New Droid Depot 3.75" figures

Reaction score
Ok, D23 just had a video showing of GE merchandise. The 2 singles were not mentioned, but they 're raked the 5 pack and..well...it appears not to be 3.75" scale. So I'll be saving some $$. Looks like 6" scale. Here's a couple snapshots 20201116_183728.jpg20201116_183800.jpgof my pc screen and they mention select GE Droid depot items will drop on shopdisney in january
And link to video. https://d23.com/star-wars-galaxys-ddge-storytelling-through-merchandise/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, D23 just had a video showing of GE merchandise. The 2 singles were not mentioned, but they 're raked the 5 pack and..well...it appears not to be 3.75" scale. So I'll be saving some $$. Looks like 6" scale. Here's a couple snapshots View attachment 368361View attachment 368362of my pc screen and they mention select GE Droid depot items will drop on shopdisney in january
And link to video. https://d23.com/star-wars-galaxys-ddge-storytelling-through-merchandise/
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking until I saw it a 2nd time and the way he moved the package, seemed to debunk camera angle theory. However I jyst looked on ebay and concluded the Pic is deceiving. As a few ebay listings posted this info.

Disney Parks
Star Wars galaxys edge
Droid Depot Factory 5-Pack.
Droid Depot Droid Factory 5-Pack
B Droid: 2.87” L x 1.85” D x 3.88” H
R1J1: 1.67” L x 1.90” D x 4.92” H
Gonk: 1.25” L x 1.90” D x 2.83” H
R4: 1.71” L x 1.04” D x 2.80” H
R5: 1.71” L x 1.04” D x 2.75” H
Packaging: 15.5” L x 2.5” D

I then measured an 3.75 scaled r5-p8 and it matches this r5 description. Sorry for confusion guys, guess I'll need these after all.LoL

Reaction score
Is it wrong that I was almost relieved when you said they weren’t 3.75 that way I wouldn’t have to track them down lol...
I wouldn't be mad at them if they released a PVC character figure pack of just Droids. Like they do with all/most properties. a dozen or so pvc figurines that are just a hair smaller than 3.75' scale. I have most Star Wars sets and the sculpts are pretty decent with good paint. An all droid set would be amazing, and a way to get some bigger, more unique droids.

Reaction score
Is it wrong that I was almost relieved when you said they weren’t 3.75 that way I wouldn’t have to track them down lol...
In a way, I was a tad relieved when I thought they were not 3.75". Oh well, the thrill of the hunt feels a bit better though than felling of not hunting....if that makes any sense.

Reaction score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. Looks like 3.75" to me! Plus, if these were the larger Elite Series figures, the price point would be much higher than the $49.99 price that was already reported. Single ES figures go for $25, so this set would be $120 minimum if they were Elite Series.

Reaction score
Okay, just watched that D23 vid (thanks for the heads up RIG4) and not only do they look like 3.75" figures to me, but the guy refers to them as a 'Droid Factory' set, which is the name of their 3.75" B.A.D. line.

Reaction score
Yeah, def 3.75 inch. You can tell by the mech designs (no leg wires) and can tell they are the Disney droid factory sculpts. So I’ll be continuing to stalk eBay haha.

Reaction score
The scale confusion for me at least, came about when box was revealed in video. Box looked large for 5 3.75 and even the droids, despite 3.75 telltale like no foot wires, looked large compared to the dude's hand. Must been akward angle of camera set up because I paused vid at various points when he was holding box differently and same conclusion was drawn.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those pics certainly make them look bigger than 3.75", so I understand the confusion.

I have to agree to a point that there are certain figures that they could do in 3.75" scale that don't really need any POA. This Emperor figure is a Hallmark Ornament straight out of the box... 3.75" scale.
1605624079577.png

Reaction score
Still can't believe that after 40 years this is the only way to get a decent throne. Yes there was a 3 pack with the throne that was attached to one side of the bae. (Not the middle for display purposes.)

Droids are nice I will wait till they are available & test my give a dam level.

Reaction score
Here's a somewhat better screen grab from the vid. Definitely 3.75" figs. The blue R4 unit has an unfortunate deco error, which I hope gets corrected before release. The vertical blue stripes on its dome appear to be too wide, and then taper towards the bottom. Comparing it to the actual droid in the park, the stripes should be the same width as the ones on the body, similar to R4-M9. Not a deal breaker, but a bummer if it doesn't get fixed.

5pack copy.jpg

blue-and-white-r4-droid-at-galaxys-edge-star-wars-land-2A720PK.jpg

pod

Reaction score
I kinda like it...makes it more different to R4M9.

Reaction score
Here's a somewhat better screen grab from the vid. Definitely 3.75" figs. The blue R4 unit has an unfortunate deco error, which I hope gets corrected before release. The vertical blue stripes on its dome appear to be too wide, and then taper towards the bottom. Comparing it to the actual droid in the park, the stripes should be the same width as the ones on the body, similar to R4-M9. Not a deal breaker, but a bummer if it doesn't get fixed.
Won't get fixed likely as these are already out and exclusively on ebay at 2x$$

Reaction score
True, which is why it wouldn't be a total deal breaker for me. I just get obsessive when it comes to deco accuracy on my droids, heh.
The only droid deco that ever bugged me that i can quickly recall were the Kenner r2 dome and 3po's lack of abdominal wires or at least not painted black

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty great set, and hopefully this is just the first of many new sets like this. Not only are there other unique astromechs peppered around the park, but would love a set of droids from Solo: ASWS

Reaction score
Looks like a totally new power droid sculpt too. Nifty!

A Solo-themed set would be a dream! So many great droids in that movie. There are plenty of multi-packs they could do from recent media: Clone Wars, Mando, Rebels, Solo, all bursting with new droids. Fingers crossed that we get some in the coming years.

Reaction score
what'd you search for to find those ebay pics? all i found were a few w/ 1 or 2 simplistic pics and costing a C note.

Reaction score
ok. wasn't sure if your search title was simular to what i was using, but i found that same listing. sometimes i lucked out w/ good deal because of a misspelling, lol

Reaction score
Will the 5 pack only be available in the park or possibly in stores outside? Also are they only in California? Have to go to Orlando for appointment soon just wondering if it would be a waste of time driving to Disney looking for these. Questions questions lol

pod

Reaction score
Will the 5 pack only be available in the park or possibly in stores outside? Also are they only in California? Have to go to Orlando for appointment soon just wondering if it would be a waste of time driving to Disney looking for these. Questions questions lol
Only in California? Are they in California? I assumed Florida since DL is still closed.

pod

Reaction score
I thought I read a post earlier say available at Disneyland.
Disneyland is closed, but there are Disney stores open right outside the park. If it is available there, I can make a trip. So maybe someone can confirm.

Reaction score
Disneyland is closed, but there are Disney stores open right outside the park. If it is available there, I can make a trip. So maybe someone can confirm.

The seller of this auction states he/she purchased the set in Downtown Disney in Anaheim. You may want to call ahead though it possible, because I believe these were only available to purchase yesterday and today via an online reservation system. I think that was only for the D23 preview, but they should be available normally (in the park) soon.
MOD EDIT: Ebay link removed as per TOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks to Endor Express, we now have confirmation that all the droids in this set are B.A.D.!! Some great shots of the new figures after the jump.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to Endor Express, we now have confirmation that all the droids in this set are B.A.D.!! Some great shots of the new figures after the jump.

awesome-o.jpg

Reaction score

Great detail of what this set includes. Thanks for the link!

This is an absolute MUST HAVE set. If anyone in Orlando manages to see this we need to know where!!! Hollywood Studios is pretty exclusive for an item like this and if it was at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, maybe we'll get lucky at Disney Springs in Orlando?? I'm thinking they HAVE to get these out somewhere else, right?

Reaction score
Wow I'm glad you guys were talking about this, otherwise I'd miss the 5-Pack!

It's nice to see Disney expanding the BAD line beyond astromech and protocol droids.

You know another Droid Factory droid that would be good would be the RX-series! There's several variations they could do:
  • Original Star Tours RX-24 "Rex"
  • Adventures Continue Red Sector 2 RX droid
  • Tokyo Adventures Continue "hitchhiking" HHG-RX
  • Galaxy's Edge DJ R-3X
  • Rebels version
They already have the toy mold, so it wouldn't be that hard to convert them to BAD with interchangeable arms and head.

Reaction score
Ok..a seller on eBay had just listed thier 3rd 5 pk for a 1 day auction. The previous 2 both had a bidder early to bid over 70$.. while bidders IDs are hidden, thier star color rating and numbered scores are not. Both bidders have identical star colors and rating score number. Coincidence? I think not. I think this seller has a plant that is running up bids early. We'll see if it happens to new listing that just went live a few min ago. Seller also had BIN at $150. Plus more for shipping.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah ha alrighty now, the purple star #726 bidder entered listing #3. Curious to see how this ends.
(Sorry, I'm just SO FRICKIN' BORED at work w/ literally NOTHING TO DO!!)

How many of us,would want to have these in our 3.75" collection?....w/ respective carts of course.Screenshot_20200820-135225.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those look like Psyfoolrulez (sp?) handiwork. If he lived in North America, I would probably go broke buying commissions from him, heh. But yeah, would love the Coke droids. Something tells me they won't get made though, as it would require some legal hoops. You know Coca-Cola would want their slice of the profits.

Reaction score
i've said this b4, but worth saying again...those 3 soda droids should've been released as a coke tie promo of some sort back on triple force friday. It's a shame such monday AM quartebacking has better insight on some product releases. Then the format of droid/cart could been modified for a later asst w/ the droid/cart combo from Madalorian. Kinda suprised there hasnt been a droid or set from Mandalorian released through disney's droid factory/depot line.