New Elite Statues

Reaction score
Attakus continues its Elite Line by re-releasing their older 1:5 statues ...
Personally I am very happy about the Vader release. The pose is killer and I don't have the 1:5 one.

Reaction score
Who posted this? They seem a little mixed up. The Elite statues are around 8" tall (not 1:5) and sell for around 80 euros. The 1:5 line (Classic collection) which are being used in the pictures above, are 350 euros and up. So which line is being reissued?

Reaction score
I think they are releasing the 1/5 statues as the 1/10 Elite line, so the same sculpts, but scaled down and for less money.

Reaction score
I don't have any of the 1:5 ones, so I may bite on these.

What's the going rate these days on the 1:5 Vader V1?

Reaction score
Not sure what is really going here, but the Attakus website has pics of the Elite Collection 1:10 scale and they are different poses than shown here. I can't find the image posted her with the older 1:5 scale poses on Attakus' webpage.

I wouldn't really like them re-releasing the same figures in a different scale, paint job or any other modification if this is the case anyway. I bought a lot of those original Attakus statues long ago directly from Attakus and expect them to maintain their exclusivity as originally marketed. The same goes for the edition of 200 released in Japan. They should have never been released.

Has re-releasing a model in a identical style but different scale been done by others. How is it done, do they digitally 3D scan a statue and then create a new model from it ???

Reaction score
Not sure what is really going here, but the Attakus website has pics of the Elite Collection 1:10 scale and they are different poses than shown here. I can't find the image posted her with the older 1:5 scale poses on Attakus' webpage.

I wouldn't really like them re-releasing the same figures in a different scale, paint job or any other modification if this is the case anyway. I bought a lot of those original Attakus statues long ago directly from Attakus and expect them to maintain their exclusivity as originally marketed. The same goes for the edition of 200 released in Japan. They should have never been released.

Has re-releasing a model in a identical style but different scale been done by others. How is it done, do they digitally 3D scan a statue and then create a new model from it ???
Do you have a link to the page that shows them?

I know what you mean about your older statues "maintaining their exclusivity" but I really don't think there is anything to worry about. This is a smaller scale, even if they re-release the original ones I don't see them harming the value of the originals.

As for anyone else doing this, off the top of my head I know Gentle Giant does this with the Jumbo size of the original Kenner Star Wars figures. They are also releasing smaller versions of their 1/4 scale Marvel statues. I believe Captain America and Black Widow have been or are about to be solicited. And yes, I believe it's done by digitally scanning the original piece and then manipulating the size digitally for the re-release.

Someone somewhere said that the pictures of Attakus original 1/5 scale statues were just being used as placeholders, but that the actual Elite series ones would be slightly different than the original 1/5 scale ones.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reaction score
What's happening with the Attakus license? I see they're still selling Star Wars statues, but are they planning any new released?

Reaction score
The Stormtrooper & Royal Guard will be with me on Monday, Boba Fett, Jango Fett & Darth Vader are still on preorder..., I did ponder on ordering the emperor but the likeness is just too poor.

Reaction score
The Stormtrooper & Royal Guard will be with me on Monday, Boba Fett, Jango Fett & Darth Vader are still on preorder..., I did ponder on ordering the emperor but the likeness is just too poor.
I preordered the emperor a while back to display next to the Master Replicas Emperor cane and cloak clasp. I know the likeness is not there, but as an accent piece, I think it will work well. Also the smaller size serves as a perfect excuse to justify the lack of likeness. I should be getting mine next month.

Reaction score
I preordered the emperor a while back to display next to the Master Replicas Emperor cane and cloak clasp. I know the likeness is not there, but as an accent piece, I think it will work well. Also the smaller size serves as a perfect excuse to justify the lack of likeness. I should be getting mine next month.
Well maybe you could do some of the pictures for it, like you do with the Gentle Giant mini-busts & I could make a decision based on proper in hand photos. :)

Reaction score
The Royal Guard & Stormtrooper turned up today, very happy with both of them..., the Stormtrooper has a slightly different pose than the 1:5 scale version, the blaster is a bit lower so the helmet is more clearly visible, thankfully the Stormtrooper bucket is a far better effort than the bigger statue & the other 1:10 scale version so I'd recommend this piece. :) I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Reaction score
I know these are already dropping in Europe, but not here in the states yet, correct?

Reaction score
I have the Emperor on pre-order too. It's something I kinda forgot about with all the HT/SSC craziness going on. My feelings about it are similar to LS's, and I thought it would be a good piece to have at the smaller scale. My order still says expected December 2015, so hopefully I'll have it soon!

Reaction score
Well maybe you could do some of the pictures for it, like you do with the Gentle Giant mini-busts & I could make a decision based on proper in hand photos. :)
Sure thing, Kev. I was planning on it. Now that GG seems to be pretty much a thing from the past, I'm focusing on other makers and their lines to add more of them to my collection. This scale should work well as accent pieces, and won't take much room. The emperor is a nice statue, and other than the face, I like the rest of the sculpt.

I have the Emperor on pre-order too. It's something I kinda forgot about with all the HT/SSC craziness going on. My feelings about it are similar to LS's, and I thought it would be a good piece to have at the smaller scale. My order still says expected December 2015, so hopefully I'll have it soon!
Hopefully you get yours this moth, Kielbassa. Please post pictures when you get it. I ordered mine through Entertainment Earth, and it still shows a January 2016 release date.

Reaction score
I'm really tempted to buy the Emperor and put 2 Koto 1/10 Royal Guards on either side of him. I think the scale should be about right.

Reaction score
Hopefully you get yours this moth, Kielbassa. Please post pictures when you get it. I ordered mine through Entertainment Earth, and it still shows a January 2016 release date.
My order processed yesterday. Just waiting on shipping info.

Reaction score
What are the scales of the statues in each of these pics ? Are the smaller Attakus identical in sculpt to the larger ones ?

Reaction score
The larger ones 1:5 and the smaller ones 1:10.
So those statues in the first 2 pics are 1:10 scale. Did they redo any of the sculpts. Are those stormies all Attakus ?

The 1:5 Stormtrooper and Royal Guard always looked in poor proportions, too bad they reused the sculpts.

Reaction score
Despie the inaccuracies the 1/5 Stormtrooper is a very impessive statue in person. Commands more presence than the SSC 1/4 PF.

Reaction score
@Sergiu Can you tell me exactly how tall the 1/10 Vader #02 is? I've seen it listed as 7", 8" and almost 9". Thanks!