New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
The Hasbro rep that said the basic Retro figures were coming back to retail clearly misspoke, because they aren't slated for release at any known retailer. They're still available via some online "fan channel" sites though, I believe only by the case / set - not sure anyone still has individuals for sale. Still no word on future waves.

Same with the prototype Vader Retro figure - that's gone from the website and apparently at random stores, it was never fully distributed - I've never once seen it for sale on Target's website or at retail. The hoarding was ridiculous - there are some people with a dozen or more, and many of us with nothing. If anyone has a spare, I'm most interested in the red helmet / purple torso combo - shoot me a PM if you have one for sale / trade.
I have an orange helmet if you are interested. I bought 2 and ended up with the same 2. Lol

Reaction score
I have an orange helmet if you are interested. I bought 2 and ended up with the same 2. Lol
Thank you for the offer, I do appreciate it, but I am going to try and secure a red helmet / purple torso if I can. Since I only plan to own one, I'm hoping to get my favorite color combo.

Reaction score
Weirdly the first 'wave' showed up in the toy aisle at Asda in the UK - every store seemed to get just one box of six which has never been replenished in my store. I don't get why Asda took them at all then had them in such limited numbers.

I also don't understand why they haven't shipped full cases of storm troopers. I would lose my freaking mind if I had the opportunity to buy half a dozen pristine, white, tight limbed stormtroopers.

Reaction score
Weirdly the first 'wave' showed up in the toy aisle at Asda in the UK - every store seemed to get just one box of six which has never been replenished in my store. I don't get why Asda took them at all then had them in such limited numbers.

I also don't understand why they haven't shipped full cases of storm troopers. I would lose my freaking mind if I had the opportunity to buy half a dozen pristine, white, tight limbed stormtroopers.
That's exactly how it happened here. Target stores got one or two cases in most locations. To make matters worse they were nestled away in small spots in the Menswear department for Father's day. Most people were not fortunate enough to get them until months later on the internet. They were only ever sold in cases of 6, 1 set per case. To make matters worse those, the vintage collection Han Stormtrooper,and trash compactor Luke were all exclusives which were marked down to $2.50 within a month or so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I watch all the Hasbro panel Q&A at various comic cons...yeah, I really need to get a life :D

One thing Hasbro always say is how they were caught off guard with how popular the Retro figures were.

Entertainment Earth has these up for pre order for January, so I'm taking an educated guess these will be released in much larger numbers in January ?

Reaction score
I watch all the Hasbro panel Q&A at various comic cons...yeah, I really need to get a life :D

One thing Hasbro always say is how they were caught off guard with how popular the Retro figures were. Entertainment Earth has these up for pre order for January, so I'm taking an educated guess these will be released in much larger numbers in January ?
I wouldn't hold my breath on it, the last outing they dried up pretty quickly as well. I wonder if the new ones will have the paper inserts too like the Euro releases??

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on it, the last outing they dried up pretty quickly as well. I wonder if the new ones will have the paper inserts too like the Euro releases??
Only Europe has the paper inside the bubble. I'm not a layer but I believe Its a legal requirement in Europe to put the chocking hazard on paper in the bubble, TVC also have them inside the bubble.

The rest of the world has the chocking hazard printed on the front of the card in the top right corner.

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why these are sitting on ebay. No one is buying them or even bidding on them. People who want a set are still wanting . This is certainly a confusing release

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why these are sitting on ebay. No one is buying them or even bidding on them. People who want a set are still wanting . This is certainly a confusing release
Once series two hits, people will scramble for them. Most believe there will be one more run at them. I know some places say they will have them in January, Including Dorkside. I am wondering if they will be the euro release.

Reaction score
Very strange. I think Hasbro is marketing these towards the scalpers who hoard them to put them up on eBay. Perfect example is the proto-Vader.

Wt

Reaction score
I'm not worried about finding these at retail when Wave 2 hits because they're a guarantee on ebay. The extra price is worth not having to keep wandering around Target.

Wt

Reaction score
*A new Q&A on the front page pretty much confirms the continuation of Retro, for those in doubt - based on their wording, I'd expect to see more basic figures, and perhaps another figure/game combo - but no vehicles (at least for now).

Q: Will the Retro Collection expand to vehicles?

A: Steve Gilbert – In terms of the retro collection, we saw great success in that with the figures we launched and with the inclusion of the game, being able to include the figure in the game. We saw the success of that so we’re looking to build on that in the future, right now there are no plans for vehicles but it would be a great direction to take it, and we’re taking that back to the team.

Reaction score

You CAN preorder a case of six Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
All of the holiday sales have come and the big cyber push is in full force.

I guess I was just holding my breath to see if they would sneak something out for Christmas. Bahumbug they say. :cry:

Reaction score
I would love to see them release some vehicles. How awesome would it be, if they updated the old Kenner X-Wing to have an open droid socket for R2 to fit in.

Reaction score
Only Europe has the paper inside the bubble. I'm not a layer but I believe Its a legal requirement in Europe to put the chocking hazard on paper in the bubble, TVC also have them inside the bubble.

The rest of the world has the chocking hazard printed on the front of the card in the top right corner.
I picked up 2 Leia's and a Han in Tokyo.
One Leia with no paperwork and another Japanese version Leia and Han with Japanese stickers. These both have the paperwork behind the figure.
Japanese stickers front and back of the card.

Reaction score
I picked up 2 Leia's and a Han in Tokyo.
One Leia with no paperwork and another Japanese version Leia and Han with Japanese stickers. These both have the paperwork behind the figure.
Japanese stickers front and back of the card.
Can you show a pic of those please . They sound interesting

Reaction score
Per Wtrialer's link, I also keep hearing rumors that Hoth Han, Lando, Yoda, Bossk, Boba Fett (I SOOO hope so) and Luke Bespin will be the ESB wave, with C-3PO and R2 possibly in there somewhere. If these are indeed the choices, Boba Fett is a guarantee buy for me. I have my original still, so might even get two and throw my original in the card to make for a nicer display even. The rest are not so exciting to me.

Maybe, maybe Bossk, Yoda and the droids but again not super thrilled by those potential options.

Reaction score
Hopefully, they will at least make new vintage looking sculpts for the already existing figures and weapons, so they aren’t the same as the “authentic” vintage ones. The last thing the hobby needs is more repro figures and accessories floating around the market...
If they just do it the way they did the last ones, they are significantly different enough that it should reduce the cheaters market more than anything else. 95% there to hit you in the nostalgia receptor just fine but anyone who mistakes them for original deserves what they get lol. thet are stamped with modern etching and current year as well as the weapons being SIGNIFCANTLY underscaled to originals (but still look like the originals on display so again good balance of difference and faithfulness to the originals).

I say it will reduce the cheaters market because less people will buy repro accessories "for display purposes" when they can get a minty complete carded figure for 10 bucks. This will reduce the number of figures that circulate back into the market with repros (sellers of these display repros tend to be honest and disclose that, but the flippers who liquidate these collections on the whole perhaps a little less so.)

Reaction score
I understand everyone's frustration about these especially if you've invested a good amount of money in vintage. However, for me its never been about the money. I love the idea of re-issues because you can have brand new minty figures for low cost. I just spent $1300 last month alone on vintage. This is what I've wanted since they released the POTF2 line back in the mid-90s. I couldn't be more excited.

Wt
Amen brother. The problem with spending that much on a figure is that the first time you run into financial trouble, those are one of the easiest things to sell (at a significant loss I might add) so its like a vicious cycle. When your car breaks down and you fall behind and you need about a thousand dollars fast, its a quick trip to the comic shop or buyer to sell your 2000 dollar investment for 12 or 13 hundred dollars if youre lucky.

With these, you can feel less guilty and avoid spending more than you should, satisfy that happy thought from your childhood, and if you DO run into trouble this stuff is next to worthless so you are less likely to keep buying and selling at a loss over and over

Reaction score
Per Wtrialer's link, I also keep hearing rumors that Hoth Han, Lando, Yoda, Bossk, Boba Fett (I SOOO hope so) and Luke Bespin will be the ESB wave, with C-3PO and R2 possibly in there somewhere. If these are indeed the choices, Boba Fett is a guarantee buy for me. I have my original still, so might even get two and throw my original in the card to make for a nicer display even. The rest are not so exciting to me.

Maybe, maybe Bossk, Yoda and the droids but again not super thrilled by those potential options.
Yeah I want them to complete the 1st 12 before branching out preferable (especially vac metal threepio and R2) but we'll see

Reaction score
Yeah I want them to complete the 1st 12 before branching out preferable (especially vac metal threepio and R2) but we'll see
I do not disagree, would love the droids as well from the original 12 along with the Jawa, Tusken Raider, Death Star Trooper, etc. But being it is the 40th Anniversary of ESB in 2020, I foresee these ESB figures coming out.

Reaction score
I do not disagree, would love the droids as well from the original 12 along with the Jawa, Tusken Raider, Death Star Trooper, etc. But being it is the 40th Anniversary of ESB in 2020, I foresee these ESB figures coming out.
They need to do more than one wave a year.

Reaction score
Just echoing what others have said, loving this line and its potential, assuming they aren't going to be limited, I'll be getting all future releases.

Just a word of warning to those that don't collect TVC and aren't aware of Hasbros slow drip tactics. There's no way they'll release all the figures we want anytime soon. Hasbros TVC line have dragged us along for years slowing releasing waves and making us wait for the figures we want. If the Retro collection is the same it'll be years before they finish releasing the first 12, they'll release the bounty hunters one by one in separate waves, our hero's in Bespin outfit will be released over numerous waves. If you are wanting to collect the Retro Collection be prepared to be in it for the long haul.

Reaction score
Just echoing what others have said, loving this line and its potential, assuming they aren't going to be limited, I'll be getting all future releases.

Just a word of warning to those that don't collect TVC and aren't aware of Hasbros slow drip tactics. There's no way they'll release all the figures we want anytime soon. Hasbros TVC line have dragged us along for years slowing releasing waves and making us wait for the figures we want. If the Retro collection is the same it'll be years before they finish releasing the first 12, they'll release the bounty hunters one by one in separate waves, our hero's in Bespin outfit will be released over numerous waves. If you are wanting to collect the Retro Collection be prepared to be in it for the long haul.
You are absolutely right. I agree. The issue that may arise is if they lose the licence and never get to finish the line. I hope they at least get that part right. That along with making more unmade characters.