New Droid Depot 3.75" figures

Reaction score
You know, honestly, I don't mind a slight mark up on ebay, but damnit, those 1st couple listings dictate what price the rest post. Then takes a while for reality to set in and prices drop to somethinhg reasonable. I lucked out and got the evac vehicle and df playset around Christmas for a reasonable price, but I think the pandemic soon after effected the natural price drop

Last edited:
Reaction score
So... Any one have access to a park and can hook us up? I would be willing to cover cost + shipping + plus a little extra for your time. Really like the CB-23 figure.

Reaction score
There used to be a few guys around here that very generously did that for people, but I haven't seen them on the boards in quite some time.

Reaction score
I'm in CA, so no go for me. I had 3 months left on my season pass when they shut down. Don't know yet what will happen when they open. Really hoping it doesn't start up again, until the first time I go back into the park, same as when you buy a new one. Not too sure I'm going to try and be the first in when it finally does open.
with the first "shipment" of GE merch on ShopDisney being clothing/sabers, and the second wave Creature shop/Toydarian Toymaker, what's the third? Droids? Dok Ondor? You would think that would happen at some point. There is a lot of droid merch they could offer that isn't just build a droid (they have already had the R2 and BB8 for sale for a while) I would think the playset and droid sets would be something they offer. Not sure about these new singles though.
After those 2 shops, there is Resistance Supply and First Order stuffs.

Reaction score
I Googled cb-23 4-lom galaxy's edge and this came up. If legit, then these may be outside GE at Hollywood studios.

Reaction score
Hollywood Studios is still inside of the park, so it would require a pass to go in and by them. But this does perhaps give a little hope that they maybe, just maybe, might show up online. Good find!

Reaction score
...or allow a friend/family member going to there, that's not going to GE specifically, to grab a set for you.

Or..increase ebay listings which in theory should lower the prices

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess there's still no positive news on these getting out for us regular people to acquire w/o sacrificing our first-born.

Reaction score
So there are more now. A friend saw this posted and sent me screenshots
View attachment 368111View attachment 368112

They made B-U4D (Buford)! That's probably the first and last deep dive any company will take with making a sequel trilogy background droid, heh. Those mechs look great. Clearly based on these guys:

review-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge-the-land-itself-is-an-e-ticket-attraction-2.jpeg

dl_20190529_0140-1500x1000.jpg

Reaction score
I read there is a limited window people will be able to pick them up in Ca and it scheduled. Amazing set that many people would love to buy, yet hoops again. Triple prices on eBay?

Reaction score
I read there is a limited window people will be able to pick them up in Ca and it scheduled. Amazing set that many people would love to buy, yet hoops again. Triple prices on eBay?
I hope that leads to phone/online orders but then on the other hand, the evac vehicle and the color change items still have not been. I need more sales of older stuff on ebay to get these potential ebay Disney GE excls.

Reaction score

The post by Jedi Business needed more info I think. The new multi-pack will debut at the preview event, but that doesn't mean it's only available for those two days, and then gone forever. There's no way Disney would spend the money to create molds for three new figures (B-U4D, the gonk, and the R1 unit) and then make them super limited, assuring no return on their investment. Whether or not the set will be available outside the park, increasing chances of it appearing on shopdisney.com, remains to be seen.

Reaction score
The post by Jedi Business needed more info I think. The new multi-pack will debut at the preview event, but that doesn't mean it's only available for those two days, and then gone forever. There's no way Disney would spend the money to create molds for three new figures (B-U4D, the gonk, and the R1 unit) and then make them super limited, assuring no return on their investment. Whether or not the set will be available outside the park, increasing chances of it appearing on shopdisney.com, remains to be seen.
No, I understand. I’m just saying right now there is a finite pick up time to order and get one at that event. They’d be mad to make it so limited, especially since there hasn’t been a set in a while.

Reaction score
Well, unless I misread their post, the online reservation is for in-person pick-up only. So whomever is lucky enough to live close to the park should have no issue getting them. They no doubt will appear on ebay shortly after for more than double the price, but just be patient. These will likely be around for a long time, just like the color-change droid sets. If you wait until after the initial hype dies down, and then keep an eye on ebay, you'll eventually find them for a decent price, even if not completely MSRP. I was able to get the color-change droid set with the R4 (the only one I wanted) for around $35 shipped earlier this year.

Reaction score
Hopefully the Gonk’s legs articulate instead of being one connected leg (like the Sandcrawler Gonk).
Highly doubt it will be different. If not, it is time for a leg transplant from one of the extra VC gonks I grabbed.

Reaction score
Hopefully the Gonk’s legs articulate instead of being one connected leg (like the Sandcrawler Gonk).
Highly doubt it will be different. If not, it is time for a leg transplant from one of the extra VC gonks I grabbed.
Why are we calling the power droids Gonks again? They are not pokemon, what they say is not their name! 🤪

Reaction score
Heh, those are all good reasons, but to reply to Tiredknight: that is their actual name. It's official canon!

2249c855-132d-55b4-af6c-496c5d1c5da1_1400x.jpg

47460670.jpg

It's true that the official name was changed from just 'power droid' to 'GNK droid' at some point in the mid '90s, but it has been canon for almost 25 years now. It's just a shorthand that's kinda fun to say! But 'power droid' is still perfectly acceptable if that's what you wish to call it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've looked up their names for anyone curious. According to Wookieepedia, these are left to right:
R1-J1 (R1-Series Astromech)
B-R72 (Heavy Loader Droid)
L4-R6 (R4-Series Astromech)
C2-B9 (R5-Series Astromech)
EG-01 (GNK)

Edit: their names are actually on the front of the box, though barely visible at this resolution they seem to match up

Reaction score
Pick a reason...

Shorter & easier to type
Has been called that since before Pokemon existed
Just about everyone knows which droid it is
Sounds cooler
Gonk beats Squirtle

🤓
Heh, those are all good reasons, but to reply to Tiredknight: that is their actual name. It's official canon!

2249c855-132d-55b4-af6c-496c5d1c5da1_1400x.jpg

47460670.jpg

It's true that the official name was changed from just 'power droid' to 'GNK droid' at some point in the mid '90s, but it has been canon for almost 25 years now. It's just a shorthand that's kinda fun to say! But 'power droid' is still perfectly acceptable if that's what you wish to call it.
Don't forget that "power droid" could mean one of many that were made.
It...it was a joke

And Bulbasaur beats Rancor!

Reaction score
i've thought it over...i'm willing to trade a lot of 2 dozen STAR WARS figures for cb-23, 4-lom and 5 pack. To not clog up this thread, about half of what i have are listed in my trades lists (any Jedi and ST are not). This lot would make a good "starter" kit for Christmas, Hanukkah, birthday etc. gifts

look at the eBay prices already 🤦🏻‍♂️
AEDDC98D-7142-403D-BF57-D4D91CD290B0.jpeg

Reaction score
Like new product announcments I will wait a year till something actually becomes available & see if I still give a dam.

Reaction score
Well..... I'm going to Hollywood Studios the week before Christmas. With any luck I'll get these droids then. If I can score more than one set I promise not to gouge anyone in here. I'll wait until I have them in hand to offer but I'd be willing to trade for stuff (of course... I do not have them yet so we'll see).

Reaction score
Well..... I'm going to Hollywood Studios the week before Christmas. With any luck I'll get these droids then. If I can score more than one set I promise not to gouge anyone in here. I'll wait until I have them in hand to offer but I'd be willing to trade for stuff (of course... I do not have them yet so we'll see).
That sounds great. This is what a collecting community is all about.
In the meantime, I am trying to build up funds in my p.p. acct. Almost have enough for sticker price on 5pk plus tax and shipping.

Reaction score
Good news is the CB has dropped $10 on average and will probably do so more after people start picking them up and we see more listings. I’m willing to pay about $20 shipped for the single carded ones which is fair and what you’d pay retail

Reaction score
Remember people, ebay sellers can come up with whatever opening bid amount they want. It's not necessarily indicative of how much an item is actually selling for. I could list a $20 item for $1000, but that doesn't mean that's what it's worth. If you want to see what they're actually selling for, you need to check 'completed' listings, not active ones. Sure, you'll see several that have actually sold at inflated scalper prices, but that's only cuz some people have no patience and have a severe case of FOMO. Just be patient, and eventually you'll be able to obtain these at a more reasonable price.

Reaction score
Remember people, ebay sellers can come up with whatever opening bid amount they want. It's not necessarily indicative of how much an item is actually selling for. I could list a $20 item for $1000, but that doesn't mean that's what it's worth. If you want to see what they're actually selling for, you need to check 'completed' listings, not active ones. Sure, you'll see several that have actually sold at inflated scalper prices, but that's only cuz some people have no patience and have a severe case of FOMO. Just be patient, and eventually you'll be able to obtain these at a more reasonable price.
Giving into scalper level prices justifies them and encourages more. Let the market react by watching these pile up and then see them lower prices to something more fair. Very good point!