New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
The photo is from the Nakano store.
They also have it at the Akihabara branch.
I don't know their connections, but they certainly got a couple of waves in.

You know, you raise a fair point about it being an import.
One that does indeed seem quite hard to find even in the States.
Therefore, all things considered, such a price shouldn't be too surprising.
I wouldn't part with the cash, but yes, someone will.
Thanks for the response. It's been more than two years since I visited both branches. So hearing this is the case, I wonder if Star Case is a cheaper option. They are in Suginami, and my 2017 visit to the shop has me planning to return in 2020-2021.

And thanks. My best guess is that a Star Wars otaku with money will buy it from them. It's something I am guilty of doing here. 😅 Thankfully I am not living there right now. Otherwise I might have been that Star Wars otaku with money. 😅

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. It's been more than two years since I visited both branches. So hearing this is the case, I wonder if Star Case is a cheaper option. They are in Suginami, and my 2017 visit to the shop has me planning to return in 2020-2021.

And thanks. My best guess is that a Star Wars otaku with money will buy it from them. It's something I am guilty of doing here. 😅 Thankfully I am not living there right now. Otherwise I might have been that Star Wars otaku with money. 😅
I often found Star Case a touch on the pricey side. Great stuff though.
I often have a browse in a few of the Book Off and Hobby Off shops around Tokyo.
Mandrake in Nakano and Akihabara has some good stuff in from time to time, but it's about going there at the right time.

Reaction score
I just received an update from Zavi

it seems the orders are still on but slightly back ordered

so those that did buy should be getting the same email update

looks like I get my Boba after all

Yep. Me too. I think they said it should arrive by November. Better late than never I guess.

Reaction score
how is it they underestimate the popularity of this line, and under produce them? WE all knew Fett was going to disappear fast how did THEY not know? or was it CARE?
I've never been a big Boba Fett fan. I mean, I like Star Wars, so of course I like Boba Fett to some degree, but he's really never been more than a minor background character to me. The vintage Fett figure has never held a special place for me either. I never owned one as a kid and it's never been a piece I fawned for.

Now that I have a retro Fett figure in hand... it's so cool! I love it! There's something about this guy that I really like. I don't know if it's the paint apps or the armor, but it's a great looking action figure.

It's a bit frustrating that these figures are so hard to find (I'm including the ANH wave with this). These are some of the few figures that I would buy a second set of to keep carded.

Reaction score
Many of us won't admit it, but the place in the old guard's heart comes from how this figure was marketed and released. He is the origi al sneak preview figure and we got him free. A figure that had your imagination run wild.... Who is he...where did he come from? Is that a jetpack or merely a missile? That mysterious aura was planted deep within and carried throughout his appearances until ROTJ. A fantastic looking figure that cemented the character with a deep rooted seed. At least from my perspective.

Reaction score
Many of us won't admit it, but the place in the old guard's heart comes from how this figure was marketed and released. He is the origi al sneak preview figure and we got him free. A figure that had your imagination run wild.... Who is he...where did he come from? Is that a jetpack or merely a missile? That mysterious aura was planted deep within and carried throughout his appearances until ROTJ. A fantastic looking figure that cemented the character with a deep rooted seed. At least from my perspective.
I definitely think the history/mystery of Boba Fett is a huge part of the appeal for many people. The vintage Boba Fett figure (specifically the missile-firing variant) is one of those “holy grail” type of pieces.

That being said, The Empire Strikes Back came out before I was born, so I didn’t really know about the Boba Fett figure until the 90s. I only had two of the vintage figures growing up, and Boba Fett wasn’t one of them.

I think it’s a testament to the lasting appeal of the vintage Boba Fett figure that someone (me) who has never been a Fett fan or a die-hard vintage collector can still get excited about this piece.

Reaction score
The detailing and armour on the original Fett figure always appealed to me.

I remember opening my ESB Fett at Christmas and being quite enamoured with it, having seen ESB at the movies (first proper cinema outing for me as a kid). The mystery of Fett was further embedded when I also received an ESB colouring-in book - in which there’s a pic of Fett standing in a keyhole-esque tunnel, with Flames coming from his gauntlet (which wasn’t seen in the movie, but hinted at, as seen below):

A53E04B2-F3EF-41FF-8032-850E88905856.png

Reaction score
Got an in stock alert for Fett just a little while ago...
I've hit the notify me button so many times I probably cancelled myself out. If you have the opportunity to get another one I'll gladly give you a little on top to make it worth your time.

Reaction score
With so many other potf and others that are too expensive for some, introducing newer characters ala super 7is disappointing.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting next wave of retro figures will be mandalorian. This is amazing.
Oh yes, bring it!
Have to say I'm in agreement. Hope they do some decent late era Kenner Star Wars style sculpts.

With so many other potf and others that are too expensive for some, introducing newer characters ala super 7is disappointing.
Hasbro has no safe path with these that will appease all. Maybe they could have just waited and finsihed out the Retro Collection with a small RotJ set and called it a day, may have been the only real winning option. If they stray to far one way towards certain vintage then people will scream bloody murder, and if they get too crazy and original then again an uproar.

Reaction score
Have to say I'm in agreement. Hope they do some decent late era Kenner Star Wars style sculpts.

Hasbro has no safe path with these that will appease all. Maybe they could have just waited and finsihed out the Retro Collection with a small RotJ set and called it a day, may have been the only real winning option. If they stray to far one way towards certain vintage then people will scream bloody murder, and if they get too crazy and original then again an uproar.
Yes, they're never going to please everyone. I have no issues with them delaying the inevitable ROTJ set for now. This is an easy two thumbs up for me, 6 (possibly 7) new displayable figures over 6 figures I already have. I wonder if the Mandalorian has a board game out that's not a themed brand like Monopoly, Operation, etc.

Reaction score
UPDATE: Figures in the assortment will include The Mandalorian, Cara Dune, The Child, Greef Karga, Moff Gideon, IG-11 and Kuiil
Oh, this is absolutely FANTASTIC news. ((happy dance)) I'm a strict only Vintage SW era collector, but adore what they are doing with The Mandalorian. This line is perfect for me.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC
IMO Hasbro should just drop the boardgame gimmick for newer characters in the Retro Line and make more retro waves (the other 6 from ANH and more from ESB) along with new figures that were never made for the OT in the retro style like Wedge, Yavin Ground crew, Biggs, Porkins, Hobbie, Janson, General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, along with the Mandalorian figures for hot sales per marketing research.

This way in a few years they'll finish the 3 original OT movies with sprinklings of Rogue One, Mandalorian and then the last 17.... .and if we're REALLY lucky.... "The Epic Continues" concept figures in the Retro style.

Reaction score
They shoulda just dropped all 93 in '98 and kept it up. Not resculpted everything every 10 seconds.

Anyways. I guess if this turn out to be true I'll make a custom POTF2 raider AT-ST or something. I love ye Olde Mandolloariun, but I won't be backing the $350 Razorcrest. I just don't see the value in it.

Also. They shouldn't discontinue things as soon as they come out. This whole "New!!! OOP!!!" thing is tiresome as cram.

Reaction score
This may not be a popular comment however, what does mandalorian and retro have in common period. How can they be retro when they are new.

Why waste a wave on new figures from a new story ?

So does this mean they will stop with original release figures and venture into new figures from prequels and now sequels.

I dont mind the retro look new figure wave, but what about the originals. Will they now stop or pepper in one old figure with 5 new ones?

Reaction score
There is likely a ROTJ wave still waiting in the wings, Mando is simply popular, so Hasbro is of course going to exploit that with products in every line. Who knows if they'll cover the PT, ST, and cartoons - I agree with what you're saying, nothing outside of the OT, Droids, & Ewoks had a vintage Kenner line, so other new media doesn't have retro nostalgia. That being said, Hasbro is doing what Funko & Super7 have been doing for years and creating a manufactured nostalgia of sorts by making these figures.

Reaction score
There is likely a ROTJ wave still waiting in the wings, Mando is simply popular, so Hasbro is of course going to exploit that with products in every line. Who knows if they'll cover the PT, ST, and cartoons - I agree with what you're saying, nothing outside of the OT, Droids, & Ewoks had a vintage Kenner line, so other new media doesn't have retro nostalgia. That being said, Hasbro is doing what Funko & Super7 have been doing for years and creating a manufactured nostalgia of sorts by making these figures.
Funko reaction figure line is pretty cool. I did buy the Jaws set and I have a Rocky.

I might be fun to have prequels/ sequels retro STYLE figures. I won't buy them because that train will NEVER stop. Not saying I wouldn't have a small focus if they released Rebels animated. My son and I have a collection of those, so I can see myself getting those. Seeing how they did black series, I would imagine they would go retro.

Reaction score
so at this point is the community pretty much sure we are never going to see an e-tailer release of the last wave wave that never stocked the shelves appropriately to begin with? we can expect the same thing with the actual mando figure in this release and if these are going to keep being discontinued and left to the secondary market I dont know if it will be worth trying to keep up with anymore.

Reaction score
I do believe fan channels will sell these on line like Entertainment Earth and big bad toys store sooner or later.

This covid crap is really bad though with factories being limited or down.

I'm an electrician and there is a nation wide shortage on breakers and now other petroleum based products are starting to have massive delays.

I think it's too hard to gauge a production based market at this point in time.

Reaction score
Really hoping that a Royal Guard, Biker Scout and Bossk hit next. More than anything, I'd like an Imperial Dignitary, but I don't suppose he's popular enough to be a front-runner. Maybe in a few years...

Reaction score
Oh, this is absolutely FANTASTIC news. ((happy dance)) I'm a strict only Vintage SW era collector, but adore what they are doing with The Mandalorian. This line is perfect for me.
I totally agree , love the show but I only collect Kenner 3.75 , so this is perfect to add to the other retro figs I introduced in my Kenner display , Luke snowspeeder and tarkin. This is cool and exactly what I wanted out of the retro line (other than a rotj set and a POTF set), new unmade figures !!! Really hoping they continue to make Figures like Tarkin and Luke snowspeeder. Basically unmade OT figs , especially if all aren’t on a board game.