New England Finds v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hit multiple Targets over the past few days (since Wave 7's supposedly been hitting at Targets)---South Bay, Salem, Watertown, Lynn, & more, etc and I found...............

..............YUP, you guess it: jacks***. Plenty of Dengars, CCPs, TCW Banes, & SL Trench Coat Han & SNowspeeder Lukes though, just in case you're hard up on those. Sheesh. Ugh. Ugh. Sheesh.
Sheesh and ugh. Ugh and Sheesh.

ps--I was lucky enough to have a friend in SC find a carded Wedge for me though--so I guess that's something............to sell
...........Meh

Reaction score
nothing new in the southcoast area either. i did grab a logray of ebay,clearly the best ewok yet.my endor diorama is getting stupid big.i think im the only one buying up the endor commandos[actually they re recon leathernecks]
around here.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Hit multiple Targets over the past few days (since Wave 7's supposedly been hitting at Targets)---South Bay, Salem, Watertown, Lynn, & more, etc and I found nothing.
I did forget to mention in the above statement, that South Bay Target appears to be re-doing that entire section (or at least a large chunck) of those back aiseles---ya know, the ones against the back wall. If you walk directly up the center aisle of the store, there is a HUGE section missing directly in the center, and the 1st aisle that's you start w/to the left is the SW figure aisle. IDK if they're going to keep going & re-do the entire toy section as well, or it's just that middle area. My hope is that they are going to redo the toy section as well as that usually means "old product gone--new product in, but I'm afraid that they're maybe just converting that middle area into a seasonal section like they do every year at this time(near Aug) for the whole "Back To School" thing. Happens every year. Thus I think I just burst my own bubble before even finishing my own post. Sorry, I think I just wasted your time and mine.

Ugh....again.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Hit multiple Targets over the past few days (since Wave 7's supposedly been hitting at Targets)
It has hit the area (well the parts you call the sticks anyway). The Marlboro Target had the remnants, but all the new figures were already gone when I got there. The had the other six sitting there (both Fetts, Phase I, Phase II, Sandtrooper and Luke), so I know I just missed it.

It stinks that this store only had two figures on the pegs prior to that (one SBD and one Ceremonial Han) and all they got was one stinking case in. They easily could have fit 4 cases on the pegs.

Reaction score
FYE @ Warwick Mall, RI had some old vintage figs for only $5 each: Vader, Grevious, Gree, stormy (1st version), and others.

Reaction score
FYE @ Warwick Mall, RI had some old vintage figs for only $5 each: Vader, Grevious, Gree, stormy (1st version), and others.

Reaction score
Target at the South Bay Mall, MA has Wave 7 of Vintage as of 900am this morning; there were 2 sets, I grabbed one and left the other set. $8.99 a fig

Sol

Reaction score
Vader4Life said:
Target at the South Bay Mall, MA has Wave 7 of Vintage as of 900am this morning; there were 2 sets, I grabbed one and left the other set. $8.99 a fig
Just left Southbay - nothing. Doesn't even look like there was anything there new at all!

Reaction score
Got my Bespin Han Solo today @ TRU! I missed W7 figures a couple of times and managed to find 1 Han. Now I need the other 3 OT figs...

Reaction score
Sol said:
Vader4Life said:
Just left Southbay - nothing. Doesn't even look like there was anything there new at all!
I was at South Bay yesterday morning at OPENING, and they had they same exact stuff they had on Wednesday when I was there---remnants of crap.

On a slightly better note, I also hit Salem's Target & Walmart that had nothing, Saugus Target had nothing (don't worry, the good news is coming, lol)----- I hit Woburn TRU and found Bom Vimdin(the guy said they got a new case in & that that's all that was left(ugh). However, they also had Castas w/Speeder Bike and The Republic Scout Speeder with the new red & white ARF Pilot(this vehicle can hold TWO Clones, I had now idea, there is a firing-cannon-spot on the back end for the 2nd Clone--interesting), and they also had that new blue Seperatist mini-rig.
Sadly, they only had one of each--I bought the Republic Mini-Rig (I only wanted the Clone, so I'm selling the ship off if anyone wants it, left the Seppie mini-rig, and bought Castas w/Speeder(though after long deliberation of staring at the box, still sealed, I'm not sure now if I even want him, thus I might consider selling that off), I just didn't wanna miss it in case I never saw it again.

Feel free to PM me or just hit my Classifieds section if you are interested in the Republic Mini-Rig---it's still brand new in box w/everything as is, I just wanted the Clone, as I said.

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my bad, I meant South SHORE Plaza Target had them, not South BAY Plaza Target....sorry

Reaction score
Also posted in the main Target thread.

Hey Kids! Look! New Wacky Fun Prices from the Target in Everett, MA! Oh, and there are 22 Vintage Figures on the pegs, choose from Dengar 4-LOM or Cloud Car Pilot!

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
lol...how did it get so bad???
Ugh. Seriously, man.
I mean, WTF?

I understand what the INITIAL problem was (with Target at least)---- When the Vintage Collection first was about to be released, there was a LOT of anticipation on the part of...well, everybody basically (the collectors, the stores, Hasbro, everyone), thus Target WAAAAAY over-ordered on the first wave. This is why we see so many figures from that wave at every Target across America. And when you check on the scanners, at every Target store it almost always states that they have more stock in the stock area......only problem being is that that stock is just more of the same TESB Wave 1 crap.

Ok, so THAT was the INITIAL problem and is the basically the answer to how we got here. All that is somewhat understandable, oversights and over-estimations, etc happen; that's all fine & dandy. The question that I have is THIS:
Why has it REMAINED this way???????????????????????????????
I say again, I understand the initial mistake as to why this happened, but why hasn't something been done about all this over-stock of Wave 1 figures EVER SINCE??? I don't know exactly how it works, but why has the over-stock either not been sent back to Hasbro, or maybe a message sent to Hasbro regarding the situation & had them(meaning a Hasbro rep) come out and view the problem first hand & thus take back the stock to Hasbro themselves. THIS is the vital part----because once (or IF) that gets done, then and only then can space be made available for Target to order newer waves and stock their shelves & stockrooms with stuff that will actually move.

So, basically, there it is in a nutshell. The reason we haven't seen new stuff at Target since like X-Mas is because of this problem. And the only reason that we even saw some of waves 2 & 3 around X-Mas time was because it was holiday time and they anticipated the usual mad holiday rush----otherwise, and this is no exaggeration, if waves 2 & 3 didn't come out right around the holidays, we would have never even seen those at Target either---no joke; TARGET WOULD NOT HAVE RECEIVED ONE SINGLE WAVE BESIDES WAVE 1 HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THAT TIMING FACTOR.

In any case, it's gotten to a point where it's ridiculous, and has been for quite some time now, and something really, really, REALLY needs to be done about this. This is just FUBAR now.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, almost forgot-----surprise surprise, nothing at Watertown Target Sunday morning, lol.

Reaction score
well star wars has been disappointing but this week I've gotten the hydra troopers and that TARGET CAP VS RED SKULL 2 pack at salem target.

Reaction score
Since almost all the posts here over the past 6 months or so have about finding nothing, I figured it's only poetic that the very last, 500th, post in this thread be the same also. So as usual.....nothing to report. Thus, let us move onto Version10 of the
New England Finds...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.