New England Finds v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Vader4Life said:
Personally, I keep everything in package, my choice. I like it displayed that way, but to each their own. That TRU is ok for finding new product however...and this to Hasbro and TRU
In all honesty, if I owned a gigantic mansion, lol, I would probably go that route too, but unfortunately, space prohibits is. I did howver, usd to be that way. I would buy 2 of everything, one to open, one to store away. Once I came to the realization that thre is no need to keep them boxed & I was basically just wasting money on 2 of the same item, that's when I offically gave up. I think it was rihght around the time Hasbro realeased it's 1st ever (Saga '03 ror '04 "Greatest Hits" wave), I kinda saw it as an omen of things to come & BOY WAS I RIGHT!!!! I immediately nipped it in the bud, I rented three large size tall-vans from UHaul, and took everything right over to Toy Vault in Rhode island. At the time I used to also collect 12" Hasbro figures also(god only knows why, bored I guess). and thus was able to get rid of those BOTH carded AND loose also, which was a HUGE plus in terms of space saving. So needless to say(while I still have aprox 10-15 totes of SW stuff, it's much lbeter/much lighter than the having previous amount which was clsoer to right around 40-50. Ridiculous. SIDE NOTE---Thank goodness I sold those 12" Hasbro right when I did, it was literllay like one month before Sideshow realeased there upcoming idea, lol, thus I got extremely lucky

Like you said though, some items, simple do look beter carded, I just don't have the luxury at the moment.

OH PS--I gave in and bought one on of those CW Obi_Wan side cart Speeder things I was just recently making light of just yedterday(fickle, aren't i, lol). Haven't opened it yet, so don;t ask quit yet, prolly tomorrow

Reaction score
TRU in Brockton had the new legacy packs (Boba/Greivous/Vader), the mega Slave 1 Battle pack $109, and a TON of regular box AT-ATs. I asked them about the variant - they said they know they sold 1 already and were even kind enough to check in back for me, to no avail.

KMart in Brockton had a ton of Jasters and the Commando Squad box sets.

Reaction score
iluvsnowtroopers said:
T a TON of regular box AT-ATs. I asked them about the variant - they said they know they sold 1 already and were even kind enough to check in back for me
Whoa whoa!! What rock am I living under? By "variant AT-AT", do you mean there is an actual variant model out there now? Or when you say "variant", did you mean just one of the ones with the old looking box with no difference to the toy whatsoever?

Reaction score
[censored] you swappers. That is all.

I got a tip that as of 10:30 PM there was ONE Jabba on the shelves at the Woonsocket, RI Wal-Mart (probably a 15 min. drive from the Bellingham, MA WM). Can't/won't be able to confirm it myself, but its from a reliable collecting chum. Probably will still be there in the AM as they close at midnight.

Reaction score
I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see this Jabba in accessible numbers around here. I'm gonna guess & say that Hasbro is gonna come out soon in a Q & A with some reason why this happened(besides, of course, just coming right out and saying "WalMart is THEEE worst possible store choice for an exclusive, sorry that we did it to you yet again") and explain that they are going to put them up on some website---either their own or EntEarth etc----- and sell it that way.
Because this is getting(or should I say "already has gotten) well out og hand for almost all of us.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to pop the price up another 5 bucks, which will then be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO HIGH....add onto that, shipping costs and wow, man. Just wow. They gotta do something about fixing this issue.....and soon I hope.

Reaction score
I agree that I lucked out on jabba. Walmart in methuen claimed to have 2 in stock the same day I got him in lynn.

I picked up sidious, anakin/vader, magna guard and greivous at target in everett. The guy brought me the box from out back. I left cody, clone,obi wan and sandtrooper. Also sidious, magna and greivous are ugh.

Reaction score
Blight said:
Well Jabba is on walmart.com for less than retail. I went ahead and ordered him.
Well that sold out quick.

I stopped into the Quincy WalMart (what a dump). They didn't have it, or room for it for that matter. They had the AtAt over by the bikes cos their toy section is so small.

I know regret not getting it when I saw it in Raynham! Although I didn't want it I feel bad cos I could've got it for someone else. I'm so sorry friends...

Reaction score
087 06 1351 I believe. But that's isn't just wave 2. That is for the vintage line in its entirety.

Reaction score
Picked up the Dack Ralter figure from Target in Smithfield. It's a pretty good figure, I'm happy with it.

Did anyone go to the yard sale that gotswtoys had on the 29th? He was a very nice guy, I ended up getting the Evolutions Pilot Pack #3 and The Legacy Collection Luke X-Wing pilot for $20.

Sol

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
087 06 1351 I believe. But that's isn't just wave 2. That is for the vintage line in its entirety.
Yeah, I checked at the Target in Somerville. Nothing.

And by the way, Toyzam at the Galleria is caput. LOL, what a joke of a store...

Reaction score
Wife for B-Day surprised me with the UPB Rise of Boba Fett (found at Swansea TRU) and Wave #2 of Vintage, all UGH plus Han & Vader from wave#1 UGH (found at Plymouth Wal-Mart)

Reaction score
2 reasons why I am posting (or even awake) this early on a Sat morninging(actually, I've been awake and driving for about 45 minutes now & I'm bored, thus I figured I post and help some of you out. Well now...

Reason #1: the reason I'm up--I woke up with a horrible hangover in some town out in god knows where way west on 495/mass pike area in a bed next to someone I do not recall ever seeing before(to my credit, I will have to pat myself on the back and say she was pretty damn cute so no "morning after regrets" on this one. Not even close, lol). Long story short, once speaking to her and pieceing together the details of the night before, I got up & out before having to have this girl see me in my same Jack Daniel's stenched clothes yet again, sans toothbrush(exchanged numbers though, so it's all good, nothing lost). Thus the reason I've been up & driving since like 6:45am on a damn Saturday morning.

Now, onto Reason #2: To help YOU, yes YOU. While nearing Rt9 whilst driving back on the Pike, I decided I'd try Framingham Walamart yet again and came up fruitlessly yet again.
Thus, I figured, I'd at least save some of you all the gas & aggravation of wasting a decent Saturday afternoon(while I sleep my butt off) so you don't have to drive way out there for yet another no Jabba sighting.

Here's hoping I saved some of you a trip.

Reaction score
Pardon the back-to back posts, but I had a quick question for you guys if you don't mind. I like to do this every year or so (since the folks around here--minus the 4-5 regulars--tend to change around that amount of time, just to get some feedback from my fellow locals.

As a few of you may have noticed, I tend to put up nearly as many "nothing-to-be-found-at-store-x" posts as I do actual "found something" posts.
The reason behind this, as I'm sure it's obvious to most, is simply to save wasted you all time & daytrips (nevermind mentioning today's off-the-chart gas prices.)

So anyhow, the reason for the post---
If youguys could respond real briefly with a short reply of something like "Keep it up, it definitely saves me some trips" or just a "don't bother dude, thanks but its mostly just really annoying". I'd really appreciate the input, just so I know how you all feel.

Reaction score
For those looking they have the rots vintage wave at walmart in avon. Multiples with ugh aplenty.

Reaction score
Stopped by Target in Smithfield again, I picked up the Luke Snowspeeder pilot. No Snowspeeder though, they didn't have it last week either.

Reaction score
Sol said:
indysolo007 said:
Yeah, I checked at the Target in Somerville. Nothing.

And by the way, Toyzam at the Galleria is caput. LOL, what a joke of a store...
Just an fyi. Targets in somerville and south bay do not have backrooms where they store stock. Only everett and revere do.

Reaction score
Went to Wal-Mart in Cranston today, got the new Snowspeeder. Big AT-AT is there as well if anyone's interested.

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
Just an fyi. Targets in somerville and south bay do not have backrooms where they store stock. Only everett and revere do.
Right. Watertown doesn't have an actual "stock room" either(except maybe just what came off a truck recently & hasn't hit the floor yet), it's actually about 4-5 miles down the road from the store itself.

Alrighty boys & girls, we've surpassed 500 posts & this thread is fitting to be locked soon, thus I suggest we move on to version 9. Let's see who has the first decent sighting there, lol.............................
See you all there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.