score
I don't see much value in trying to predict what Hasbro will do based on some "pattern" of past waves, or least of all based on logic. What I want them to make that hasn't been made by Kenner:
Mon Mothma
Aunt Beru
Toryn Farr
Tonnika Sisters
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Generic Imperial Officer in a green ESB/ROTJ uniform
Noa
Teek
Cindel
King Terak
Sanyassan Trooper
Charal

I really hope they don't make a slave Leia. The older I get, the more uncomfortable that whole thing makes me. Not appropriate for a toy. Super weird scene and an early example of George's general flightyness and inconsistency. How do we get from "no jiggling parts allowed in ESB, tape them things down" to "take off all your clothes"?

As long as I'm dreaming that they'll release actual female action figures... since Kenner's clothing and accessories always had a lot of Kentucky Windage when it came to colors, can't we just fiat some diversity into the supernumeraries? Like, release some vaguely brown skinned, ethnically ambiguous, troop builders? I'm trying to raise my kids to be better than me, IF YOU DON'T MIND, HASBRO.

For the love of glorb, PLEASE no Hayden Christiansen ghost of Anakin Skywalker. Why do I hate the prequels? Because I literally can't ignore them when they keep digitally tweaking the OT to be "prequel compatible". And refuse to make the old versions available for new high definition tv's.

When I was a kid we loved Droids & Ewoks. We also loved the live action Ewok movies. This is basically my rebuttal to the argument of "My kid likes the sequels/prequels" or "I grew up on Clone Wars!"... When we were kids we LOVED Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (starring teen idol Wilford Brimley!). That don't make it Citizen Kane.

We did not like the Droids and Ewoks action figures however: it seemed like "dirty pool" to make them visually incompatible with our SW figs. We felt that they shoulda made the Duloks et al vaguley realistic so we could just use the Ewoks, and R2 & 3PO, we already had. Also, why the heck was the Ewok line 2 Ewoks and 4 Duloks? Wtf? Weird. Finally, they got so discounted (probably two for a buck?) my mom said I could pick out two! I got Wicket and a Dulok Scout. Never played with them that I can recall. I did lose Wicket's spear but otherwise they survived complete with coins to modern times when I sold them for around $50 each. Pretty good return on mom's investment of $1. Mac's Toy World of Erie PA, may you RIP. You know something funny? I don't think a single store I ever recall buying a Kenner SW toy in, is still in business. Le sigh. Hills, Children's Palace, KayBee, Dahlkemper's, Fisher's Big Wheel, Brian's Hardware, Buyer's Fair, certain applicable K-Mart branches, all of them, gone! ...Shadow's and Dust, Maximus...

But I talk too much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Ewok Adventure movies would be perfect source material for Retro figures, because as a kid I certainly wanted figures from both. The Blurrg still remains my most wanted SW beast. I wonder if those movies are too niche to receive coverage in action figure form? Hasbro has covered a lot of obscure EU in previous years though. A couple of the characters, Kaink & Teek appeared in the Star Tours theme park ride years ago, so Disney / Hasbro released them as realistic figures in a multipack. It would be amazing to see them realized in retro form.

Reaction score
Unfortunately they see they can do a major cash grab from these, so the flood gates will open for prequel and sequel characters. this is one instance where selling by the set is a smarter move. That way we get Mon Mothma, because face it, she is pretty dull.

Reaction score
I really hope they don't make a slave Leia. The older I get, the more uncomfortable that whole thing makes me. Not appropriate for a toy. Super weird scene and an early example of George's general flightyness and inconsistency. How do we get from "no jiggling parts allowed in ESB, tape them things down" to "take off all your clothes"?
Can you feel my eye roll from there?

A MAJOR missing character from the ROTJ line-up. My vote is release the Sarlacc Pit game again, pack in Slave Leia. Done.

Eventually, she'll get made in vintage form. If Hasbro doesn't step up to the plate, there are other players that will. FansStrikeBack is about to drop the mic with their first '77 SW Wave.

Reaction score
Teek was also part of the Star Tours ride! He appeared in the safety video along with Wookies, Mon Cals, etc. boarding the ride.

The problem I see with Retro prequels as a cash grab is umm... there's a LOT of crossover between nostalgic retro fans, and prequel haters. Those figures sales' might crash pretty hard.

Slave Leia is no more missing than plenty of other stuff. Ultimately Leia got 5 costume changes, that's quite a few. When I was a kid Boushh sans helmet worked just fine for chaining to Jabba's throne. It's called "imagination".

They probably WILL make it, and I'll buy 3 like I always do, but, it's still weird. I'd rather have Mon Mothma. The original Crazy Eyes and still the best.

The Sarlaac game would be expensive, but worth it if they gave them actual paintjobs instead of giving us original styled pieces. They looked like they forced kids at a summer daycamp to paint them using watercolors.

Reaction score
Unfortunately they see they can do a major cash grab from these, so the flood gates will open for prequel and sequel characters. this is one instance where selling by the set is a smarter move. That way we get Mon Mothma, because face it, she is pretty dull.
ROTJ version seems like a space version of Miss Havisham or something, simultaneously boring AND crazy. R1 version however seems like she's killed before. Still, as a kid I did want a Mon Mothma figure because she seemed cool. I mean seriously though we even collected a costume change for friggin' Nikto and all EIGHT Ewoks back then so. Shut up and take our money.

Seriously. What was the point of having Warok AND Lumat?