New England Finds v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
meanmarine said:
lol..i glad im not the only one here found of naked chicks and booze!!!
Heck, my "sign off quote" is by Al Swearengen, the man was made of naked chicks & booze, (though some might question his morals, they can't question that) lol!!

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
im still pissed at hbo for cancelling the best series they ever made.
Don't even get me started on that. Some mod will have to come along and "give us the old milkmaid warning wile rubbing his 2 index fingers at us saying "tsssk-tsssk, straighten up your act bad boys OR E-L-S-E!!!".

Reaction score
And I thought the reason I was drinking more had to do with the Bruins run to the Cup! Hasbro strikes again! Given the choice betwwen me going to Providence with the boys versus supporting the toy company in Pawtucket, the wifey will gladly give me her credit card to spend on (as she puts it) "my bad Star Wars habit." She hates the nudie bar!

Reaction score
Heck I love HBO...my sig and avatar are from Game of Thrones. and THAT series has some of the best tv nudity and violence I've seen

Reaction score
we gotta wait a year for season two!!! i gotta do the books im thinking.what a note it ended on last nite

Reaction score
Blight said:
Heck I love HBO...my sig and avatar are from Game of Thrones. and THAT series has some of the best tv nudity and violence I've seen
You obviously have not been watching Spartacus...Game of Thrones doesn't even come close to the amount of nudity and violence

Reaction score
I've got a solidified morbid fascination with [censored] & violence myself, thus the 2 original Rob Zombie movies---"House Of A 1000 Corpses" and "The Devil's rejects" (which was more or less part 2 of "House of a 1000 Corpses")------ is THEEEE mixture of nudity and violence........ They somewhat satisfy me & my somewhat morbid interests, a least.
Brains in jars. live scalping, face fileting, necrophilia, Dr.Satan....and of course--the one & only: CAPTAIN SPAULDING, hahaha!!!! Now HE IS THE MAN, LOL. Is there a funnier character out there in any horror movies??

Not trying to be a half-a**, buzzkilling, wannabe mod here, but I am genuinely curious ------ any findings of wave 7 at any TRU's (or shoot, ANYwhere) ???

Reaction score
maybe i can arrange a ride a long on one of my shifts for ya,fall river fire dept,enough grue to churn your stomach and make you wonder why you came...lol

Reaction score
Goriest movie I've seen is probably Dead Alive directed by Peter Jackson...but the violence is so fake and cartoonish and over the top that it kind of takes you out of it

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
maybe i can arrange a ride a long on one of my shifts for ya,fall river fire dept,enough grue to churn your stomach and make you wonder why you came...lol
Ugh, that sucks man, I know you all go through some awful s***. And thank you for your service, bro.
I was in the military and spend time in many an engagement, some planned, some impromptu, it's the results from the impromptu ones that get to you cause they're often on a street corner, in a mall (what THEY consider a mall over there, at least) with women & children & anybody else around who saw things that NO one should never see.
Fortunately for me, besides your usual military training, I was somewhat "self-trained" for that kind of goriness (rather not get into how or why, this is not the place), but I do have to admit, there a lot of films out there that really "get it right", some just hack it, but some like Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Pacific----man, I had some grandparents and great uncles cry while watching some of those they were so real, Some couldn't even sit through the whole thong.

OK, I'm sorry, let's get back on topic now, no?..........

Sol

Reaction score
I wonder if Whitey Bulger action figures will fetch Wedge prices...

Reaction score
lol!i think wave 7 will be as tough to find as whitey was.fall river walmart had jack [censored] after a reset,headed to swansea shortly,,im a sucker for punishment.i couldnt bring myself to pay ebay prices last nite for bom and logray,but i afraid i might have too

Reaction score
I went to TRU & WM on Wed too. Pretty bad indeed. The last time I asked an employee @ both stores the response was; "I don't know we get trucks in everyday." I wonder if I slip the employee a Jackson he will be more helpful.

Sol

Reaction score
megs said:
I wonder if I slip the employee a Jackson he will be more helpful.

Might be just as helpful if you slipped them a Mickey…

Reaction score
im not above paying off an employee.lol. checked swansea tru and walmart today,no 7 to speak off,did see the speeder bike with side car which would look pretty cool crewed by clones or stormies.i heard someone found wave 7 at f.y.e. i saw no sign of it at the swansea store,thou i finally found a marvel thing there.

Reaction score
Anyone seen the Wedge wave at Newbury Comics (or anywhere else for that matter) lately? Still looking for a Gamorrean Guard or 2

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
I picked up a bon, bariss and tantive trooper at tru today. No sign of the other 3.
do tell before maynard and i have to get all bad ass..lol

Sol

Reaction score
Picked up the Vintage 3-pack today at Target in Southbay. Finally have a nice VOTC Han. Not sure what to do with Luke or Obi-Wan...

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
meanmarine said:
indysolo007 said:
I picked up a bon, bariss and tantive trooper at tru today. No sign of the other 3.
do tell before maynard and i have to get all bad ass..lol
It was actually in Concord, NH. 9.99 each without tax!
Thanks indy! Good find, can't beat the no tax thing especially at $10bucks a figure, man!
And thanks MM for having my back, lol!

Reaction score
Still a whole lotta nothing, but I did find an Archangel from the Marvel Universe line at the Target in Saugus.

Reaction score
swansea and dartmouth both are rocking nothing.did grab some diorama stuff on sale at ac moore thou,so it wasnt a total loss

Reaction score
I had the chance to check out WM & TRU in Warwick, ditto nothing. I forgot about Target & I ALSO forgot FYE closed. Must be getting old.....

Reaction score
Nada on & around Rt9 (all the Framingham stores). Ugh.

Lynn Walmart looks like they had gotten something recently, as they have a couple Grievous, a BAR2, a Vader(real Vader, Boba, Yoda, etc. --- possibly the Wedge wave just missed? (also they have like a 1/2dozen AOTC Obi-Wans if anyone carries any interest).

I bought the Wedge at Newbury like 2-3 weeks back and to me it's pretty worthless. With the amount it's fetching these days, I WISH WISH WISH WISH F'IN WISH!!!!!!! that I had never opened it and could just sell it off to 1 of the crazies somewhere. I am considering selling off the figure loose, and not trying to sound like a scalper here but I'm just fine & happily content with the TLC X-Wing version, thus with the through-the roof-prices for carded Wedge figs, any thoughts on whether it would be worth selling him LOOSE on the website not to be spoke of, simply to help pay off some much needed bills?
There hasn't been a single loose Wedge VC28 that I've seen there for the past 2 weeks, so I don't even have an idea of what it might fetch?

Normally, i would just sell/trade any unwanted figures here at RS for regular price, but this is just one of those figures that crazy folks wanna dish out crazy loot for......and call me what you will for even thinking of evilbay, but I am ins so bad of financial distress you wouldn't believe, I really don't have a choice, sorry. So....any thoughts?

Reaction score
ebay it,see what happens.if anyone calls you a scalper,call em a [censored] whos in the rear with the gear.moneys money brother,it ll be interesting to see what it fetchs loose.id hit while the irons hot,who knows,next month this figure may show up en masse

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Lynn Walmart looks like they had gotten something recently, as they have a couple Grievous, a BAR2, a Vader(real Vader, Boba, Yoda, etc. --- possibly the Wedge wave just missed?
Despite what some may have said...the Wedge case has NOT shown up at any Walmarts, Targets of TRUs. On-line or Newbury comics only

Reaction score
Western Massachusetts is pretty dry, over the past few days I've hit a Wal-Mart in Springfield and in Chicopee and found nothing out of the ordinary and the TRU in Springfield has a couple of cool finds for VC and Saga but again, nothing that is rare or part of the new waves. Seems like everything is dried up and is showing NO signs of changing anytime soon.....

Reaction score
BosskMR---- Thanks for that heads up bro. Makes me feel at least a little better....ya know, like I didn't "just miss it by a minute" sort of feeling. Thanks for the clarification.

and of course, to my main man.....

meanmarine: Yeah, I think that's what I'll do, thanks for the support. Seeing as I do like this figure, I deinitely don't love it for any stand-out reason. And, personally, I simply don't see much difference between this one and the X-WIng one, except that this one is like a centimeter shorter AND ALSO that this one is actually the worse of the 2 molds in that it has a totally "not-supposed-to-be-there-in-the-first-place" saber hilt peg hole. Otherwise, to me at least, they are basically THE EXACT SAME FIGURE while sitting in a cockpat w/the helmet on.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
BosskMR---- Thanks for that heads up bro. Makes me feel at least a little better....ya know, like I didn't "just miss it by a minute" sort of feeling. Thanks for the clarification.
The Walmarts by me have been getting wave 5 and wave 6 which has most of the figures you mentioned

Reaction score
Hey any of you guys playing black ops on the ps3? Just got mine hooked up to the network!

Reaction score
Still no Star Wars but found the latest wave of Marvel (falcon, Dr. Strange etc) and a Red Skull at the Revere Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.