New England Finds v10

Reaction score
EDIT--------------------------------- i'd like to apologize until i get this fixed, but it appears that either my keyboard has gone haywire or that I just pressed something wrong and messed it all up. I cant use certain buttons like quotations, thus the use of these weird box-y things. I cant use ANYTHING above the numbers like dollar signs, asterisks, no matter what. I can only capitalize using 'CAPS LOCK' and even then STILL cant use anything above the numbers. it won't allow me to press 'return', thus my posts appear appear to be one long run-on sentences/paragraph. Did i just press something wrong that can fix this?------------any ideas?-----Im on a Mac Intel Core Duo but im using a black aftermarket Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0-----the type where the buttons are split into a 'right-side group' and 'left side group', sorta like each leaning each way. Any thoughts guys?. Either way, this sux and I NEEEEEEED to figure this out asap.

Reaction score
I found the Wally World exclusives at the N. Smithfield RI store. I still haven't seen the vintage figures at Wally World or Target yet. Thank goodness for the TRU sale the other day. Still need a few though.

Reaction score
Picked up ric olie, naboo pilot, gungan, aura sing, and mawhonic at walmart in quincy. No sign of the astromech droid. I debated the tusken raider but left him behind. A few left on the pegs. Also had the droid set. Ended up getting the yellow droid later in Raynham.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally found the Vintage collection at Target in Milford. Picked up the Naboo soldier to complete the first 12. Bring on the deleted scenes.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Walmart.com has the silly remote control tank on sale for $15..free shipping. seen them on clearance at target, but the one I got from walmart was in perfect condition
Walmart.com: Star Wars The Clone Wars Remote Control Republic Fighter Tank: Vehicles, Trains & Remote Control

Hit southbay. the only thing they had was the vintage wave 1 from last year!!!! what the !?!

have also a few funny swapper picts that I took this week.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER go to South Bay for Vintage figures....those same Wave 1 figures have been there since the beginning of this endover by Hasbro....

Oh, the TRU 30% sale is a little deceptive...the 30% only applies to the toys on the front page of their add...everything else is 10% off....was going to do some serious buying and returning today as the battle packs, class 1 figs and less with the 30% but only the Battle Packs are 30% off...figures are 30% off, rest is 10% off... :(

Reaction score
oh i know southbay is a dump!!!

rarely find something there. and mostly marvel universe..which they had none of yesterday.

Reaction score
I know it's not a popular stop for many of you, but I thought I'd pass it on:

The Hudson, MA WM is no longer carrying Vintage Collection. It's one of the worst run toy departments I come across, so it's no surprise.

Reaction score
Picked up 3 republic attack shuttles for $24 each and 2 remote control republic tannks for $12 each at Target. Picked up a couple of cheap clone wars $3.70ish figures i was missing (Barris Offee, Obi Wan, Mace Windu and Savage Opress) from the Tewksbury MA Walmart.

Reaction score
Picked up the Republic shuttle for 24 bucks too. I would not have been very satisfied paying 80 for that.

Reaction score
Any targets in the area still have that shuttle for $24? I passed on it for 80 but would buy it at that price. I live in Central MA if that helps.

Reaction score
Went to the Natick Wal Mart today and got R5D4 and Logray for $4 each. Some jerk had replaced 4 Rebel Commandos with the 1998 version. They also replaced seven, seven mind you, VC Battle Droids with 99 OOM-9. I think what bothered me the most was that someone bought 7 of that figure back in 99.

Anyone know of any central MA Wal Marts with ROTS Clones, AOTC Clones, Utapau Clones, General Lando? Still looking for those figure on Vintage cards now that they are $4.

mfk

Reaction score
Went to the Natick Wal Mart today and got R5D4 and Logray for $4 each. Some jerk had replaced 4 Rebel Commandos with the 1998 version. They also replaced seven, seven mind you, VC Battle Droids with 99 OOM-9. I think what bothered me the most was that someone bought 7 of that figure back in 99.

Anyone know of any central MA Wal Marts with ROTS Clones, AOTC Clones, Utapau Clones, General Lando? Still looking for those figure on Vintage cards now that they are $4.
yeah, i saw that a few weeks ago. I'm surprised that crap stays on the pegs so long.

As long as we're trading horror stories, I went into the Watertown Target today and sure enough there were a ton of the TPM wave in there (minus the sith), but tons of battle droids and naboo soldiers so I figured I'd at least grab an extra or 2 of those guys until i saw that the price on the peg was $11.49 for a basic figure. WTH?!?

Reaction score
The actual response of the manager. "They're toys. $5 figures. Who really cares". Word for word. I was tempted to ask if he minded if I went back and just took em all, but he'd probably have had me arrested on the spot.

$12 is just silly. They are going to price themselves out of business.

Reaction score
yeah, i saw that a few weeks ago. I'm surprised that crap stays on the pegs so long.

As long as we're trading horror stories, I went into the Watertown Target today and sure enough there were a ton of the TPM wave in there (minus the sith), but tons of battle droids and naboo soldiers so I figured I'd at least grab an extra or 2 of those guys until i saw that the price on the peg was $11.49 for a basic figure. WTH?!?

ya water town sucks!!! way too pricey there. But talking about swapper stories here are some new picts from around town.enjoy!!!
h

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the deleted scene wave at Wal-mart in Williston, VT. There were two vintage cases on the pallet, one was open, and I was confused as to why there were no figures taken from it. At the counter I figured out why. Despite the reports of $4 figures and that the store doesn't even have Vintage pegs anymore, I named my price at $10 each. That's $30 less than BBTS's price for just that set of figures and I no longer need to do runs until the next vintage wave (or subwave, damn the Vintage case assortments for 2012 are horrible) hits.

mfk

Reaction score
ya water town sucks!!! way too pricey there. But talking about swapper stories here are some new picts from around town.enjoy!!!
h

Watertown Target has never been that pricey before. They've always been the cheapest place around greater boston anyway. $12 each for a figure is enough to make me not army build ever again.

BTW... that 2nd pic is from the Allston Stop & Shop, isn't it? whoever swapped it out actually painted a green arm stripe what looks like an ROTS clone. Returns to grocery stores??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some jerk at walmart in lynn replaced the new amidala with a repainted old school maul in the hood. Painted his face white and added red lips. Real work of art. Some real morons out there. If you can't afford 4 bucks don't buy it. Now sign of the deleted scene wave.

Reaction score
Just picked up the deleted scene wave at the Walmart in Danvers, MA. They only had one case on the floor not sure if there is any more in back.

Reaction score
So then, the Delted Scene figures are showing up in the (general) vicinity of Boston.I guess it's time to start look around for some new figs(since I was lucky enough to find the TPM wave really early--1st time that's ever happened,; go figure---I guess the sun even shines on a dog's a*** some days, lol).

Speaking of which, anyone know which CW figs are upcoming next and approximately when (I don't mean old figures in on different color cardboard packaging, I mean actual new figures? Thanks, in advance to whomever can help out!

Reaction score
Maynard, congrats on finding some figs!! I did a run yesterday to the TRU in woburn....and nothing!!!!!!

Reaction score
"Because it's smaller..."
A friend found some of the ROTJ deleted scenes figures at a Walmart in the Attleboro, MA area this morning. He took the two he wanted up to the register, along with a Logray that he found on clearance. As it's been, the two new figures didn't come up in the system. She rang up the Logray and it came up as $4.00. She called the manager over and they started to discuss the issue. My friend, trying to be honest, said, "Oh, the two that wouldn't come up are new and are $8.96 according to the tag on the peghook." The manager said, "hmmmm... I don't understand why those would be coming up at a higher price." The cashier said, "Well... obviously this one is only $4.00 because it's smaller..." :wtf:

Happy hunting!!!! :D

Reaction score
I actually think that makes perfect sense. I sure as heck wouldn't have paid $9 for Logray or R5D4 but I paid $4 for each gladly. Are there any General Landos still around for $4 anywhere? BTW got Cracken and Mon Calamari at the Gardner Wal Mart for $9 a pop. They have a few older vintage figures tossed in the discount aisle and all the TPM wave along with the rest of the blu ray figures. Also they have the Republic Shuttle discounted for $40. Question to anyone who has that vehicle, is it worth $40 IYO?

Reaction score
I actually think that makes perfect sense. I sure as heck wouldn't have paid $9 for Logray or R5D4 but I paid $4 for each gladly. Are there any General Landos still around for $4 anywhere? BTW got Cracken and Mon Calamari at the Gardner Wal Mart for $9 a pop. They have a few older vintage figures tossed in the discount aisle and all the TPM wave along with the rest of the blu ray figures. Also they have the Republic Shuttle discounted for $40. Question to anyone who has that vehicle, is it worth $40 IYO?
TRU in Brockton has the Wave 11 Deleted Figures...at buy 2 get 1 free

Reaction score
Picked up the deleted scene wave at walmart in abington. Took a 4 bucks figure with them and got them all for that price. Also, the shuttle is worth no more than 40. I paid 24 at target. Electronic sounds actually make it better.

Reaction score
the Republic Shuttle discounted for $40. Question to anyone who has that vehicle, is it worth $40 IYO?
I definitely would say that $40 is is worth dropping for the Shuttle. Considering it's big-but-not-so-huge-size, it should have been right around $40-45 to begin with, so that's a good buy IMO.

Reaction score
Hello New England collectors! I am new to the forum and just found this New England focused area. I live in Metro West Boston...near 495. I am new to collecting as I recently rediscovered my toys/figures from the trilogy (I am 40) and I started collecting loose Kenner figures to upgrade and complete the whole set. However, I did just buy a Darth Maul Kenner Carded cause he is a fav so I guess I am not only classic guy LOL! Anyway, just want to say hello and look forward to chatting with you all.

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. I found the Mos Espa Battlepack at Walmart in Smithfield, RI today. No Astromech droids there though. :(

Reaction score
Welcome. I did buy that shuttle, agree it's worth 40, but 80 was way too high. Also the EP 1 vehicles are already discounted to $21. Were they selling that badly?

Reaction score
I bought a couple at the $20 price tag from Amazon for gifts and my nephews love it. For myself I got around $60ish and don't feel I overpaid. However I like the vehicle/playset and hope they do other ships in a similar manner, especially a Sail Barge.

Reaction score
I hit the Concord NH Walmart and picked up 22 of the vintage figures for $4 each. I love clearance. Only need Luke,Leia and Lando from the deleted scenes.