New Droid Depot 3.75" figures

Reaction score
It is not boring, I had a great time.

To be clear, I didn't mean to imply GE seemed boring. I'm sure it's a blast. I've had plenty of fun in all the other areas of the park over the years, and they weren't even Star Wars related, so...

My point was simply that GE doesn't seem as immersive as Disney was advertising before it opened. The marketing leading up to the opening seemed to promise full immersion, with concept art showing free roaming droids, aliens, random human denizens, bounty hunters, etc. Instead we get the occasional appearance of Rey, Vi, Chewie, FO troopers, and an unimpressive Kylo Ren. And since their job is to mainly interact with the kiddies, it doesn't exactly feel immersive. The animatronic Dok and Hondo are amazing and help create the illusion of being in the Star Wars universe, but sadly, they're just a reminder of the potential GE has, but ultimately falls short of.

Reaction score
You guys are making GE sound kind of boring! Without anything to interact with, I certainly won’t be going…

Well, when I was there two weeks ago, I had lengthy conversations with: Rey, Chewie, The stormtroopers and Kylo Ren himself, while he was in the middle of his big "show."

And I chatted up at least a half-dozen CMs, who will all play along "in universe" with you if you engage with them on that level.

The time before, my friend and I spent at least 15 minutes (or more) in one-on-one hang out time with Vi Moradi.

So, yeah, there are plenty of interactions to be had if you put in the effort. Galaxy's Edge is what you make of it. The more active YOU are, the more you'll get out of it.

Reaction score
Well, when I was there two weeks ago, I had lengthy conversations with: Rey, Chewie, The stormtroopers and Kylo Ren himself, while he was in the middle of his big "show."

And I chatted up at least a half-dozen CMs, who will all play along "in universe" with you if you engage with them on that level.

The time before, my friend and I spent at least 15 minutes (or more) in one-on-one hang out time with Vi Moradi.

So, yeah, there are plenty of interactions to be had if you put in the effort. Galaxy's Edge is what you make of it. The more active YOU are, the more you'll get out of it.
What in tarnation did you talk about? Was this role play or chatter about how much chafing they get in the Summer heat?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what gave anyone the indication that it was boring... but certainly there are always things that can be done to improve the experience.

I've been there 4 times now and I'm always ready to go back. There are lots of different foods (blue and green 'milk', of which I like both) and things to see. I think my point was simply to make the world more alive with aliens and droids and just the surprise of what you might run into. I think maybe with the new Starcruiser hotel perhaps they'll update some of the interactions. Get the interactive app and learn Aurabesh. Lots of fun.

Reaction score
The Starcruiser Hotel is what I'm most looking forward to seeing, although I feel it won't quite be what is implied. I've been wanting a full on star ship experience ever since Paramount was musing about building a full size Enterprise in Las Vegas! The only drawback is that they shortened the stay duration and seemed to have built a smaller building than originally planned, thus it cannot hold as many guests. So I foresee another instance of being booked up. lol

Reaction score
I'm not sure what gave anyone the indication that it was boring... but certainly there are always things that can be done to improve the experience.

I've been there 4 times now and I'm always ready to go back. There are lots of different foods (blue and green 'milk', of which I like both) and things to see. I think my point was simply to make the world more alive with aliens and droids and just the surprise of what you might run into. I think maybe with the new Starcruiser hotel perhaps they'll update some of the interactions. Get the interactive app and learn Aurabesh. Lots of fun.

Agreed. I really love it and can spend hours there just hanging out, doing not much at all. But, I also acknowledge that there is a lot of room for improvement and things they can (and should) be doing to make it even better.

Reaction score
All this sounds like Ren Faires.

Some are really interactive, with lots of activities and people staying in character; you can see scheduled music and jousts and roving jugglers and such. Some are just vendors set up to make money, with no actual immersion of any kind; it’s like being at the mall (you just walk around looking at wares).

Both types are fine, but it’s a bit annoying to go somewhere to be entertained but instead just end up spending a bunch of money like you would anywhere else. Why would I go across the country to spend money on what essentially is a pretty stroll down the sidewalk when I can do that at literally any other “park”?

I don’t really have any idea what GE is like, but I would prefer type one to type two.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess if you look at it one way... I think making GE more Ren Faire would be sort of accurate to what I think they could do. They have space to set up a few 'shows' or at least could have some unique performers. They've done some of that with Kylo Ren and with Stormtroopers walking about doing faux crowd control as well as Vi, Rey and Chewie... they just need more.

Reaction score
My point was simply that GE doesn't seem as immersive as Disney was advertising before it opened. The marketing leading up to the opening seemed to promise full immersion, with concept art showing free roaming droids, aliens, random human denizens, bounty hunters, etc. Instead we get the occasional appearance of Rey, Vi, Chewie, FO troopers, and an unimpressive Kylo Ren. And since their job is to mainly interact with the kiddies, it doesn't exactly feel immersive. The animatronic Dok and Hondo are amazing and help create the illusion of being in the Star Wars universe, but sadly, they're just a reminder of the potential GE has, but ultimately falls short of.

How immersive can a park be anyway? There are always tons of tourists around to remind you of the true nature of the place. If you really want immersiveness, you need to deck out everyone in costumes and make them act like actual characters who have an actual backstory and a purpose in that world. Make everyone a player. But that is clearly not possible since it's not a LARP but a tourist trap.

Reaction score
Great point! I guess what I want is a giant LARP! But that actually would be really weird. A tourist trap is probably okay.

Reaction score
How immersive can a park be anyway? There are always tons of tourists around to remind you of the true nature of the place. If you really want immersiveness, you need to deck out everyone in costumes and make them act like actual characters who have an actual backstory and a purpose in that world. Make everyone a player. But that is clearly not possible since it's not a LARP but a tourist trap.
I was in GE at 6 am when they did extra magic hours, and it was still dark. Not many people there, so it was amazing. Breakfast in the cantina when it was nearly empty.... but then mickey ears everywhere...

Reaction score

These are all great points that help balance out the lack of immersive elements we would all want. When I've been there, the people playing Rey have made sure to seek out kids and bring them in to little stories, so they get their own Star Wars adventure. It's really cool and heartwarming. (Of course, as a man in my 40s, I also want Rey to pull me into a Star Wars adventure for ten or fifteen minutes...but that's like me wanting to keep a foul ball at a baseball game. It's better for a kid to have it.)

The other immersive option is downloading the Disney Play app on your phone. When you open it in Galaxy's Edge, it makes your phone feel like an in-universe datapad, and you can use it to get different quests and little ARG experiences around the land. I signed up to work for the Resistance once, and they had me go to different "terminals" (which were just certain walls around the place) and do little mini games along the lines of Pipe Dream screens. But if one of the stormtroopers walking around saw people on their phones, they would come up and demand to see your datapad. I didn't see or experience any repercussions...but it was immersive and made it feel like you were doing stuff.

The app also gives you some mini-games to play while waiting in line for the Falcon ride. And you can also use it to activate features in some of the standing elements of the park -- I powered up the X-wing and got it to rev its engines and spit out some steam. Fun stuff!

Reaction score
I’m sure there’s PLENTY to do there! But it always can use a bit more! 😜
It means a lot just being there. We had APs so we weren’t in a rush. The environmental design and immersion are phenomenal.

But while the rides and experiences are amazing, there is definitely a lot of focus on shopping. Which is great, don’t get me wrong.

You’re right that it can always use a bit more. A table service restaurant and another attraction as planned would make it feel more complete.

Reaction score
I think we all derailed this thread (Me included, so guilty as charged). Here is the experiences thread. Let’s continue there.

Oh yeah...figures. lol Finally going back to GE in August. Went fall of '19 with an AP until June 2020 and the plan to use it a LOT that Spring, but as we know that train was derailed. Going to be hard to know what to do in just one day to make up for a whole lost year.
Really hoping some single carded droids are still available to buy and the Depot 5 pack. Hopefully a Halloween droid by then.
Buying off ShopDisney this past year just wasn't the same. I need to be in Mubo's!

Quick add to the "experience" convo though. From the Celebration display a few years ago, the teased the "spy" guest on Star Tours being somehow mentioned in GE, with display screens, etc, as an interactive callback. Hasn't happened as far as I know. Hopefully still will.
Also, did anyone else record a message about their favorite Disney Star Wars moment in the Celebration display that was supposed to be put into some sort of holograph message station you could watch in the park? Still waiting for that to happen.

I remember when GE first opened I went with a Cast Member friend a couple times, (I'm a former entertainment cast member on and off for a couple decades). There were just starting to close a bunch of live entertainment shows in DCA, like a couple singing groups, bands, etc. Major entertainment division cutbacks.
I can only assume there was absolutely a plan to have pop up bands/entertainment performing through GE but general park cutbacks and budget, etc trump all the great ideas, just as it does in the rest of the Park(s).
Hopefully they will continue to expand as they come back online from this past crazy year.

It would be great if they did a nightime music party in GE like the Alice in Wonderland Mad Tea Party nightly event they had in DCA. With a cool Star Warsy band performing Star Warsy music.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hit up the Star Wars Trading Post in Anaheim's Downtown Disney tonight -- hadn't been there since it opened up.

I was able to get everything I was looking for: the "Droid Depot Droids" 5-pack, CB-23, and 4-LOM. Each of those had a peg or shelf (depending on size), so there didn't seem to be an inventory issue. They also had the color-change droid sets near them. That area also had the Black Series Droid set, and the Smuggler's Run one was nearby.

In another part of the store, they had the Rise of Skywalker 4-pack as well as the Sandcrawler -- which tempted me yet again, but I didn't bite. That area also had some Retro Mando figures (mostly Greefs with one Gideon and one Kuiil) as well as some Black Series (Greef and Kuiil). Oh, it also had a Toybox Boba Fett with a mini-Slave 1, as well as a few Mission Fleet sets (the Mando 5-pack with Mando, Grogu, IG-11, Cara Dune, and a Stormtrooper; Obi-wan and his bike; Mando and his bike). I'll leave it to others to ruminate on the Downtown Disney store having both Slave 1 and Cara Dune for sale.

The store was divided into different sections, with a small version of Dok Ondar selling some Jedi and Sith things as well as a creature (aka stuffed animal) area. Other parts seemed a little more jumbled. But there was a clear "dark side" area in one corner, and they had the First Order Evacuation Shuttle there. I haven't been on the ride yet, so I passed on it -- but my friend who has had a chance to ride it saw the shuttle and had no choice but to grab one. There was also a random, almost floating Captain Cardinal TBS figure in that area. Didn't see the First Order park set, but didn't look very hard since I got that one on an earlier visit to the park.

The store had a bunch of other very cool stuff, though I kept myself focused on droid figures this time. No offense to the Rainforest Cafe, but I'm super glad they switched over the space to this cool Star Wars store. I have rarely thought about just making the drive down to Anaheim to hang out in the area (even with the Jazz Kitchen's amazing beignets). But know that I know there's this place with park-exclusive accessible for just the cost of parking (which ain't cheap at ten bucks, but certainly cheaper than a park ticket)...I might be hitting up the area more regularly. Damn you, Disney.

Reaction score
I hit up the Star Wars Trading Post in Anaheim's Downtown Disney tonight -- hadn't been there since it opened up.
's.
I was able to get everything I was looking for: the "Droid Depot Droids" 5-pack, CB-23, and 4-LOM. Each of those had a peg or shelf (depending on size), so there didn't seem to be an inventory issue. They also had the color-change droid sets near them. That area also had the Black Series Droid set, and the Smuggler's Run one was nearby.

In another part of the store, they had the Rise of Skywalker 4-pack as well as the Sandcrawler -- which tempted me yet again, but I didn't bite. That area also had some Retro Mando figures (mostly Greefs with one Gideon and one Kuiil) as well as some Black Series (Greef and Kuiil). Oh, it also had a Toybox Boba Fett with a mini-Slave 1, as well as a few Mission Fleet sets (the Mando 5-pack with Mando, Grogu, IG-11, Cara Dune, and a Stormtrooper; Obi-wan and his bike; Mando and his bike). I'll leave it to others to ruminate on the Downtown Disney store having both Slave 1 and Cara Dune for sale.

The store was divided into different sections, with a small version of Dok Ondar selling some Jedi and Sith things as well as a creature (aka stuffed animal) area. Other parts seemed a little more jumbled. But there was a clear "dark side" area in one corner, and they had the First Order Evacuation Shuttle there. I haven't been on the ride yet, so I passed on it -- but my friend who has had a chance to ride it saw the shuttle and had no choice but to grab one. There was also a random, almost floating Captain Cardinal TBS figure in that area. Didn't see the First Order park set, but didn't look very hard since I got that one on an earlier visit to the park.

The store had a bunch of other very cool stuff, though I kept myself focused on droid figures this time. No offense to the Rainforest Cafe, but I'm super glad they switched over the space to this cool Star Wars store. I have rarely thought about just making the drive down to Anaheim to hang out in the area (even with the Jazz Kitchen's amazing beignets). But know that I know there's this place with park-exclusive accessible for just the cost of parking (which ain't cheap at ten bucks, but certainly cheaper than a park ticket)...I might be hitting up the area more regularly. Damn you, Disney.
That's good to know that the outpost is still alive and getting refreshed. Looks like my August DL trip won't happen, as the friend getting the tix couldn't get a reservation for me the day he was already going. I might try to meet him in Downtown Disney though and hit up the outpost and maybe we can go to Trader Sam's. Being able to get the 5 pack will make it worthwhile for me!

Reaction score
So looking back in '18, '19 and '20, seems like the Halloween droids were revealed around early August. Anyone thinking we could see one for '21? It's about that time of year again- of course there's possibility of covid screwing things up

Reaction score
it would be great if they would make more of these random 4-pks, although I could do without the color changing aspect, but at least it would help fill the void and offer variety at the same time rather than just releasing on particular droid model. Granted they are GE themed to try and capitalize on their IP in park, but they could really go hog wild if they did some actual SW themed sets of Droids we haven't gotten yet or even redo's of older out of date versions. It's painfully obvious that Hasbro isn't going to do it.

Reaction score
There are clearly multiple 2-, 3-, and 4-packs that could be done from The Mandalorian alone. Add in the last season of The Clone Wars and the first season of The Bad Batch on top of that, and there is a tremendous backlog of possibilities.

Reaction score
I was just at GE yesterday for my first visit. I was not aware that the droid factory build a droid booths were gone. Never really followed too closely, but it was a surprise. Looking back at an article I found, it would make sense I suppose, seeing how they didn't release a new wave of parts past 2015. The only thing I saw anywhere was the "Droid Factory" playset and one 4 pack of CG droids. Sort of a let down, but we still have Disney Springs to visit over the weekend. Maybe I can find something there.

Reaction score
The build a droid booth (all the loose parts to make figures) was gone from Disney Springs when I went there about a month ago.

Reaction score
Yep, disappointing. I do believe that Disney Springs still has some.
The build a droid booth (all the loose parts to make figures) was gone from Disney Springs when I went there about a month ago.

Can confirm the Droid Factory is indeed gone from Disney. I saw nothing for single pack figures anywhere either. It's apparently OK for people to mill around in bins over in Pandora Land to build their own bracelets, but NOT okay for people to build droids. Either that, or Disney just decided to end it when GE opened. Why let people build little 3.75" figures for $11.00 when they can get you to build a huge R2 or BB unit for $100?

Reaction score
From what I understand, the B.A.D. stations were closed due to the pandemic. I believe they simply pulled the existing stock and stashed it wherever they stash such things. I'm sure they'll return someday (and hopefully with a new assortment of parts), but since the parks not only follow state mandates, but seem to take their cues from the CDC as well, I wouldn't expect the stations to return until 80% of the country is fully vaccinated.

In other words, it's gonna be a long, long time until they return.