New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
Yes, slightly larger and have a date stamp as well as the "sticker" on the card is actually printed on it. I'm starting to feel better about this.
Looks like these figures are going to be a little bigger, just like the rocket-firing Boba Fett from a few years back.

Wt

Reaction score
Hasbro knows where their bread n butter is and when movie line sales drop, they always come crawling back! This is one of the most eventful Toy Fairs in recent memory and shaping up to be a great day for collectors! Keep it up Hasbro!

Reaction score
I hope that circle that says "RETRO Collection!" is a sticker or something that can be peeled off.

Reaction score
I might be a bit pedantic but the Tarkin mould is far too detailed to look like its part of the vintage line.

Maybe it should be on a POTF card when the sculptures got a bit better.

Reaction score
Where are we seeing the tarkin. Is it on the facebook link. Doesn't work right now.

I can see myself buying these. I did buy the mego retros when they came out. Still in the package. No, not vintage but they look cool and display well.

Reaction score
I might be a bit pedantic but the Tarkin mould is far too detailed to look like its part of the vintage line.

Maybe it should be on a POTF card when the sculptures got a bit better.

Yeah, I agree. Looks more like a POTF2 figure. I'm going to pass on that one.

Wt

Reaction score
So this is just a guess, but seeing how they used large head Han, they may not do the vinyl cape jawa or hollow cheek tusken raider. But, then again, they could have chase versions.

Reaction score
One things for sure. Poor AFA, UKG, and CAS’s job just got more difficult. Think about how many reproduction Leia blasters will get submitted as vintage once these get released. Best thing to do would be to not support these....
That is why I'm glad I'm finished with my loose set . I will probably buy these and just hang them on the wall. They can serve as a back drop to their original counterparts. It's more of an art piece for me.

Also, I wonder if they will go with the large size kenner. Maybe the unreleased lukes, leia ,han and lando

Last edited:
Reaction score

Not my photo I just pulled it off the net

Looks like they offer tarkin with this game.

Reaction score
There are a few photos in the search engines. I couldn't find tarkin so I did the search. Looks like he comes carded as well, but the figure wasn't shown. Only the card. Then I spotted the game with him in it.

Reaction score
Is that intentional edge wear I see on the game? Lol yup and the mocs they gave edge wear. Wow, good think tank engine there at hasbro- i give them big credit!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great photo, thanks for sharing. Looks pretty good to me and fits the vintage look. I was concerned when others said he looked more like a POTF2 figure.

So what about the DTs. I posted the picture above.

Reaction score
Target.com has the preorders sold out to those looking to get into these. I assume after market purchases or possibly an in-store launch?

Reaction score
Just heard that a Hasbro employee at their booth claimed there is no difference between the vintage accessories and blasters and the vintage ones. He claimed they did their homework”. That’s not the best news for the vintage market...

Talking looks really cool, but the rest are just copies to me....

On a positive note, at least the backs are different...

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are some better pictures over at banthaskull.com, they're not DT sabers.
thanks for the link.

Not really the vintage series fan, however I may buy this Jabbas palace as a back drop piece. Pretty cool

Reaction score
Just heard that a Hasbro employee at their booth claimed there is no difference between the vintage accessories and blasters and the vintage ones. He claimed they did their homework”. That’s not the best news for the vintage market...

Talking looks really cool, but the rest are just copies to me....
I'm also concerned about the jawa. Vinyl is cheaper than cloth. We will see what happens when wave 2 pops. Not concerned about the hollow cheek tusken raider because it would be more work for them. Also, TIG will get a hold of these and do a comparison pretty quick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought about this a bit, and I think when it comes to the weapons, they will probably be made from the same softer, more rubber like plastic they have been using on the modern figures for the last few years. I still say in hand, these are going to be very easy to tell from true Vintage.

I truly hope they use the vac metal process for the droids. Or there is almost no point in even releasing them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Someone or something pulled all the pics off the search engines. I went back to my page and they were all gone. Same with other engines.

Reaction score
I thought about this a bit, and I think when it comes to the weapons, they will probably be made from the same softer, more rubber like plastic they have been using on the modern figures for the last few years. I still say in hand, these are going to be very easy to tell from true Vintage.
Chewys bow caster looks really shiny and dark black. So far so good. Meaning we can tell the difference

Last edited:
Reaction score

I truly hope they use the vac metal process for the droids. Or there is almost no point in even releasing them.
all this sounds good to me. i feel like now i get to join in on how things felt whe nthe gift pack came out in 94. i hear it was the same sort of atmosphere as now.

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident these will have their tell tale signs like those from 94. My concern is "how far are they going"

I'm fine with these and truth be told, I will buy them. They will be wall hangers and nothing more.

What I'm worried about is the ungoing figures. The vintage series is still going.

Will they make a blue snag? Will they go as far as the last 17? Vinyl cape jawa, early bird set, unreleased large kenner figs. That's what I want to know. If so, yes, the market will see an impact.

Also, will they reboot the mailers?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say, and I think more than a few people would agree with me, Tarkin is the only figure in this line I am going to try and track down.

Now, don't get me wrong, Hasbro has a decent idea, in giving us vintage Kenner styled figures, but not like this. Personally, I figured (I'm just so punny) they would give us figures like Tarkin, Rebel Fleet Troops, Y-Wing Pilot, Dr. Evazan, Wedge, Slave Leia, and Stormtrooper Han, but I was apprently wrong.

Will Hasbro release more figures that were originally missed? Who knows?

Should they? Yes. That's exactly what this line should have been.

Reaction score
I think that's what most of us were hoping for. The packaged figure looks cool and separates itself enough from the originals. The loose is another story. I'm concerned about the line going on and on, rebooting figs that are hard to come by. Also, the early bird has many forms. What will stop them from doing it with these?

Reaction score
People complaining about not getting Tarkins then they get Tarkin,, yet still complain. Good Lord. They are going to have stamps for the precious secondary market most of us loath anyway. I am fine with these and think the Tarkin/Board Game thing is an amazing way to do this plus the Jabba's Palace diorama and the Skiff is enough to say Hasbro won the day. Now, they need to figure out who to distribute this stuff, but that is another matter. I am thinking if there is a Wave 2 we get the droids, Greedo, maybe a Rebel Trooper and Biggs. On top of a Cantina diorama with some aliens.

Reaction score
People complaining about not getting Tarkins then they get Tarkin,, yet still complain. Good Lord. They are going to have stamps for the precious secondary market most of us loath anyway. I am fine with these and think the Tarkin/Board Game thing is an amazing way to do this plus the Jabba's Palace diorama and the Skiff is enough to say Hasbro won the day. Now, they need to figure out who to distribute this stuff, but that is another matter. I am thinking if there is a Wave 2 we get the droids, Greedo, maybe a Rebel Trooper and Biggs. On top of a Cantina diorama with some aliens.
According to banthascull.com the figures are target exclusives in july . The board game will be in multiple retail stores in may