NEW FLEET TROOPER?

Reaction score
Dear Andy/Hasbro Reps,

I'd just like to make my voice, and the voice of MANY MANY others heard, who feel the Hasbro Rebel Fleet Trooper is a figure who NEEDS to be resculpted and rereleased in mass!

Aspects to this figure that were false to the movie were his shirt style, pants color and style, boot style, belt/holster style, and the lack of removeable helmet and good "generic" head sculpt.

We would LOVE to see an accurate and improved figure with added articulation... I personally would think this is a figure that should have articulation like a Commtech Stormtrooper due to the NEED for poseablity, and others have expressed a desire for a proper pistol and holster to hold it, and removeable helmet...

PLEASE hear our requests, it won the poll at www.rebelscum.com for most desired resculpt, please help us out hasbro!!!!

Jesse James

Reaction score
I'd like a new trooper also. Please keep the plastic, removable vest, and add a removable helmet, and a functional holster for his blaster.

Reaction score
THIS IS JUST A GUESS... but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new figure released as part of an E2 or E3 collection. I get the funny feeling that the Rebel Fleet Troopers are actually the Alderaan Fleet Troopers. Unless of course the Rebellion hired a bunch of seamstresses to whip them up some brand new uniforms. Like I said, it's just a guess, but it should give you hope.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force!

Reaction score
There could even be a better prop in the height of the figure. I think the original figure is much too tall compared to the other figures. And as already done with the brandnew toys just as the Leia bespin escape figure a resculpted Rebel Fleet Trooper would profit much from a more accurate new designed blaster.

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more ... the Rebel Fleet Trooper really needs an upgrade. The POTJ series could use the addition of a new Rebel soldier.

Reaction score
Here's sithblade's vote: Make him and I will buy him en masse, so please definitely pack him 3 or 4 to the case(!!!!) The only features I'd really want are for the sculpt and blaster to be more in-scale.

Thanks for "listening"

Reaction score
Here Here! Add my name to the list!!! I'd buy quite a few of these if the resculpt was good enough!

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

G

Andy probably won't like me mentioning this, but I've been told by one of my sources that a new Rebel Fleet Trooper is tentatively in the lineup for mid-2002. And it even has something special about it.. THREE times as nice as the original, if you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Shabby (edited 02-16-2001).]

Reaction score
Here's how I'd like to see a resculpted Rebel Fleet Trooper done:

-RESCULPTED, MOVIE ACCURATE BLASTER with WORKING HOLSTER(the blaster should look just like the Rebel Blaster pictured in the Jek Porkins Force File)

-Movie accurate uniform including GREY PANTS

-REMOVABLE HELMET WITH CHIN STRAP ATTACHED TO THE HELMET like the one on the Naboo Royal Guard figure, not like the Death Star Trooper figure where the chin strap is attached to the figure's head

-Non buff body sculpt and the figure shouldn't be too tall

-Generic face sculpt with NO FACIAL HAIR

-Dark hair on head, NOT blonde hair

-A STRAIGHT LEG POSE, where the feet are not wide apart, only shoulder width apart and parallel to each other(like the stance of most Vintage figures)and possibly articulation in the knees so that the figure can stand or kneel. If knee joints won't work well for a nice kneeling pose, then just go with the straight leg pose and skip the knee joints and kneeling altogether.

-MASSIVE ARTICULATION IN THE ARMS so that the figure won't be stuck in a scene specific pose like that of the Naboo Royal Guard with it's firing pose. This Rebel Fleet trooper should look good standing at attention(like in the Yavin Hanger and Ceremony scenes)so the arms should be able to straighten out, and it's arms should be able to take a nice firing position(like in the opening battle sequence on the Blockade Runner) as well, so some type of massive articulation in the arms is a must. Possibly upper arm articulation like Removable Helmet Vader, bending elbow joints(not pivoting elbow joints)-so the arms can straighten out, and wrist articulation. Ball jointed shoulders might be good as well.

Well, that would be the ultimate Rebel Fleet Trooper in my eyes. I hope that if they ever do decide to redo it that it has all/most of these features. One can dream anyway.
I'd probably buy 30 of them if it's done with a straight leg pose and has lots of articultion in the arms, whereas I'd likely only buy 12 if it is stuck in a specific pose like the Naboo Royal Guard's pose. Of course, I'd buy one to leave in the package too. Another thing I REALLY hope that they do if they ever resculpt this figure is resculpt the Rebel Blaster. I'd love to have a movie accurate 3 3/4" scale version of the Rebel Blaster. After seeing the movie accurate pistol to be included with the upcoming Bespin Security Guard figure, I think getting a resculpted Rebel Blaster is a really good possibility if the Rebel Fleet Trooper does indeed get resculpted. Anyway, this is the figure I want to see redone more than any other, so I hope we do get it someday.

John

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Most importantly: He should not look like a bodybuilder! Actually, there is no chance of that happening again, so we just need the re-sculpt done. He should have a nice wrinkle sculpt on an over-sized shirt and vest. Please, Andy- do this thing for us!

Reaction score
Apokolips your insight serves you well, but beware lest the GL goons come after you.

I said that I was tired of resculpts, but this is one that definitely needs to be done.

Reaction score
Add my vote, I'd buy a bunch. He needs the ability to kneel though (down on one knee, blaster ready as the stormies blast through the outer doors...

I can see the diorama already...

(and I guess we need a Vader that has a wide hand grip so he can choke a trooper. Just a thought)

Darth Ray

G

How about a case of army builders?
3 NEW Rebel Fleet Troopers
3 CT Stormtroopers (on new card)
3 Death Star Troopers (on new card)
3 "generic" Imperial Officers (new sculpt)

I know... I'm dreaming.

------------------
"I AM a Jedi... like my father before me.