New England Finds v10

Reaction score
^ No worries, I didn't take it that way. I do agree about them having high prices, however I have found some gems in there from time to time. One instance being the Y-wing pilot Yong (forgot his first name) from those Rebel Pilot packs. I found him at the Attleboro Toy Vault for $9.99. That was a rare occurrence though lol.

I think I just go in there for nostalgia now ha. I remember when they had a small store called Die Hard collectibles in Smithfield, then having their own place in the RI Mall for a while.

Nice pickup Ithorian. I haven't had a chance to open him, I'm in the process of moving to my first home. Maybe in a few months haha.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Toy Vault....LMAO....how is it fathomable that this guy is still in business??? Granted, he has things from most/all past lines, but prices through the roof. Firstly, I’ve not been to the store for about 2yrs now so idk if anything has changed But my last recollection were itemds l those crappy repacked figs in the OTC line on his pegs at a minimum of$12.99ea, ridiculous. Then u got SAGA, EP I, POTJ, ROTS, “Deluxe” & “Accessory” packs all between $24.99 to $34.99. One of the worst things I saw were orange and/green POTF2 carded figs all around $15 & sometimes more.....I won’t even get into POTF2 vehicles(I once saw a POTF ATST for 79.99).

But allow me to ask somebody who has been there recently, what is he asking for 2010-2012 TVC figures, carded prices & loose prices. Let’s use Clones as an example— say VC45 or 501st for examples. (It doesn’t necessarily have to be those, butthosejustsprangto as any TVC figure I would purchase.
First of all, I'll just preface this by saying that I don't work for or have any stake in the Toy Vault, but I've been a semi-regular, casual customer for well over 10 years.

Having said that—while Toy Vault certainly has a reputation for overinflated prices, I will say that some of the BEST deals I have ever gotten on Star Wars figures have surprisingly been from their stores. What they lack in bargains, they certainly make up for in variety & selection—with a good 60-80% of all carded Star Wars figures ever made being present and accounted for in their store. With a little patience, some digging, and having done your homework the night before, you'd be amazed at the bargains that you can dig out from their pegs of figures.

I typically make a list of all the figures that I'm looking for at a given time prior to visiting the store, then I check their lowest buy-it-now prices and recent sold-listing prices on ebay and write those numbers down next to the figure's name. This gives me a rough guide once I go in as to what my top-dollar price should be. Amazingly, I will very often find a carded figure for FAR lower than the going rate. A great example is when I found and bought a MOC Legacy Collection Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon for $19.99 (They usually go for twice that on a good day). Now of course there are many, many absurdly-high priced figures that are immediately passed up on too, but it's all about digging deep and discovering a bargain there. Also, be on the lookout for multiples of the same figure marked with different prices—depending on when they arrive at the store, the employee on duty may price them completely differently. I recently saw 3 versions of the Han Solo in AT-ST driver disquise, all at varying pricepoints.

To answer your questions as well, I'm not sure what he's charging for TVC figures (as I already own most of that collection), but I think the prices on MOC figures will certaily be a bit higher due to their nostalgic value and semi-limited release. I want to say that most are probably in the $15-$25 range.

And to respond to you about "how is it fathomable that this guy is still in business???" Here's your answer. And I cringe HARD when I say these dreaded two words... It makes my skin crawl:

...Funko POPs.

The absurdly massive wall (that was recently expanded at the Attleboro store) of these pathetic, stupidly-overpriced, trendy wastes of plastic is what drives a lot of business in the store. While I can't stand these things, I'm also man enough to accept and understand that they are driving more business to the store, which is a good thing for local action figure collectors—and so for the most part, I keep my mouth shut. I'll be glad to see the end of this trend, however, and I feel sorry for the bulldozer driver who has to plow them all into a landfill someday.

Reaction score
Nice pickup Ithorian. I haven't had a chance to open him, I'm in the process of moving to my first home. Maybe in a few months haha.
Thanks buddy!

I just moved a few months ago myself and all of my stuff is still packed up (until I build my own display area soon), so I enjoy getting a new figure to pop open from time to time. I'm on the lookout for Tarkin now. Best of luck with the move.

Reaction score
Thanks buddy!

I just moved a few months ago myself and all of my stuff is still packed up (until I build my own display area soon), so I enjoy getting a new figure to pop open from time to time. I'm on the lookout for Tarkin now. Best of luck with the move.
Nice, congrats. Thanks, I'm still bringing my stuff over. My basement already looks like a toy store haha.

Reaction score
Solo 6” figures at Smithfield Target as of 1:25 today. Only one missing is Tarkin of course. Figures, the one time I don’t come here early. I tried scanning them and they say they aren’t in the system, so just a heads up.

Reaction score
Found the new Vintage Collection figures today at a Gamestop. Would not sell them because of the release date of tomorrow in the system. But the entire case (minus Rey) was on the pegs and priced at $14.99. I was going to get the Hoth trooper (1x per case) for now and hope to find the rest for cheaper down the road. Fortunately, they offered to hold it behind the counter until tomorrow AND gave me a $10 gift card for the inconvenience. I have never had customer service at a Gamestop like that before!

Reaction score
After an annoying trip to Walmart in saugus where the moron toy manager argued the new stuff will not be released until 4/16, I hit target when they opened and bought the following:

wampa and Luke
Snoke
Emfys Nest with speeder
han with speeder
Chewbacca
Q’ira
Lando & Kissel guard
2 x Range troopers
mimban stormtrooper
Maz Kanata

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I hit a Walmart and a Target. Both had empty shelves. I didn't have time to have Target pull anything from the back. I'm just disappointed in the lack of product. If there is a street date and retailer were putting it out early and not selling it, then they need to follow up and put stuff out. Plus there should be a directive from Hasbro.

To save everyone the headache, Hasbro needs to ditch the street date.

Reaction score
WM in Warwick had no new BS figs on FF 13th. I actually spoke to a rep who supposedly works in the toy dept. He said until they sell the remaining BS peg warmers they won't get any new BS figs.

The store did have the new Solo 3 /4 inch wave though.

Reaction score
WM in Warwick had no new BS figs on FF 13th. I actually spoke to a rep who supposedly works in the toy dept. He said until they sell the remaining BS peg warmers they won't get any new BS figs.

The store did have the new Solo 3 /4 inch wave though.
Which one in Warwick? I was at the one on Bald Hill Road (near TRU) and picked up the Dewback around 8:30. There were 2 total there. They also had the new 3.75" 5POA, along with the Millennium Falcon (smaller scale with no figures).

Before that, I hit up Target in Smithfield when they opened. Only 2 Han figures, then went to the Walmart in Cranston which had nada.

Reaction score
I saw the Saugus walmart was finally readying their solo release (had an argument with their toy manager last week on friday about the release date that they continue to insist is the 16th). Full case of the 5poa on a pallet, I almost got greedy and bought a few more troopers but I thought I’d give someone else a shot. They were there as of 9:30am. Had the two- packs too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Which one in Warwick? I was at the one on Bald Hill Road (near TRU) and picked up the Dewback around 8:30. There were 2 total there. They also had the new 3.75" 5POA, along with the Millennium Falcon (smaller scale with no figures).

Before that, I hit up Target in Smithfield when they opened. Only 2 Han figures, then went to the Walmart in Cranston which had nada.

WM - RI mall (if it's still called that) near TRU. I can't believe I missed the Dewback lol.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Walmart North Smithfield restocked over night. This morning I grabbed TVC Hoth Trooper and Snoke, and Lando 2-pack, Range Trooper, Mimban Stormtrooper - basically all the ones I couldn't get at Lincoln Target on Friday. All of the Vintage cards were creased in the upper right corner.

Got Chewie, Q'ira, and Maz on Solo Friday and Wampa and Enfys Nest from Amazon on Sunday.

Lot of Jurassic World product as well.

Reaction score
Vintage Colection Hoth Trooper at the Cranston Walmart as of 10am. I’m gonna stick him behind The Incredibles 2 gear set if anyone wants him.

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to already have all the figures in the 1st TVC wave, other than Snoke, thus i breathed a huge sigh of relief when they announced them(knowing how popular the return of TVC would be). And after the “calmness” over the last few years, I really had no interest in starting the store-to-store hunting run around again.

I also got fortunate today; I ran into Walmart on the Lynnway to pick up a few misc. items and like the SW adict that I am, I figured I’d check the SW isle real quick prior to leaving. Initially, not much to interest me, just some 5poa crap. However, just as I was about to walk away, I noticed something that resembled TVC cards on the very very top of the shelves. I reached up to check them out and.....just my luck, I found Mr. Snoke without intentionally putting in any effort. There were 2 Snokes and 2 First Order Stormtroopers. I bought (what I thought)the nicer of the 2 Snokes and left the other 3 figures on the pegs. My apologies if someone was stashing them for later but......oh well.

Reaction score
I’m POed that I had Moloch in my cart on HTS but the site froze twice. While on the phone with the HTS line they couldn’t get it to work either. By the time the site was functioning properly, Moloch was gone and it would not let me check out. Annoying as hell.

Reaction score
The Walmart in Providence on Silver Spring Street finally got an order of the BS 6” figures. They only ordered one case and they’re all here - including Tarkin as of 8am.

Reaction score
Full case of the 6" Black Series 4-LOM wave spotted at Westwood Target as of 2:00pm yesterday. Also present was a new aisle shipper display with a full case of TVC spread out on the little shelves amongst the 4 sides, along with ForceLink 2 sets and other 5poa items.

Reaction score
Grabbed two vintage collection figures on clearance for $7 each at Walmart in Brockton. Got a Stormtrooper and Hoth Trooper. One Jyn still left in the clearance aisle.

Reaction score
I found out TRU in Warwick's last day is Friday June 29th. I found out through a buddy of mine's wife, she knows someone who works there.

Reaction score
I stopped in TRU today, most of the stuff is down to 80% off now. Honestly its not much. All the Ackbar/FO Officer 2 packs are wiped clean. The only 6" BS figure there is a lone Zuvio lol. They still have a ton of the BB-8 playset and quite a few toy lightsabers. On the video game side, the store is roped off after the first end cap. On the other side, its roped off just after the second end cap.

I picked up a Hot Wheels Hover Tank for 2 bucks, and 2 blankets for the new house. Total came to $10.70. The past 2 weeks I've also picked up some USB/wall chargers as well. I've probably made my last purchases at TRU, but I'd like to swing in next week one last time just to say goodbye.

Reaction score
I just called TRU to make sure their last day is Friday. The employee said its actually Thursday the 28th, and they'll be closing at 9. I'll be stopping in after work one final time.

Reaction score
Well TRU is closed now, you can only pickup shelving now. I wanted to go in one last time. Oh well.

Toy Vault in Warwick has 2 Darth Revan figures for anyone interested, $24.99.

Reaction score
Two Black Series Commander Wolffe figures at the Smithfield Barnes & Noble as of 9:30am today.

Reaction score
Picked up the 6" Beckett at Gamestop in Gilford today. Rest of the wave was already gone. Employee said next shipment is at the end of August, then another mid-September, then nothing until December!

Reaction score
Nice! Found these at Walmart a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen them again since....this was meant to be a reply to IndySolo about the Solo 2-packs...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Surprised to see them still there at 3:00. I have been checking the Target in Smithfield the past few weeks every Friday and Saturday morning. It's the closest to me, about a 10 minute drive. I usually get there around 8:30 and I have yet to find this guy. They're doing a remodel of the store, and the tags for the figure are there. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reaction score
^ Following up, nothing on Saturday. I can't check Sundays as I work, and I'm sure by the time I'm out at 5 they'd be gone if they had them.