New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting Hasbro is going to have a retro line of Star Wars figures coming out that will match the style of the original vintage figures.

Thoughts?

I'm cautiously optimistic, it'd be great to get vintage style PT/ST and OT figures that were never made.

Reaction score
I hope they look excellent and fit in with the original figures as seamlessly as possible. I hope some of them are kinda goofy too (like onesie Hammerhead). That being said, I hope we just get characters and versions of characters that didn't exist in the original line. Give us a Slave Leia, don't do another Hoth Leia and try to make it look like the one we already have. I think they will either excel with this line, or fail miserably.

Reaction score
Very interesting... This could be really cool if done right and carefully. I’d love to see new vintage style figures, ships, and play sets that were never made back in the day. Vintage packaging and vintage card backs with vintage style smaller bubbles would be a major bonus. I just don’t want to see already released vintage figures and playsets reissued....

Reaction score
This is very exciting! I imagine they will all be figures never released from the OT as well as figures from the PT and ST. However, I wouldn't mind if they re-did the original Kenner figures as well like was done w/ the original MOTU line several years back. Seems doubtful though.

Wt

Reaction score
I have asked for this many many many times over the years. There are tragic holes in the vintage lines that only customizers can fill. I even made correct versions of some of the figures like Han with blue pants and such. Let's hope Tarkin and the missing cantina aliens get their due. I wouldnt even mind them reissuing figures from the original molds but corrected and updated. Imagine Luke farmboy with brown hair and a blie saber. Or a fully painted Vader. This should please those of us that fondly love the vintage stuff. But there is plenty of room to mess it up too. And I agree 70s style sculpts please.

Reaction score
Funny this has come up. I have been researching some custom figures but I have been reluctant to tear apart some vintage pieces to make the unmade figures I wish to have.

I have been eyeing the custom Han stormtrooper so maybe they would make him and he would fit right in with the others.

So, needless to say, I will play the wait and see game before I go any deeper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To make this a hit they would have to offer original trilogy figures first. Including some debut as retro like Han stormtrooper, rebel fleet trooper, Tarkin, and Slave Leia. Nobody wants retro Jyn Urso Snoke, Cassian Andor,or Kylo in first wave.

Reaction score
Hopefully, they will at least make new vintage looking sculpts for the already existing figures and weapons, so they aren’t the same as the “authentic” vintage ones. The last thing the hobby needs is more repro figures and accessories floating around the market...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So long as it only consists of characters/vehicles that were never released before. Reissues would be a bad idea. The POTF2 vintage style figures that were released in the Classic Edition 4-Pack were terrible so it depends how well they execute the new line.

Reaction score
The only playset or vehicles I can think of would be a bantha , all plastic , same as wampa or dewback (no fake hair) Possibly the carbon freeze chamber but not make frozen Han so we can use the original from slave one to go with it . Maybe the Emperors throne room from ROTJ. They could even pull off a cardboard backdrop like the land of the jawas, and a Plastic throne. I do like Hoth, so maybe a command center with the clear plastic screens could be fun.

They pretty much covered the rest of the vehicles and playsets the first time around. I never understood why they didn't release a Banta when it did have plenty of coverage in the film.

Figures, maybe make 17 and call them the new 17. And instead of coins, maybe some form of hologram insert

Slave Leia
Tarkin
Sandtrooper
Stormtrooper Han
Treadwell (droid)
Rebel soldiers from the first scene from ANH
Twins sisters from the cantina scene
Cantina bar keep
Maybe a couple more ewoks
Y wing pilot
Wedge (in x wing pilot)

What else am I missing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If they do this I hope they go back to hand sculpted figures instead of digital, the way they do everything else now. Super7 does it that way, and they feel more authentically vintage.

Reaction score
If they do this I hope they go back to hand sculpted figures instead of digital, the way they do everything else now. Super7 does it that way, and they feel more authentically vintage.
Super7 ?

Sorry, can you explain. I do wish to get into customs for my own collection . I used to customize NFL McFarlane figures, and I would sculpt my own pieces to fit at times.

Is this a custom guy that I can view or read up on?

Thanks, and sorry if I asked a silly question

Reaction score
I thought they might do something like this for Haslab, release the characters in vintage style that we never got ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a toy ?? )

I hope they don't remake characters we already have. I also collect Transformers and with the countless reissues its hard to tell what's what, it also severely effects the value of the original line.

Reaction score
HA! Poor Wedge. I agree that no repros of previous figures need to be made, and I'm very excited / nervous to see what's to come.
I thought they might do something like this for Haslab, release the characters in vintage style that we never got ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a toy ?? )

I hope they don't remake characters we already have. I also collect Transformers and with the countless reissues its hard to tell what's what, it also severely effects the value of the original line.

Reaction score
People need to stop being negative Nancies about this. Even if 50% OT figures, I am buying doubles. One for display and the other to open. I am thinking we are at least getting B-88, Rey and Kylo. I think a Tarkin is high on the list. I'm sure even prequel Anakin will be a choice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If done really right Hasbro could make a mint on this! Besides the obvious....How about a nice vintage 2 pack with 8 yr old Anikin w Padme?(w giant flimsy bubbles)((oh...and a pseudo kb sticker upper right corner w red ink slash/sale price)). Possibilities endless- now to make a Jar Jar look vintage will be tough but not impossible- maybe put him in a onesie as well(lol snowtrooper 1138)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would not mind reissues as long as there are some notable differences. Han should have blue legs, r2 a correct headsculpt...

Reaction score
[sorry my photos are sideways never uploaded and cant figure out how to fix just yet.... But i would love to see original sculpts in this line but augmented like this...
https://forum.rebelscum.com/#

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't stop the moving train however , if they reissue figures, the dates on the legs shouldn't even be there.

At this point we have no idea unless there has been a prototype picture leak. Could be POTF2 for all we know.

Reaction score
id like to see original sculpts used to augment figures like these... Sorry the pics are sideways have to figure out how to rotate them...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks I have more to share but posting photos from my cell phone it's causing a lot of issues.
If they did figures like this I don't think anybody would complain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably won’t be the popular opinion, but hey... my vote is for straight reissues of all the original figures. Mine were all stolen in 83 and I’ve only collected the modern era (95 and up).

Reaction score
They are the ones doing the ReAction figures. Vintage-style figures that were never made, but made to look like they might've looked back in the day. https://super7.com/

Can't stop the moving train however , if they reissue figures, the dates on the legs shouldn't even be there.
They probably would do the digital stamp on the bottom of the figure, like they do with their other modern releases. If they do re-release original figures they do really need to be differentiated somehow. I can still see people getting confused and trying to sell them as true vintage, however.

They are supposedly revealing more tomorrow. Most likely at the NY Toy Fair.

All that said, I am not all that overly enthusiastic about this. I will probably buy everything, though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's nothing that says its going to be star wars toys.
It only says its an original Kenner toy line...it could be M.A.S.K or any other line.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Some images of this retro line stolen from the ToyRun Facebook page. Credit to Ryan Farnam. They are currently viewable as on pre-order at target.com it seems. Seems the first 6 is viewable. Will the Jawa get a vinyl cape? Will Ichy, Mala and the rest of Chewiee's family get made along with Tarkin, Luke in Robes, Yarna, Droids/Ewoks and other vintage prototypes never to reach production? Even though I'm probably not going to collect these if they do produce some of those vintage prototypes in the vintage style and vehicles and/or beast prototypes of the Tantive IV, Bantha, Falcon/mini rig-hauler I may have to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't expect them to do reissues. I'll bet the quality of the figs is nothing like the originals. Still not a good idea IMO. I might be interested in characters not previously made.

Reaction score
I'm sure these will be different enough to not fool anyone into thinking they are original Kenner. BUT..... Does anyone think we might see a dip in value of figures like Leia now? I mean it's going to be hard for a lot of newer collectors or just the casual fan to not want a nice, new, bight, shiny white Leia figure for $10. Not to mention that now we have the issue with weapons. Are these "Authentic Reproductions"? Will it be acceptable to use these weapons with vintage figures? Because "Technically" these are made by the same company. This whole thing just opened up a lot of gray area.

Remember a few years ago, when everyone was screaming about the reproduction Stormtroopers from Mark Poon? Well, this is Hasbro, basically making reproduction figures. I guess the biggest difference is these will no doubt have new trademark info, and the famous "product number" stamped somewhere. Poon was making copies of the 1978 trooper.

Reaction score
Preorders selling out. Couldnt get the whole set. Didn't bother to get just 3. I hope these aren't Target exclusive like the Megos Toy pirates snatched them all up...

Reaction score
I think they should produce "repro" weapons and other accessories, available for separate purchase. Alter them a bit from the originals so they are recognizable, maybe it will put an end to the repro makers.

Reaction score
I assume the date stamp on them will say 2019 ? Hopefully

What about the weapons ? If they are identical to the old ones that’s going to be another lot of repro flooding the market.

Reaction score
Damn, I added these to cart this morning come back an hour later to pay, sold out.

Reaction score
One things for sure. Poor AFA, UKG, and CAS’s job just got more difficult. Think about how many reproduction Leia blasters will get submitted as vintage once these get released. Best thing to do would be to not support these....

Last edited:
Reaction score
And they reveal reissues of classic, beloved figures right out of the gate. Son of a *****. Reissues aren't "Kenner inspired". Reissues are Kenner copied; more like it. I was hoping for first reveals of characters like Stormtrooper Han, Slave Leia, Grand Moff Tarkin and a proper Sandtrooper. But no. Reissues of figures that have been around for over 40 years that many of us paid good money for. I wonder how many sellers will be shady and sell "authentic" figures with "genuine" accessories for vintage prices? Ask for an image of the year stamp!

Reaction score
I understand everyone's frustration about these especially if you've invested a good amount of money in vintage. However, for me its never been about the money. I love the idea of re-issues because you can have brand new minty figures for low cost. I just spent $1300 last month alone on vintage. This is what I've wanted since they released the POTF2 line back in the mid-90s. I couldn't be more excited.

Wt

Last edited: