New England Finds v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yea, being that it was at Newbury comics, I was afraid of what the price was going to be when I spun it around.

Sol

Reaction score
Stopped by TRU and Walmart in Brockton after a quick trip to IKEA. Not a damn thing.

Reaction score
bob1138 said:
Yea, being that it was at Newbury comics, I was afraid of what the price was going to be when I spun it around.
I don't buy basic figures from them as often they will raise the price of figures they know are going to be more popular.

Reaction score
Yeah it seems that all the Newbury comics store are receiving the Wedge wave. I musta just missed the one at Fresh Pond today as I walked in and saw new figures up for the first time in long time. If I had to bet money on it, I'd bet it was definitely the Wedge revision case, cause it was basically the entire ROTJ wave(with a TESB Vader mixed in there, don't know if that was old or part of the wave), the wave had Wicket, Luke "Endor Captive", Bar2-D2, Ackbar, Rebel Commando, etc. There were 10 figures there all in all, thus I'm assuming the only things missing were the Gam Guard & Wedge.

Thus, I decided to take a gamble & head over to the Newbury in Harvard Square, being only about 5 minutes away already anyhow. As you can imagine, parking there on a Sunday was a beeeeeeeatch......... but lo & behold, the trip was worth it: they had the exact same wave there, all the exact same figures(Endor Luke, Wicket, Bar2, Ackbar, etc), except this time the Gam Guard & Wedge were still there. I left the GG, used my store credit to get the Wedge(as I swore I wouldn't pay my hard earned money for basically a repack of a figure I already have simply because now his hair and/or facial expression are slightly different. But still, having the store credit enticed me enough to grab it.

So there you have it folks----check your local Newbury Comics, that seems to be best place to get a good 'ole Wedgie these days (sophomoric I know, lol, but sorry I couldn't resist).

Reaction score
Blight said:
I don't buy basic figures from them as often they will raise the price of figures they know are going to be more popular.
Agreed. Its the same with New England comics.

Reaction score
Just in case anybody here is really interested enough to care(which I'm sure no one is, but still.....), apparently what we're seeing at Newbury is "technically" called:

Wave 3 Revision 11:
(1 of each)
--VC08 Darth Vader (I guess that explains why I saw that mixed in there yesterday)
--VC14 Sandtrooper
--VC15 Clone Trooper EpIII
--VC20 Yoda
--VC21 Gamorrean Guard
--VC22 Admiral Ackbar
--VC23 Luke Skywalker (Endor Captive card-pic)
--VC24 Wooof (Skiff Guard)
--VC25 R2-D2 w/Drink Tray & Saber Hilt
--VC26 Rebel Commando
--VC27 Wicket
--VC28 Wedge Antilles

Reaction score
Same as it was before breakdown wise. with the exception of yoda and wedge. Ever wondered why there were so many case revisions of wave 3 in the fall with doubles of any random figure in the wave? Cause they pulled the wedges from the cases.

Reaction score
Blight said:
Ever wondered why there were so many case revisions of wave 3 in the fall with doubles of any random figure in the wave?
I don't think anybody recalls getting "so many" of any waves AT ALL after the initial release of the Vintage line with the Empire wave.

Reaction score
I think you missed the point. There were at least 7 revision cases of wave 3. Each one doubled up on one new figure from the wave.

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
anyone see wave 7 yet? the wait is killing me
Nope, I personally haven't. Going by the generic TVC Recent Acquisitions thread, it seems that the wave has already hit the east coast though; seems that it started down in FLA and appears to to be working its way upward. So far, the highest north I've read reports seems to be South Carolina. Though, the front page did have a report of a Tennessee find, which is technically a state higher than SC I suppose, but I'm not sure if Tenn is east enough to be considered "east coast", lol (though it was in Knoxville, TN which is on the eastern end of the state lol, rather than, say, Memphis which is waaaaay over on the western most tip). OK, sorry about that folks, your geography lesson for the day is now complete, haha, back to normalcy.

And oh yeah almost forgot------ also, for some odd reason, it appears that TRU is the main (only?) source of of the finds thus far.

Reaction score
swansea and fall river have no wave seven yet,no marvel either other then a few iron man.swansea tru is really lacking in everything

Reaction score
swansea and fall river have no wave seven yet,no marvel either other then a few iron man.swansea tru is really lacking in everything

Reaction score
was in framingham today and went to run an errand at the target...found a commander colt!!!! no other figures. nothing at walmart or TRU

Reaction score
nothibng in fall river or swansea.gonna try daRTMOUTH next.its like a sickness,the desire to find these at retail.weigh in time gas and fustration,its ends up cheaper to buy online...lol

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
nothibng in fall river or swansea.gonna try daRTMOUTH next.its like a sickness,the desire to find these at retail.weigh in time gas and fustration,its ends up cheaper to buy online...lol
I broke down and ordered wave 7 from Toymaniacs. I'm not freaked out that I would never find them just paid extra for the convenience, guess I'm getting old(the wacky distributions getting old too). Also picked up a 2nd Wedge at Newbury Comics as an opener, which was fine since the cardback wasn't in the best shape.

Reaction score
Unless you're looking for an army of Dengars, Cloud Car Pilots & Clone Troopers, don't bother with the Brockton Toys Aren't Us. lol

Reaction score
WHOLEWHEAT said:
Unless you're looking for an army of Dengars, Cloud Car Pilots & Clone Troopers, don't bother with the Brockton Toys Aren't Us. lol
Ugh. Forget just Brockton, you can say just any MA TRU in general. I called every TRU within 20 miles of Boston today-------and even though I gotta hand to them, all of them were EXTREMELY nice on the phone w/looking up the UPC #'s in the computers and very helpful checking figure-by-figure on the floor-------none of them have anything even resembling this wave either on the floor nor in stock. And they all basically said the same thing: "We won't be getting anything new "Vintage" stock in for a while since we have our pegs filled to the max with so many of the same 2-3 figures (one can only assume they are speaking of Dengars, Cloud Car Pilots and 4-LOMs), and there simply would be nowhere to put anything else. We would have nowhere to put them"

Here's our only hope people:since TRU restock on Fridays, our plan is to go & buy up all the Dengs, CCP's & 4LOMs between now & Thurs and we just might have a shot. Ummm, yeah, rrrriiiiiiight, that's gonna happen. Eh, man oh man, what a s-show all around.

I'm usually one who NEVER calls stores and asks them to look for figs, but I did today for 2 reasons: 1)this is getting just ridiculous & w/gas prices the way they are, I'm basically so desperate that I had to, and 2)still, being as bad as this is getting, I still wouldn't have called a "regular" store(Targ/WM) asking to look for a figure. Only reason I gave in & did was cause TRU is a toys-only store & a lot of their employees (ok, some of their employees)are still "kids at heart" and don't mind looking through toys, as that's what they do day after day anyhow. Whereas a dept store employee works in whatever department they're told to, and don't know "ARC Commander" from "Art Wall-hanger"(nor do I expect them to, don't get me wrong).

I'll wait till this Friday, check TRU's again (hitting the usual "on-my-regular-routes" Targets & WalMarts in the meantime), and if we still got nada, I'm not wasting any more $4/gal, I'm just gonna go the online route.

Reaction score
I grew up in Brockton during the 80's, I need to take a trip through there to see how it's holding up these days.

I remember back when I was buying Episode II and Episode III figures both the Toy Works in the mall and the Toy Works on the other side of town along with the TRU at the mall were essential for finding Star Wars figures back in those days, I would also find quite a bit of figures at the Wal-Mart heading into Abington too. That was back when the figures were out in support of the movies and they could be found virtually everywhere but since no more new movies are coming out I fear Star Wars figures will never enjoy the same success they did during that time. Hopefully the re-release of the films in 3D will cause a spike in figure collecting and product will be available in mass ammounts everywhere we go like it was some 6-8 years ago.

Reaction score
bob1138 said:
Grabbed this at the Newbury comics in Saugus. 12.99, fair price in today's market.

Thanks for this heads up BTW. Because of it I was able to grab a nice minty Wedge to keep carded at the Bellingham Newbury last weekend. Well worth the $13. Was going to try and track down another to open but didn't want to hunt for it considering it costs $13 and its not that much different than the one that came with the Target X-Wing awhile back. Better looking head sculpt, but I display my loose one with the helmet on anyway. So no use chasing a second, figured my karma will be better off if I didn't scoop the local ones up myself anyway. Pretty sure he'll re-appear in a case in the next 8-12 months anyway.

But thanks again for mentioning this! Looks like the heads up helped a couple of us out.

Reaction score
sHa_ckwave said:
bob1138 said:
Grabbed this (Wedge) at the Newbury comics in Saugus. 12.99, fair price in today's market.
Thanks for this heads up BTW. Because of it I was able to grab a nice minty Wedge to keep carded at the Bellingham Newbury last weekend. But thanks again for mentioning this! Looks like the heads up helped a couple of us out.

Wedge.......its not that much different than the one that came with the Target X-Wing awhile back. Better looking head sculpt.....
bob1138 ----Thank you on my behalf as well. If it weren't for you I would have never even checked there. Much appreciated.

sHa_cKwave ----As for what you stated about the figure: I definitely agree, not much different besides the (very) slight) headsculpt. The only other noticables are that he is shorter than the X-Wing Pack-In, and he now has a lightsaber hilt peg hole for some unnecessary reason.

As for recent finds (or should I say "recent non-finds" :
Save your gas on the following:
Salem Walmart
Watertown Target
South Bay Target

....zilch at any/all of 'em,.....just fyi. Big surprise, huh?

Reaction score
I hit the NC in Burlington and picked up a Wicket and Wolff. Still no sign of a Gamorean Guard. If anyone sees him in their travels to NC, would be greatly appreciated if you could pick one up for me. I'm looking for 2, but 1 is better than none. I'm in Dallas through Wednesday and plan on hitting Target, TRU and Walmart. Have room in the suitcase to bring some new additions back to Boston.....

Reaction score
The Springfield, MA TRU had remnants of wave 7...doh! Saw Jango, Luke, and Boba, amongst the left overs...I hate left overs.

Reaction score
JohnnyAvgou said:
The Springfield, MA TRU had remnants of wave 7...doh! Saw Jango, Luke, and Boba, amongst the left overs...I hate left overs.
I was there just the other day, I saw the Jedi Luke and a Grevious, the Jango must be newly put out unless it was on a peg somewhere else due to a customer moving it or something. I go to this TRU quite often.

Reaction score
Saw tons of Crossbones yesterday. Have yet to see red skull since the day they hit with wave 2....

Before the end of the month Terminators and Predators will hit with new waves at TRU too. All the non SW lines are killing me.

Reaction score
sHa_ckwave & Maynard, my pleasure and thanks to Blight for his reported find which lit a fire under my butt to go looking around for Mr. Wedge.

Also, received my wave 7 from Toymaniacs today. Not crazy about the price but all arrived in good shape.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Anybody? Anything? Anywhere?
(wave 7-ly speaking, of course)
nothing today in fall river,dartmouth,or swansea.ive already spent beau coup bucks on time and gas alone.im done in the stores,i gotta buy online now,itll actually be cheaper and less annoying.no marvel either.does hasbro make toys? its amazing to me we gotta work this hard to spend money.my other hobby of strippers and cocktails is thriving of the figure money..lol the money i wouldve given to hasbro today ended up going to two lap dances and two rum and cokes instead

Reaction score
any local guys have a spare red light sabre? doesnt matter whose. i must admit ive grabbed yet another fi-ek-whatever and a weequey for customs in diorama stuff.anyone seeing giran[green klatu]i could use another one

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
my other hobby of strippers and cocktails is thriving of the figure money..lol the money i wouldve given to hasbro today ended up going to two lap dances and two rum and cokes instead
I hear ya man, I haven't spent this much money at The Other Side & the Squire in like 10+ years, sheesh. Back then I was just a young dude hanging out there with my girlfriend and/or buddies, now it's just out of sheer boredom (plus, I've been "friends" with one the girls at T.O.S. for the past year or so anyway). Come on Hasbro, get on the ball & take my money(pun intended) cause if you won't, someone else happily is.

As for your "Giran" and red lightsaber----check your PM in about 3-4 minutes, I gotchya bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.