New England Finds v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What a terrible choice by Hasbro for a store to use to carry an exclusive. K-Mart. Sheesh. Does Caldor still exist? That may have been the only worse choice.
Good thing I'm not interested in the Dojo character(not sure where he's even originated from).

Reaction score
I haven't been in a Kmart in forever...I guess I have to hit one up now to get he nephew Jodo Kast. Can any New Englanders recommend some places with GG and Sideshow products in stock locally. I am in Southern NH and Newbury Comics inventory is getting old and the local comic shops I tried (Chris's Comics in Salem) had a good figure selection but no GG or SS

Reaction score
There is a Newsstand store in the Newington Mall that carries a large assortment of SS and GG stuff, and not all of it is Star Wars. The SS is a bit pricey ($120 for Vader and $90 for the Stormtrooper), but the selection is decent.

HeadlessGree said:
I haven't been in a Kmart in forever...I guess I have to hit one up now to get he nephew Jodo Kast. Can any New Englanders recommend some places with GG and Sideshow products in stock locally. I am in Southern NH and Newbury Comics inventory is getting old and the local comic shops I tried (Chris's Comics in Salem) had a good figure selection but no GG or SS

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the Framingham TRU just got a shipment of the 3 new "mini-rig" packs(or whatever we're calling them. Deluxe?): Plo w/Speeder, Bane w/Speeder & Anakin w/mini-Naboo thing.

Initially, I was tempted to get the Ban set just to have a Bane with knees, but I equated it back to thinking "biy, this POTF2 Gunner STation is really worth buying, the Darth Vader pack-in has swivel knees". As I LMAFAO at my sorry self nearly 15 years later. I'll wait. A great Bane soon enough, there will be.

Oh by the way, they also have above a dozen of those ridiculous looking nearly 10-inch tall Wat Tambor looking dude. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the CW cartoon, but some of the toys are SOOOOOOOO child-based. Which is fine, I suppose. You cant blame Hasbro, somebody has to pay the bills for super articulated Dengar, right, lol?

PS--If anyone is thinking that they maybe only want the figure from the Plo set, gimme a holler, I'd be up for paying for the bike half of it. Sol & I did something just like that once, worked out perfect for both of us. Just send me a PM.

Reaction score
Target in Bedford, NH had a full stocking of the new lines. Anti-Hailfire Battle Packs, Vintage figures, new packaging figures, Snowspeeder, Clones vs Droids Battle Packs...my nephew is now the proud owner of the Mando Police Officer and Pre Vizsla

Reaction score
I'm officially done with vintage stuff for now. Got an atat @ tru in woburn. 80 bucks with my rewards coupon of 20% off! Can't wait to get this thing together.

This thing is pretty amazing. Tons of features. It never shuts up! Its massive! Tied as most awesome vehicle with the big falcon.

Reaction score
target in watertown and sommerville have piles of them. att, figures vehicles, deluxe, ya not too interested these figures will be around.

Reaction score
what are the prices atTarget as compared to TRU? As in vintage figs, atat, starfigher size vehicles?

Reaction score
Maynard said:
what are the prices atTarget as compared to TRU? As in vintage figs, atat, starfigher size vehicles?

I didn't check out the vehicles, but I got my vintage for $7.99 in Watertown. They were restocking Clone Wars this morning in like 3 different areas (figure aisle, and one end cap on each side of a different row)

Reaction score
clone wars and saga where $6.99 vintage $7.99.

big att 99 didn't look at the vehicles

Reaction score
Got my owen- maul comic pack today. I like it. Pretty awesome articulation on maul. Target in everett had the vintage figures yesterday, I had them already so they may still be there. Target in saugus has the vehicles and at at.

Reaction score
I was initially really turned off by this set indysolo(still am really). Have no interest in them Maul whatsoever, but i figured he'd bring enough sale/trade value to justify just getting it just for the owen. Is the Owen, alone, worth picking up the set???(Assuming I'm gonna get something decent for hybrid-maul thing?

Reaction score
Keep those eyes open for that dude named JABBA my friends. Hopefully it shant be long.

Although I do admit that I'm dreading having to start stalking Wal-Marts again... I haven't had to stalk and don't think I've even been in one in months... or at least not in a toy aisle. Oh well, for Jabba it will be worth it.

Reaction score
I saw Kul Tesca (sp?) at Woburn Toys r us today...what a piece of junk! Why is it so large? Also, even if collectors wanted it, the packaging would make it a nightmare.

Sol

Reaction score
Found Vintage wave at Southbay Target earlier tonight. No Luke, but they had all others. Picked up a Hoth Leia. They also had the GH AT-AT, for those interested.

Reaction score
Found the Vintage line @ Target Seekonk, MA as well, however there were no Fetts. They also had the Saga line.

Reaction score
fall river and raynham walmart told me that they dont even have jabba on order,to try back at xmas time....lol can this be right???

Reaction score
megs said:
Found the Vintage line @ Target Seekonk, MA as well, however there were no Fetts. They also had the Saga line.
Yeah, it seems to be playing itself out where Boba & Luke are the HTF of the bunch, whereas Zuckuss, Fake AT-AT Dude, and Cloud Car Pilot are the deep peg warmers.

Thats exactly how it was only TRU was getting them. Now that Target is being flooded(and I mean ABSOLUTELY FLOODED) with them, it seems that Vader is becoming quite the peg warmer himself, which is somewhat strange. Also at the the Target stores I've seen, Hoth Leia seems to be hanging out(no pun intended) with dad quite a bit as well these days.

Its all really strange when you think about it, considering so many of the TRU & Targets that I would hit are not far in proximity from one another.

Reaction score
meanmarine said:
fall river and raynham walmart told me that they dont even have jabba on order,to try back at xmas time....lol can this be right???
that just doesn't sound right...

Reaction score
So I assume no Jabba sightings yet.

...anyone spot the K-Mart exclusive Jodo Kast up here yet?

Reaction score
sHa_ckwave said:
So I assume no Jabba sightings yet.

...anyone spot the K-Mart exclusive Jodo Kast up here yet?
I think Indy picked up Jodo if you go up/back a bit, though I could be mistaken.

More importantly, as haven't been paying all that much attention to the "main" generic forums, I'm out of the loop. Is Jabba slated to hit soon? Has he showed up in other parts of the country, starting normally in Arizona/Calif area, then heading east(per usual route of Star Wars product travel)???

Reaction score
He showed up out West and in Texas but then was found in NJ and Maryland so its safe to assume he could pop up here at any time. Or they could just put him on their website and make life easier for the lot of us... nahhhhh.

Reaction score
sHa_ckwave said:
He showed up out West and in Texas but then was found in NJ and Maryland so its safe to assume he could pop up here at any time. Or they could just put him on their website and make life easier for the lot of us... nahhhhh.
Cool bro, thanks for the info, much appreciate it.

PS--I'm gonna go to the customizing section with this obviously, but I figured I'd ask some of us locals first. I picked up an extra Po Nudo on clearance recently, with my plan being to somehow customize him into his aide([censored]'ido, I believe was his name). Has anybody around here made this dude and have any suggestions for me?

Sol

Reaction score
Blight said:
Anybody else going to CV?
Yes!! Flying out tonight after work. I'll probably be the only jerk with a black Banthaskull shirt on…

Reaction score
Just a quick head's up: Wal-Marts in Hanover and Raynham have the new Vintage figures out. 7.99 a figure.

Also, Newbury Comics has the figures too, at 11.49 a figure.

So to summarize:

Newbury Comics 11.49
TRU 9.99
Wal-Mart 7.99

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Just a heads up for everyone, posted by Toy Vault via Facebook:

Toy Vault @Warwick Mall: Construction....done! Move in......done! Setup just getting underway. We'll post a pic tomorrow. Grand opening Friday August 20th!

I'm heading up there today to see what they got and to see how the new store is coming along.

Reaction score
great news,jabba has arrived at fall river walmart,thou last week they told they werent on order!!! but anyways,i grabbed one,he is great!there are more on the shelf,ships and battlepacks too,thou no figures at all

Reaction score
Big AT-AT at the Toys R Us in Warwick on sale for $89. Sale ends Saturday the 14th. There was only one so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Reaction score
JHenningson said:
Just a quick head's up: Wal-Marts in Hanover and Raynham have the new Vintage figures out. 7.99 a figure.

Also, Newbury Comics has the figures too, at 11.49 a figure.

So to summarize:

Newbury Comics 11.49
TRU 9.99
Wal-Mart 7.99

Happy hunting!
Alewife Newbury had marked Boba up to $13.99

Reaction score
This week I checked walmarts in lynn, hudson and framingham for jabba with no luck. Today I checked avon, brockton and abington. Still just an empty spot. Virtually all of these stores haven't done the reset due august 6th. I asked an employee when they were going to put the new figures out, all I need is jabba. Of course that was like asking him to explain the chemical composition of midichlorians! I think with walmarts inability to restock we should just be allowed to shop in the stockrooms. It would save their employees the burdensome task of stocking shelves.

Reaction score
indysolo007 said:
I think with walmarts inability to restock we should just be allowed to shop in the stockrooms. It would save their employees the burdensome task of stocking shelves.
How right you are, my friend.
It's like pulling teeth trying to get anything checked on at a Walmart. At this point, I've just resigned myself to the idea that if it ain't out there, I ain't getting it. Plain & simple. Sad, but true(at least 99.5% of the time).

mfk

Reaction score
anyone know where I could pick up an AT-AT around Boston this weekend? Just got the last one at the watertown target and as I was putting it in my trunk, i noticed that someone had swapped out the speeder bike w/ a POTF one and the AT AT Driver w/ the beefy bow-legged biker scout. While i don't particularly care for the figure/bike, with my luck there'd be an old smaller AT-AT stuck in the BAT-AT packaging... anyone been to somerville, everett or south bay today? I'd love to take advantage of this tax holiday if possible.

Reaction score
mfk said:
anyone know where I could pick up an AT-AT around Boston this weekend?
The Framingham Target had a cpl last time I swung through that area late last week, so I'd try there. I don't know about South Bay, haven't been out that way in a while, maybe call first?

I understand your push for THIS weekend, but I wouldn't sweat it too much if you had to wait on it a bit. After all, what are we talking about here seriously, 6 bucks? Really, after spending a hundred on a toy(a great one, that's worth every penny, btw), I wouldn't worry about the other 6. But yeah, I think the same thing happened to Sol or Biz or someone else local where they bought something and it was swapped out(it's happened to me too in the past. The best course of action is to return it and just say nada. Just call it a regular return, "never touched it, etc etc". Otherwise, you could unmeaningly open up a whole can of worms on YOURSELF, you know what I mean? Nevermind, how they'll look at collectors in general. I'm pretty sure that's what most others have done also and it's the best way you can go, without sounding too selfish. Good luck with everything bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.