New Indiana Jones animated short

Reaction score
This is a couple years old now, but I’m never disappointed to see it again. Really incredible work.

Reaction score
Wow! That's incredible. Now I do wonder, in this and age, why haven't they branched out the legacy into an animated series aimed at 12-14 year olds?

Reaction score
Wow! That's incredible. Now I do wonder, in this and age, why haven't they branched out the legacy into an animated series aimed at 12-14 year olds?
Lucasfilm, and now Disney, do not seem to see the value in the property. Apparently (as I've read somewhere, cannot recall where) comics, both youth and adult books and video games sales have been OK but not stellar.

I wish they could see that there is indeed interest in Indy! Case in point: I was at a family gathering last year and was talking with a few of my younger cousins (ages 12-17), I brought up Indy, and all of them were quite enthusiastic about our friend Dr. Jones! I was quite surprised. We ended up talking about all things Indy for at least a good half hour! This may be a small sample, but their is indeed life in the franchise.

I would absolutely love an animated series. It is one way to continue the franchise with adventures starring a Dr. Henry Jones that is not 75 years old! It would have to be not be too overly stylistic or cartoony, however. The short here is quite fabulous.

We need:

an animated series,

new comic series,

and highly-detailed 6" figures (like the Black Series)

---- STAT!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe the next film will open that window of opportunity. Dave Filoni and the Clone Wars / Rebels crew have paid direct homage to Indiana Jones more than a couple of times on the shows, so I could see him at the helm of an Indianan Jones series some day and turning out something spectacular.

Reaction score
I feel like I read once that Harrison Ford was the one who said no to a cartoon. I don’t know if it was just that he didn’t want to voice it, or if he has/had a certain level of creative control over the character.