New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
A Lego death star set modeled after the original vintage?
No. It's really hard to see (I don't know why WTrailer didn't point it out) but opposite the Penny Dreadful poster you can seethrough the back of another poster. It seems to say that it's a TVC Death Star. But it is hard to make out.

Edit: I just accidentally discovered that you can get it to scroll to a second image, of the front of that poster. Clearly shows the Kenner death star with a TVC logo. Who knows what this portends!

Reaction score
Yep. Sorry I should have told everyone to scroll to the right. Yeah it's a vintage Death Star play set w/ a Vintage Collection logo. Weird.

Reaction score
It does show the vintage style box with a Vintage Collection logo at the top, so I’m sure it’s coming. Might have to grab one for my 4 year old daughter...
If they did one for the vintage collection it had better benwell updated

Reaction score
If the coins were injection-molded rather than struck, they could be made more inexpensively - was the coin that came with the Sail Barge exclusive Yak Face made from plastic or aluminum?

That said, given that POTF is not a film title, and possibly not part of the Average Joe's childhood memory, it doesn't seem a likely release to me either, as this line seems to be targeted at an audience wider than toy collectors.

-M :)

Reaction score
My kids play the heck out of their collection. Sadly they have started requesting *shudder* prequel characters.

Reaction score
Congrats, they have taste! ;)
Not really. My girl likes them because of the Padme/Anakin love scenes which even the most diehard prequel apologist will admit are punishing to watch.

The boy just wanted Darth Maul to get a new kind of lightsaber accessory!

Reaction score
Not really. My girl likes them because of the Padme/Anakin love scenes which even the most diehard prequel apologist will admit are punishing to watch.

The boy just wanted Darth Maul to get a new kind of lightsaber accessory!
Ah well, as long as they're enjoying Star Wars of any description. At least the Episode One figures are hard wearing and able to withstand some serious play :)

Reaction score
I found some carded episode I figures second-hand the other day (at a local store) and the paint job on the sculpts is often phenomenal (example: Watto).

Padme’s civilian outfit from TPM has amazing sculpted fabric and detail / paintwork (IMO).

All associations with the PT and 5POA discussions aside, they were great figures at the time, and in some instances still are.

Anywho... :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
At least the Episode One figures are hard wearing and able to withstand some serious play :)
Yeah. I got a bunch of ST figures for them at a discount chain retailer. The thumbs seem unlikely to survive long with weapons being put in and out of the hands.

Reaction score
It does show the vintage style box with a Vintage Collection logo at the top, so I’m sure it’s coming. Might have to grab one for my 4 year old daughter...
Someone reached out to EE and they responded stating they will not be selling a TVC Death Star. Companies are known to deny rumors even if true, however.

Hasbro honestly really blew it with the Star Wars (ANH) and ESB anniversaries. They bring back TVC and have next-to-nothing for them. I like the 6" Black Series, but it was odd to omit TVC from the anniversaries. Heck, they could have made a lot more playsets and vehicles for the Retro line as well!

Reaction score
Someone reached out to EE and they responded stating they will not be selling a TVC Death Star. Companies are known to deny rumors even if true, however.

Hasbro honestly really blew it with the Star Wars (ANH) and ESB anniversaries. They bring back TVC and have next-to-nothing for them. I like the 6" Black Series, but it was odd to omit TVC from the anniversaries. Heck, they could have made a lot more playsets and vehicles for the Retro line as well!
I seem to think that more Esb Tvc will make its way out....there is a 3 pack supposedly.

Reaction score
I've always theorized that once the Star Wars modern toy line began to wane Hasbro would eventually reproduce the vintage figures. I believe that is where we are right now. Retro is here to stay and we will probably end up getting everything we've been discussing in this thread and more. I think Hasbro is being cautious to not to anger the hardcore vintage collecting community by using the faux weathering on the cards, using different colors for the weapons, etc. All very intentional. They could have easily gone the Ghostbusters route and made the cardbacks virtually the same.

I think they've been cautiously testing the waters w/ these knowing it has the potential to greatly upset the vintage collecting community. I'm sure they've known that there was a market for these for a long time. Unlike other lines such as TF and MOTU there seems to be a more purist attitude towards Star Wars. They have to walk a fine line w/ these. However, it does seem that the Retro line has been accepted overall by the community. There seemed to be a lot more friction back in the 90s w/ the classic 4 pack. The timing is finally right for these.

Reaction score
Has there been any indication the Empire Strikes Back figures will be available from any other online retailers other than Ebay? I've never seen them at Walmart and was hoping to get these.

Reaction score
Has there been any indication the Empire Strikes Back figures will be available from any other online retailers other than Ebay? I've never seen them at Walmart and was hoping to get these.
IIRC it was said they'd be available elsewhere later. If in doubt I would email Dorkside or EE directly and ask. I saw tons of these in Wal-Mart (after never seeing the ANH ones in Target). Sometimes I still run across a stray Han or Lando in stores.

Reaction score
IIRC it was said they'd be available elsewhere later. If in doubt I would email Dorkside or EE directly and ask. I saw tons of these in Wal-Mart (after never seeing the ANH ones in Target). Sometimes I still run across a stray Han or Lando in stores.
So I did some additional research on this and apparently at NY Toy Fair, Hasbro mentioned it was a “limited exclusive” to Walmart which implied it would be available elsewhere in the future, but nothing has been officially confirmed. It was around this time last year when EE started carrying Wave 1, but nothing so far for wave 2. I already emailed EE and I got a generic response of “I don’t know but check our website since we add new items everyday.”

Reaction score
My pick for the Retro POTF line would be -

Luke stormtrooper (my fave)
Han carbonate
EV 9D9
Amanaman
Yak Face
Imperial gunner

Please no Ewoks.
Well you can be sure there will be at least one Ewok. Most likely Wicket. You can be just as sure there won't be at least 5 out of the 6 on your list made. Luke Trooper being about the only one that might have a chance.

Reaction score
Well you can be sure there will be at least one Ewok. Most likely Wicket. You can be just as sure there won't be at least 5 out of the 6 on your list made. Luke Trooper being about the only one that might have a chance.
Not too sure about that. It is likely we could get a swerve and for ROTJ we could get Han Carbonite. Seems more likely than Luke trooper at the moment.

Reaction score
Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray. Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray. Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray.

My wife said I have to stop chanting it out loud.

Reaction score
Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray. Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray. Luke Jedi. Boush. Skiff Guard Lando. Biker Scout. Gamorrean Guard. Logray.

My wife said I have to stop chanting it out loud.
If you keep chanting it, Walmart will carry them again....shhhhhhhh.....

Reaction score
Before anyone criticizes this video, be mindful this is the same guy who mentioned months in advance that Wave 2 would be an ESB Wave and got majority of the figures correct when everyone thought Hasbro would complete the first 12. Here is what he has to say for Wave 3!

Reaction score
I would be depressed if wave 3 is amazon only. May as well guarantee that they’ll all be resold by parasites.

Also, why are these things only on the shelf a few weeks or months instead of at least a year? What's that about? And has anyone seen the Hoth game in stores? It's the only retro item I don't have. And I think I want 3 but the $30 price tag is making me hesitant.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would be depressed if wave 3 is amazon only. May as well guarantee that they’ll all be resold by parasites.

Also, why are these things only on the shelf a few weeks or months instead of at least a year? What's that about? And has anyone seen the Hoth game in stores? It's the only retro item I don't have. And I think I want 3 but the $30 price tag is making me hesitant.
Amazon has the Hoth game for $15 right now. I bought 3 myself when it was $20 and packaging was good and arrived in great condition.

Reaction score
still no word from EE or BBTS or anyone reputable if we'll be seeing specialty release on these? Just need Boba and that's it (like everyone else)

Reaction score
seems like these were up for preorder on the specialty sites way earlier last year... i get that COVID throws off everything but how about a tiny bit of communication in the meantime?

Reaction score
seems like these were up for preorder on the specialty sites way earlier last year... i get that COVID throws off everything but how about a tiny bit of communication in the meantime?
I think walmart putting them into clearance aisles now and the fact that the new setups eliminated their peg space makes it safe to assume that the exclusivity of these are at an end. Probably September for fan channel. And if so they need to make solid cases of Boba and Yoda available.