New England Finds v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here we are once again kiddies, just a couple posts away from hitting 500 & moving onto yet another new Finds post. This last one moved pretty darn slow compared to some other ones we've had in the past. Due to a slow past year, I guess.

Version 8 is now at 498, I believe, so after that hits capacity, we'll move on over here..........

Sol

Reaction score
Went on a late run last night… OK, I actually went to Fuddrucker's in Saugus as I didn't feel like cooking. On my way back, I stopped by Target, no wave 2 but there was one lone AT-AT. Next was Target in Everett, again, no wave 2, but they did have a few AT-ATs. I didn't bother to ask for a case from the back, burgers were already getting cold.

Reaction score
Worcester Walmart - Re-stocked TONS of Vintage empire wave...no wave 2 ROTS

Leicester Walmart - Stocked ROTS wave over the weekend. one case was completely crushed (figures were flattened to the cards)

Westboro - Vintage ROTS

Reaction score
Bossk_MR said:
Leicester Walmart - Stocked ROTS wave over the weekend. one case was completely crushed (figures were flattened to the cards)
Damn, that would have been a dream come true for me. I woulda taken them up to customer service and used the old "well, these are collector items, blah blah blah, thus I feel I need a 25-30% discount at the least. It's worked before. Silly as it may sound, (so long as the figure is 100% intact & mint, I LOVE finding out of whack cards, ie:crushed/bent/torn/whatever).

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Bossk_MR said:
Damn, that would have been a dram come true for me. I woulda taken them up to customer service and used the old "well, these are collector items, blah blah blah, thus I feel I need a 25-30% discount at the least. It's worked before. Silly as it may sound, (so long as the figure is 100% intact & mint, I LOVE finding out of whack cards, ie:crushed/bent/torn/whatever).
they're only SUPPOSED to give discounts to electronics items or appliances that are damaged like that. When I worked at walmart I never gave discounts on ANYTHING without calling it over to a store manager.

Reaction score
Check out the AWESOME custom SWAP Aurra Sing at Natick Target.

also Walmart has a POTF2 Hoth Luke swapped into a vintage AT-AT commander

Reaction score
Super Walmart in Leicester has a Jabba set....it's been there all week long. They also put out 1 case of ROTS vintage

Reaction score
Indysolo, you're the man!!! After reading your post, I phoned Walmart in Abington and had them hold a Jabba for me. There was still one on the shelf when I left. Much thanks

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got one! I was starting to think I was the only one in the state who had one, welcome to the club!

Reaction score
There's 2 Jabba's sitting on the shelf at the Walmart in Seabrook, NH and some AT-ATs on a pallet.

Reaction score
There was still 1 Jabba on the shelf at the Abington Wal-Mart around noon. Picked it up, oohed over it, and promptly put it back down.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
bob1138 said:
There's 2 Jabba's sitting on the shelf at the Walmart in Seabrook, NH and some AT-ATs on a pallet.
What he said. They were both still there as of yesterday (or restocked anyway).

Reaction score
Jabba is finally showing up, huh? That's good to hear.
I really thought this was gonna turn into one of those nightmare-to-find items......kinda like those last 2 Comic Packs, the Utapau one & the Kashyyyk one.

Reaction score
Picked up the vintage variant boxed atat in brocton tru. They had 1 case of the sith vintage. Picked up anakin. They had all but emperor. Fett silver foil and obi wan silver foil.

Reaction score
Picked Up these at Bellingham TRU:

ARC Trooper & Mandalorian Battle Packs
CW Ki-Adi-Mudi
Clone Pilot Goji
Flamethrower Clone
Deluxe Mandalorian Speeder
and
Foil Fett

Sol

Reaction score
Guys, I have it up in the trade section, but I do have 2 Anakins loose, for trade or sale. Looking to trade for a Rahm Kota. $5 loose. Both are mint/complete. I haven't even removed them from their inner bubble. Long story.

Reaction score
I noticed the new mandalorian and arc battlepacks at tru in n attleboro earlier this week.also got my rocket firing fetts in the mail, really cool looking.

Reaction score
Wow, this thread has been dead for good minute. When the heck do we think that Targets & WalMarts are gonna get wave 2 on a regular?

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Wow, this thread has been dead for good minute. When the heck do we think that Targets & WalMarts are gonna get wave 2 on a regular?
all the ones I've been to have a ton. I've hit every store in the greater boston area in the past 2 days.

Sol

Reaction score
At this point I'm willing to offer it up, and I'm just doing it here to you guys that I'm familiar with: does anyone want a VC ROTS Anakin?

Reaction score
Blight said:
Maynard said:
all the ones I've been to have a ton. I've hit every store in the greater boston area in the past 2 days.
Oh. no doubt, all the Targets,WM's & TRU's I've been to over the last 2-3 weeks have been packed to the ends of the shelves/pegs/etc with Saga Legends, TCW, Vintage wave 1(wave 2in a few of them, VERY FEW--and tse would be basically just Obi-Wan repacks), and a bunch of the recent deluxe packs(Cad Bane's, Plo Koon's, Pilot Anakin w/Naboo thing, Battle Droid w/STAP, etc). And the shelves have been all just Anakin Starfighters, blue Republic Tanks, a few Snowspeeders, and mostly Cloud Cars.
TRU's still have an s-load of old Evolution sets Rebel Pilots mostly/some Padme, etc, and some even still have TIE Interceptors. But no stores have had anything new come in of late, thus, my comment about nothing to report.

Oh yeah, before I forget, just in case anyone missed it the 1st time, and has an extra like 46 bucks burnin a hole in their pocket, Framingham Walmrt has stocked up with at least half-a-dozen AT-ST's. Meh.

Reaction score
Stores I've found wave 2 (ROTS) at:
Revere Target
Everett Target
Quincy Walmart
Lynn Walmart
Salem Walmart

Reaction score
Blight said:
Stores I've found wave 2 (ROTS) at:
Revere Target
Everett Target
Quincy Walmart
Lynn Walmart
Salem Walmart
Wow, that's pretty good, comparatively speaking. I've only seen 2 ROTS figures outside of a TRU: 2 ROTS Obi-Wans at Framingham WalMart.

Figured it was only a matter of time......but it does suck that TRU is going to be at least 3-4 weeks(AT LEAST) ahead of Targert & WM in terms of waves for the Vintage line. Ugh.

Reaction score
well we don't know about the ROTJ wave yet. Fingers crossed it hits target first (as theres a lot of targets in boston) and it hits heavy...as I plan on buying a lot of those figures.

Reaction score
Blight said:
well we don't know about the ROTJ wave yet. Fingers crossed it hits target first
I'd love for that to happen myself. Seeing, however, that Targets are JUST recently getting in wave 2, whereas TRU has had them for at least a month (if not longer), chances are Target won't see wave 3(ROTJ) before TRU.
Unfortunately. I know it stinks to hear, but it's just the sad fact at this point.

Reaction score
Milford Target has 3 cases worth of the ROTS non-foil wave (includes 2 Sandtroopers) Unfortunately it looks as if the yellowing of white plastic has started to effect the Sandtroopers now. Some of the Clone Troopers helmets were closer to green then even yellowing.

Also, someone swapped older ARC Troopers for the animated ARC Trooper Battle Pack

Reaction score
Bossk_MR said:
Milford Target has 3 cases worth of the ROTS non-foil wave (includes 2 Sandtroopers) Unfortunately it looks as if the yellowing of white plastic has started to effect the Sandtroopers now. Some of the Clone Troopers helmets were closer to green then even yellowing.
This yellowing thing is really beginning to bother me, especially with the Clone's helmets. They come yellow/greenish straight outta the package, & that ain't cool. I haven't noticed the Sandies, as I think I haven't been interested, being that I think I got my fill of Sandtroopers between the Evolutions line, TSC, Legends and the few Dewbacks that I got, so I haven't bought one, nor even looked at one. I'll take a peek next time I see one. to see what's up.

Someone's gotta put in a Q to Hasbro in the next Q & A session about these helmets---Plus the missing line above the eyes that I have to paint in myself. Not cool, for figures that are supposed to top of the line.

Reaction score
How about they just stop making removable helmets and giving the stupid prequel heads to OT characters?

Reaction score
TRU in Salem, NH had the Boba/Mace pack, Mando speeder, Mando figure pack, etc...I walked out of there empty handed after refusing to pay $10.99 for a Nikto Guard TRU Ex that is a basic figure..

Be warned the Nikto is not part of the 2 for $11.99 promotion going on at TRU and even though it is a 3.75" figure it has a different barcode and will not be honored by management

Reaction score
Maynard said:
Bossk_MR said:
I haven't noticed the Sandies, as I think I haven't been interested, being that I think I got my fill of Sandtroopers between the Evolutions line, TSC, Legends and the few Dewbacks that I got, so I haven't bought one, nor even looked at one. I'll take a peek next time I see one. to see what's up.

Someone's gotta put in a Q to Hasbro in the next Q & A session about these helmets---Plus the missing line above the eyes that I have to paint in myself. Not cool, for figures that are supposed to top of the line.
I just noticed the Sandtroopers in the non-foil assortments.

I put this question in with Banthaskull.com last year and Hasbro would not respond to it. They told Banthaskull that they were not aware of this. So one of the guys who helps run the site actually sent him some samples. ( Saga Legends Clones, Legacy Stormtrooper, Legacy EU Spacetrooper and Matchstick)

Reaction score
Bossk_MR said:
I put this question in with Banthaskull.com last year and Hasbro would not respond to it. They told Banthaskull that they were not aware of this. So one of the guys who helps run the site actually sent him some samples. ( Saga Legends Clones, Legacy Stormtrooper, Legacy EU Spacetrooper and Matchstick)
Yeah this was Bossk_MR's question:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
There has been a disturbing trend with the coloring of white plastic being used in the recent case assortments arriving at retail. Figures such as CW Matchstick’s helmet, SL Ep II, Ep III & 501st Clones (arms, legs & head) and the Legacy TRU exclusive Spacetrooper’s (arms & legs) are arriving fresh out of the case yellowed, dirty & just nasty. Early releases of these figures (except for the Spacetrooper) were a bright clean white. Is Hasbro aware of this problem? If so are there any plans to fix this and avoid the type of plastic being used on these figures & other figures in the future?

[/QUOTE]

And the reply was basically the DDP was completely unaware of the issue and was surprised by the question.

At the Auburn TRU, I saw a ROTS clone that was an abomination. The helmet was green and the legs were green. I'm going to go back tonight to see if it's still there. If it is, I'm going to buy it and post an article on BS simply titled "This isn't good enough".

Reaction score
I saw one yesterday that was, with NO EXAGGERATION, thoroughly tinted green as if that was supposed to be the actual look of the character. I've ALWAYS been an advocate for removable helmets, but if it's this or nothing(meaning non-removable), I'll take the n-r's and deal with it just fine. Through Evolutions, ATTE's, etc, I've got plenty of removable helmet ROTS Clones, so, I'm not worried.
A few different deco'ed removable-helmeted ROTS Clones would have been nice (Utapau/Shocktrooper/Coruscant Landing Platform grey/501st), and I'd think that some different color paint on it would hide the tinting much better---specifically the Shocktrooper since it's got a lot of red on the helmet, whereas most of the others are just the one stripe down the top---but I don't know, really. This is a disturbing trend, especially for folks like myself who love the whole removable helmet thing.

Reaction score
It's not just limited to the helmets though. That's just where it seems to pop up most frequently and is most noticeable, but limbs may also be discolored and has been seen in all three lines. I know Bossk_MR has seen some figures with discolored limbs.

JTA reports that in addition to correcting the belt on the ROTS clone, the yellowing/greening issue may also have been corrected:

http://jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6984

Reaction score
Well, that sounds good. Still, I'm gonna go over to the Ask Hasbro section and throw this in for the next Q & A.
TO WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE OF PICKING QUESTION, PLEASE USE THIS AS ONE.
WHO SECONDS THIS NOTION??? SHOW YOUR SUPPORT HERE & NOW!!

Reaction score
Bossk_MR said:
Maynard said:
Bossk_MR said:
I haven't noticed the Sandies, as I think I haven't been interested, being that I think I got my fill of Sandtroopers between the Evolutions line, TSC, Legends and the few Dewbacks that I got, so I haven't bought one, nor even looked at one. I'll take a peek next time I see one. to see what's up.

I just noticed the Sandtroopers in the non-foil assortments.

Good luck. http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Defense-HOTH-Battle-Pack-TARGET-Exclusive-/200527881589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb064a575 http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Attack-HOTH-Battle-Pack-TARGET-Exclusive-/200527882071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb064a757

Status
Not open for further replies.