New C6 Update from Reed-Don't get excited yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
New C6 Update from Reed-Don\'t get excited yet!

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. Just saw this on Twitter and had to share. Maybe C6 in 2012? It's from Reed's blog, www.mediumatlarge.com

I'm blogging while high right now....36,000 feet in the air high! On my way to San Francisco, but in spite of the title of this post, not see our pals at LucasFilm, but on other business. It's a quick, barely 48 hour West Coast swing then home for a few days.

So what was my point, oh yes Star Wars Celebration 6, of course. I've not posted anything in a while yet we've been working really hard on getting news ready for you. So let's just say that we are close to telling you something about when and where it will be and you might find the host city a real surprise.

Don't hold me to it, but I bet we'll have some real news (not just a mean spirited tease like this post is) in the next 8 weeks. Until then, you can put on your Lando mustache from C5 and relive the memories. Actually on that subject at both PAX East and C2E2 I saw a lot of C5 t-shirts, I mean like a dozen or so at each of our shows. I saw a lot of O Lando shirts and a few of the I Heart Scoundrels shirts on the ladies. Petty cool.

Ok, the pilot just said he sees a weird cloud formation ahead and everyone needs to be seated immediately. No kidding, he said that.

Hope this post gets you thinking about C6, I know I have been!

- Lance

Reaction score
Re: New C6 Update from Reed-Don\'t get excited yet!

Nice! Hmm..seems like C6 will not be in Orlando again. It will be great if we know something in the next couple of months and then tickets go on sale in September like for CIV.

Reaction score

Definetely looks like a 2012 date which is awesome to have them every 2 years instead of every 3....not to mention having another one before the world ends is a plus too.

Reaction score

deathstar1000 said:
Nice! Hmm..seems like C6 will not be in Orlando again. It will be great if we know something in the next couple of months and then tickets go on sale in September like for CIV.
Weak...

Reaction score

I remember hearing that the Celebrations were possibly going to be every other year at C5 so I guess it's not surprising to me. It just feels so quick!

Why do I have a feeling you're not going to have to drive very far for C6, Lance?

Reaction score

The post does suggest that things are moving along quickly with the planning, but to be fair it doesn't absolutely say 2012 is the date. As a Celebration year it doesn't really make sense, as there's nothing really to celebrate except for Phantom Menace 3D and that would have been released by then anyway.

I hope that they are just getting a long head start on 2013, and letting us know early that things are taking shape, and that we'll get a better organised show because of it (not that CV was that bad in my opinion).

The surprise host city could still be Orlando if you think about it. It has moved around a bit since C3, so to stay in the same place would be a surprise.

Whatever happens - I will be at CVI!

Reaction score

Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
The surprise host city could still be Orlando if you think about it. It has moved around a bit since C3, so to stay in the same place would be a surprise.
My thoughts exactly. Lance might be playing coy here with the way he is wording that.

Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
Whatever happens - I will be at CVI!
Big +1!

Reaction score

Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
I hadn't thought of that, but I would love that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.