New Battlestar Galactica figures Coming

Reaction score
Starbuck looks better than the version/image they had up a few months ago, but all in all, I'm underwhelmed by the figures, mostly because not much can be done with the articulation given the pose.

The two vehicles look good and should make nice additions to my action fleet collection.

Ook

Reaction score
I forgot about this. I can't wait to see what they do with Imperious Leader. I'm a big fan of the goofy vintage one.

Reaction score
It says Starbuck will have "several points of articulation". It looks like the head and boots move. It looks pretty static to me. The cylon is nice though.

Ooo. They are making Athena. Is she going to be in her sundress?

Reaction score
I will buy some of the vehicles but the figures suck. I hate posed figures. They may have 12 points of articulation but if it has that set pose for the starting point of the figure you will have very limited posability no matter how much artuculation it has. Toy companies need to figure out that while we may want to pose a figure liek that we also may not and to make a figure that has a very normal starting point but can achieve that pose from the articualtion.

Reaction score
I'll pick up the ships and the Cylon at least. That figure was the prototype with no moving parts visible. Hopefully the final figure will be able to stand upright at least.

Hope the line does well enough that they also release toys of the Galactica and a Cylon Base Ship.

Reaction score
The figures and vehicles shown in the pics are prototypes, not the finished products.

Reaction score
The ships definitely ROCK! OTOH, the Centurion sports a really cheap paint detail. It's the reflective armor that makes them stand out! The figs in general look a bit cheaply sculpted IMPO, but I'm glad they've done 'classic' BG this time than the modern or comic version (previously from Trendmasters). I'm hoping the price points on the figs are decent enough to pick up.

Reaction score
Sgt_Ook said:
I forgot about this. I can't wait to see what they do with Imperious Leader. I'm a big fan of the goofy vintage one.

Yeah, I loved that action figure growing up. That and the green alien with 4 arms.

Reaction score
No lie...my mother wouldn't let me buy him (IL) and the Ovion, she thought they were both cursed! She thought though Muffett was too cute.

THj

Reaction score
Yay the memories!
Gotta love your vintage Muffit figures!

THj

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
No lie...my mother wouldn't let me buy him (IL) and the Ovion, she thought they were both cursed!
This kid that I knew in high school had a mom like that. She was obsessively religious and wouldn't let him read X-Men comics because she was truly convinced that Wolverine was an image of Satan.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
This kid that I knew in high school had a mom like that. She was obsessively religious and wouldn't let him read X-Men comics because she was truly convinced that Wolverine was an image of Satan.

[/QUOTE]

I had a friend whose parents were like that -- Masters of the Universe were Satanic. Transformers were okay, though.

Anywho, back to the subject at hand, why doesn't anyone make 4"-scale BG figures these days? They were a Star Wars rip-off to begin with, weren't they, so why not have them in a comparable scale?

Cylons vs. Stormtroopers. Aaawwww, yeeeeeahhh!

(Preferably with Ewoks & Daggits getting caught in the cross-fire.
)

Reaction score

I can finally add a Battlestar Galactica collectible to my shelf. That thing is awesome!!!!

Reaction score
Besides being a SW fan, I'm also a BSG fan(yes, that it possible). I'll be getting all the stuff from both companies. Finally there will be an Apollo action figure after 26 years. Mattel never produced one and neither did Trendmasters(The previous holders of the toy license in 1996.)

Reaction score
The Cylon looks... too buf, and aren't the boots different?

Anyway... I was amazed to see action figures from American Chopper! Paul sr. looks spot on!

But is that such a popular program? We get it via Discovery Channel here.

Reaction score
I reeaaaally want to see some more BG toys, but I was hoping for the 3-3/4" scale figures. I'll wait and see what the final version of these figures look like. A good Apollo may be worth it.

I may start up a BG vintage collection. Those were fun figures, if an odd mix. And at prices you can afford!