New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
Honestly, I am on a crossroads with this line.

On one side I can picture myself adding another "offerless" Boba Fett on a Empire Strikes Back cardback. I already have the first 2010 release on a Canadian cardback, the second 2010 Canadian chase variant (because there is no offerless variant, just a sticker-free one), and the SDCC 2010 card proof (because there was no promotional Canadian card proof). And since the Disney run uses the Canadian "tri-logo" style, I have also pre-ordered the 2019 re-release. Which means that I officially need the original run's 32b back and 41b back.

But on the other side, I might be living overseas when they will announce it. Which means that I would have to find help ordering one, hope it is "case fresh" before it is shipped off to AFA, and have it shipped to me with no incident or accident at hand after it is graded. And that grinds on my collector-based anxieties in the same manner that had me reduce the current phase of my collection to those three figures. Which is why that I will hope that if they do skip this one they will reissue the Maccano version on the last Return of the Jedi cardback.

And yet... My luck dictates that if they do reissue him, it might as well be a "green armbands" variant on a The Empire Strikes Back cardback. So not to sound selfish (or a jerk, as per what my banner might have me come off as being) but I hope that never becomes the case.

Reaction score
Really more than reissues, I'd like more unproduced stuff like Tarkin, etc. Hopefully there's more than 1 per wave if they do more.

Would REALLY love ST stuff done in the retro style, since I prefer the kitschy look of the vintage figures so I haven't gotten into the modern stuff. so I don't have any of the new characters.

Reaction score
Really more than reissues, I'd like more unproduced stuff like Tarkin, etc. Hopefully there's more than 1 per wave if they do more.

Would REALLY love ST stuff done in the retro style, since I prefer the kitschy look of the vintage figures so I haven't gotten into the modern stuff. so I don't have any of the new characters.
I'm curious if that would appeal to a wide audience, because some would say 5 POA figures from the ST (and RO & Solo) didn't move as well as expected, due the limited range. Now that's not an argument I agree with, but it widely held. Now if they return to 5 POA for new media, and they have a retro likeness, wouldn't that diminish interest even further? I think the selling point for some of the basic figures was the great likeness, take that away...what's the selling point? I think the OT is best served in Retro, because there is nostalgia pulling us in, for other movies, even the PT, it may prove harder to capture the consumers.

Reaction score
Yeah true. I guess I don't follow modern stuff so I'm not as up on what sold well and what didn't.

ST retro-style figures would match my vintage collection way more than the existing TVC stuff or even the other 5POA stuff they've made, so I'd be very into it, assuming they do them as well as like, Tarkin.

Reaction score

Yeah true. I guess I don't follow modern stuff so I'm not as up on what sold well and what didn't.

ST retro-style figures would match my vintage collection way more than the existing TVC stuff or even the other 5POA stuff they've made, so I'd be very into it, assuming they do them as well as like, Tarkin.
To be honest I gave up on collecting TVC for different reasons. In my case it is hard to enjoy something when fans put their social status before the need to act civil. And the ironic thing is that I was already investigating a topic I was later told to "do my homework" on. So in all cases I have to comply with my rules of collecting anything. Which I also dubbed my "Goblin Slayer!" rule. So when it comes to this line I have a small list of characters I hope to see. And on top of that list is the long eluded Sandtrooper figure. Which has been on my "want list" since 1982. :p

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video with a guy claiming Retro oversold leading to Wave 2 will be a ESB 20th Anniversary set. He stated the working set is the following:

Hoth Han

Lando

Yoda

Bobba Fett

Daghobah Luke

Boosk

Removable limbs C-3PO and Sensor R2 as set with something else ie Tarkin and the boardgame.

Its a bit disappointing we are not getting a Wedge, Veers, Piett or Ozzel. Yet, I need the C-3PO and R2. I could also use another Fett. I hope they update Luke with brown fatigues and a blue saber. I'm curious about what the other item is in the R2/C3PO set. Could be the ESB game or the Darth Vader carrying case or that prototype Hoth playset with the Wampa Cave and trampoline. At this point it's a rumor, but I thought I would share this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
God i hope its not the Vader carrying case. There's still a surplus of those....but there was a surplus of the board game too...

Reaction score
Not really impressed with that list. It's fine if they finish the first 12. I will still get them but I hope that's not a confirmation of wave 2

The first 21 are arguably some of the best releases.

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video with a guy claiming...
When it comes to a YouTube source, it is very much a rumor. It is why I stopped looking for updates on The Rise of Skywalker. Typing just that has every offering spammed with one guy claiming to have the second trailer, claims that Rey is Shmi Skywalker, and that the Emperor is Anakin's father. :p Plus they have yet announced the re-release of the Destroy Death Star board game. Which has me double down on this being a rumor since that would allow them to finally release a carde Biggs figure. As well as a Wedge or Piett for the Hoth board game, and an actual retro-style "Dagobah" Luke for the Yoda board game. Plus there is no mention of Leia, who could have been given a "Bespin Escape" figure if they go with the 'filler' route instead of just reissuing because the premier stuff were just that.

Rant aside, thank you for at least mentioning this rumor to us. And I will hope they will re-release that version of R2-D2 on a single card. C-3PO is easy to get baggied. It went up since last year, but it is still affordable today. So I will hope that piece of information somehow helps you get him at a great price. :)

Reaction score
To boot, I'm guessing they would try to keep the figures simple for less manufacturers work and costs. Doesn't make sense to have removable limb or sensor scopes. Not to say I wouldn't buy them, because I would. I hope this is not wave 2 though.

Reaction score
If Hasbro elects to produce the figures that Junkman is breaking the news on I wouldn't be let down. Much like the VC, they may work there way through all the figures and even some that we've never seen before. What I'm most interested in in this line aren't the vintage remakes as much as the vintage unproduced figures like Tarkin. That's really what has grabbed my attention with the Retro line. I'm a vintage guy, so I'll buy original vintage before I buy the retro collection. Now I'm only one small fish in a big pond and I know that my collecting habits may resonate with some, but certainly not all. I wasn't able to find any of the retro figures in store, but I did find Tarkin. That was all I really wanted anyways and he is the only non-vintage figure on my vintage shelves because I think he's earned it.

What I find interesting is that the rumor is that C3PO and R2 will be packaged together in a possible board game style rather than a new unproduced figure. I think that Hasbro will do just fine with only releasing previously produced figures, but there will those like me who want to see something new in the vintage style. Something new that fits in the world that I'm obsessed with. With Tarkin, other than his face, I can't imagine it was too much of a struggle for Hasbro to produce him by altering his image after other produced vintage figures. Yes, I know that Tarkin was a ground up design, but his torso and limbs are very reminiscent of a couple other figures.

I think it's obvious that Hasbro used Wave 1 as a beta test to see how they would do in the market and it was a safe bet for them since the figures are only 5 poa and they have the molds. What scares me the most though is that they will take the feedback they got based on demand and produce figures accordingly. Meaning how many carded figures are still left on the shelves versus game board Tarkins? I fear that Hasbro will interpret the excess board games as "nobody wanted Tarkin" and may possibly not produce any new or previously unproduced figures. Which would be a total misrepresentation of what was going on. The vast majority wanted Tarkin, some wanted and bought several. Most everybody didn't want or need the board game. I have no doubt that if they would have released Tarkin on just a cardback that tons more would have sold just like the other carded retro figures. Because the handcuffed Tarkin to the game, I can see it being the downfall of new figures that never really had a fighting chance to prove themselves.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope Hasbro realizes their mistake of tying a desired figure(s) to an item that nobody wants or needs. If they decide to produce RL 3PO and R2 tied to a Hoth board game I can see that being the set that is left over in excess. People may buy one, but most won't buy multiples. Just like Tarkin.

Reaction score
I would be almost willing to bet that hasbro along with a few toy companies have moles on forums. They would be foolish not to. You couldn't pay for the research that you can get from places and sites like this one. They most certainly overshot the runway with the board game , however, I would guess they would simply limit the next one. They may have even already stopped production on it and will free tarkin to card only in the fall when they release these in stores again . I believe they sold it with the game because they knew they would force buyers into having to spend more for him. A cardboard paper game is cheap. Great opportunity to earn more money than just a carded figure. Or they wanted to release a game to go with the set, and decided to sell them both to push the game. Either way, this was certainly a marketing ploy. I wouldn't read too much into it. They know if they release more unmade figures, we will buy them.

I still believe they may finish the 12 and maybe even give us a surprise for black Friday for some kind of exclusive mailer like they did in 05.

On the bright side, I'm keeping an eye out for a price reduction on the board game so I can get a loose tarkin. :grin:

This is a wait and see. I do know they have already sold out on entertainment earth. Don't know if they're coming back before the fall. Either way, it's only a couple of months away. Blink and it will be here. And from what I understand, they weren't announcing anything till force Friday in October for future plans with the retro.

Fingers crossed on fun news for a fun Christmas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amen to that. If they did have to do a low cost item to link a new figure to I would love the old retro cases. The ones you could flip the trays over and display your figures with. Those were my favorite. Also they should include a never before done figure in each set to keep interest alive.

Reaction score
Hasbro absolutely has people checking forums, including Rebelscum - they've mentioned it at previous conventions, and commented about the various polls that sites run as well.

If the rumor is true, it sounds like a solid assortment of characters, but I cant help but be bored. With Retro, I'm really after the obscure and hard to find figures, more than anything. If they start reissuing figures / characters where the originals can be had below $10 in good shape, we may see some decline in overall interest. The only one that might interest me is Yoda, and while I have a mint / complete Kenner figure, I might get one to keep carded, since it was my favorite figure as a kid - only issue - the cardbacks stink. The faux damage on the cards looks dumb, as does the sticker. Not to mention - the cardstock is also cheap and prone to bowing. For $10, they should be a bit more sturdy.

Reaction score
I am curious if they will have Luke with a blue saber or brown fatigues instead that yellow outfit. I suggested to my friend that they could pull funko pop and release the , C-3PO ceral and have the Droids there. He suggested they could be part of Falcon re-issue. Which lead to a discussion of which vehicle Wedge would be in..Snowspeeder or X-Wing.

Reaction score
I don't know how Hasbro works. This is really the first modern line I have followed . My wife worked at toys r us when I was into the black series so I let her keep me up to date . Once they started releasing the same figures in different waves, I sold them off, and backed away. More like ran away, :rolleyes:

I'm hoping they stay in order however they already went out of order on the first 6.

We need a mole inside of hasbro ! Actually , we need a mole in hasbro that has creative influence

Reaction score
Amen to that. If they did have to do a low cost item to link a new figure to I would love the old retro cases. The ones you could flip the trays over and display your figures with. Those were my favorite. Also they should include a never before done figure in each set to keep interest alive.
Not bad. I have all the vinyl cases with the exception of the ESB case with Wampa on it.

Reaction score
Other than Boba Fett and Bossk, I don't consider That Junkman's rumor list to be super exciting. Hopefully they aren't Target exclusives again, though.

Reaction score
THIS would be perfect! Release a case, and pack in one of the "New" figures like Tarkin. I'd rather have something like that, instead of another board game I will probably never play.

I am curious if they will have Luke with a blue saber or brown fatigues instead that yellow outfit. I suggested to my friend that they could pull funko pop and release the , C-3PO ceral and have the Droids there. He suggested they could be part of Falcon re-issue. Which lead to a discussion of which vehicle Wedge would be in..Snowspeeder or X-Wing.
I think if they keep doing these, they will stick with what Kenner did. They had every opportunity to give Tatooine Luke a blue saber, but stuck with Kenner yellow. They could have even made Vader's more of a true red, but they kept it orange. They could have just retooled the saber hands, and given them all sabers like the ESB and Jedi style. Yet again, they opted to do what Kenner did.

Reaction score
Here is what that bugs me. And I am not saying this as a means of being a "troll" or anything else I have been accused of being. But from what I was told during the time I would investigate rumors on select Transformers releases is that Hasbro employees cannot disclose this type of information. That Junkman even says that he cannot confirm that the guy he got this information from works for Hasbro, even though he could try to confirm this by calling Hasbro. And yet, despite him saying "It is not official." numerous times people are acting like it is a real topic. Not a "That Junkman should have waited until D23 to discuss this" type of thing.

Because for all we know the figures he is mentioning might be tied to The Black Series, not the Retro Collection. There were rumors that a few key figures for that line might be issued/reissued on The Empire Strikes Back style cards. Plus it allows them to do a Sears Canada (I studied this when I was planning to do a Canadian collection) style multi-pack, which could bundle both C-3PO and R2-D2 together. Plus I might be wrong on this, but I could have sworn there were fans wanting "Black Series" versions of both the tauntaun and Wampa. Things that would help push the market towards this line since 3 3/4" figures are said to be problematic for Hasbro these days. Not including a major speculation I had unraveled when researching the mystery behind a certain absent figure. So that is all I will say.

So all I can say is that they have three board games remaining, and Tarkin was obviously chosen for the one they did because he was on the Death Star. And unless Hasbro says otherwise, I am with those who are saying that they might announce wave 2 as a continuation of what they started. All of you can disagree. But until it is official I cannot convince myself to twist facts, or quotes, to suit my own theories. Especially when I am stuck waiting to hear which characters from both Resistance and The Mandalorian will get their own figures. With that said.. I am siding with everything that toyman941 said. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
THIS would be perfect! Release a case, and pack in one of the "New" figures like Tarkin. I'd rather have something like that, instead of another board game I will probably never play.

I think if they keep doing these, they will stick with what Kenner did. They had every opportunity to give Tatooine Luke a blue saber, but stuck with Kenner yellow. They could have even made Vader's more of a true red, but they kept it orange. They could have just retooled the saber hands, and given them all sabers like the ESB and Jedi style. Yet again, they opted to do what Kenner did.
Id rather keep it traditional the yellow saber no matter how inaccurate is part of the iconic look of the figure.

Reaction score
Here is what that bugs me. And I am not saying this as a means of being a "troll" or anything else I have been accused of being. But from what I was told during the time I would investigate rumors on select Transformers releases is that Hasbro employees cannot disclose this type of information. That Junkman even says that he cannot confirm that the guy he got this information from works for Hasbro, even though he could try to confirm this by calling Hasbro. And yet, despite him saying "It is not official." numerous times people are acting like it is a real topic. Not a "That Junkman should have waited until D23 to discuss this" type of thing.
Most of us understand that this is just a rumor list and nothing about it is official. I don't really like the list that much, because I never saw a single figure from wave 1 in stores and they are already rumored to be moving on to ESB figures? It just feels too soon. Unless they do a mix of the three films, like they did for the 2004 VOTC line.

I do believe that Boba Fett and Bossk are inevitable, though, as long as this line continues.

Reaction score
Forgive what may sound like a silly question because this is a first for me with chasing modern figs.

IF the list is true, and IF they jump around. Will they use the correct cards , meaning -say they go back to ANH on wave 4, they would release Greedo on a ANH card, or would they just use the cards from the previous run being ROTJ?

I paid zero attention to the VC releases so , I have no understand to what you guys are saying.

Reaction score
Forgive what may sound like a silly question because this is a first for me with chasing modern figs.

IF the list is true, and IF they jump around. Will they use the correct cards , meaning -say they go back to ANH on wave 4, they would release Greedo on a ANH card, or would they just use the cards from the previous run being ROTJ?

I paid zero attention to the VC releases so , I have no understand to what you guys are saying.
Back in the 2004 VOTC days, they spread those initial 12 "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" figures across all three films. The full line was:
SW card: Luke, Leia, Han, Ben
ESB card: Vader, C-3PO, Lando, Yoda
ROTJ card: Fett, Chewie, R2, Stormtrooper

That initial line was kind of an odd mix of super-articulated, standard articulation (for the time), and 5POA figures.

I'm assuming if they do vintage Kenner figure reproductions on vintage cards, then they will release each figure on its premiere card. At least I hope so.

Reaction score
Back in the 2004 VOTC days, they spread those initial 12 "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" figures across all three films. The full line was:
SW card: Luke, Leia, Han, Ben
ESB card: Vader, C-3PO, Lando, Yoda
ROTJ card: Fett, Chewie, R2, Stormtrooper

That initial line was kind of an odd mix of super-articulated, standard articulation (for the time), and 5POA figures.

I'm assuming if they do vintage Kenner figure reproductions on vintage cards, then they will release each figure on its premiere card. At least I hope so.
Thanks, and me too.

I know that ROTJ and POTF for that matter have up to date figures on those cards. I'm hoping they don't do that. I really hope they finish the last 6 of the 12 though. On Star Wars cards.

Reaction score
Debut cards are a must I think all of us agree on that one. They could and should inevitably re-release the first wave perhaps the variants (like small head Han and Brown haired luke) on their secondary cards. That would be brilliant. Altjough purists will argue that small head han never came on the second release card. If the second wave sells as well as the first, I do hope they re issue the first 6.

Reaction score
I'm fine talking about rumors. That's most of the discussion on this forum of what comes next. I would think we will get Wave 1 this fall at Walmart or LCS. From what Junkman said they had zero idea it would be a hit thus they are kinda rushing to get another set out in about a year. It also makes perfect sense to do an ESB wave for the 40th Anniversary. I just hope they release snospeeders and AT-ATs with Wedge and Veers. That is what I'm hoping for the vehicles and new playsets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When they released TVC, how long did it take before they released vehicles and playsets? Or was this something they did all at once.

Reaction score
When they released TVC, how long did it take before they released vehicles and playsets? Or was this something they did all at once.
The actual TVC line started in 2010, but Hasbro had been releasing single waves of "vintage" packaged figures going back to 2004. IIRC, the first "vintage" packaged vehicles didn't start coming out until 2011. I believe it was the TIE Fighter and Y-Wing that were the very first.

All of the vintage-style lines rundown like this:
1995 - Classic Edition 4-pack
2004 - Vintage Original Trilogy Collection (VOTC)
2006 - Vintage The Saga Collection (VTSC)
2007 - Vintage 30th Anniversary Collection (VTAC)
2010-2012, 2018-present - The Vintage Collection (TVC)
2019-present - The Retro Collection

Reaction score
Most of us understand that this is just a rumor list and nothing about it is official. I don't really like the list that much, because I never saw a single figure from wave 1 in stores and they are already rumored to be moving on to ESB figures? It just feels too soon. Unless they do a mix of the three films, like they did for the 2004 VOTC line.

I do believe that Boba Fett and Bossk are inevitable, though, as long as this line continues.
I know that some are. But what cathes me off-kilter is that nobody even questioned why Leia was not mentioned, "Hoth" Han was listed when the rest were more Bespin focused, and why they would do a two figure set for a board game that one has one fit the theme (one is Hoth/Dagobah themed, the other is Bespin). (But I did not listen long enough to hear if he said "Dagobah" Luke, and not "Bespin" Luke. So let me know if he did since the latter was in the original Kenner line.) Which is why this feels off. Kind of like this guy offers two sets of information to two types of bloggers, and continues doing this until the last one is willing to pay them for the next list. But not in that definitive sense of things. But even then That Junkman sounded like he posted this post-haste because he needs the views. (Which I hope is not the case.)

As for Boba Fett... Definitely. This is the best opportunity for Hasbro to give fans an official non-custom "retro style" Boba Fett with his The Empire Strikes Back colored armbands. But with Bossk, it would be a good idea that they first add him with the other bounty hunters in a multi-pack. One with (name accurate) cardbacks, and possibly a cardboard display for those who want them loose. But that is just an idea I had for some time now. And one I hope does not become another reason why people should hate eBay. Because all I can say is that I am more curious on why they made the intro set so exclusive, but made the board game far too easy to get. While trying to resist the idea of paying "beyond premium" prices on eBay. :ninja:

Reaction score
The actual TVC line started in 2010, but Hasbro had been releasing single waves of "vintage" packaged figures going back to 2004. IIRC, the first "vintage" packaged vehicles didn't start coming out until 2011. I believe it was the TIE Fighter and Y-Wing that were the very first.

All of the vintage-style lines rundown like this:
1995 - Classic Edition 4-pack
2004 - Vintage Original Trilogy Collection (VOTC)
2006 - Vintage The Saga Collection (VTSC)
2007 - Vintage 30th Anniversary Collection (VTAC)
2010-2012, 2018-present - The Vintage Collection (TVC)
2019-present - The Retro Collection
From a marketing standpoint , I would strike now while the irons hot. If they follow the VC format taking all those years , I'm affraid people would loose interest. . I would pick out my figures and release them in 6 piece waves, in order, and original release cards. If they go 6 from each order, and we only get 18 total figures plus possible non released figs like Tarkin, that's what we get, and I'm sure the interest will hold. If they spread these out for years, I don't think they would have the same success. If they start getting cute and release non OT figures in retro form, this can turn a whole different way.

Reaction score
If you are going to do a ESB set, you have to cover all the bases. Hoth Han as Junkman is one of the most iconic Hoth characters. You have Bespin with Lando, C3PO and even Bespin Luke which I hope they change a bit. If anything, I would dump Boosk for Hoth Wedge or Chewie.

Reaction score
If you are going to do a ESB set, you have to cover all the bases. Hoth Han as Junkman is one of the most iconic Hoth characters. You have Bespin with Lando, C3PO and even Bespin Luke which I hope they change a bit. If anything, I would dump Boosk for Hoth Wedge or Chewie.
I had virtually every figure from the Star Wars to Return of the Jedi lines, and kind of agree that he is the most "iconic" of the sets. But I also found that also worked better for me when paired with a tauntaun, which I only had the hard belly version. So for me, I would say that the list feels off because they do not have anything mentioning Leia. And should have at least used Hoth Luke as a pairing for those who want to recreate the moments that eventually include both figures. Which, admittedly, I should have done since I also had the original Wampa as a kid. :p

But at this point of time... I will be surprise if they didn't simply have the first six figures be more than a way to test the waters. And that they plan to just "reissue" figures instead of doing ones that were originally overlooked by Kenner, new characters, etc.

Reaction score

There were a few exceptions during the VC line where they did not go with the debut cardback. The first wave was all ESB themed. C-3PO was part of that wave, and on an ESB card. Technically, it had the removable limbs feature, so I guess you could say that card was correct. R2-D2 came out on a Jedi card, but that figure came with Jedi specific accessories, and also had the pop up saber feature. So again, technically a correct card. The only Star Wars Luke they released was "Death Star Escape". While using the Star Wars title, it was not the photo used on the original 12 back figure.

When they finally released the Stormtrooper, they put it on an ESB card. Then rereleased it on a Jedi card. So it never appeared on a Star Wars card. Also, the Tie Pilot was only out on the Jedi card.

Perhaps the most confusing release was Yoda. When he was first shown, they planned on releasing him on a Jedi card. It was pulled from it's original wave, and pushed back. When it finally showed up in stores, it was on a Revenge of the Sith card. Yoda should have clearly been on an EBS card.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really hoping they don't follow those weird formats. If they go prequels on this, I'm out. Completey defeats the retro all together. Retro is OT and that's it.

Really not a fan of change ups or politically correct marketing . If they believe modern collectors need to be taken into consideration for retro, they will blow it. Proof is right here on this forum and 64 pages of discussion. I think they should be reading it. I'm convinced they will not change the molds and go with the least expensive way to make these figures. This would mean they either don't make a jawa or they give him a vinyl cape. Much less fabrication and least expensive for mass production. Same with 3po. No it won't cost more for a removable limb, however, let's not forget the vinyl basket. That adds to production. Might not happen. Remember, this isn't a new release trying to get more sales for the line. This is a been there, done that.

Time will tell.

I for one, hope they release the original 12 . Would like them to keep going on the original line as well. These are arguably some of the best figures. Not to sure it will happen, but I would love to see Greedo on a card again and R5d4. There are so many, must make figures from ESB as well. I do see where they could limit ROTJ . There were alot of peg warmers from that line.

Reaction score
If Hasbro can't improve distribution, I don't know if it matters what they produce. I've yet to see ANY of these figures at 4 different Target stores I check, and online prices are jacked up if you can find them. Stormtroopers are sold out everywhere I've checked online. Seen a case for sale several places, but I don't want a case, I just want to buy some cheap Troopers for my display. Why did they make this so hard?

Reaction score
Let's wait and see in the fall about distribution. They are supposed to be available in other stores besides target. These are a hot item. Entertainment earth sold out of them. They only had about 10 dollars higher than target with shipping, so that's not too bad. I think they will also by a normal carrier once they are again released in the fall.

I completely agree that the original release was a pain in the butt to find. Luckily my local target had them but I did have to ask the employee to find them and bring them out on the day of release. Still can't get the prototype Vader.

Reaction score
To boot, I'm guessing they would try to keep the figures simple for less manufacturers work and costs. Doesn't make sense to have removable limb or sensor scopes. Not to say I wouldn't buy them, because I would. I hope this is not wave 2 though.
The thing is, they would be universally quite popular, and since they're also ESB releases, Removable Limbs Threepio & Sensorscope Artoo do kind of make sense - it might explain the obvious absence of those popular characters from the first wave, as well. Sensorscope Artoo jazzes with Yoda and "Dagobah" Luke, also. Chewbacca is already available to "complete" Removable Limbs Threepio.

If Hasbro were aiming squarely at collectors, I would think there'd be more than just one unique character per wave, but these seem to be for Generation X as a whole. There are a lot of people in their 30s, 40s & 50s who would remember playing with Vintage toys but don't collect today, it feels like Hasbro are especially targeting that casual market with this release.

So, this does strike me as a more logical second wave than Cantina aliens. I would have been very surprised if the intention was to release replicas of every last Vintage figure - it would make more sense, and have wider appeal, to focus only on key-characters.

I hope I'm wrong and that everyone gets what they want, but these don't feel destined for more than a wave per film/logo to me...and I'm not sure that would even include POTF, for that card has a more limited, collector-appeal aesthetic.

-M
:)

Reaction score
I would rather see Rey, Anakin, Maul and sequel Luke or Han retro figures than peg warmers of the Cantina aliens. They barely sold back then why do it again. I'd rather see fresh and new with some of the old school stuff. I did see Retro Chewie MIB go for $50 at a con this weekend. So, there is some value in these right now.

Last edited: